MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Glad the Gunship won. The system scale versions have always been consistently great sets but the detail of a UCS version would be something truely special. Plus it winning over half the votes on the poll sends a clear message there is a strong desire for sets from the prequel era.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

In an ideal world we'd get a Bad Batch set reminiscent of the Inferno Squad battlepack, but given how it's just one relatively minor arc in a season that appears to be mainly focused on Ahsoka and Mandalore, the fact that we never got a number of major characters such as Echo, Gregor, Yularen and Trench and the fact that it would require a number of new prints and molds - something that lego loves to skimp on at the moment - the likelihood seems low.

Wait... Gregor's a major character? But he only showed up for one episode of TCW in an unpopular storyarc! *huh* His only other appearance was a supporting role in a couple of Rebels episodes which he already has a minifigure for. :tongue:

sw0748.png

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t know about everyone else, but I would much rather have a 21st Galactic Marine battle pack than a 501st

Clone Commando Battle Pack

9 hours ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

So we still don’t know what that fourth April wave set is? I don’t believe it is general grievous’ starfighter but I could be mistaken.

We still don't know. Grevious' Starfughter is 75286 and is 80€, release date is Summer.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If I had to guess I would say there will probably be two or three. I would guess maybe one centered around Obi-Wan, one centered around Anakin, and one centered around Ahsoka. Just a complete guess so I won’t go on about it. It just would seem to make sense

Given how they treated Battlefront 2, Resistance and The Mandalorian, we're probably going to get one or two sets with a the main character and a weirdly chosen selection of builds that appeared for like 15 seconds in one episode.

9 hours ago, wesker said:

Wait... Gregor's a major character? But he only showed up for one episode of TCW in an unpopular storyarc! *huh* His only other appearance was a supporting role in a couple of Rebels episodes which he already has a minifigure for. :tongue:

Oh, you're right. Could've sworn he had appeared more, hence why he was chosen for Rebels.

Edited by ood0

6 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Given how they treated Battlefront 2, Resistance and The Mandalorian, we're probably going to get one or two sets with a the main character and a weirdly chosen selection of builds that appeared for like 15 seconds in one episode.

Oh, you're right. Could've sworn he had appeared more, hence why he was chosen for Rebels.

I’m not gonna lie, if all we get is Ahsoka and Maul I’ll be satisfied enough. But I think it will be a little more. Just a little. I think the only way I’ll be truly upset is if we don’t get Maul

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

I think part of the problem for this sort of thing lies in them not entirely knowing how prominent certain vehicles/scenes are going to be prior to the media actually being released.  I'm guessing there's only so much that Disney/SW can show them before release, and it's probably not much in the way of actual finished scenes, I would hazard a guess that it's more either concept art, stills, or very brief clips.  The other thing that might be a bit different for TCW is that it's an established property.  Just using Mandalorian as an example, had they made the Razor Crest this past winter, in hindsight, it would've sold very well, but they had no way of knowing how the show would perform.  If it flops, you're stuck with a set for a show people didn't like taking up a $100+ price point, which is probably worse for their sales than a set for a show people disliked at a $40-50 price point.  Since Clone Wars is already pretty popular among SW fans, they can be a bit riskier with large price point sets for stuff we haven't seen yet, because we already know most of the characters or will potentially buy the set even before seeing the show.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think part of the problem for this sort of thing lies in them not entirely knowing how prominent certain vehicles/scenes are going to be prior to the media actually being released.  I'm guessing there's only so much that Disney/SW can show them before release, and it's probably not much in the way of actual finished scenes, I would hazard a guess that it's more either concept art, stills, or very brief clips.  The other thing that might be a bit different for TCW is that it's an established property.  Just using Mandalorian as an example, had they made the Razor Crest this past winter, in hindsight, it would've sold very well, but they had no way of knowing how the show would perform.  If it flops, you're stuck with a set for a show people didn't like taking up a $100+ price point, which is probably worse for their sales than a set for a show people disliked at a $40-50 price point.  Since Clone Wars is already pretty popular among SW fans, they can be a bit riskier with large price point sets for stuff we haven't seen yet, because we already know most of the characters or will potentially buy the set even before seeing the show.

Exactly, I think the other shows didn’t perform as well because they were being compared by fans to The Clone Wars, same reason for sets not selling super well. Clone Wars is very popular, I already know I’ll buy anything Lego releases from TCW and I’m sure a lot of people are the same. I still don’t think we’ll get a lot from it this year. Maybe a few? And hopefully if there’s some level of success they’ll do more

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We still don't know. Grevious' Starfughter is 75286 and is 80€, release date is Summer.

We do not know General Grievous starfighter reference and price for now.

Edited by w219

A big thing to remember as well is the creep of prices. Resistance sets, while interesting, are terribly overpriced. Add that to the mediocrity of the show itself, and even someone who would buy say, Vonreg's TIE independent of the source material, would be put off by the $70 price tag (I know I was).

The Mandalorian is still new, but was well received. The merchandise for it has exploded (Black Series, Funko, Vintage Collection), and LEGO is sure to join that list soon.

TCW was a staple of the line at one time, and with its return, I think Lego will take a little more risk with it. It's their chance to deliver on many holes in the lineup (Bo-Katan. Listen Lego). And since we already know the next wave is PT-era heavy, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than the usual 2 sets for a new show. Likely it'll be at least half the wave, just enough to cover the final arcs (Anaxes, Rogue Jedi, Siege of Mandalore), and maybe a legacy set.

