MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

55 minutes ago, Renown said:

75284 will be the Night Buzzard. 

I really hope we get Albrekh in it! He was the space chimp who repaired Kylo Ren’s helmet.

So, where are the TCW sets again? We've got a ROTS set (Soulless One), ESB (AT-AT), and now the Night Buzzard from TROS. I'm glad about the next two Knights of Ren, but couldn't we have gotten a full duel set instead? That strikes the top 3 sets from the summer. Now there's only the low-to-mid-range sets. Assuming the last 3 are completely Clone Wars, there's almost no chance for any of the important ships. *deep breath* Still waiting and holding out hope for a stellar wave.

Didnt someone say that majority of the 6 sets from summer wave are prequel/clone wars? Now ot and sequels already have 2 out of 3 sets if leaks are true.With both of them being in top 3 most expensive sets....

Though it's probably not gonna happen I really hope they put Trudgen in the Night Buzzard as well. He's the only KoR that comes in a set I really don't care about and his figure alone is pretty expensive

18 hours ago, blujay563 said:

My main hope is to finally get Bo-Katan (since the mando helmets are in heavy use again) and also some of the 501st troopers with the orange helmets. If we get those figures atleast I'll be happy but even better if we get Ahsoka and Maul like you said.

My reasoning for ahsoka and maul is that they're the main hero and vilian of the season. Bo-katan and 332nd are more unlikely, hence while I would like them, my main hope is that we at least get the main protagonist and antagonist.

1 hour ago, Renown said:

75284 will be the Night Buzzard. 

YES!!!! I love the ship design.

42 minutes ago, Ninjaman285 said:

I really hope we get Albrekh in it! He was the space chimp who repaired Kylo Ren’s helmet.

I liked Albrekh in TROS, he was just there, a space chimp repairing kylo's helmet, with absolutely no explanation. I too think he deserves a figure, but I don't think it'll happen this soon.

33 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So, where are the TCW sets again? We've got a ROTS set (Soulless One), ESB (AT-AT), and now the Night Buzzard from TROS. I'm glad about the next two Knights of Ren, but couldn't we have gotten a full duel set instead? That strikes the top 3 sets from the summer. Now there's only the low-to-mid-range sets. Assuming the last 3 are completely Clone Wars, there's almost no chance for any of the important ships. *deep breath* Still waiting and holding out hope for a stellar wave.

I might be wrong, but could one of these (probably not the at-at) be the last april set? Otherwise I agree, no AT-TE, LAAT- or ARC-170. They did say there were some prequel/TCW bright spots, so maybe there's some nice small sets. An artillary unit with some nice figures, for instance, or something like the 2013 BARC set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Advanced issue found

On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 AM, Samppu said:

In relation to this, we have had the cute theory that the next UCS vehicle would be hinted in the box of the previous one. In the UCS Star Destroyer there is an AT-AT (the civilian model used for construction duty) at the background.

Jens Kronvold Frederiksen is very clear that there is no truth in this:

"There are no hidden clues to future models in our box art. We place our models in an environment that makes sense. Sometimes it means that there are other space ships in the background, but it is just part of the setting, nothing else!"

Ref: http://rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_UCS_Imperial_Star_Destroyer_75252_In_Review_185828.asp

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

My reasoning for ahsoka and maul is that they're the main hero and vilian of the season. Bo-katan and 332nd are more unlikely, hence while I would like them, my main hope is that we at least get the main protagonist and antagonist.

I liked Albrekh in TROS, he was just there, a space chimp repairing kylo's helmet, with absolutely no explanation. I too think he deserves a figure, but I don't think it'll happen this soon.

I might be wrong, but could one of these (probably not the at-at) be the last april set? Otherwise I agree, no AT-TE, LAAT- or ARC-170. They did say there were some prequel/TCW bright spots, so maybe there's some nice small sets. An artillary unit with some nice figures, for instance, or something like the 2013 BARC set.

They're all summer sets. 75284 is the Night Buzzard, 75286 is Soulless One, 75288 is the AT-AT. 

38 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Do you recall the 300 times I said to lower expectations?

38 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Didnt someone say that majority of the 6 sets from summer wave are prequel/clone wars? Now ot and sequels already have 2 out of 3 sets if leaks are true.With both of them being in top 3 most expensive sets....

