MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Night Buzzard and AT-AT sounds exciting. AAT is on of the few droid ships I like. Hoping it’s bigger than the 2015 version. 

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

The sets are not expensive, so they go down eventuellt, but yes, Im also waiting for a 50 % cut in the BL process. 

Conserning that, is it only me or does it feel like the BL figure prices for latest waves are much higher then before?

It depends on the figure. Most of them have been surprisingly cheap but there are a couple where the sellers have really been showcasing their greed and taking advantage of the price. The Mandalorian and Lando being two of the most notable examples.

It's definitely surprising that we're getting only one/two TROS sets after January of 2020. One in summer, and MAYBE one in April.

I hope we get a playset for Clone Wars, I would like one with Maul and Ashoka. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

11 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

While I’m interested in Night buzzard set I am really surprised that its 70$ when Grievous starfighter is 80$(supposedly). What are they thinking? Buzzard is way bigger in universe then Soulless One, but  is a cheaper and smaller set?! I seriously don’t get why LEGO insists on making small-ish vehicles into bigger sets over the years.

Aat I am really interested though, given that it’s Separatists version.

I guess it's gonna be smaller and cheaper because it's pretty much guaranteed to not sell very well. I don't think anyone knows what the hell it is, except for people who read the books or comics or whatever....cause I did see the movie, and I had zero idea that this ship was in it. I mean obviously not from name, but even after googling it, it rings no bells whatsoever. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's definitely surprising that we're getting only one/two TROS sets in 2020. One in summer, and MAYBE one in April.

I hope we get a playset for Clone Wars, I would like one with Maul and Ashoka. 

I think it makes perfect sense, they could offload the majority of TROS sets before the movies release, and it's reasonable to believe that merchandising revenue will be just as frontloaded for this movie as box-office results themselves.

If Disney has a little brain left, they shift to the universally well-received material, and with the CW coming back, it makes perfect sense to concentrate on that. 

Edited by brobert

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's definitely surprising that we're getting only one/two TROS sets in 2020. One in summer, and MAYBE one in April.

There were two sets and a battle pack in January, don’t forget. 

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

There are also not one, but at least 3 skipped set numbers, which is something they've never done before. We have 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, and 88. Which means that 82, 85, and 87 are just randomly missing for no apparent reason. Maybe retail exclusives?

They skip one or two set numbers pretty much every year.  But yes, it’s entirely possible one or even all of these show up as retail store exclusives before the end of they year. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's definitely surprising that we're getting only one/two TROS sets in 2020.

Not to me. I watch the movie with a friend of mine and laughed my blocks off. Palpatine was the best part of the movie to me, only because of Ian's performance.

That said, they covered it excellently with the first and second waves. We do not need a Night Buzzard, like @brobert said, no one knows what it is (no one being the average fan. Hell, I didn't know what it was, and I'm a superfan). A Duel set plus maybe a Star Destroyer and that's the main stuff done and dealt with.

What surprises me is that they picked the Night Buzzard over the Havoc Marauder, a ship that would have larger appeal. Even as far safe options go, the HM looks like an Imperial craft, which would appeal to more people than a smaller version of the Night Fox from Justice League.

Edit for clarity: The Havoc Marauder is the Bad Batch shuttle.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

What surprises me is that they picked the Night Buzzard over the Havoc Marauder, a ship that would have larger appeal. Even as far safe options go, the HM looks like an Imperial craft, which would appeal to more people than a smaller version of the Night Fox from Justice League.

Doesn't really suprise me tbh, the movies are watched by way more people than the shows so an obscure movie vehicle will most likely sell better than an obscure show vehicle. Also, they needed a place to throw in the remaining Knights

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't really suprise me tbh, the movies are watched by way more people than the shows so an obscure movie vehicle will most likely sell better than an obscure show vehicle. Also, they needed a place to throw in the remaining Knights

Yeah, but like I said, a Duel set takes care of the final Knights. Plus, the Havoc Marauder looks like an Imperial shuttle. Therefore, even OT purists looking for a neat Imperial craft might be persuaded to buy it, and the Bad Batch could be view as Storm Trooper Commandos. A Sequel set is a bad gamble, especially one so obscure.

