MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75285 [unknown mainline set]

75291 [unknown MDP set]

So just to be clear, these are indeed two additional summer sets, and not either the May UCS, something like the May the 4th promo (assuming it's perhaps another mini scale build), or the last April set, right?  I know that most of those would already have set numbers assigned, but I'm just clarifying that no one made a mistake and accidentally mis-assigned a set number to the wrong set, and we're actually not getting two additional sets this summer.  

Also, on the subject of a Jedi fighter being one of the smaller sets, I think it makes a lot of sense, because they're pretty reliable sellers and people like them as a cheap way to get hero characters, but I'm curiosu who they would choose for the pilot?  Anakin's delta class fighter is off the table, Obi-Wan's eta-class doesn't really make much sense as we just got the red one a couple of years ago, and we're already getting him in Grievous' starfighter, so the blue one wouldn't make sense either.  I believe we just got Anakin's eta-class fighter a couple of years back as well.  I guess if Order 66 is actually included in TCW, maybe Plo Koon's would make sense.  Just speculation on my part, perhaps a bit wishfully. 

20 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm glad that the AAT's confirmed for a $40 price point, which means about 4-5 minifigs (2 being Battle Droids, of course).

I am really hoping at least 1 of the battle droids is actual tank driver(one lego calls kashyyk battle droid) or separatist general/tactical droid whatever may be in the scene,and not just 2 regular ones.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

So just to be clear, these are indeed two additional summer sets, and not either the May UCS, something like the May the 4th promo (assuming it's perhaps another mini scale build), or the last April set, right?  [...]

That's right, regular sets. May UCS is 75275 and is $200.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

So just to be clear, these are indeed two additional summer sets, and not either the May UCS, something like the May the 4th promo (assuming it's perhaps another mini scale build), or the last April set, right?  I know that most of those would already have set numbers assigned, but I'm just clarifying that no one made a mistake and accidentally mis-assigned a set number to the wrong set, and we're actually not getting two additional sets this summer. 

May Ucs set is 75275,last april set is  75274,i have no idea about the may the 4th promo.Numbers you quoted are from the 4 sets that leak sites have as "unknown wave".Dont think anyone made mistake.

Just now, PreVizsla said:

I am really hoping at least 1 of the battle droids is actual tank driver(one lego calls kashyyk battle droid) or separatist general/tactical droid whatever may be in the scene,and not just 2 regular ones.

The battle droid was featured in TCW S01E01 and it will be featured again in the first episode of the "Bad Batch 99" arc. So I think there is a chance we will get him. On the other hand, Lego added the battle droid only to comparatively expensive PT sets, namely 75233 and 75234. It would have fit perfectly into 75261, but that didn't happen.

14 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Yes we got to vote for gunship after waiting for UCS set from movies/shows we enjoy for 10 years and its not like we had ton of options it was just 1 set to choose from(while ot fans had 2)and it will be for sale next year,making it 11 years of ot ucs sets in a row if there is 1 this year(which would make 15 ucs sets in a row ot).And there were so many votes for Gunship that LEGO wont even post numbers.Literally 2 people asked about tcw sets cause of misunderstanding where someone said its clone wars wave on instagram and then non clone wars stuff got leaked,thats not really vocal complaining.Complaints were from ot fans who were greedy for more ot ucs sets,calling the rest of us children for voting for gunship and saying that MandRproductions came knocking on our doors forcing us to vote or jedi mind tricked us or whatever the conspiracy is to try to diminish our victory.And if people do complain,its for a good reason,its last season of clone wars.

I am personally super happy for the wave and it has somethng for everyone with half the sets not even revealed,and i will try to get at least 10 AAT sets(will treat it like a bulkier battle pack).Not a biggest fan of sequel movies but if Night Buzzard looks good and i can put all 6 guys in i will happily get the set and order other 4 knights on bricklink.AT-AT is just amazing and even though i dont enjoy ot(cause of toxic fans),i really love the vehicle and might get that too.

I'm sorry that I seem to have upset you, I said a few times a vocal MINORITY of fans, I wasn't saying you were one of them, you've actually been pretty positive about this wave, and I agree the majority of gunship voters did so because they wanted the ship, not because MandR told them too. However, I wouldn't say the OT fans are "greedy", or part of a "conspiracy" to dimish your victory. (nor do most strike me as toxic, besides the ones that hate anything disney puts out).  I'd encourage you not to judge the OT by a few fans, but rather the films. (otherwise I think no one could enjoy any of star wars, at this point :laugh:) Glad to see you're happy about this wave!  

37 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm glad that the AAT's confirmed for a $40 price point, which means about 4-5 minifigs (2 being Battle Droids, of course).

I'm glad that 2 more sets have popped up, and 75291, being a retailer exclusive, might be somewhere in price between the Night Buzzard and Soulless One, since there's no way they'll out-price the AT-AT.

As for the $30 sets, and 75285, here's hoping for a V-19/Z-95 remake (75285), and some mandalore sets ($30).

And the Mandalorian and Child brickheads look sweet! I've only ever gotten the Captain America one, so I may hunt this down.

i wouldn't hold out hope for a headhunter, the last one was substantially over $30 and it's been a few years since then. I think it's more likely we'll get an interceptor like you predicted, to go against the belbullab but still be at the $30 price point. 

