MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Duel on Exogol maybe? Not really asking specifically, more like throwing out a guess

There's not much else left on that wishlist :laugh: I hope you're right, a Duel on Exogol set and the Night Buzzard were the things from TROS I was looking forward to the most this year, and I'd very happy if both end up happening *oh2*

6 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Everything is transpiring according to my design! :laugh:

You have a promising career as a fortune teller ahead of you :wink::thumbup:

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Duel on Exogol maybe? Not really asking specifically, more like throwing out a guess

Nah its not sequel set(unless its april one),Childish Landinos last post indicated that remaining 3 sets are all prequel/clone wars.It has so be mandalorian related imo ,and possibly interceptor or something to counter Grievous ship(which i doubt is Obi wans cause he would be in that set,then in mustafar set then in grievous set).

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You have a promising career as a fortune teller ahead of you :wink::thumbup:

Or a Sith Lord 

Just now, PreVizsla said:

Nah its not sequel set(unless its april one),Childish Landinos last post indicated that remaining 3 sets are all prequel/clone wars.It has so be mandalorian related imo ,and possibly interceptor or something to counter Grievous ship(which i doubt is Obi wans cause he would be in that set,then in mustafar set then in grievous set).

I was referring to the idea that it may be the April set

Just now, PreVizsla said:

This is about the fourth spring wave set though :wink:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This is about the fourth spring wave set though :wink:

yeah,mb i just noticed.

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Or a Sith Lord 

I was referring to the idea that it may be the April set

yeah you are probably right,mb.

I'm VERY happy about the Night Buzzard and a CW AAT is a pleasant surprise(watch it doesn't come with the AAT Driver droids we got last year with the Droid Gunship and AT-AP). I am a little concerned that it seems the Night Buzzard will be cheaper than the Soulless One as I would certainly expect the Night Buzzard to be a much larger ship. If it is cheaper, my wallet certainly won't complain. I too hope that Albrekh is in the set along with Cardo and Kuruk. Man, this is already shaping up to be an expensive year for me but I'm happy there'll be quite a few good sets.

Edited by ToaDraco

Looking forward to the Night Buzzard but will probably skip on the AAT. I feel like the design peaked with the 2009 model and I personally prefer the Trade Federation color selection from TPM over the Separatist version from TCW.

While I’m interested in Night buzzard set I am really surprised that its 70$ when Grievous starfighter is 80$(supposedly). What are they thinking? Buzzard is way bigger in universe then Soulless One, but  is a cheaper and smaller set?! I seriously don’t get why LEGO insists on making small-ish vehicles into bigger sets over the years.

Aat I am really interested though, given that it’s Separatists version.

Edited by benderisgreat

7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

While I’m interested in Night buzzard set time am really surprised that its 70$ when Grievous starfighter has a 80$(supposedly). What are they thinking? Buzzard is way bigger in universe then Soulless One, but  is a cheaper and smaller set?! I seriously don’t get why LEGO insists on making small-ish vehicles into bigger sets over the years.

You are not the first person to question what is going on with the pricing and relative sizing of those two sets.

The figures will have to do some heavy lifting for the AAT if it is that small, but I may get it anyway since it would be cheap.

I have held off getting any sets with the Nights of Ren until it was clear that all would be released, and The Night Buzzard basically confirms this. I will bricklink Trudgen and Vicrul, but was already tempted to get the Command Shuttle, so now two big Villain ships are on my list. The size disparity between the two is going to be fun for display though.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

3 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Jens Kronvold Frederiksen is very clear that there is no truth in this:

"There are no hidden clues to future models in our box art. We place our models in an environment that makes sense. Sometimes it means that there are other space ships in the background, but it is just part of the setting, nothing else!"

Ref: http://rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_UCS_Imperial_Star_Destroyer_75252_In_Review_185828.asp

Yep, I actually saw that when he said it, but funny enough, if it really is an UCS AT-AT, either he is not speaking entirely the truth for whatever reason or then it has been quite a coincidence as such hints have been there in (at least many of) the previous UCS sets! :D
But yep, I intended this more as a joke than any serious speculation.

- Samppu

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Maybe another Tantive IV ;)

5 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Imagine the 2015 AAT in the 2009 AAT colors and you have yourself a small CW set for this summer. 

Also the General Grievous is an updated CW (tan) version instead of the white most recent one. 

Yes! that's IMO the best AAT color scheme, and the small size will make my wallet happy. Also now I feel less stupid for bricklinking the white grievous.

I'm also trying to begin a clone wars/separtist crisis era collection, so a few small, artiliary type sets is good for me.

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Everything is transpiring according to my design! :laugh:

Could another eta-2 be next? That was one of yours, right? 