4 minutes ago, Mr Meleca said:

BUT THIS..... OHH YEAH

they are saving the franchising via Streaming

Too cool :) Thanks for the link. Now I only have to wait until the end of March to watch Clone Wars and Mandalorian. :iamded_lol: I enjoyed the new film and don't hate the new trilogy overall, but there was just too much retconning of TLJ and overall sloppiness of story that I have now come to see them as separate from PT and OT Star Wars. They just don't have my heart like the old stuff. But Clone Wars ... Oh yeah. :excited:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Too cool :) Thanks for the link. Now I only have to wait until the end of March to watch Clone Wars and Mandalorian. :iamded_lol: I enjoyed the new film and don't hate the new trilogy overall, but there was just too much retconning of TLJ and overall sloppiness of story that I have now come to see them as separate from PT and OT Star Wars. They just don't have my heart like the old stuff. But Clone Wars ... Oh yeah. :excited:

Retconning of TLJ was the best thing they did for this movie imo. But I digress. As far as the Night Buzzard goes, I think it’s a great looking ship, and I don’t get why people are saying it’s too obscure. This is Lego Star Wars after all, there are tons of obscure vehicles in sets

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

There were two sets and a battle pack in January, don’t forget. 

They skip one or two set numbers pretty much every year.  But yes, it’s entirely possible one or even all of these show up as retail store exclusives before the end of they year. 

Oh yeah you're right, totally forgot about those.

I think the NightBuzzard is more known than the Havoc Marauder. It’s a nice looking ship aswell allowing us to have the final 2 KOR. After all, we need a ship that transports all our Knights! 

I’d expect the Marauder to appear though within the next year (or even as an exclusive) but I’d prefer other TCW sets before it. 

Here’s hoping we get the final two set leaks tonight! :thumbup:

Edited by ArrowBricks

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Retconning of TLJ was the best thing they did for this movie imo. But I digress. As far as the Night Buzzard goes, I think it’s a great looking ship, and I don’t get why people are saying it’s too obscure. This is Lego Star Wars after all, there are tons of obscure vehicles in sets

Oh yes I don't disagree with the fact that it needed retconning, but if Disney had shown SW the respect it deserves and had a clear trilogy plot from the start it wouldn't have needed retconning if you get my drift. But I too digress. As for the Night Buzzard, I'm glad those who want it are getting their wish, and Lego certainly isn't shy of making obscure vehicles. I'm looking at you Sandspeeder. I suppose it can just get annoying for some people that Lego can do 'obscure' vehicles, but seem unwilling to give attention to more demanded ships from other eras (ARC-170, Naboo Royal Starship etc) in favour of constant remakes of other ships. It seems to negate the 'they will make what will sell' argument' I suppose. I get the feeling that the Night Buzzard probably played a far more prominent role in the original cut of the movie than the eventual theatrical release, so for Lego it might not have been so obscure.   

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

You don't have to wait untill March though, just watch it online 

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

So there will only be one final season?

We've known that since the new season got announced...

Regardless of thoughts on the ST, I think the Night Buzzard is a great choice. People complain about getting the same old sets yet now people are complaining about it being too obscure...

The Night Buzzard is a cool villain ship with a sleek black finish, I guarantee  you it will sell pretty well. On top of that we complete the Knights Of Ren which will be a huge draw.  I don’t think people knowing the name off top of their head matters, as along as the ship looks cool. I remember in 2009 when I was a kid I bought the Rogue Shadow having no clue from where it was. Now I’m considering buying Kylo’s shuttle because I was waiting out if they would release all 7. If we got the Quadjumper, then I see no problem with the Night Buzzard. Fingers are crossed for Duel on Exegol, would love to get me a zombie Palpatine minifig with his Episode 3 senate garb and 6 look combined 

Edited by RODDY

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You don't have to wait untill March though, just watch it online

Actually I do. I would like to watch it on a good size screen, in proper quality, and more importantly legally and without the risk of catching virus as others have been able to. And to do that I will have to wait until March. I'm not asking that others don't discuss the show; I know not to look if I don't want to see. I have managed to avoid the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda for this long. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

49 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I suppose it can just get annoying for some people that Lego can do 'obscure' vehicles, but seem unwilling to give attention to more demanded ships from other eras (ARC-170, Naboo Royal Starship etc) in favour of constant remakes of other ships. It seems to negate the 'they will make what will sell' argument' I suppose.   

