MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Let's also bear in mind that LEGO has been slowly moving their pricing model to factor in 20% discounts at major retailers. This is a shift from how it used to be, when discounts were rarely seen on LEGO products, except on clearance. Several waves over the last year or so have been marked down 10-20% immediately upon release (though admittedly the current wave has yet to see discounts anywhere in the US)

This pricing theory really is sad for any country that isn't America or parts of Europe. NO retailers in Canada do this, in fact Walmart Canada has recently started a VILE practice of RAISING prices on sets from last year by 10%... the sets that were 100$ are now 110.. but only at Walmart : lowest price guaranteed ?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They kind of shot themselves in the foot back when they redesigned the Phase II helmet, because they neglected to incorporate the „accessory holes“ that the Phase I clones had. If they did that, all they‘d need for an accurate Cody minifig would be an orange version of the visor, similar to the ARC trooper‘s dark red one from the 2012 battlepack. Now, they‘d need an entirely new mould, which is probably why they opted for a regular 212 clone rather than Cody himself :shrug_confused:

I hope there are some other new moulds included in the remaining sets to make up for this (Cardo and Kuruk by any chance?) 

I think I was initially sceptical about the 2013 mould, but, as with the PT, became quite fond of it :)

A visor for Cody, Bly or Fox would be nice. But I think no matter what attachements Lego creates, it has to fit to the design of the phase II trooper as a whole. If it makes the minifig look awkward, I'm fine if it's left away, no matter how accurate it may be. For me, that counts for kamas and pauldrons as well.

Plus, I think that at least visors for the current helmets are possible. They may be not moveable, though.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They kind of shot themselves in the foot back when they redesigned the Phase II helmet, because they neglected to incorporate the „accessory holes“ that the Phase I clones had. If they did that, all they‘d need for an accurate Cody minifig would be an orange version of the visor, similar to the ARC trooper‘s dark red one from the 2012 battlepack. Now, they‘d need an entirely new mould, which is probably why they opted for a regular 212 clone rather than Cody himself :shrug_confused:

I hope there are some other new moulds included in the remaining sets to make up for this (Cardo and Kuruk by any chance?)

Always wondered why they decided to make them incompatible. I could think, that those accessory-sets also included the kama and pauldrons which were to replaced by cloth.

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

This pricing theory really is sad for any country that isn't America or parts of Europe. NO retailers in Canada do this, in fact Walmart Canada has recently started a VILE practice of RAISING prices on sets from last year by 10%... the sets that were 100$ are now 110.. but only at Walmart : lowest price guaranteed ?

It's also bad for all the small and medium retailers that can't afford to reduce the prices that much.

Edited by mon-o-mat

I have a question, are we only getting 2 busts, a giant D-0 and a random set for the spring wave or are we getting a little more? i'm a little confused 

23 minutes ago, NicDotFR said:

I have a question, are we only getting 2 busts, a giant D-0 and a random set for the spring wave or are we getting a little more? i'm a little confused 

That's it as far as anyone knows. 

6 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

It's always possible, but I'm 99.99% sure it's not. The price is indeed $/€80. 

Personally I think this is just another overpriced set with no desirable minifigures (expecting they will include the trooper in future, cheaper sets), but that's kinda what SW is for the last few waves. However there is something coming (regular set) that's going to satisfy a lot of people. 

Did you see the set and the price written on a catalog ?

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I don't think anyone can declare US pricing to be definitive at this point. I initially thought it was $80 as well (based in part on what Target listed it at) but then it turns out that Walmart lists this set a full $20 cheaper. And US pricing often does not line up with EU pricing (which is itself all over the map (pun intended!)). But given where it fits in the wave, the box size, and EU pricing, I do agree that $80 is entirely possible. 

Let's also bear in mind that LEGO has been slowly moving their pricing model to factor in 20% discounts at major retailers. This is a shift from how it used to be, when discounts were rarely seen on LEGO products, except on clearance. Several waves over the last year or so have been marked down 10-20% immediately upon release (though admittedly the current wave has yet to see discounts anywhere in the US). So, if the price is prohibitively high for you, wait a few weeks... it will come down.

And yeah, there is a bright spot to this wave. Or even two!

Could you possibly elaborate on the “bright spots” any further? I’m quite intrigued by this.

11 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Could you possibly elaborate on the “bright spots” any further? I’m quite intrigued by this.

Well obviosly it's another snowspeeder! Or Lukes landspeeder what else could it be?:grin:

TROS set(s) by any chance? :excited:

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Well obviosly it's another snowspeeder! Or Lukes landspeeder what else could it be?:grin:

Don't jinx it! :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

TROS set(s) by any chance? :excited:

Don't jinx it! :laugh_hard:

I really hope there will be more TROS sets but I don’t know anything about if there will or won’t be. However I think that it is highly likely that we get at least one more set from that movie and the most likely set to be made would have to be palpy’s throne room. I’d like to see an updated figure for palpatine and possibly even the last two knights of ren or his sith guards. The last two throne room sets have had 5 mini figures and two act as guards, one will be the hero, and the other two will be the master and the apprentice. 

Also, I think it’s more likely we see a UCS Luke’s landspeeder rather than another system scale version. :laugh:

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I don't think anyone can declare US pricing to be definitive at this point. I initially thought it was $80 as well (based in part on what Target listed it at) but then it turns out that Walmart lists this set a full $20 cheaper. And US pricing often does not line up with EU pricing (which is itself all over the map (pun intended!)). But given where it fits in the wave, the box size, and EU pricing, I do agree that $80 is entirely possible. 

