MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We got five big sets in 2014 - 75053 The Ghost ($90), 75058 MTT ($90), 75054 AT-AT ($110), 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer ($130) and 75059 Sandcrawler ($300 UCS set).

We got a Sandcrawler like 2 years ago, so that's not it. I don't think they would make a Ghost set, and I don't think that MTT would make a lot of people happy (also it wouldn't work as a $140 set). If they made a Star Destroyer, it would be TROS based. So yeah, that leaves us with an AT-AT. I'm not sure if the "cooler" part was a hint at cold or ice, but we're still left with that one set.

Mtt is out cause he said its not prequel set.I dont think star destroyer would make a lot of people happy,and fans of that ship already got ucs version few months back,unless its TROS set,but again dont think it would make most people happy.In my understanding it is AT-AT,its "cool" it would make a lot of people happy,its remake from 2014,and its a safe choice like Childish Landino said it would be.Ghost is good choice but definitely not a safe choice that lego needs cause of their sales in 2019.

The likelihood of LEGO doing any Rebels-based set again — let alone a big-ticket set like the Ghost — is slim to none. The sets released during the show's run did not sell well by any account, and without current media supporting additional sets, I just don't see them taking such a large chance where they had previously failed. Your best hope is that the ship shows up in the upcoming followup series... but even that's a stretch given LEGO has not shown a ton of faith in the Star Wars tv-based media over the last few years.

26 minutes ago, Renown said:

Consider the AT-AT confirmed. 

Disappointed. Can’t see how they’ll improve the last one both build and minifigure wise.

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Is it The Raddus from Last Jedi?

Space is 2.73 kelvin, so yeah pretty cool.

6 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

Nah man the generator has gotta have 4 spring loaded missiles and a six stud shooter to destroy the oncoming AT-ATs.

You're thinking too small. The surface must be completely covered in sping,stud, and six-stud shooters.

32 minutes ago, Renown said:

YES! I didn't get the 2014 one and have been waiting forever for a new one.

29 minutes ago, Renown said:

Is it though? It kinda seemed like a joke towards the comment of "not wanting EB to become the source to an instagram troll post". Especially since the Instagram story clearly gives credit to "Hoth Rebel on EuroBricks", who as far as we know only gave hints. I know this Instagram leaker is reliable, but I'm not sure if this was a real confirmation. Although I might be looking too much into this.

17 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Is it though? It kinda seemed like a joke towards the comment of "not wanting EB to become the source to an instagram troll post". Especially since the Instagram story clearly gives credit to "Hoth Rebel on EuroBricks", who as far as we know only gave hints. I know this Instagram leaker is reliable, but I'm not sure if this was a real confirmation. Although I might be looking too much into this.

Don't believe me if you don't want to. 

3 minutes ago, Renown said:

Don't believe me if you don't want to. 

Oh but I really want to. The AT-AT is the last thing missing from my Hoth display. I'm just really cautious with leaks so I won't set myself up for disappointment. But I guess the AT-AT was really the only logical set going of the hints.

I have the previous AT-AT but I have no issue with this news, I’ll gladly get another one, there are always ways to improve sets. Seems a little expensive but I’ll bite the bullet for one of the most iconic vehicles in movie history

50 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Disappointed. Can’t see how they’ll improve the last one both build and minifigure wise.

The proportions can definitely be improved upon. One thing that put me off on the 2014 model was how slim the body was at the front near the neck joint. It made the head look oversized and lost the vehicle's hulking menacing structure. Looking back the 2003 set was really the only one that captured the AT-AT's bulkiness.

a remake of an AT-AT makes more sense the most remakes lego have done lately, it's 40th anniversary, its on the side of the star destroyer the most iconic vehicle in the movie and it sells pretty expensive second hand. But as a minifigure collector too, it's not that exciting, very hard to include something interesting. Only if they would throw in some characters that are totally unrelated to the scene. 

Yeah an AT-AT is well within the realm of possibility, but I will reserve judgement until hard evidence comes out.

25 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

if they would throw in some characters that are totally unrelated to the scene. 

Well, C-3PO showed up in an AT-AT once for some reason, so who knows?

40 minutes ago, wesker said:

The proportions can definitely be improved upon. One thing that put me off on the 2014 model was how slim the body was at the front near the neck joint. It made the head look oversized and lost the vehicle's hulking menacing structure. Looking back the 2003 set was really the only one that captured the AT-AT's bulkiness.

Motorised walker was a decent set as well

So we know that this wave is going to have prequel era sets. We also now know that there is an AT-AT coming out from the original trilogy. Is there going to be anything sequel trilogy related or not? Just curious

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Space is 2.73 kelvin, so yeah pretty cool.

You're thinking too small. The surface must be completely covered in sping,stud, and six-stud shooters.

YES! I didn't get the 2014 one and have been waiting forever for a new one.

Same! I have a whole hoth diorama set up with the ucs assault on hoth and a few other sets but i was never able to track down an at-at for a decent price so my imperials finally have a chance against the rebels?

34 minutes ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

If there's a system scale AT-AT coming in April, that seems to make a UCS version pretty unlikely for this spring :(

Summer release mate 

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

a remake of an AT-AT makes more sense the most remakes lego have done lately, it's 40th anniversary, its on the side of the star destroyer the most iconic vehicle in the movie and it sells pretty expensive second hand. But as a minifigure collector too, it's not that exciting, very hard to include something interesting. Only if they would throw in some characters that are totally unrelated to the scene. 

Its a perfect opportunity for a Holographic Darth Vader microfigure like the Princess Leia one that just came out in Obi-Wan's Hut. But ESB is a difficult movie to come up with new exciting figures for as almost everything has just about been covered. On the Hoth front the only other notable options left are R5-M2 and Force Ghost Obi-Wan.

57 minutes ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

If there's a system scale AT-AT coming in April, that seems to make a UCS version pretty unlikely for this spring :(

There is almost no way we're getting a UCS AT-AT anytime soon. With the May UCS being $200 (correct?), it would be too small for an AT-AT. And, not to sound wishlist-y, but I'm guessing they'll try to release another Master Builder Series, since Betrayal on Bespin just retired. Even so, after May, the next UCS will probably be the Gunship.

Speaking of. will Lego release a MBS this Fall, or is it too early to tell?

I’m extremely excited for an AT-AT. Bought Assault on Hoth (blasphemous I know) since I was just coming out of my dark and it was the easiest way to amass the Hoth sets. AT - AT would nicely complement that set. 

43 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Too early to tell for certain but I hope they keep the MBS going. As a sucker for location based sets with a lot of exclusive minifigs, I enjoyed Betrayal at Cloud City a lot and would totally pick up the next installment 

Edited by RODDY

...Can someone explain to me why there’s this much secrecy surrounding this particular wave of sets? Not even the initial TROS set list was shrouded in this much mystery and this year’s winter wave set list popped up the earliest it ever has :laugh:

I mean, they’re basically all remakes, so the common explanation of TLG not wanting their illegitimate competition to copy them doesn’t really make much sense in this case.

4 hours ago, RODDY said:

Too early to tell for certain but I hope they keep the MBS going. As a sucker for location based sets with a lot of exclusive minifigs, I enjoyed Betrayal at Cloud City a lot and would totally pick up the next installment 

Pretty sure MBS has finished as a brand name (or whatever you want to call it). Absolutely not saying that's the end of the playset style sets but they wont be released as MBS anymore.

I'm still very happy with my 2014 AT-AT, so unless the build is brilliant, I can't see myself buying this one. Hoth minifigs have mostly been done, and previous AT-ATs have pretty much kept to the Luke, Veers, Driver and Snow trooper figure line ups, apart from the one that had Han, 3PO and a rebel trooper. 

The only exception to the above is if this new set is based on Veers' personal AT-AT (Blizzard 1 I think?) that has the dark grey armour. A better side build than a white speeder bike would be welcome too! 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

...Can someone explain to me why there’s this much secrecy surrounding this particular wave of sets? Not even the initial TROS set list was shrouded in this much mystery and this year’s winter wave set list popped up the earliest it ever has :laugh:

Probably NDAs and people not willing to share after how poorly past leakers have been treated by the forum. By the way some people are talking the info is definitely out there, it just hasn’t made its way to the surface yet. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I mean, they’re basically all remakes, so the common explanation of TLG not wanting their illegitimate competition to copy them doesn’t really make much sense in this case.

There is no more secrecy than any other wave. People are just talking about it earlier than usual, because there isn’t much in the April wave to discuss. The summer stuff hasn’t been shown to US retailers yet so fewer people know what’s coming, and those that do aren’t willing or able to reveal things so early.

3 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

Pretty sure MBS has finished as a brand name (or whatever you want to call it). Absolutely not saying that's the end of the playset style sets but they wont be released as MBS anymore.

That seems like a pretty wild assumption. Not sure there is much to support it, other than the label not appearing on the Tantive. 

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

There is almost no way we're getting a UCS AT-AT anytime soon. With the May UCS being $200 (correct?), it would be too small for an AT-AT. And, not to sound wishlist-y, but I'm guessing they'll try to release another Master Builder Series, since Betrayal on Bespin just retired. Even so, after May, the next UCS will probably be the Gunship.

I would be surprised if the gunship appeared before fall 2021. Even if LEGO had a prototype of the set in development when they ran the poll, it would be a year or more before it would be ready to hit shelves.(Some UCS sets take several years to develop.)

The Cloud City D2C set retired earlier than most people would have expected, probably due to poor sales, so it’s doubtful LEGO would have had another playset ready to take its place as early as this May. But if LEGO isn’t completely put off by the reception it and Assault on Hoth received, I would think we get another one before the gunship

Very few people outside of LEGO know in advance what the upcoming D2C sets will be because they aren’t (initially) sold at retail stores, featured in retail catalogs or shown at toy fairs, which is where most of the leaks originate.