MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, wesker said:

It depends on the figure. Most of them have been surprisingly cheap but there are a couple where the sellers have really been showcasing their greed and taking advantage of the price. The Mandalorian and Lando being two of the most notable examples.

I wouldn't say it's sellers showcasing greed. That's how much the mandalorian goes for online, it's supply and demand. You aren't being forced to buy it.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't really suprise me tbh, the movies are watched by way more people than the shows so an obscure movie vehicle will most likely sell better than an obscure show vehicle. Also, they needed a place to throw in the remaining Knights

Thank you. It worries me that people have decided that, somehow, a vehicle that will be in a few episodes of the clone wars is more iconic and a better idea than a set with more screentime than ESB slave one from the final film in the saga.

3 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

I enjoy both the prequels and clone wars and I'm old.  That doesn't change the fact that sets based on the cartoons have generally not sold well and that there is a vocal minority of, mostly, younger people on the internet who are loudly adamant about CW sets.  That's fine that they are vocal about liking something but some people need to temper their expectations.  Just because you want something badly doesn't mean it is in TLGs best interest.

This right here, this is exactly what's happening. People literally just got to vote for a UCS set and after the gunship won, they've moved on to complaining, somehow, that we're *only* getting 4 TCW sets. Some people will complain no matter what. 
I think this wave sounds good. An at-at is a desirable vehicle that's been retired for awhile, the night buzzard is a cool looking ship that will likely have some great figures, and we're getting 4 TCW sets. 4!!! The wave's got something for everyone. I can understand being disappointed that we're not getting larger TCW sets, but there's a difference between "i wish we got some bigger sets for TCW" and the entitlement of "LEGO NEEDS TO GIVE US MORE BIGGER TCW SETS WITH BAD BATCH AND EVERY CLONE EVER BECAUSE WE, THE VOCAL MINORITY, SAY SO!" I'm not saying that that many people are saying that, hence "vocal minority", but there do seem to be some people. :hmpf:

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Idk if someone already mentioned it somewhere in the last few pages of debate, but is anyone else concerned about the Buzzard's price? I really don't see how they could make it look good with such a low price

If you look at Poe's x-wing at $90USD and the sith tie fighter at $80.....ship size may be concerning at $70 

Some are happy, some are content, some have mixed feelings. Let's try to understand all sides and not judge people for their opinion.

I'm happy to put this senseless debate behind us. Enjoy the Night Buzzard. I'll keep waiting on the final Prequel sets.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

People literally just got to vote for a UCS set and after the gunship won, they've moved on to complaining, somehow, that we're *only* getting 4 TCW sets. Some people will complain no matter what. 
I think this wave sounds good. An at-at is a desirable vehicle that's been retired for awhile, the night buzzard is a cool looking ship that will likely have some great figures, and we're getting 4 TCW sets. 4!!! The wave's got something for everyone. I can understand being disappointed that we're not getting larger TCW sets, but there's a difference between "i wish we got some bigger sets for TCW" and the entitlement of "LEGO NEEDS TO GIVE US MORE BIGGER TCW SETS WITH BAD BATCH AND EVERY CLONE EVER BECAUSE WE, THE VOCAL MINORITY, SAY SO!" I'm not saying that that many people are saying that, hence "vocal minority", but there do seem to be some people. :hmpf:

Yes we got to vote for gunship after waiting for UCS set from movies/shows we enjoy for 10 years and its not like we had ton of options it was just 1 set to choose from(while ot fans had 2)and it will be for sale next year,making it 11 years of ot ucs sets in a row if there is 1 this year(which would make 15 ucs sets in a row ot).And there were so many votes for Gunship that LEGO wont even post numbers.Literally 2 people asked about tcw sets cause of misunderstanding where someone said its clone wars wave on instagram and then non clone wars stuff got leaked,thats not really vocal complaining.Complaints were from ot fans who were greedy for more ot ucs sets,calling the rest of us children for voting for gunship and saying that MandRproductions came knocking on our doors forcing us to vote or jedi mind tricked us or whatever the conspiracy is to try to diminish our victory.And if people do complain,its for a good reason,its last season of clone wars.After this few episodes end,we are back to 1 terrible 20$-30$ clone wars set every 2 years *cough* grievous combat speeder *cough* and maybe never again after few years,while you will keep getting 8 to 20 ot sets per year till LEGO star wars collapses and gets outsold by bob the builder duplo sets and disney takes their licence.

I am personally super happy for the wave and it has somethng for everyone with half the sets not even revealed,and i will try to get at least 10 AAT sets(will treat it like a bulkier battle pack).Not a biggest fan of sequel movies but if Night Buzzard looks good and i can put all 6 guys in i will happily get the set and order other 4 knights on bricklink.AT-AT is just amazing and even though i dont enjoy ot(cause of toxic fans),i really love the vehicle and might get that too.