(also please ask for a UCS gonk droid in the wishlist thread so we can get that.)

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Could another eta-2 be next? That was one of yours, right? 

(also please ask for a UCS gonk droid in the wishlist thread so we can get that.)

Maybe. After all @jdubbs did say at least one more correct guess in my list(s), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either means figure wise, or actual set wise. Then again, he could've just meant the Duel on Exegol set I speculated.

So, if the Duel on Exegol is semi-confirmed to be the last April set, AT-AT, AAT, Soulless One, and Night Buzzard make up 4/6s of the Summer Wave, then we're only missing two more sets. And then we wait on figure confirmations.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Maybe. After all @jdubbs did say at least one more correct guess in my list(s), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either means figure wise, or actual set wise. Then again, he could've just meant the Duel on Exegol set I speculated.

So, if the Duel on Exegol is semi-confirmed to be the last April set, AT-AT, AAT, Soulless One, and Night Buzzard make up 4/6s of the Summer Wave, then we're only missing two more sets. And then we wait on figure confirmations.

Could you paste your speculation list here? (Prequels only if its massive) I cant seem to find your list.

Also is someone atleast able to double confirm this rumoured list before everyone jumps into accepting it as fact

4 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

The figures will have to do some heavy lifting for the AAT if it is that small, but I may get it anyway since it would be cheap.

I have held off getting any sets with the Nights of Ren until it was clear that all would be released, and The Night Buzzard basically confirms this. I will bricklink Trudgen and Vicrul, but was already tempted to get the Command Shuttle, so now two big Villain ships are on my list. The size disparity between the two is going to be fun for display though.

You should be prepared to spend a crap ton of money if you're bricklinking Trudgen and Vicrul

I’m presuming the AAT will be $29.99 considering it’s like the 2015 version? 

For me this is too small. If it’s $39.99 I think there’s hope...

IF the AAT turns out to be true I hope its in between the size of the 2009 and 2015 models. Both those models are okay, but one is to big and the other way to small. Lets hope they fixed that. :thumbup:

Just now, Cyberfounder said:

IF the AAT turns out to be true I hope its in between the size of the 2009 and 2015 models. Both those models are okay, but one is to big and the other way to small. Lets hope they fixed that. :thumbup:

This in all honesty. 2015 just needed a bigger base and longer turrets on the side. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You should be prepared to spend a crap ton of money if you're bricklinking Trudgen and Vicrul

They are ridiculously overpriced at the moment but its only a matter of time before they drop down to roughly what Ap'lek and Ushar are selling for. Better to be patient and wait.

So again, right now we’re looking at:

- Night Buzzard

- AT-AT

- Clone Wars Era AAT

AND

- Soulless One

all as confirmed leaks and the Soulless One is the only image that has leaked so far, right?

Edited by Skyhammer

16 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

So again, right now we’re looking at:

- Night Buzzard

- AT-AT

- Clone Wars Era AAT

AND

- Soulless One

all as confirmed leaks and the Soulless One is the only image that has leaked so far, right?

Yes. Two more from the wave to be announced along with an April set aswell. 

No word on exclusives for the summer wave either.

12 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Also the General Grievous is an updated CW (tan) version instead of the white most recent one. 

Is the Obi-Wan a Utapau version though in tan robes or a white robed clone wars version? As in, have Lego just decided tan is more Grievous' colour and this set is Revenge Of The Sith based as the box art suggests? Thanks for all the info.

5 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Could you paste your speculation list here? (Prequels only if its massive) I cant seem to find your list.

Also is someone atleast able to double confirm this rumoured list before everyone jumps into accepting it as fact

In short, I predicted between a  Mandalore Speeder, Red & Black Mandalore Starfighter, AAT (confirmed now), Anakin's Interceptor, and/or a Tri-Fighter. I also assumed the April set to be a Duel on Exegol, (which has been hinted at being true), but nothing has been said outright.

I also hope the AAT is at the $39.99 price point, as that not only means a decent size, but a better chance of decent figures. Fingers crossed for Jet Troopers.

Hearing that Grievous is tan is great, as he should be the same color as Battle Droids, but also kind of worrying, since Lego has messed up the Hoth color palate. Hopefully any Rebels in the AT-AT will be white and not tan.

There are also not one, but at least 3 skipped set numbers, which is something they've never done before. We have 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, and 88. Which means that 82, 85, and 87 are just randomly missing for no apparent reason. Maybe retail exclusives?

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The sets are not expensive, so they go down eventuellt, but yes, Im also waiting for a 50 % cut in the BL process. 

Conserning that, is it only me or does it feel like the BL figure prices for latest waves are much higher then before?