MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nice try but yes.

https://brickset.com/sets/75157-1/Captain-Rex-s-AT-TE

Doing proper research is hard......

I'm sorry but no. Don't mock my research. No one's counting that as it's clearly modified and has more to it than a standard model. (Housing compartments, landing pad, etc.)

I repeat, no more than $100 for a real, standard issue, run of the mill AT-TE. And even counting that one, the Rebels line was as a whole overpriced. I'd like to think that LEGO won't make that mistake again.

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Thats no real AT-TE...

BTW, if you want to count it in it had the same PPP as the 2013 one.

Look man, it's an AT-TE with a few modifications. In-universe it's an AT-TE captain rex, Gregor, and Wolffe use as a home, and the set itself very clearly resembles an at-te. @Guyon2002 remembered one you didn't, just let it go.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm sorry but no. Don't mock my research. No one's counting that as it's clearly modified and has more to it than a standard model. (Housing compartments, landing pad, etc.)

I repeat, no more than $100 for a real, standard issue, run of the mill AT-TE. And even counting that one, the Rebels line was as a whole overpriced. I'd like to think that LEGO won't make that mistake again.

I think most people would accept Rex's AT-TE as an AT-TE. The extra parts for the upper deck don't account for such a significant change in price. The general increase in Star Wars sets, however, does. Nobody expected to see an X-Wing that costs £90, but we have one on the shelves right now.

Is Lego going to show April and summer wave sets at the NY toy fair or just April sets? I can’t remember what they did in years past but I’m hyped for the reveals at toy fair.:excited:

8 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Is Lego going to show April and summer wave sets at the NY toy fair or just April sets? I can’t remember what they did in years past but I’m hyped for the reveals at toy fair.:excited:

Best case scenario is that they show the April/May sets, but even that's not a sure thing. With a few exceptions, they do not typically show forthcoming Star Wars sets more than a month or so before release, and the "summer" wave is at least 6 months away. Figs aren't even finalized for it yet.

Edited by jdubbs

44 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@Guyon2002 remembered one you didn't, just let it go.

Can do. He could've done so without the "proper research" remark, but it's behind us.

39 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I think most people would accept Rex's AT-TE as an AT-TE. The extra parts for the upper deck don't account for such a significant change in price. The general increase in Star Wars sets, however, does. Nobody expected to see an X-Wing that costs £90, but we have one on the shelves right now.

I mean, it is an AT-TE, but I don't think it counts towards what to expect when the next one inevitably gets made. It was a special case, simply put. However, the pricing was notably worse with Rebels sets, and that's sort of continued. To be fair, though, sets have been getting bigger (needlessly so), and as such, I think Lego is using that to justify higher prices. The new X-Wings are pretty big from what I can tell, compared to 9493.

20 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

and the "summer" wave is at least 6 months away. Figs aren't even finalized for it yet.

Really? I thought that figures would be final around the time the model was finalized. How much goes into the process?

Edited by ARC2149Nova

15 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, that's not actually what I was saying (don't sweat it; there has been a lot of confusion about this). I was saying that set #75286 (Grievous Starship) was not $140, which someone had listed as the price for that set number.  (I think the poster thought 75286 was the largest set in the wave, which is incorrect... 75288 is actually the big one). I said that people would go ballistic if 75286 were priced that high, considering the previous version of that set cost $50.

US pricing is a guessing game at this point. All we can do is extrapolate prices from EU/CAD pricing (which often varies quite a bit) and the preliminary prices showing up in Target/Walmart/etc. computers (which do not agree with each other at all right now.) Grievous Starship consistently appears to be the second most expensive set in the wave (also has the second largest box, second highest set number, etc.), though 75284 is very close to it in EU pricing, box size, etc. 75288 (the big one) is over $100. I would guess around $140-150.

Bear in mind that most any set that is a reissue/remake is going to be 10% more than the previous version (parts count being equal) and another 10% more if the parts count goes up significantly, which happens a lot when you redo an older set. This is just a fact of life these days... see the most recent X-Wing, Falcon, etc. 

That makes a lot more sense, thanks again for clearing this up and apologies for the misquote.  In that case, I'm a lot more hopeful about 75288 if it's going to be priced where you guess it is.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Really? I thought that figures would be final around the time the model was finalized. How much goes into the process?

With a few exceptions, minifigs are no longer shown with most Star Wars sets at ToyFair (they sub in generic white placeholders), either because they're not ready/subject to change or because they don't want that info leaking. Even the figs that make it into the retail catalog shots are subject to change. The figures pictured for the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, for instance, were not the same that shipped with the set. (Obi had Comm. Gordon hair, no burned torso prints, etc.)

