MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

54 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Do you guys think that we will have any more Star Wars related leaks before New York Toy Fair comes around? It just seems like it’s been kind of dry the past few days for any news with the exception of the poll results from the UCS vote.:shrug_confused:

I suspect we may get an official reveal of the General Grievous Starfighter, since someone mentioned that it was not accidental that it is the only set that has leaked so far.  What's special about it, I have no idea.  Perhaps it's a retailer exclusive?

9 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I suspect we may get an official reveal of the General Grievous Starfighter, since someone mentioned that it was not accidental that it is the only set that has leaked so far.  What's special about it, I have no idea.  Perhaps it's a retailer exclusive?

Well I have asked around about General grievous’s starfighter and when it will be releasing and apparently it’s supposed to be part of the six summer wave sets. It’s the second biggest one of that wave. I do think it’s possible we get a reveal of it and maybe it’ll be at the toy fair. I think it’s also highly likely that we see summer wave sets as well as the April wave sets because there won’t really be much on display with just the four April sets. They need something to spice it up a bit but this is just pure speculation.

27 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

It was said to have been the only one to leak, because it was the only set in the retailer catalogue that actually had a picture.

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It was said to have been the only one to leak, because it was the only set in the retailer catalogue that actually had a picture.

Correct. That's all I was hinting at when I said there was a reason this one leaked first.

I would not expect any of the summer sets, even Grievous' Starfighter, to be on public display at NY Toy Fair. The April/May wave hasn't even been shown publicly, and that might even be a stretch to appear at NYTF. But, anything's possible.

4 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Correct. That's all I was hinting at when I said there was a reason this one leaked first.

I would not expect any of the summer sets, even Grievous' Starfighter, to be on public display at NY Toy Fair. The April/May wave hasn't even been shown publicly, and that might even be a stretch to appear at NYTF. But, anything's possible.

You’re probably right about the summer wave but what about the April wave? In years past we usually get some reveals for Star Wars at NYTF so I don’t know why we wouldn’t get any this year. If they weren’t going to reveal the April wave at the toy fair then it’d be pretty disappointing but we’ll just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

You’re probably right about the summer wave but what about the April wave? In years past we usually get some reveals for Star Wars at NYTF so I don’t know why we wouldn’t get any this year. If they weren’t going to reveal the April wave at the toy fair then it’d be pretty disappointing but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I think it boils down to when the next wave is released in stores. If it's April as it has been in the last few years (and as a few have suggested on Instagram), then a NYTF reveal seems more likely. If it's actually May, LEGO may want to hold the official reveal until closer to launch. Bear in mind Toy Fair is primarily for toy retailers, and the major ones at least saw all the April/May sets ages ago, behind closed doors.

I would guess the "summer" wave set list appears online fairly soon... by NYTF if not before. Pretty much everything else has leaked at this point. Honestly surprised there haven't been more fake lists circulating about...

Childish Landino on Instagram just said that all summer sets are what we all wanted for some time, but also all are safe choices. I wonder what does he considers by sets we wanted. All prequel stuff? CW? A lot of unknown here.

Star wars fans are super divided and most wanted things from 1 fan are complete travesty for another also galaxy is huge so even if you agree with era you can disagree with factions inside,safest in my opinion would be clone vehicles from prequels/clone wars and some interesting separatist vehicle to oppose them with updated battle droids and mandalorian set which would include bo katan and mandalorians,so on top of my mind venator,mauls mandalorian starfighter(really important ship for new clone wars season) ,maul vs ahsoka,clone turbo tank,at-te,mtt or aat,palpatine sequel throne set with last 2 knights of ren,wookie revenge of the sith set and my wants that are not safe landing craft or lucrehulk which would include nute gunray,RUNE HAAKO,droideka and neimodian pilot,and printed circle piece of amidala and small ghost sidious and a written apology from lego cause they didnt celebrate anniversary of episode 1 last year maybe even apology video on dvd in each set lasting as long as the movie or just resignation of whoever was in charge and they can put it in first few pages in set manual(which will not be folded).

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Childish Landino on Instagram just said that all summer sets are what we all wanted for some time, but also all are safe choices. I wonder what does he considers by sets we wanted. All prequel stuff? CW? A lot of unknown here.

I would imagine he just means the prequels are finally getting some more love but that the choices are all pretty standard prequel era stuff. As long as we don’t get a Droid Gunship, AT-AP, or Spider Walker I’ll be happy with the wave I’m sure

I would honestly love Obi-Wan’s blue Jedi Interceptor to go with Grievous’ fighter. Jedi Interceptors are pretty safe. Honestly, if people like MandR want to have a whining movement about something, make a #wewantboga

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Star wars fans are super divided and most wanted things from 1 fan are complete travesty for another also galaxy is huge so even if you agree with era you can disagree with factions inside,safest in my opinion would be clone vehicles from prequels/clone wars and some interesting separatist vehicle to oppose them with updated battle droids and mandalorian set which would include bo katan and mandalorians,so on top of my mind venator,mauls mandalorian starfighter(really important ship for new clone wars season) ,maul vs ahsoka,clone turbo tank,at-te,mtt or aat,palpatine sequel throne set with last 2 knights of ren,wookie revenge of the sith set and my wants that are not safe landing craft or lucrehulk which would include nute gunray,RUNE HAAKO,droideka and neimodian pilot,and printed circle piece of amidala and small ghost sidious and a written apology from lego cause they didnt celebrate anniversary of episode 1 last year maybe even apology video on dvd in each set lasting as long as the movie or just resignation of whoever was in charge and they can put it in first few pages in set manual(which will not be folded).