There are 6 sets in the wave. 4 out of 6 is still a majority.  

Just now, Renown said:

They're all summer sets. 75284 is the Night Buzzard, 75286 is Soulless One, 75288 is the AT-AT. 

Unfortunate. It's weird that we know a few of the summer sets now, but not the last April one.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We know about most of the summer sets now but the last April wave set is still unknown so... :shrug_confused:

Imagine the 2015 AAT in the 2009 AAT colors and you have yourself a small CW set for this summer. 

Also the General Grievous is an updated CW (tan) version instead of the white most recent one. 

12 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Imagine the 2015 AAT in the 2009 AAT colors and you have yourself a small CW set for this summer. 

Also the General Grievous is an updated CW (tan) version instead of the white most recent one. 

If this is true for the AAT, then i will be very disapointed.
I do not know Lego anymore, prices are differents, sets are smaller.

1 minute ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Omg i am so happy if this is true,wanted to @ you about aat earlier,searched for older ones on bricklink today and almost bought one.I am content for 2020 then,i will just buy bunch of those.

10 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Doesn't sound bad actually :thumbup: The only annoying thing will be the minifig selection since Battle Droids are inevitable :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

So basically the 2010/2012 colour scheme with the 2014/2018 level of printed detail? Not a bad choice actually, the white always seemed a tad too bright, so going back to tan is a good move I think :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

New blue AAT sounds nice, I preferred the size of the older ones but not a big deal, the 2015 one still looks nice. Hopefully we’ll get some decent figs with it and not just Battle Droids. I’m actually looking forward to this set

21 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

This is good and bad news. Will this be one of the $29.99 sets or the $39.99 set? If it’s the latter that would be amazing. 

Thank you for the info aswell. It’s much appreciated by all the forum.

18 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Yes! Friggin' called it (in the Wishlist thread). :sweet: Come on Jet Troopers!

35 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Do you recall the 300 times I said to lower expectations?

There are 6 sets in the wave. 4 out of 6 is still a majority.  

That sounds like a cop-out for Lego. 4/6 yes, but when only one is over $60, then we have a problem. Besides, nothing wrong with trying to stay positive.

AAT minifigures dont have to be boring.They can put AAT battle droid drivers in AAT (ones they call kashyyyk droids),and put two of the 501st clones with jetpacks in or 2 of the bad batch clones(put 2 in each set like with knights of ren) or even Rex/Cody phase 2 (assuming all this from the season 7 trailer where they are fighting AAT) another posibility is tactical droid  or super tactical droid.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Yes! Friggin' called it (in the Wishlist thread). :sweet: Come on Jet Troopers!

That sounds like a cop-out for Lego. 4/6 yes, but when only one is over $60, then we have a problem. Besides, nothing wrong with trying to stay positive.

There is at least one other guess you got right in your wishlist. How’s that for positivity?

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

There is at least one other guess you got right in your wishlist. How’s that for positivity?

Is it battle of mandalore or red mauls mandalorian starfighter? anakins interceptor is also possible,its kinda illogical to make 3 separatist vehicles so i will count out tri-fighter,its not exegol cause its cw/prequels,and i dont think they can make arc-170 for those price points.( only saw his last 2 wishlists)

18 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Everything is transpiring according to my design! :laugh:

Just now, PreVizsla said:

Is it battle of mandalore or red mauls mandalorian starfighter? anakins interceptor is also possible,its kinda illogical to make 3 separatist vehicles so i will count out tri-fighter,its not exegol cause its cw/prequels,and i dont think they can make arc-170 for those price points.( only saw his last 2 wishlists)

ARC-170 would be a $90-110 set today. Sorry to say, it was never a realistic guess for this wave. 

And, I wasn’t necessarily referring to the summer wave. The wishlist I referenced covered the april wave too. 

2 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

ARC-170 would be a $90-110 set today. Sorry to say, it was never a realistic guess for this wave. 

And, I wasn’t necessarily referring to the summer wave. The wishlist I referenced covered the april wave too. 

Duel on Exogol maybe? Not really asking specifically, more like throwing out a guess. Obviously I would much rather it be the Mandalorian Fighter but Exogol is far more likely I think

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth