MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s an AT-AT, isn’t it? The last proper one was released 6 years ago, so a remake is overdue from TLG’s perspective :shrug_oh_well:

That's what I got from the hint as well. Plus, it would fit with the high price, as the last one was what, $110? So, $30 in a price jump isn't too difficult to imagine. Wasn't the AT-M6 $150?

Well, even though we now know it isn't a Gunship/Venator/etc., I'm still tentatively excited.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s why I said “proper” :laugh:

I thought you'd say that. The poor little AT-AT is now cowering in the corner. :iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not that I’d mind that, but how do you come to that conclusion based on that hint? :grin:

Well Raddus is from Mon Cala and is of northern subspecies of Mon calamari. Northern- cold- Raddus- Spaceships are cool!

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well Raddus is from Mon Cala and is of northern subspecies of Mon calamari. Northern- cold- Raddus- Spaceships are cool!

Fair enough :classic: I wish that were the case, but I think those in the know would have had a higher opinion of the wave if the 140$ set wasn’t a remake :shrug_oh_well: 

As it stands, I fully expect this wave to consist of 5 remakes plus a TROS set (fingers still crossed for Palpy’s Throne)

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

Is the Raddus something that would make a lot of people happy? I know something from 2014 would. 

AT-AT confirmed.

Or... Imperial Star Destroyer? :oh:

36 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

AT-AT confirmed.

Or... Imperial Star Destroyer? :oh:

There’s nothing “cool” (in the literal sense) about it, so an AT-AT it is :tongue: 

I don’t mind a new version, but the minifig selection is going to be extremely boring, just like with the Grievous’ Starfighter set :hmpf_bad: I can’t shake the feeling that the spring and summer waves got a budget cut, since so far there’s nothing in either wave that would require a new mould. Maybe they had already spent all of it on the winter wave :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Another AT AT would be disapointing when we only had one Venator and many OT sets.
But Empire strikes back is 40 years old this year so it is possible.
If it is, i hope it will be at least as good as the first one.

Edited by w219

i am mostly prequel/clone wars/mandalorian fan but i wouldnt mind AT-AT at all,would love it actually

Just now, w219 said:

Another AT AT would be disapointing when we only had one Venator and many OT sets.
But Empire strikes back is 20 years old this year so it is possible.
If it is, i hope it will be at least as good as the first one.

its 40th anniversary not 20th

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There’s nothing “cool” (in the literal sense) about it, so an AT-AT it is :tongue: 

But.. but... space is cold, so it could be a Star Destroyer! And... Leia got all frosty when the Raddus blew up, so it could be the Raddus! And...... :)

Most of the time, the simplest answer is the correct answer.

(I should have said it was a Hoth Generator with seven dead (correction: sleeping, in LEGOspeak) rebel figs. Then you might have believed me.)

Well, if it is indeed an AT-AT, then I wouldn't mind, as long as it came with a decent selection of figs. The last one came with a driver, Veers, a Snowtrooper Commander, and two Snowtroopers. So Luke and a couple of rebels would be a nice inclusion.

I mean, it's from 2014, it's "cool", and a dude named "Hoth Rebel" leaked it.

It's gotta be an AT-AT! :laugh:

Edited by ARC2149Nova

If it is an at at hopefully it will be a noticeable upgrade. 

I passed on the 2014 at at because it wasn't better than the 2010 version.

If it's clearly better I will definitely pick it up...but I'm not holding my breath.  If I had to guess it will just be another side-grade instead of an upgrade like Lego seems to do.

What bothers me the most about the AT-AT is the setting. Why does it always have to based on TESB? AT-ATs also appear in ROTJ, Rebels, and TLJ, but nope, gotta be TESB. I don't mind them playing it save for now, but why do they have to go for the safest option within these save options? :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

What bothers me the most about the AT-AT is the setting. Why does it always have to based on TESB? AT-ATs also appear in ROTJ, Rebels, and TLJ, but nope, gotta be TESB. I don't mind them playing it save for now, but why do they have to go for the safest option within these save options? :tongue:

Don't forget Rogue one AT-ACT!

Or if in doubt, just build Raskonikov's Plus size AT-AT, a little bigger than the standard lego AT-AT, better detail, and if another one does come, should be real easy to add a few more parts. :classic:

26 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

If it is an at at hopefully it will be a noticeable upgrade. 

I passed on the 2014 at at because it wasn't better than the 2010 version.

If it's clearly better I will definitely pick it up...but I'm not holding my breath.  If I had to guess it will just be another side-grade instead of an upgrade like Lego seems to do.

Seeing as how it’s priced at $140, I’d hope it’s a noticeable upgrade bc of the price hike

14 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Don't forget Rogue one AT-ACT!

Good point :sweet: That would've been awesome, but no, back to the same old, same old. The 2014 one had at least a good minifig selection with a new AT-AT driver, the new Snowtrooper helmet mould and the exclusive Veers, but this version probably won't be able to bring anything new to the table.

I might have missed, so before I remind everyone again to stay on target can someone show me the proof that we are getting an AT-AT? I don't want EB to become the source for the next Instagram troll to post a "leak" that's just a wish.

2 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I might have missed, so before I remind everyone again to stay on target can someone show me the proof that we are getting an AT-AT? I don't want EB to become the source for the next Instagram troll to post a "leak" that's just a wish.

@Hoth Rebel has basically narrowed it down with hints and is a trusted source as far as I'm aware.

11 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Like @BacktoBricks mentioned, Hoth Rebel has hinted at a "cool" remake from 2014 in the highest pricepoint. It is assumed (but not exactly confirmed) that this points to an AT-AT.

We got five big sets in 2014 - 75053 The Ghost ($90), 75058 MTT ($90), 75054 AT-AT ($110), 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer ($130) and 75059 Sandcrawler ($300 UCS set).

We got a Sandcrawler like 2 years ago, so that's not it. I don't think they would make a Ghost set, and I don't think that MTT would make a lot of people happy (also it wouldn't work as a $140 set). If they made a Star Destroyer, it would be TROS based. So yeah, that leaves us with an AT-AT. I'm not sure if the "cooler" part was a hint at cold or ice, but we're still left with that one set.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We got five big sets in 2014 - 75053 The Ghost ($90), 75058 MTT ($90), 75054 AT-AT ($110), 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer ($130) and 75059 Sandcrawler ($300 UCS set).

If any of those deserve a remake, it's the Ghost. It's the price point that keeps me guessing .. Star Destroyer almost seems more likely.

21 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

If any of those deserve a remake, it's the Ghost. It's the price point that keeps me guessing .. Star Destroyer almost seems more likely.

I second that. Ghost is long overdue a remake especially with rumors that Rebels sequel show is launching this fall, it would definitely be important part of that show.