I have my favorite and least favorite Star Wars movies (definitely had issues with several aspects of TLJ) but I just love Star Wars so I love sets from every era of the franchise. I’ll never understand why people think anyone who loves a SW era that isn’t their favorite is somehow a whiny 12 year old. And regardless of the issues in some movies, they are all visually striking and have superb Lego opportunity. Stop griping. OT produces great sets, PT produces great sets, ST produces great sets, all the shows produce great sets. Can we please just enjoy Lego Star Wars without everyone calling each other’s love of the franchise into question

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I have my favorite and least favorite Star Wars movies (definitely had issues with several aspects of TLJ) but I just love Star Wars so I love sets from every era of the franchise. I’ll never understand why people think anyone who loves a SW era that isn’t their favorite is somehow a whiny 12 year old. And regardless of the issues in some movies, they are all visually striking and have superb Lego opportunity. Stop griping. OT produces great sets, PT produces great sets, ST produces great sets, all the shows produce great sets. Can we please just enjoy Lego Star Wars without everyone calling each other’s love of the franchise into question

Yes, I very much agree. Arguing over toys seems a bit much... If people like something you don't like, just say good for you and move on. No need to argue and call people names over toys or movies. Anyhow, anybody check out the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Brickheadz??? I hope LEGO's distribution team doesn't screw up the release like usual... 

8 hours ago, NicDotFR said:

I'm seriously worried we might just get busts and a D-0 for the april wave lol 

There is definitely another set coming (75274 for $70).

Brickheadz baby yoda looks so much better than regular yoda. He's even bigger with the ears and all. I love him. Might become the first brickheadz I will personally buy.

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is definitely another set coming (75274 for $70).

Only one non-bust, non-D-0 set in the April wave? Do we know what it is?

Mandalorian/Yoda Brickheadz looks cute, but I still hate Brickheadz.

Might be the 2nd brickheadz I have to get, the first was Boba Fett. The child and Mando look really good! Now give us a Baby Groot-esque minifig scale baby Yoda and a full Beskar Mando with a jetpack!

19 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Only one non-bust, non-D-0 set in the April wave? Do we know what it is?

No, but it’s implied the set’s on @ARC2149Nova’s wishlist and based on its price point, it could be the Duel on Exegol :classic:

Those brickheadz look great, but just like every other Star Wars brickheadz they’ll probably sell out instantly on S@H and never come back in stock. I wish they’d sell brickheadz in stores down under but for whatever reason they don’t. 

I just hope they keep the printing of the supposed clones in this new wave unchanged from the last design, I got a small army of 212th, 41st, 91st, etc... And I would like to add some more, but I don't like mixing different styles of printing.:wacko:

Shit, you guys really argue over nothing… At least complaing on lego makes sense, but not each other, Im pretty sure minority or not, vocal or not, except of this UCS poll, TLG dont care that much what we AFOLs Think, if they did, they wouldnt repeat this speeders and rebel fighter Aircraft.

But this summer wave sounds okey to me, better than the last few waves at least (even far from the SW glory days of 2012-2014). Personally I dont care too much if it's PT, OT, ST or from any series, as long as it's not constant remakes of figures and vehicles Im happy. So welcoming the Night Buzzard and hope they come of with something else new as well.

Oh no those Mandalorian brick heads are way too cute! The Baby Yoda looks so accurate I might have to get this one. 

The way this set alone has been revealed seems to me to suggest that Lego knows exactly how popular the Mandalorian is. Imagine if we got a mini wave for the series in January with sets from both the first and second seasons! 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Those brickheadz look great, but just like every other Star Wars brickheadz they’ll probably sell out instantly on S@H and never come back in stock. I wish they’d sell brickheadz in stores down under but for whatever reason they don’t. 

They have in the past - MYER, Toyworld etc. I hope TLG are fully aware of how popular this set will be, although I somehow doubt it. Flippers will ensure it’s an instant sell-out regardless. 

We've got a more detailed list. Detective_azani (reliable leaker) made this with childish_landino_chronicles (guy who made the previous list, the one from yesterday) and paul_seeley4 (another reliable leaker)

75280 & 75281 [both are Prequels/Clone Wars sets] - both are $30

75283 AAT - $40

75284 Night Buzzard (TROS) - $70

75285 [unknown mainline set]

75286 General Grievous' Shuttle - $80

75288 AT-AT - $160

75291 [unknown MDP set]

So two more sets confirmed, and also AAT is confined to be the $40 set. Not sure what MDP means.

Those are very good news :thumbup: So the AAT is just between the 2015 and 2009 versions size-wise, which is a good position to be in.

The two additional sets are interesting... Does this mean the “no Mando sets” idea no longer applies? Looks like “get hype” is back on the menu, boys! :moar:

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75291 [unknown MDP set]

So two more sets confirmed, and also AAT is confined to be the $40 set. Not sure what MDP means.

MDP (Mandalorian Disney Plus)

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Those are very good news :thumbup: So the AAT is just between the 2015 and 2009 versions size-wise, which is a good position to be in.

Due to "hoth rebel", it's pretty much the 2015 version in the 2009 color scheme. If the price is correct, it's the same price that 75080 initially had in 2015. So I think it's reasonable to guess that the set will contain one or two battle droids and maybe a third minifig.

Edited by Brickadeer

26 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

MDP (Mandalorian Disney Plus)

Not so sure about that, that's just a guess.

A 2018 Harry Potter set (Quidditch Match) also had 'MDP' in its codename, so did a Unikitty set (Fairground Fun).