MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Beyond that, I'm going to step back from commenting on this stuff any further. I can't — while maintaining my sanity — respond to every rumor someone decides to post about a new set number that may to may not be legit, drawn from someone's wishlist, or the product of a feedback loop between EB and Instagram. I can also see now that it was a mistake to drop that hint about another of those guesses being right, because it's set off a firestorm of speculation that I honestly don't need to be the center of. I'd prefer to just let others who actually want the notoriety do the leaking from here on out... (and rest assured, if it gets them more likes and followers, they will).

To be blunt but polite, you should either come out with what you know or keep your information to yourself, you cant really blame this place for going wild when youbgave them a guessing game to go with. Either way, I wont pester you for information but I will say I appreciate saying what you have

@ARC2149Nova Im quite impressed you guessed based on what lego would make vs your personal preference. I can see the trifighter being the most likely as that has the longest gap being remade, though the other two guesses wouldn't surprise me as being  correct.

Duel on exogol also sounds realistic as a 70$ set that will have some 500 odd pieces in it and 5 figures. Itll be the only place to get redeemed ben and hopefully those weird new guards that were hard to see clearly. I can see palpatine coming in a smaller set later down the line. 

I think I'm more interested in learning about figures and part counts for this year as price points are out there 

If one of the unknown sets does turn out to be a Mandalorian Fighter I do wonder wether it will be an updated version of the last set (white and blue) or based on the Nightbrother (Maul's personal black and red ship)

anyone else find it interesting that amazon.ca pulled the mando/child brickheadz? must have been an accident that they posted it so early

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If one of the unknown sets does turn out to be a Mandalorian Fighter I do wonder wether it will be an updated version of the last set (white and blue) or based on the Nightbrother (Maul's personal black and red ship)

Imo it would definitely be Mauls gauntlet,its main villains ship and it will be used in multiple scenes in new clone wars during mandalore episodes,and it was also used in rebels.

Just now, Canada Eh said:

anyone else find it interesting that amazon.ca pulled the mando/child brickheadz? must have been an accident that they posted it so early

It was probably meant to be revealed at the toy fair next week. The only thing we don’t know anything about for the April wave is the fourth set but it’ll probably be shown off at New York Toy Fair. Also, I doubt that Lego will show off any of the summer sets but it’s a possibility. With the leaking of the brickheadz, there probably won’t be that much revealed at toy fair which is unfortunate.

12 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

It was probably meant to be revealed at the toy fair next week. The only thing we don’t know anything about for the April wave is the fourth set but it’ll probably be shown off at New York Toy Fair. Also, I doubt that Lego will show off any of the summer sets but it’s a possibility. With the leaking of the brickheadz, there probably won’t be that much revealed at toy fair which is unfortunate.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for TF though, it has been lackluster for years

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for TF though, it has been lackluster for years

Exactly. The "1HY only" rule sadly is here to stay. Any 2HY stuff they might show is a bonus and should thus not be expected :sceptic:

5 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

To be blunt but polite, you should either come out with what you know or keep your information to yourself, you cant really blame this place for going wild when youbgave them a guessing game to go with.

This is why I said it was a mistake. At the time the sets were leaking rapid-fire and I assumed (incorrectly) that the remainder would leak within a day or even hours. The longer it takes others to leak this stuff out, the more the speculation feeds on itself. Lesson learned.

1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

I wonder what will happen with my pre-order??? I pre-ordered 2 of them...fully paid up front 

3 hours ago Paul_seeley published a state Something that two people have seen a razorcrest, but then deleted the state.can you tell me if this Is true or not?

Edited by legovitor1842

Really happy to hear that a CIS AAT is likely. I loved the 2015 version and was actually just about to order that one just before I heard about this. I know it was a smidge too small, but frankly the 2009 version was far too large. Not that this is true of people in here but I've definitely seen some people who dogmatically stick to "larger is better", even when it's totally out of scale such as in the case of the Republic Fighter Tank sets.

12 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

My money’s on Duel on Exegol is the last April set.  By far makes the most sense all things considered.

That brings us to:

- *Duel on Exegol*

- Night Buzzard

- AT-AT

- Soulless One

- AAT

Please don't post a list-list item (Duel on Exegol) on a list that looks like fact.

11 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

To be blunt but polite, you should either come out with what you know or keep your information to yourself, you cant really blame this place for going wild when youbgave them a guessing game to go with. Either way, I wont pester you for information but I will say I appreciate saying what you have

That's not polite, it's rude. People who leak information should not be bullied for more information. If you want to have further discussion about it feel free to PM me.

1 hour ago, 2maxwell said:

Really happy to hear that a CIS AAT is likely. I loved the 2015 version and was actually just about to order that one just before I heard about this. I know it was a smidge too small, but frankly the 2009 version was far too large. Not that this is true of people in here but I've definitely seen some people who dogmatically stick to "larger is better", even when it's totally out of scale such as in the case of the Republic Fighter Tank sets.

i agree, the 2009 version was too big. IMO the 2015 one's TPM colour sceme is vastly inferior to the CIS color scheme, so this is the best of both previous versions for me.