Let's also bear in mind that LEGO has been slowly moving their pricing model to factor in 20% discounts at major retailers. This is a shift from how it used to be, when discounts were rarely seen on LEGO products, except on clearance. Several waves over the last year or so have been marked down 10-20% immediately upon release (though admittedly the current wave has yet to see discounts anywhere in the US). So, if the price is prohibitively high for you, wait a few weeks... it will come down.

And yeah, there is a bright spot to this wave. Or even two!

But most stores do not give those 10-20% discounts. Actually here in the Netherlands we just got a new tv spot for the company Hornbach with the catchphrase ''if you give discounts it's normally too expensive'', which I totally agree with especially in this case.

Just now, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

However I think that it is highly likely that we get at least one more set from that movie and the most likely set to be made would have to be palpy’s throne room. 

I'm usually not one to correct someone's spelling but you spelled The Senate wrong :wink:

7 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

It's a new variant/outfit. Don't recall if it's 212th. 

Dang. Probably an airbourne then, if it's not cody or normal 212th

7 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

It's always possible, but I'm 99.99% sure it's not. The price is indeed $/€80. 

Personally I think this is just another overpriced set with no desirable minifigures (expecting they will include the trooper in future, cheaper sets), but that's kinda what SW is for the last few waves. However there is something coming (regular set) that's going to satisfy a lot of people. 

I'm reading that as that there'll be at least one mando or clone wars set, am I correct?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm usually not one to correct someone's spelling but you spelled The Senate wrong :wink:

Are you threatening @LegoStarWarsFan777, master jedi?

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(Screeches and spins 920 degrees) 

Does anyone know when we're getting results for the UCS vote?

Hopefully soon, I'm pretty sure the Gunship will win with all the pushing it's gotten from Youtubers but it would be a pleasant surprise to see the Nebulon B come out on top.

44 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

Hopefully soon, I'm pretty sure the Gunship will win with all the pushing it's gotten from Youtubers but it would be a pleasant surprise to see the Nebulon B come out on top.

And what’s wrong with someone pushing for what they consider the best choice to win? It’s really is a popularity contest. Personally I voted for Gunship cause I think it’s the best choice out of the 3. And tbh if I was youtuber I’d push for my preferred choice as well. Wouldn’t all of us do the same?

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

And what’s wrong with someone pushing for what they consider the best choice to win? It’s really is a popularity contest. Personally I voted for Gunship cause I think it’s the best choice out of the 3. And tbh if I was youtuber I’d push for my preferred choice as well. Wouldn’t all of us do the same?

Well sure,  but my feeling is that a huge number of the #gunshipgang voters were much more interested in the potential minifigs than the ship, and are just as likely to start a #boycott campaign if the gunship is selected and comes with only two figures instead of the full 501st battalion with four named characters and a dozen new prints.  :laugh: 

To be clear I like all the choices and will very likely buy which ever one makes it. But frankly out of the three, the gunship would be my last choice for a USC edition. Lets see what happens. :shrug_oh_well: Good luck!

30 minutes ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Well sure,  but my feeling is that a huge number of the #gunshipgang voters were much more interested in the potential minifigs than the ship, and are just as likely to start a #boycott campaign if the gunship is selected and comes with only two figures instead of the full 501st battalion with four named characters and a dozen new prints.  :laugh: 

To be clear I like all the choices and will very likely buy which ever one makes it. But frankly out of the three, the gunship would be my last choice for a USC edition. Lets see what happens. :shrug_oh_well: Good luck!

Well that’s really irrelevant about which minifigs we get. They might put 10 of them in potential set or just 1-2. 
As far as other 2 choices go, I’d rather have Tie bomber as system scale set instead of Ucs one. And Nebulon-B be nonexistent, I just think it would be very difficult set to make due to its look in-universe.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does anyone know when we're getting results for the UCS vote?

The admin over at rebelscum said they were hoping to make the vote public on Friday.

I’m hoping for the Gunship but honestly it’s like choosing between three great looking pieces of pie. Any one of them will be delicious. I think the Nebulon B will come out on top though

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

just as likely to start a #boycott campaign if the gunship is selected and comes with only two figures instead of the full 501st battalion

:laugh_hard: I can already see the MandR video in my suggested feed

Edited by Brikkyy13

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Well that’s really irrelevant about which minifigs we get. They might put 10 of them in potential set or just 1-2. 
As far as other 2 choices go, I’d rather have Tie bomber as system scale set instead of Ucs one. And Nebulon-B be nonexistent, I just think it would be very difficult set to make due to its look in-universe.

I don't think it would be impossible to do. lepin managed to make their own model a few years back and it didn't look terrible so I'd imagine with the budget Lgo has for a ucs set plus the talent of their designers i think they could pull off a very respectable looking model.

23 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

I don't think it would be impossible to do. lepin managed to make their own model a few years back and it didn't look terrible so I'd imagine with the budget Lgo has for a ucs set plus the talent of their designers i think they could pull off a very respectable looking model.

That was a MOC they stole. Important thing to take in mind: literally everything Lepin sells is stolen from either LEGO or a fan's MOC

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m hoping for the Gunship but honestly it’s like choosing between three great looking pieces of pie. Any one of them will be delicious. I think the Nebulon B will come out on top though

Well you got your wish. 

(Gunship won)

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/4632a0cd-a22c-4c21-a18b-b4294a189dc2