MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

Has the lack of a Fallen Order set been confirmed? If I remember correctly, FalconFan stated (on the usual leaky place) there was a high possibility of getting one some time back. 

I hope so, the game was so good i really hope we get a mantis with the main crew along with the second sister and some purge troopers

29 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

I hope so, the game was so good i really hope we get a mantis with the main crew along with the second sister and some purge troopers

Just look at this custom set, it's amazing.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[NOTE: There are four more set numbers listed for this year (75282, 75285, 75287 and 75291), but no one is sure if they'll actually be released this year or ever]

It’s a bit misleading to say they are “listed for the year “. They don’t show up in any retail computers, aren’t in the LEGO 2H catalog distributed to retailers, and weren’t shown (publicly or privately) at the European toy fairs. Most likely scenario is that one or two ends up a retail store (Amazon, Target, Walmart) exclusive and the rest are just skipped numbers. Set numbers get skipped every year. 

13 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It’s a bit misleading to say they are “listed for the year “. They don’t show up in any retail computers, aren’t in the LEGO 2H catalog distributed to retailers, and weren’t shown (publicly or privately) at the European toy fairs. Most likely scenario is that one or two ends up a retail store (Amazon, Target, Walmart) exclusive and the rest are just skipped numbers. Set numbers get skipped every year. 

They were listed at first, it's likely they won't come out.

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They were listed at first, it's likely they won't come out.

The list they appeared on was 100% fake.

29 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The list they appeared on was 100% fake.

But the list was published by a store, this retailer listed rest of the sets for 2020 perfectly.

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But the list was published by a store, this retailer listed rest of the sets for 2020 perfectly.

If you're referring to Rakuten, their track record is far from perfect. And it's easy enough for a retailer to guess that the next wave of sets would span 75282-90something when LEGO almost invariably numbers their sets sequentially.

In any event, just because an online retailer lists a bunch of set numbers (or even names) does not mean they were ever real. Shortly after word of a Harry Potter CMF first appeared, a few (otherwise reliable) European retailers published the complete series breakdown on their websites... a list which several "leakers" swore by... a list that turned out to be complete and utter garbage. 

This happens pretty much every year... a set list gets circulated to instagrammers and other people who trade in leaks, that list (or a semi-consistent list) shows up on some website somewhere (an obscure retailer's storefront, Brickset, some "reliable" YouTube channel, etc.) and suddenly that "leak" — which probably started out as some kid's wishlist — is elevated to "fact" status due to the game of telephone that goes on here. 3-6 months later, the list is finally debunked and everyone is left wondering "Were the four House Ghosts in the HP CMF cancelled?" or "Whatever happened to that Resistance Shuttle and V-19" or "But where are sets 75282/85/88/91?".

My advice: question anything that isn't posted directly by LEGO. If you're going to trust anything else, put your faith in the information that is corroborated up and down, left and right, backwards and forwards, rather than the one inconsistent source that says something contradictory (especially when you want the contradictory info to be true). It's far more likely that one retailer is wrong than that every other source of info is. 

20 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I would not say that LEGO is taking any risks at all with the summer wave. Very safe, not unlike the last year or so of sets. Some people will say that safe is good, others will say it's bad... just depends on whether you happen to like safe things, and how many versions of those safe things you already own.

I confirmed the set number (which I think is also visible on the box, which has leaked now?) The EU price has been published a few places, and is accurate as far as I know. The US price is a bit iffy, with Target and Walmart computers in disagreement. Just don't be surprised if it's $80 and has a ridiculously bad PPP. 

You confirmed it but do you work at Lego ?
I did not find EU price.

58 minutes ago, w219 said:

I did not find EU price.

Can't answer questions about how I know stuff. Sorry. Trust me, don't trust me, entirely up to you. 

I don't remember where EU pricing first appeared publicly. I believe Landino posted some or all on Insta, and an Ecuadorian reseller posted prices that were roughly equivalent (though inflated, as most/all their prices are), and maybe there were other EU sites listing them as well. As far as I know they're all pretty consistent and reasonably accurate. But as a US resident I also don't pay that much attention to EU pricing, and even US pricing isn't that interesting to me, so I don't see much point in debating it when it's all subject to change until the sets are officially launched.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:05 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If I had to guess I would say there will probably be two or three. I would guess maybe one centered around Obi-Wan, one centered around Anakin, and one centered around Ahsoka. Just a complete guess so I won’t go on about it. It just would seem to make sense

On 2/5/2020 at 6:38 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

don't forget my boi Fives! In all honesty IF there is a TCW season 7 set I think ahsoka and maul is all we can hope for.

And even if he does get retired, it can't be that difficult for lego to set aside 3 yodas.

This is also what I'm thinking, we'll see it at larger than minifigure scale, probably with 2-4 figures.

I'm excited to see the final design, it should look pretty cool. And definately hoping we get a nebuleon eventually. (or a system scale bomber, but I don't care as much about a UCS one)

Maybe we’ll get a Mustafar/Starkiller base mini duel kit with Maul and Ahsoka in the future

2 hours ago, w219 said:

I did not find EU price.

For the most part, it's unwise to ask questions such as the one that you posted above. This sort of thing is what kills independent sources.

