MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

21 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

The problem isn't the length but the width and height. The dimensions of the tank are approximately 10m x 8m x 4m. The length of the blue AAT is 26 studs and the width is 24. The width of the tanks *should be about 3-4 studs shorter, which is basically the surrounding dark blue dish if that makes it easier to visualize. For proportions, the center cab then needs to be brought back down to a 6 stud base instead of an 8 stud base and the side cannons need to be brought way in as well. I don't have the set on hand so I can't measure, but I'd estimate based on the build instructions that the set is 10-11 bricks tall at its highest point. Meanwhile, a ~2m tall battle droid is 4.5 bricks tall, meaning the tank should be about 1-2 bricks shorter than it actually is.

My calculations:

Minifigure scale: Approx. 1:42 (3 studs = 1 meter)
Length of CG model:              9.75 m               Approx. length of 2009 model: 20.8 cm (should be 23.4 cm)
Approx. width of CG model:    7.25 m               Approx. width of 2009 model:   19.2 cm (should be 17.4 cm)
Approx. height of CG model:   4.40 m              Approx. height of 2009 model:  11.3 cm (should be 10.6 cm)

You're right, it's too high and wide for its length.

15 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

My money’s on Duel on Exegol is the last April set.  By far makes the most sense all things considered.

That brings us to:

- *Duel on Exegol*

- Night Buzzard

- AT-AT

- Soulless One

- AAT

Those are the summer sets. April wave sets are the busts and D-0.

1 minute ago, Sneakguest said:

I agree with NeutralNoodle to a large extent. Im here for leaks and discussion of what we have confirmed, or what we have for strong indications to believe is true.

What Im not here for, but what I instead usually get is more or less constant wishlistning, groundless speculation and pie-throwing between people who either are super easiliy offended and cannot take criticism at all and others to refuse to lay down their swords even if its so obvious they are wrong. This is a good summarize of this forum. I sit, I see, I sigh 

Pretty much exactly this. 

26 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

*27 cm

The problem isn't the length but the width and height. The dimensions of the tank are approximately 10m x 8m x 4m. The length of the blue AAT is 26 studs and the width is 24. The width of the tanks *should be about 3-4 studs shorter, which is basically the surrounding dark blue dish if that makes it easier to visualize. For proportions, the center cab then needs to be brought back down to a 6 stud base instead of an 8 stud base and the side cannons need to be brought way in as well. I don't have the set on hand so I can't measure, but I'd estimate based on the build instructions that the set is 10-11 bricks tall at its highest point. Meanwhile, a ~2m tall battle droid is 4.5 bricks tall, meaning the tank should be about 1-2 bricks shorter than it actually is.

Are you calculating with or without the main cannon?

I think the overall proportions where the best for the very first AAT from 1999. Not ist's form or lookk, but the proportions where right.

Edited by mon-o-mat

Just now, mon-o-mat said:

Are you calculating with or without the main cannon?

Pretty much every model and illustration shows that the cannon being shorter not hanging over the front of the vehicle, so the 9m is the length of the body. The 26 stud count is also of the main body of the set.

2 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

My calculations:

Length of CG model:              9.75 m               Approx. length of 2009 model: 20.8 cm (should be 23.4 cm)
Approx. width of CG model:    7.25 m               Approx. width of 2009 model:   19.2 cm (should be 17.4 cm)
Approx. height of CG model:   4.40 m              Approx. height of 2009 model:  11.3 cm (should be 10.6 cm)

I found *slightly* different numbers for the width and height but they're all close enough. Thanks for doing those calculations more exactly. I suspect the difference has to do with making the model actually stand up straight at a large enough size. diagrams of the tank show quite a severe overhang in the rear that probably isn't possible at a large size with the complexity (and thus density of the rear part) of modern builds.

6 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

My calculations:

Would you mind doing the same for 75080 (the 2015 model)? I'd like to compare the two... I've seen so many people complain about it over the years that I'm conditioned to think it's inaccurate, even though I prefer it aesthetically. 

29 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

I found *slightly* different numbers for the width and height but they're all close enough. Thanks for doing those calculations more exactly. I suspect the difference has to do with making the model actually stand up straight at a large enough size. diagrams of the tank show quite a severe overhang in the rear that probably isn't possible at a large size with the complexity (and thus density of the rear part) of modern builds.

I measured the renders of the CG model from episode 1 in the "Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels" book. But they're printed at a rather small size so the width and height may not be completely accurate.

27 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Would you mind doing the same for 75080 (the 2015 model)? I'd like to compare the two... I've seen so many people complain about it over the years that I'm conditioned to think it's inaccurate, even though I prefer it aesthetically. 

I don't have the 2015 model, but from what I can see it's about 15.5 cm long, 12.8 cm wide and 9 cm high. That would make it too small, but also way too high compared to its length.

Edited by Graupensuppe

3 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I don't have the 2015 model, but from what I can see it's about 15.5 cm long, 12.8 cm wide and 9 cm high. That would make it too small, but also way too high compared to its length.

I agree, it's a bit small and too tall proportionally. I think, however, we'll get a larger one this year. This is a $40 set, with the last one being $25 and four years ago. With inflation applied, that's still under $30. (but terrifying to think that inflation in the US moves that fast). Lego probably wouldn't charge 25% more for something in 2020 then (inflation applied) they would in 2015.) So I'd assume either we're getting some other stuff with it, or a larger vehicle. I could see it going either way, but if it is the latter, hopefully they do fix this, and give us a more correctly proportioned aat.