But as always, we'll see by NYTF at least. It's only a few weeks away.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly, I think the other shows didn’t perform as well because they were being compared by fans to The Clone Wars, same reason for sets not selling super well. Clone Wars is very popular, I already know I’ll buy anything Lego releases from TCW and I’m sure a lot of people are the same. I still don’t think we’ll get a lot from it this year. Maybe a few? And hopefully if there’s some level of success they’ll do more

"Resistance" ended after two seasons, so it's likely it didn't perform good at all. With officially no animated series in development, I hope Filoni's rumored "Ahsoka" series is for real :)

4 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I agree. Clone wars is a safe seller for lego, partially because the show was/is so popular and partially because many major characters and vehicles also were in the prequels.

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

TCW was a staple of the line at one time, and with its return, I think Lego will take a little more risk with it. It's their chance to deliver on many holes in the lineup (Bo-Katan. Listen Lego). And since we already know the next wave is PT-era heavy, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than the usual 2 sets for a new show. Likely it'll be at least half the wave, just enough to cover the final arcs (Anaxes, Rogue Jedi, Siege of Mandalore), and maybe a legacy set.

I would not say that LEGO is taking any risks at all with the summer wave. Very safe, not unlike the last year or so of sets. Some people will say that safe is good, others will say it's bad... just depends on whether you happen to like safe things, and how many versions of those safe things you already own.

58 minutes ago, w219 said:

Where did you read it ?

I confirmed the set number (which I think is also visible on the box, which has leaked now?) The EU price has been published a few places, and is accurate as far as I know. The US price is a bit iffy, with Target and Walmart computers in disagreement. Just don't be surprised if it's $80 and has a ridiculously bad PPP. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I would not say that LEGO is taking any risks at all with the summer wave. Very safe, not unlike the last year or so of sets. Some people will say that safe is good, others will say it's bad... just depends on whether you happen to like safe things, and how many versions of those safe things you already own.

LAAT Gunship, AT-AP and Droid Gunship confirmed. :grin:

1 minute ago, BrickBuiltYeti said:

where do you guys find information about leaked sets? right now i can only speculate, not knowing much about the summer wave

Well, that’s the thing is that we can only speculate about what we don’t know. The way we find out about leaks is through leaked catalog books, info from retailers, and people who break their NDA form that they signed when they looked at the sets from toy fairs. The only things we know right now is that the advent calendar is coming in September, the General grievous starfighter is coming out in summer and will be the second largest of the wave, the two helmet busts, the buildable D-O, and that’s about it. We do have the price of the unknown fourth April wave set which is $69.99 as well as the prices for the summer wave sets which you can find on Instagram.

If any Aussies are looking for the new x-wing polybag (30386) I was just in zing and they had it as a promo when you spend $45 or more on LEGO Star Wars sets

8 hours ago, BrickBuiltYeti said:

where do you guys find information about leaked sets? right now i can only speculate, not knowing much about the summer wave

APRIL/MAY:

75274 - Unknown - $70 (we still don't know what this set is)

75276 - Stormtrooper Helmet 18+ - 60€, 647 pcs (a new subtheme of helmet 18+ sets, there's also an Iron Man one)

75277 - Boba Fett Helmet 18+ - 60€, 625 pcs 

75278 - D-O - 70€, 519 pcs (a buildable droid, similar to BB-8 or Porg, probably comes with little D-O droid)

MAY THE 4th SET:

75275 - D2C - $200 (not sure about the price, it's from the guy above me; we don't know what it will be)

SUMMER WAVE:

75280 - Unknown - 30€

75281 - Unknown - 30€

75283 - Unknown - 40€

75284 - Unknown - 70€

75286 - Grevious' Starfighter - 80€ (includes General Grevious and his starfighter, Obi-Wan with a lighstaber and a Phase II Clone Trooper, not entirely sure about the Phase II part; heard it's based on Episode III)

75288 - Unknown - ~140€

[NOTE: Most sets are based on Prequels/Clone Wars. No Mandalorian or Fallen Order sets]

SEPTEMBER SET:

75279 - LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar - 30€ (heard it includes Darth Vader with a Christmas sweater that has a 'star' on it)

[NOTE: There are four more set numbers listed for this year (75282, 75285, 75287 and 75291), but no one is sure if they'll actually be released this year or ever]

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75286 - Grevious' Starfighter - 80€ (includes General Grevious and his starfighter, Obi-Wan with a lighstaber and a Phase II Clone Trooper, not entirely sure about the Phase II part; heard it's based on Episode III)

You do know it's Grievous right? Not Grevious

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[NOTE: Most sets are based on Prequels/Clone Wars. No Mandalorian or Fallen Order sets]

Has the lack of a Fallen Order set been confirmed? If I remember correctly, FalconFan stated (on the usual leaky place) there was a high possibility of getting one some time back. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

55 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Has the lack of a Fallen Order set been confirmed? If I remember correctly, FalconFan stated (on the usual leaky place) there was a high possibility of getting one some time back. 

Yes, by Childish_landino_chronicles, one of the most reliable leakers.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

You do know it's Grievous right? Not Grevious

Oh I was so sleepy, just woke up :laugh_hard: It's a typo.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes, by Childish_landino_chronicles, one of the most reliable leakers.

Oh that’s a shame, my mistake in that case. Thanks for clearing that up!