Agreed about the mando and child brickheadz, they look great. (and until boba fett's wide-release brickheadz came out, the only one I had was captain america too!)

I believe 91 showed up in Walmart computers, for a time at least. 85 was not shown at European toy fairs or in the retail catalog for 2H 2020. But that doesn’t mean it can’t come out in a later wave, as a retail partner (or LEGO Store) exclusive, etc. 

I have wondered for some time if some or all of the skipped set numbers were actually Mandalorian sets that were postponed so LEGO could rework them to include a Child minifig. Pure speculation, please don’t treat that as fact or even likely. 

Looking back at early leaks of set names and numbers from the past few years, “MDP” was used on the Imperial Landing Craft and several of the 20th Anniversary sets in 2019. The landing craft started out as a TRU exclusive before they went belly up, and I vaguely remember reading that Target (I think?) was going to have some 20th exclusives, which never panned out. So it would fit for MDP to apply only to retail exclusives, though a few of them apparently transitioned to wide release. 

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

i wouldn't hold out hope for a headhunter, the last one was substantially over $30 and it's been a few years since then. 

Just to clarify, I'm saying that 75285 (Which will probably be around $60+), or even 75291 (Which despite it's high number, will probably be between Soulless One and AT-AT in price), could be a V-19/Headhunter remake. Until we get prices for those, I'm speculating higher prices and thus bigger ships.

I probably just bunched the point up.:shrug_confused:

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Just to clarify, I'm saying that 75285 (Which will probably be around $60+), or even 75291 (Which despite it's high number, will probably be between Soulless One and AT-AT in price), could be a V-19/Headhunter remake. Until we get prices for those, I'm speculating higher prices and thus bigger ships.

I probably just bunched the point up.:shrug_confused:

no, it makes sense now. I like @jdubbs idea, though he makes sure to let us know it's just an idea and not related to his information/sources/etc, that they could be mando sets, but if not a headhunter would be nice.

Wait so is the summer wave coming out after the advent calendar which is listed for like September or August on certain websites? If this is the case, there will be a bigger gap than expected between April wave sets and summer sets.

Just now, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Wait so is the summer wave coming out after the advent calendar which is listed for like September or August on certain websites? If this is the case, there will be a bigger gap than expected between April wave sets and summer sets.

The last three summer waves came out in Oct, Aug, and Sep. I believe this one comes out in August but don’t hold me to that. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree with this, I think a Jedi Starfighter or Interceptor would be a likely set for one of the $30 slots

Same here.  Seems extremely likely actually given the Soulless One is coming.  TLG (and kids) love vehicle pairs.  Plus it’s the only good match that could realistically fit the $30 tag.

Honestly disappointed though if that’s the case.  We need Troopers, not our hundredth Jedi fighter.

We shall see.

Edited by Skyhammer

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is definitely another set coming (75274 for $70).

i get it but that and busts sounds rlly underwhelming imo (just my opinion doe) 

23 minutes ago, NicDotFR said:

i get it but that and busts sounds rlly underwhelming imo (just my opinion doe) 

It’s definitely underwhelming. We knew it was coming of course because of @jdubbs warning to lower expectations. The summer wave seems a little underwhelming too as far as number and size of sets. But again, we were wanted. Doesn’t make it much less disappointing though. I just hope the sets we get end up making up for it a little, hopefully with some great minifigures 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s definitely underwhelming. We knew it was coming of course because of @jdubbs warning to lower expectations. The summer wave seems a little underwhelming too as far as number and size of sets. But again, we were wanted. Doesn’t make it much less disappointing though. I just hope the sets we get end up making up for it a little, hopefully with some great minifigures 

i didnt have any particular expectations tbh but just looking at it is like,,,, how are they gon make money out of this lol (even tho i know boba fett is very popular and anything from him sells but like,,,,, idk man) 

Obviously Im not trying to force information from the leakers but out of the summer sets we know of, has the one that was supposed to be a big crowd pleaser been revealed? I don't remember if it was jdubbs or hoth rebel who said that..

1 minute ago, legosamsonite said:

Obviously Im not trying to force information from the leakers but out of the summer sets we know of, has the one that was supposed to be a big crowd pleaser been revealed? I don't remember if it was jdubbs or hoth rebel who said that..

I think the phrasing was “bright spots” but yes I’d like to know that as well. My guess is that the Night Buzzard was part of that since a lot of people had mentioned wanting it on here before. Probably the AT-AT as well. Those were probably the bright spots. Just a guess

6 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

@jdubbs said there are a few 'bright spots in the wave depending on your point of view' which I have taken to probably refer to the AT-AT considering it's appeal to OT fans and the Night Buzzard considering the call there has been on here for the ship.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Holiday figures aside, last year's advent had some strong choices like the Cloud Car Pilot, the Tantive Rebel redesign and exiled Luke. Would anyone say if the side figures in 2020 one is better or worse than that?

40 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I was referring to the AT-AT and the Advent, actually.

Thanks for the clarification, and bonus thanks for all you've shared with us this last little bit

Personally, I'm unsure if I want the knights of ren ship, depending on figures

And I have the OG grevious ship so will have to decide on that one, but have been waiting patiently for a new atat, and always a fan of cheap clone wars sets