Also, in regards to the people who've been complaining about the leakers not revealing everything, they can't. they're already letting us know what we do and potentially putting their jobs at risk, they should be able to decide what they can and can't reveal. And if you'd "rather be surprised when the sets are officially revealed", just don't read the forum.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

If the April release is a Duel on Exegol. Does anyone think that the remaining Knights of Ren will be split across that and the Night Buzzard.

That would make almost no sense, unless they give us repeats of Ap'lek and Ushar, which is equally unlikely. My guess is that Cardo and Kuruk will be in the Night Buzzard (with the pilot), and two of those red guards (the really hard to see ones) would be in any hypothetical Duel set.

8 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Agreed. I’d rather be surprised when the sets are officially revealed than bear witness to this wild goose chase that’s been going on for the last 30 pages. 

If that were the case this thread would be active for only 3-4 times a year. The point of this forum/thread is to discuss leaks, if you don't like that then maybe this is not the forum for you 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, it's a bit small and too tall proportionally. I think, however, we'll get a larger one this year. This is a $40 set, with the last one being $25 and four years ago. With inflation applied, that's still under $30. (but terrifying to think that inflation in the US moves that fast).

US inflation (or any inflation for that matter) doesn't rise nearly as much as lego's prices do. They just found the ''raise price'' button a couple of years ago and have been pushing it ever since

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

My guess is that Cardo and Kuruk will be in the Night Buzzard (with the pilot) [...]

Kuruk’s the pilot :wink: But I fully expect the other minifig(s) in the set to be random FO personnel, so maybe they do include a FO shuttle pilot or a TIE fighter pilot, even though it‘d be canonically wrong. Wouldn‘t be the first time, they’ve even included pilots in unmanned ships (vulture droids e.g.)

43 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Kuruk’s the pilot :wink: But I fully expect the other minifig(s) in the set to be random FO personnel, so maybe they do include a FO shuttle pilot or a TIE fighter pilot, even though it‘d be canonically wrong. Wouldn‘t be the first time, they’ve even included pilots in unmanned ships (vulture droids e.g.)

It also wouldn't suprise me if they included some Resistance figures. Either random soldiers or new characters like Beaumont Kin or an updated Rose

I think it will come with either 4 or 5 figures. We already know that Kuruk and Cardo are in it so that most likely leaves us with 2 or 3 more figures

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think it will come with either 4 or 5 figures.

That‘s a bit too optimistic I‘m afraid... The Soulless One set will only include 3 minifigs and so did the TIE Dagger, and both of these sets are larger than the Night Buzzard set :wink: But you‘re right in that a Resistance character could make it in, even though it wouldn‘t make much sense

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s a bit too optimistic I‘m afraid... The Soulless One set will only include 3 minifigs and so did the TIE Dagger, and both of these sets are larger than the Night Buzzard set :wink: But you‘re right in that a Resistance character could make it in, even though it wouldn‘t make much sense

I was thinking of 2015's First Order troop transport as a comparison (though that was a little more expensive it had 7 figures). I think 4 figures is reasonable, 5 is pushing it

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was thinking of 2015's First Order troop transport as a comparison (though that was a little more expensive it had 7 figures). I think 4 figures is reasonable, 5 is pushing it

Imagine if it just comes with the two Knights of Ren and then 2/3 random First Order figures :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Imagine if it just comes with the two Knights of Ren and then 2/3 random First Order figures :facepalm:

At least 2/3 random are better than no figures at all. It's actually pretty sad that we need to worry about the low amount of figures in a $70 set compared to previous years of sets

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least 2/3 random are better than no figures at all. It's actually pretty sad that we need to worry about the low amount of figures in a $70 set compared to previous years of sets

Do you think that we could get the two knights of ren, Kylo, and the space chimp? It would be difficult for Lego to create a new mound for a character that has so little screen time but it would make sense considering Kylo gets his helmet repaired with his knights. Right after that scene, you see the night buzzard as the knights fly to the star destroyer in the movie. Just speculating.

I'm surprised no one's brought up Chewbacca as a possible inclusion seeing that he was captured by the Knights of Ren.

Just now, wesker said:

I'm surprised no one's brought up Chewbacca as a possible inclusion seeing that he was captured by the Knights of Ren.

But you did ;)

5 minutes ago, wesker said:

I guess 2 remaining knights, Chewie and FO stormie(2 if we are lucky) are in the Night buzzard.

Edited by benderisgreat

12 minutes ago, wesker said:

It could happen but it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense considering Chewy was put in a First Order Troop Transport and not the night buzzard but Lego might do it anyways. Good idea :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, wesker said:

I thought about it but didn't bring it up because I would seriously hate that

19 hours ago, legovitor1842 said:

3 hours ago Paul_seeley published a state Something that two people have seen a razorcrest, but then deleted the state.can you tell me if this Is true or not?

Strange that your post seems have to gone almost completely unnoticed. 

It's almost as though someone said to him, "Hey Paul. Take that down, stat. That's not supposed to go public for another few days at least."

Just now, jdubbs said:

Strange that your post seems have to gone almost completely unnoticed. 

It's almost as though someone said to him, "Hey Paul. Take that down, stat. That's not supposed to go public for another few days at least."

I know you wanted to step back, but I'm confused now, is there merit to this rumor?