I mean, it would’ve been cool to see some more Episode 1 stuff, but they already were probably occupied working on the 20th anniversary stuff

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would imagine he just means the prequels are finally getting some more love but that the choices are all pretty standard prequel era stuff. As long as we don’t get a Droid Gunship, AT-AP, or Spider Walker I’ll be happy with the wave I’m sure

I would honestly love Obi-Wan’s blue Jedi Interceptor to go with Grievous’ fighter. Jedi Interceptors are pretty safe. Honestly, if people like MandR want to have a whining movement about something, make a #wewantboga

I would much rather get an Ahsoka Jedi interceptor but another blue one could be pretty cool I guess...

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think your best bet for ever getting a Boga is to find a brick-built MOC. For LEGO to do the new mold(s) required for that creature, this far out from the movie, would take a minor miracle. 

As for the summer wave, I think it's inevitable that pretty much everyone here will find something they like and simultaneously find something to gripe about. Fans of one era/trilogy will be happy that they got as many sets as they did, but disappointed that the sets aren't what they were hoping for. Fans of other eras will be disappointed they didn't get more sets, but I think pleased by what they do get. And even if you love every set that makes up the wave, there is always the tired tried and true "these prices are absurd!" gripe to fall back on.

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but after the dewback and the bantha I think the most likely form for a boga lizard is as a microfighter.

11 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I think chances for the ARC-170 skyrocket with this news. It is a prequel set that was last released a decade ago, just like the Soulless One, and it fits as a another big, overpriced starfighter. It seems the perfect combination of safe and wanted.

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

I think your best bet for ever getting a Boga is to find a brick-built MOC. For LEGO to do the new mold(s) required for that creature, this far out from the movie, would take a minor miracle. 

As for the summer wave, I think it's inevitable that pretty much everyone here will find something they like and simultaneously find something to gripe about. Fans of one era/trilogy will be happy that they got as many sets as they did, but disappointed that the sets aren't what they were hoping for. Fans of other eras will be disappointed they didn't get more sets, but I think pleased by what they do get. And even if you love every set that makes up the wave, there is always the tired tried and true "these prices are absurd!" gripe to fall back on.

I love how diplomatically you've tried to sum this up. :thumbup:

Just now, icm said:

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but after the dewback and the bantha I think the most likely form for a boga lizard is as a microfighter.

Definitely. The Bantha looks really good I think. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

They already have the face mold, which makes it even weirder that they haven't reissued the creature since when was it, 2005?

That said there is a big difference from a mold being used once and it still existing now.

I will say that I would still buy a Wheel Bike vs. Boga Microfighter in a heartbeat, but I just have soft spot for the creature microfighters.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

9 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

That said there is a big difference from a mold being used once and it still existing now.

I will say that I would still buy a Wheel Bike vs. Boga Microfighter in a heartbeat, but I just have soft spot for the creature microfighters.

I’m also not sure that mold would cut it by today’s standards. I could maybe see them reusing one of the head pieces used in the Fantastic Beasts sets last year? I forget how close a match it was though. 

Yeah the closest mold would be the dark azure and purple dragon from Fantastic beasts, but even then the frills are too short and it has horns boga lacks. Plus, using a unique mold from one licensed theme in another licensed theme sounds like a legal disaster.

5 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I think chances for the ARC-170 skyrocket with this news. It is a prequel set that was last released a decade ago, just like the Soulless One, and it fits as a another big, overpriced starfighter. It seems the perfect combination of safe and wanted.

You mean the 14߀ pricepoint?

8 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

You mean the 14߀ pricepoint?

I was personally thinking the 70 slot.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

1 minute ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I was personally thinking the 70 slot.

That wouldn't be overprized for a ARC 170, that thing is huge after all.

22 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

That wouldn't be overprized for a ARC 170, that thing is huge after all.

X-Wings are $90 now and an ARC-170 is much bigger than an X-Wing so I would think it would be around $130-$150 these days

Yeah, in hindsight $140 for the ARC-170 would not be that surprising. If it was that price point, it had better come with 3 pilots and another figure though to justify it. Also, I am going to take a step back and remind everyone that this is just speculation, so that no one only halfway reading this thread gets the idea that an ARC-170 is coming out.

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

X-Wings are $90 now and an ARC-170 is much bigger than an X-Wing so I would think it would be around $130-$150 these days

Thats why I asked. But to be fair, the XWing is currently one of the most overpriced if the bigger Star Wars sets.

The last ARC was less than 400 pieces. I wouldn't say they'd be able to push it above 600. Take that and approximately 12 cents per piece and you won't get more than 80 bucks. Of course, we all well know, what LEGO is and has always been, so it'd just be another blind guess