MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Nice, i have the 2013 one and it's my favorite set but i am still intrigued to seeĀ this version. I might even buy it as my first UCS. :)

Edited by sahidko

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well apparently the designing process still has to start so they can still look at our wishes.

I know they said that, but it's a safe bet they had working versions of all three options well underway already. They would not have offered people the choice of these sets without knowing what they would cost, how they would build them, what new parts they would need, etc.Ā 

I would also not be surprised (at all) if we get all three sets eventually, and they just used the poll to determine prioritization/order.

I have no idea where to display it. It will surely be huge even the system scale ones were big. It will be too wide for a normal sized shelf.Ā 

Just now, jdubbs said:

I know they said that, but it's a safe bet they had working versions of all three options well underway already. They would not have offered people the choice of these sets without knowing what they would cost, how they would build them, what new parts they would need, etc.Ā 

I would also not be surprised (at all) if we get all three sets eventually, and they just used the poll to determine prioritization/order.

Exactly. For starters, I don't believe the Nebulon would have been offered as a choice without Lego knowing they could make the model stable etc. Personally I voted for the Gunship so I've got my choice, but I do hope, and can't help but think, that Lego willĀ consider the Nebulon considering it also attracted considerable attention.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Ā 

Well there is precedent with that, If I recall correctly, in 2008 star wars had a vote for the 10th anniversary set

It was the home one cruiser (won and released in 2009)

New slave 1 (released in 2010)

And Palpatines arrest (finally released in 2012)

So they could in theory make all three

2 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I have no idea where to display it. It will surely be huge even the system scale ones were big. It will be too wide for a normal sized shelf.Ā 

True. And depth will be even more a challangeĀ then width. I barely had space for my (now sold) system-scale Republic Gunship on normal-size shelves.

21 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been thinking. I think this was more of ā€œwhat do you want firstā€

Iā€™m surprised over 50% voted for the Gunship. Iā€™m very happy with the results and I do hope we get the other two at some point

They pretty much said it was going to be an Episode II version. I wonder if theyā€™ll use the larger hingedĀ dome piece from the Cantina and Benā€™s Hut for the rounded side and wing cannons

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They pretty much said it was going to be an Episode II version. I wonder if theyā€™ll use the larger hingedĀ dome piece from the Cantina and Benā€™s Hut for the rounded side and wing cannons

Yes and no, they just said they were gonna rewatch episode 2. Can't really pull a conclusion from that yet. They usually look at multiple sources when designing their sets. Like even with the UCS falcon which had both radar dishes.

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yes and no, they just said they were gonna rewatch episode 2. Can't really pull a conclusion from that yet. They usually look at multiple sources when designing their sets. Like even with the UCS falcon which had both radar dishes.

Of course but they were very specific about which movie they were going to rewatch, I think itā€™s enough to make an educated assumption

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Of course but they were very specific about which movie they were going to rewatch, I think itā€™s enough to make an educated assumption

Yeah you're probably right. But they can also only say so much without giving us false hopes. Either way I'm excited to get my hands on a fully detailed gunship.

16 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah you're probably right. But they can also only say so much without giving us false hopes. Either way I'm excited to get my hands on a fully detailed gunship.

Right, whatever itā€™s from itā€™ll be fantastic. My best guess is Ep. II but obviously I donā€™t know for sure. I donā€™t see them doing a CW UCS set. Technically the Gunships in Ep. II and Ep. III areĀ the same so it would really come down to any figures to be the deciding factor (although it may be better to include no figures at this point because some people will riot if the entire 501st and every Jedi are not included). Iā€™m very interested to see what scale they go with. Personally Iā€™m hoping for larger than minifig scale

Well, the only way for me to buy the gunship will be only if there are some really nice figures in the set. But I hope the Nebulon gets a chance in the future

An Episode II Gunship just means we'll see Phase I clonetrooper helmets instead of Phase II. With the new Grevious set seeming to have a Phase II helmet it seems odd they'd have both in production at the same time. Has that every happened before?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

An Episode II Gunship just means we'll see Phase I clonetrooper helmets instead of Phase II. With the new Grevious set seeming to have a Phase II helmet it seems odd they'd have both in production at the same time. Has that every happened before?

I doubt the gunship will enter production for a year or more. Even if it were already fully designed (which is unlikely) it wouldn't release until 2021 at earliest.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Try to design a LAAT/I using only references from Revenge of the Sith.
They probably have access to references that are not from the movies but it is good to watch it in action, and you see it in action more in Attack of the Clones than in Revenge of the SIth.

Edited by w219

So now that we have an idea as to one of the UCS sets (probably for 2021), when will be finally find out the ones for this year! Or at least for May the 4th!Ā :classic:

I feel like reliable leaks or an official annoucement is overdue!

9 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

So now that we have an idea as to one of the UCS sets (probably for 2021), when will be finally find out the ones for this year! Or at least for May the 4th!Ā :classic:

I feel like reliable leaks or an official annoucement is overdue!

An official announcement wonā€™t come until MUCH closer to the release date. Leaks are inconsistent, they happen when/if they happen

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

'm wondering how long it will take them to release info on what figures it comes with, and how soon after the #boycottgunship will start.

LOL! Exactly.Ā 

I donā€™t know about everyone else, but I would much rather have a 21st Galactic Marine battle pack than a 501st

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I donā€™t know about everyone else, but I would much rather have a 21st Galactic Marine battle pack than a 501st

I would love to get the 21st Galactic Marine

15 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I would love to get the 21st Galactic Marine

We need so many phase 2 legions still like the 327th, 442nd, galactic marines, and clone force 99 before we get the 501st or 212th againĀ