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If there is another AT-TE, I can almost guarantee it will be at least $100

If I were TLC I would put it at the conventiant 99.99 spot so it doesn't brake the 100 mark. And at about 800 pieces like the 2013 one this will leave a good PPP for them.

Just now, mon-o-mat said:

If I were TLC I would put it at the conventiant 99.99 spot so it doesn't brake the 100 mark. And at about 800 pieces like the 2013 one this will leave a good PPP for them.

Yeah I think the size of the 2013 version was perfect. If it’s redone (I don’t think it will be this year but when it eventually is) I think it should be about the same size but with more pieces for added detail and to block big gaps. Same with the Gunship

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

With a few exceptions, minifigs are no longer shown with most Star Wars sets at ToyFair (they sub in generic white placeholders), either because they're not ready/subject to change or because they don't want that info leaking. Even the figs that make it into the retail catalog shots are subject to change. The figures pictured for the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, for instance, were not the same that shipped with the set. (Obi had Comm. Gordon hair, no burned torso prints, etc.)

So minifigs for Clone Wars sets probably aren’t known yet by leakers?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I'd guess not. It could be part of the reason the leakers are so quiet, as apart from the leaked Soulless One no sets or figures are known.

53 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Please stay on target everyone.

Copy that, red leader.

Even with the only confirmed summer set being the belbullab-22, I'm optimistic about this wave. It confirms that at least some of the sets will be ROTS, and since they quite literally can't make another kashyyyk at-rt, HMP gunship, or AT-AP this year, we should get some good sets.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it depends on how they get the leaks. Someone with inside information could know, but someone who only saw the toyfair sets might not.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I'd guess not. It could be part of the reason the leakers are so quiet, as apart from the leaked Soulless One no sets or figures are known.

Also makes it difficult to differentiate Clone Wars sets from regular prequel trilogy sets, in a few cases.

I’d again caution everyone to lower expectations. There is a lot of really fanciful wishlisting going on that is only going to lead to heartbreak... :(

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it depends on how they get the leaks. Someone with inside information could know, but someone who only saw the toyfair sets might not.

Yes and no. There are certainly tiers of info you would know depending on where you’re getting your info, but very few (if any) of the people posting publicly actually know someone “inside LEGO”. They get their info second or third hand, from retail catalogs, store computers, foreign retail websites and marketplaces, etc. 

20 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Also makes it difficult to differentiate Clone Wars sets from regular prequel trilogy sets, in a few cases.

That could explain why some people reported only prequel sets and others said Clone wars/prequel. Perhaps the clone wars builds are just prequel ships but with clone wars figures? That would be a shame as I was hoping for at least some new ships. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That could explain why some people reported only prequel sets and others said Clone wars/prequel. Perhaps the clone wars builds are just prequel ships but with clone wars figures? That would be a shame as I was hoping for at least some new ships. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

That, and the people saying “absolutely no CW” were just making (uneducated) guesses. 

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That makes sense. A, for example, Laat/i could be a ROTS one with windu, yoda, and obi-wan, or a TCW one with Ahsoka, Maul, and Rex, and there'd be no way to tell

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Yes and no. There are certainly tiers of info you would know depending on where you’re getting your info, but very few (if any) of the people posting publicly actually know someone “inside LEGO”. They get their info second or third hand, from retail catalogs, store computers, foreign retail websites and marketplaces, etc. 

Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 hours ago, w219 said:

There was both UCS y-wing and system y-wing for sale during a time.

Wasn’t the UCS Slave 1 around during the tail end of one system scale’s run and being discontinued around the time of the 20th anniversary set.

15 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

Wasn’t the UCS Slave 1 around during the tail end of one system scale’s run and being discontinued around the time of the 20th anniversary set.

UCS Slave I was in 2015 if I recall correctly, and the previous system one was in 2010. Then came the 20th set, which was released shortly after the UCS run.

2 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

UCS Slave I was in 2015 if I recall correctly, and the previous system one was in 2010. Then came the 20th set, which was released shortly after the UCS run.

And then there was the smaller scale version in the Cloud City set too. There was definitely some overlap among them, when you consider stock still in retail stores/sites. 

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Best case scenario is that they show the April/May sets, but even that's not a sure thing. With a few exceptions, they do not typically show forthcoming Star Wars sets more than a month or so before release, and the "summer" wave is at least 6 months away. Figs aren't even finalized for it yet.

Prior to all of the new movies it was common we saw future waves at NYTF.  There is a chance that, with no new movies on the horizon to spoil, we might see more at NYTF fair than we have the last 5ish years.