5 hours ago, Canada Eh said:

I wonder what will happen with my pre-order??? I pre-ordered 2 of them...fully paid up front 

I didn't realize you could pre-order them! I assume if you weren't refunded, your preorder still is in the system, but I'd call if you were worried.

2 hours ago, legovitor1842 said:

3 hours ago Paul_seeley published a state Something that two people have seen a razorcrest, but then deleted the state.can you tell me if this Is true or not?

I wasn’t aware of this but maybe try to DM him. Don’t force info out of him but just try to ask him about that and he might respond. However, I don’t know how true this would be because we aren’t supposed to be getting any Mandalorian sets during summer so I would think it’d be the same for April.

2 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

I loved the 2015 version and was actually just about to order that one just before I heard about this. I know it was a smidge too small, but frankly the 2009 version was far too large. Not that this is true of people in here but I've definitely seen some people who dogmatically stick to "larger is better", even when it's totally out of scale such as in the case of the Republic Fighter Tank sets.

The AAT has a length of 9 or 10 meters. The size of the 2009 set seemed spot-on to me.

57 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

That's not polite, it's rude. People who leak information should not be bullied for more information. If you want to have further discussion about it feel free to PM me.

Maybe people who leak information should not leak information in the first place if they're not supposed/allowed to do so?

Edited by AndrewShun

Just now, AndrewShun said:

Maybe people who leak information should not leak information in the first place if they're not supposed/allowed to do so?

Agreed. I’d rather be surprised when the sets are officially revealed than bear witness to this wild goose chase that’s been going on for the last 30 pages. 

14 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The AAT has a length of 9 or 10 meters. The size of the 2009 set seemed spot-on to me.

Scale of lego minifigure depends of the average dimensions of an human, i choosed a scale of 1/33.
It should be around 37 cm long to be at scale.

3 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

No leaks are technically allowed at all or even legal in most cases so that rules out every leak. Don’t discourage what info we do get. I used to get mad at leakers for that until I spoke to some of them and heard their side of the process. Any info we’re able to get is great, so please don’t discourage people from giving what info they can

3 hours ago, legovitor1842 said:

That would actually make a lot of sense if the new set list is real.  One of the two previously unknown numbers falls between Grievous' fighter and the AT-AT, which could indicate that the price point will be between those, which is about where I'd expect a Razor Crest to fall.  Obviously right now it's all speculation but that would line up with the rumored two additional set information that we just got the other day.

49 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Agreed. I’d rather be surprised when the sets are officially revealed than bear witness to this wild goose chase that’s been going on for the last 30 pages. 

Then why exactly are you here?

39 minutes ago, w219 said:

Scale of lego minifigure depends of the average dimensions of an human, i choosed a scale of 1/33.
It should be around 37 cm long to be at scale.

*27 cm

50 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

The problem isn't the length but the width and height. The dimensions of the tank are approximately 10m x 8m x 4m. The length of the blue AAT is 26 studs and the width is 24. The width of the tanks *should be about 3-4 studs shorter, which is basically the surrounding dark blue dish if that makes it easier to visualize. For proportions, the center cab then needs to be brought back down to a 6 stud base instead of an 8 stud base and the side cannons need to be brought way in as well. I don't have the set on hand so I can't measure, but I'd estimate based on the build instructions that the set is 10-11 bricks tall at its highest point. Meanwhile, a ~2m tall battle droid is 4.5 bricks tall, meaning the tank should be about 1-2 bricks shorter than it actually is.

7 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

*27 cm

The problem isn't the length but the width and height. The dimensions of the tank are approximately 10m x 8m x 4m. The length of the blue AAT is 26 studs and the width is 24. The width of the tanks *should be about 3-4 studs shorter, which is basically the surrounding dark blue dish if that makes it easier to visualize. For proportions, the center cab then needs to be brought back down to a 6 stud base instead of an 8 stud base and the side cannons need to be brought way in as well. I don't have the set on hand so I can't measure, but I'd estimate based on the build instructions that the set is 10-11 bricks tall at its highest point. Meanwhile, a ~2m tall battle droid is 4.5 bricks tall, meaning the tank should be about 1-2 bricks shorter than it actually is.

Yes, you are right, it was 37 studs long.

Edited by w219

45 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No leaks are technically allowed at all or even legal in most cases so that rules out every leak. Don’t discourage what info we do get. I used to get mad at leakers for that until I spoke to some of them and heard their side of the process. Any info we’re able to get is great, so please don’t discourage people from giving what info they can

Poor bidding. Can't quite follow your line of reasoning, which is the case for most things being said here lately

so no, I'm good

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Then why exactly are you here?

I agree with NeutralNoodle to a large extent. Im here for leaks and discussion of what we have confirmed, or what we have for strong indications to believe is true.

What Im not here for, but what I instead usually get is more or less constant wishlistning, groundless speculation and pie-throwing between people who either are super easiliy offended and cannot take criticism at all and others to refuse to lay down their swords even if its so obvious they are wrong. This is a good summarize of this forum. I sit, I see, I sigh