MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

"LEGO Star Wars MDP 1" was a codename for 75173, "LEGO Star Wars MDP 2" was a codename for 75174, so I don't think as well that "mdp" is a clue as to what to expect from the set. If I had to guess, I'd say that it refers to a product in its final stage of the development process.

Edited by Brickadeer

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not so sure about that, that's just a guess.

A 2018 Harry Potter set (Quidditch Match) also had 'MDP' in its codename, so did a Unikitty set (Fairground Fun).

I don’t normally post in here (normally stick to Harry Potter chat) but could mdp be something to do with retail exclusives, I think the quidditch match was a retail exclusive

48 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

MDP (Mandalorian Disney Plus)

MDP is retail exclusive i am pretty sure,cause the last star wars set that had that conf mdp thing in the name was Walmart exclusive hoth medical chamber 75203.

53 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Due to "hoth rebel", it's pretty much the 2015 version in the 2009 color scheme. If the price is correct, it's the same price that 75080 initially had in 2015. So I think it's reasonable to guess that the set will contain one or two battle droids and maybe a third minifig.

The price that the leakers stated to be in 2015 you mean? 

So you’re saying the AAT listed for $40 here will actually be $25? Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

MDP (Mandalorian Disney Plus)

It does not mean that. Has been used before Disney Plus or Mando existed. 

10 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Where does the Mando brickhead fit on that list? 

It doesn’t. 75317. Fully 25 set numbers after the last identified (possible) 2020 set number. 

22 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

MDP is retail exclusive i am pretty sure,cause the last star wars set that had that conf mdp thing in the name was Walmart exclusive hoth medical chamber 75203.

Has been used on non-retail exclusives too unless I’m mistaken. 

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

The price that the leakers stated to be in 2015 you mean?  

So you’re saying the AAT listed for $40 here will actually be $25? Makes no sense.

If I got the prices wrong, feel free to correct me :) But there is no point in offending me.

Just now, Brickadeer said:

If I got the prices wrong, feel free to correct me :) But there is no point in offending me.

I’m not sure how in any form I have offended you... but either away I apologise I didn’t mean to come across hostile. My apologies. 

The set was sold for £24.99/$29.99. I wasn’t sure if you were alluding to the rumours back in 2015 where it was said it would be $40 and then it was found out to be $30 that’s all. (I was trying to establish if this happened or not as I don’t remember)

I’m simply just trying to understand the situation as best as I can. I think Hoth Rebel’s quote shouldn’t be taken so literally. Probably just looks more like the 2015 one than the 2009 one which is probably what it should be considering size. 

I really liked to 2015 AAT, it's what persuaded me to buy some prequel sets again. That's probably going to be a buy for me, especially as I'm getting into TCW again. 

Were there ever CIS-coloured MTTs? 

Just now, Seaber said:

I really liked to 2015 AAT, it's what persuaded me to buy some prequel sets again. That's probably going to be a buy for me, especially as I'm getting into TCW again. 

Were there ever CIS-coloured MTTs? 

There are 3 MTT sets,each of them came 7 years after the last one(2000,2007,2014) meaning we may get 1 next year,there were all based on episode 1 and none of them was clone wars colored(if you dont count mini polybag one from 2012)

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

There are 3 MTT sets,each of them came 7 years after the last one(2000,2007,2014) meaning we may get 1 next year,there were all based on episode 1 and none of them was clone wars colored(if you dont count mini polybag one from 2012)

I meant did they appear in the CW series, but you answered my question anyway, thanks :) 

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

No, but it’s implied the set’s on @ARC2149Nova’s wishlist and based on its price point, it could be the Duel on Exegol :classic:

I really hope so. It would line up with all of the hints that have been dropped and whatever it might be, we’ll probably see it at the toy fair next week. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

MDP stands for "Market Driven Product" and is the internal phrasing used for retailer exclusives.

Thank you for clarifying.

I should have made clear I was only taking a stab at it.

Anyways, when are these last two Clone Wars sets going to leak huh?? ?  I’d just like to know what remakes are coming.  Still holding out hope we may someday see the V-19 Torrent again like was rumored last year (it’s never going to happen guys)

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

Thank you for clarifying.

I should have made clear I was only taking a stab at it.

Anyways, when are these last two Clone Wars sets going to leak huh?? ?  I’d just like to know what remakes are coming.  Still holding out hope we may someday see the V-19 Torrent again like was rumored last year (it’s never going to happen guys)

A Headhunter would be more likely since they and the ARC-170 kinda replaced the V-19’s towards the end of the Clone Wars. I don’t think it would be $30 though so it’s very unlikely

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A Headhunter would be more likely since they and the ARC-170 kinda replaced the V-19’s towards the end of the Clone Wars. I don’t think it would be $30 though so it’s very unlikely

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a Headhunter as an exclusive. 

One of the $30 sets being a Jedi Starfighter would not surprise me. Normally they hang around the $25 range, with exceptions to larger builds like the $40 Azure Angle from 2015 and the $20 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from 2018, which was shockingly under priced for Lego. So a $30 fighter would be within reason. It would probably be an interceptor to be a cheap hero craft to fight the Soulless One. The only non interceptor fighter I could see is a remake of Plo Koon's due to him using it throughout the Clone Wars and even into Revenge of the Sith.

I really want someone to finally confirm if we're getting a 'Duel on Exegol' set or not, I really want it and the waiting's killing me :wall:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really want someone to finally confirm if we're getting a 'Duel on Exegol' set or not, I really want it and the waiting's killing me :wall:

I think we’ll know by next Saturday at the latest since the April wave sets should be on display at the NYTF, them being 1HY releases and all :laugh:

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We've got a more detailed list. Detective_azani (reliable leaker) made this with childish_landino_chronicles (guy who made the previous list, the one from yesterday) and paul_seeley4 (another reliable leaker)

(list)

So two more sets confirmed, and also AAT is confined to be the $40 set. Not sure what MDP means.

Hopefully the AAT has a bit more too it, the last one was only $25, right?

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

Where does the Mando brickhead fit on that list? 

I don't think it does, it's only $20.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I think we’ll know by next Saturday at the latest since the April wave sets should be on display at the NYTF, them being 1HY releases and all :laugh:

Yeah, I think we had images of the avengers endgame sets about this time of year, and you'd think that'd have more secrecy around it than a couple of helmets and d-0.

I did not notice the Mando and Child Brickhead until now, that is a really nice surprise. I have never gotten a Brickhead, but I think I will make an exception for this one. I am also glad it was a set we did not know about on the list.

I'm glad that the AAT's confirmed for a $40 price point, which means about 4-5 minifigs (2 being Battle Droids, of course).

I'm glad that 2 more sets have popped up, and 75291, being a retailer exclusive, might be somewhere in price between the Night Buzzard and Soulless One, since there's no way they'll out-price the AT-AT.

As for the $30 sets, and 75285, here's hoping for a V-19/Z-95 remake (75285), and some mandalore sets ($30).

And the Mandalorian and Child brickheads look sweet! I've only ever gotten the Captain America one, so I may hunt this down.

25 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

One of the $30 sets being a Jedi Starfighter would not surprise me. Normally they hang around the $25 range, with exceptions to larger builds like the $40 Azure Angle from 2015 and the $20 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter from 2018, which was shockingly under priced for Lego. So a $30 fighter would be within reason. It would probably be an interceptor to be a cheap hero craft to fight the Soulless One. The only non interceptor fighter I could see is a remake of Plo Koon's due to him using it throughout the Clone Wars and even into Revenge of the Sith.

I agree with this, I think a Jedi Starfighter or Interceptor would be a likely set for one of the $30 slots