This. In a larger wave, with more PT/OT/CW sets, fine. But with such slim pickings, having 2 TROS sets with them both taking up expensive slots, then shafting the much more popular Clone Wars to a few small sets is insane. Those who are arguing that Clone Wars is not as popular as TROS underestimate the show's former fanbase.

Again, glad to get Cardo and Kuruk, but they didn't need a whole separate spot from Ben/Rey/Palps.

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

Regardless of thoughts on the ST, I think the Night Buzzard is a great choice. People complain about getting the same old sets yet now people are complaining about it being too obscure....  

Obscurity isn't the issue, it's priority. The Quadjumper wasn't necessary. The Night Buzzard may look cool, but people are acting like Cardo and Kuruk couldn't come in another set, and save the decent price point of $70 for something from the Clone Wars.

Google the Havoc Marauder and tell me that it doesn't look just as cool.

I think we will some more PT representation soon. The Republic Gunship won the fan poll so hopefully Lego gets the hint that there is interest in PT, especially now since the PT era fans are getting their hands on their own cash. Really can’t expect it immediately though, sets take a while to get into production, but in a year or two I can see some more PT sets getting featured especially in 2022 which will be 20 years of AOTC. I can see them doing what they did in 2012 in 2022 which is have a wide range of sets from the film. TV show sets have never really done well, so that’s why I can see Lego shying away from that. The Havoc Maurader looks like any old  imperial shuttle just with more pointy wings. It’s nothing really standout at least to me. 

Edited by RODDY

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining that the Night Buzzard is "too obscure" when it got way more screen time then Slave I did in ESB yet that ship was pretty memorable for people. This is coming from a Boba Fett superfan by the way. The Night Buzzard had a lot of screen presence to me due to the big red engines and smokey trails it exuded when flying through space. It immediately stuck out to me in an interesting way and I was very hopeful it would eventually be made into a set. You had to be really unobservant to not notice that in the film though. 

Just now, RODDY said:

TV show sets have never really done well, so that’s why I can see Lego shying away from that.

They haven't recently. Back when Clone Wars first came out, the Clone Walker Battle Pack and Gunship were very popular. The Clone Wars got a huge range of sets, which must have done decently at least. Rebels had poor reception, certainly, but it's hard to determine the reason. Resistance, well, it was never meant to be.

To be fair, Lego has abandoned a lot of older Star Wars media recently, including the OT.

Just now, ToaDraco said:

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining that the Night Buzzard is "too obscure" when it got way more screen time then Slave I did in ESB yet that ship was pretty memorable for people. This is coming from a Boba Fett superfan by the way. The Night Buzzard had a lot of screen presence to me due to the big red engines and smokey trails it exuded when flying through space. It immediately stuck out to me in an interesting way and I was very hopeful it would eventually be made into a set. You had to be really unobservant to not notice that in the film though. 

Slave I did have memorable moments though. When you see it follow the Falcon to Bespin, when Frozen Han is loaded onboard.

And going further, there's the scenes in AOTC. Again, my problem isn't the obscurity, but why it and not something more desired. I'm certain many weren't fussed about getting it until they heard the rumors, and now it's a must have. Which, to be clear, is fine, but there will be those disappointed with the choice (like me, obviously).

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

To be fair, Lego has abandoned a lot of older Star Wars media recently, including the OT.

The Tatooine sets from January would like to have a word with you :laugh:

Night Buzzard is a definite skip. Most of this wave (the revealed parts, at least) is in fact, between the too-high prices, the repeats of things I already have and how incredibly pointless and obviously, cynically made purely for collect-them-all type toy marketing the Knights of Ren were in the movie.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The Tatooine sets from January would like to have a word with you :laugh:

I guess "abandoned" is used a bit loosely.:laugh:

Edited by ARC2149Nova