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

If you're referring to Rakuten, their track record is far from perfect. And it's easy enough for a retailer to guess that the next wave of sets would span 75282-90something when LEGO almost invariably numbers their sets sequentially.

In any event, just because an online retailer lists a bunch of set numbers (or even names) does not mean they were ever real. Shortly after word of a Harry Potter CMF first appeared, a few (otherwise reliable) European retailers published the complete series breakdown on their websites... a list which several "leakers" swore by... a list that turned out to be complete and utter garbage. 

This happens pretty much every year... a set list gets circulated to instagrammers and other people who trade in leaks, that list (or a semi-consistent list) shows up on some website somewhere (an obscure retailer's storefront, Brickset, some "reliable" YouTube channel, etc.) and suddenly that "leak" — which probably started out as some kid's wishlist — is elevated to "fact" status due to the game of telephone that goes on here. 3-6 months later, the list is finally debunked and everyone is left wondering "Were the four House Ghosts in the HP CMF cancelled?" or "Whatever happened to that Resistance Shuttle and V-19" or "But where are sets 75282/85/88/91?".

My advice: question anything that isn't posted directly by LEGO. If you're going to trust anything else, put your faith in the information that is corroborated up and down, left and right, backwards and forwards, rather than the one inconsistent source that says something contradictory (especially when you want the contradictory info to be true). It's far more likely that one retailer is wrong than that every other source of info is. 

I would concede that Rakuten is rarely a firsthand recipient of TLG's forthcoming releases, but I do know that 75291 is comimg. It is present in a certain major retailer's inventory system, and is accessible within their .xml sitemap.

I remember the V-19 and the "Resistance Shuttle" (Raddus) discord. No member on EB thought that those had any bearing in a reliable source.

Just now, Azani said:

I would concede that Rakuten is rarely a firsthand recipient of TLG's forthcoming releases, but I do know that 75291 is comimg. It is present in a certain major retailer's inventory system, and is accessible within their .xml sitemap.

Sounds like a retailer exclusive then :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Azani said:

I remember the V-19 and the "Resistance Shuttle" (Raddus) discord. No member on EB thought that those had any bearing in a reliable source.

Didn't Sir Von Lego say these were coming summer 2018 before he stopped posting/deleted his earlier posts? This was right around when I started reading these forums so I may be wrong

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75286 - Grevious' Starfighter - 80€ (includes General Grevious and his starfighter, Obi-Wan with a lighstaber and a Phase II Clone Trooper, not entirely sure about the Phase II part; heard it's based on Episode III)

Grievous' starfigher for 80€?? That's a lot! 8095 set was about 50€. Yes, it was a long time ago in 2010, but 30€ more seems too much... Let's hope the updated design is up to the price.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Didn't Sir Von Lego say these were coming summer 2018 before he stopped posting/deleted his earlier posts? This was right around when I started reading these forums so I may be wrong

Hmm.. I don't recall as much, but I will have to check. I actually had seemed to recall him debunking the rumor, but I may be off the mark here as well.

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I pretty sure that was the case. Not that he was generally unreliable; something clearly changed with Lego's plans I'd say.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, Azani said:

Hmm.. I don't recall as much, but I will have to check. I actually had seemed to recall him debunking the rumor, but I may be off the mark here as well.

He did say it was legit at some point, yes. And while you and I may never have believed those rumors, there were certainly a ton of people here who did buy into them, and refused to let go... 

28 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I pretty sure that was the case. Not that he was generally unreliable; something clearly changed with Lego's plans I'd say.

Or Disney's :hmpf_bad:. As for the rumored UCS, any chance it's the long-awaiting A-Wing?

23 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Or Disney's :hmpf_bad:. As for the rumored UCS, any chance it's the long-awaiting A-Wing?

Personally I hope so, just so we can get it done, and move on. It’s still the only one we’re missing (unless you count a U-Wing)

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just look at this custom set, it's amazing.

Wow that's a really good build! I hope maybe the $70 set for April is the Mantis but I hope it comes with more figs than just the main crew because Lego has been putting only a few figs in the expensive sets lately.

1 hour ago, blujay563 said:

Wow that's a really good build! I hope maybe the $70 set for April is the Mantis but I hope it comes with more figs than just the main crew because Lego has been putting only a few figs in the expensive sets lately.

If an $80 set these days is a measly one-man starfighter I wouldn't expect this to be the case.

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

If an $80 set these days is a measly one-man starfighter I wouldn't expect this to be the case.

True but i don't expect it to be large for a system set, it would probably have a very small interior and be about as large as the u-wing from 2016 if it was $70

Do you guys think that we will have any more Star Wars related leaks before New York Toy Fair comes around? It just seems like it’s been kind of dry the past few days for any news with the exception of the poll results from the UCS vote.:shrug_confused:

29 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Do you guys think that we will have any more Star Wars related leaks before New York Toy Fair comes around? It just seems like it’s been kind of dry the past few days for any news with the exception of the poll results from the UCS vote.:shrug_confused:

I’m no expert but leaks will typically be very spread out at any point between now and the official reveals. There aren’t going to be new pieces of information every day, there are always dry spells and then another piece of info comes in. There’s really no rhyme or reason with it

32 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

They could reveal helmet sets, two Star Wars and one Marvel set.