MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it's $80 I'm definetely skipping this set, maybe waiting for a discount. I'm honestly getting really tired of LEGO Star Wars with all these criminally overpriced sets

They may do that in the US, but us Europeans (at least in the Netherlands) rarely get good discounts. And they shouldn't have to do this anyway, if the intend is for stores to give discounts immediately after launch why not just lower the stupidly high price?

No discounts in Europe? :D Nearly every set except UCS and MBS is available 40% off here. 

I also found Lego 75277 but for now i can not find the others on walmart website.

Lowest price i found for Lego Star Wars tbd ip 24 2020 is 154,80 euros.

7 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

No discounts in Europe? :D Nearly every set except UCS and MBS is available 40% off here. 

I do not think we live in the same Europe then.

Just now, OrangeChiliPeP said:

The biggest discount I've seen here is 20% off. Sets that get a higher discount are just the sets no one really wants (and notice I said ''at least here in the Netherlands'')

1 minute ago, w219 said:

I also found Lego 75277 but for now i can not find the others on walmart website.

Lowest price i found for Lego Star Wars tbd ip 24 2020 is 154,80 euros.

I do not think we live in the same Europe then.

Landino's numbers came from Target, fwiw. Walmart's are more consistent with CAD pricing. And more in line with what I would have hoped for in the US (see "head-scratching" in my previous post). So one of Walmart or Target is wrong. Hopefully Walmart has the right info.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The biggest discount I've seen here is 20% off. Sets that get a higher discount are just the sets no one really wants (and notice I said ''at least here in the Netherlands'')

many retailers as amazon also ship within the European Union so no problem to get these discounts also in the Netherlands. 

The UK too has been dire with discounts of late. Everything is basically RRP. Even before Christmas the discounts on Star Wars Lego were extremely poor. It's a case of watch and wait and be very selective about what and when to purchase. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know we haven't seen the set in HD, but $80 for 3 minfiigures is insane. I probably won't but this set for a price like this.

It may only be $60. See above.

Just now, jdubbs said:

It may only be $60. See above.

But we know lego is crazy enough to put it at $80, just look at the TIE Dagger:

Medium sized ship? Check

3 figures? Check

Overpriced? Check

But we know lego is crazy enough to put it at $80, just look at the TIE Dagger:

Medium sized ship? Check

3 figures? Check

Overpriced? Check

I dont think that set even sells. Retailers don't even ship them.

27 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

many retailers as amazon also ship within the European Union so no problem to get these discounts also in the Netherlands. 

Yeah but the shipping usually brings the price back up, so in the end we're still better off grabbing that 20% discount or paying full price xD

Oh well, maybe the price will be worth it if we've seen better pictures. I was kinda planning on just using the original version of this set, but I don't think the 'new' Grievous will fit.

Well, if the rumors are true that there are no Resistance or Mandalorian sets, I’ll be extremely disappointed. Such a huge missed opportunity not to be producing sets based on current content.

5 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah but the shipping usually brings the price back up, so in the end we're still better off grabbing that 20% discount or paying full price xD

Oh well, maybe the price will be worth it if we've seen better pictures. I was kinda planning on just using the original version of this set, but I don't think the 'new' Grievous will fit.

Amazon is good here, constantly having 20% or more discounted on most sets. But i basically never see discounts that high in shops here in Munich. Sometimes you get some sets for 15% less or so but you have to be lucky to get the sets you want cheaper.

An odd choice for sure. I was very much hoping for new Clone Wars sets but I wasn't expecting a remake of an old set. I almost went back and got the old one off Bricklink recently but changed my mind. Now I'm glad I waited as I'm sure the new one will look much better once we see hd pics. Grievous is obvious but can anyone tell what the other 2 figures are?

1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same here in Germany. It‘s really hard and rare to find high discounts for sets. In stores you will mostly find none at all, most of them are online like amazon for example :/

This is what i think sets are and their prices according to Promobricks, Walmart and libreriablanco.

Walmart Promobricks

Lego star wars tbd-ip-14-2020 : Lego 75276 : 59,99 $ 59,99 euros Stormtrooper
Lego star wars tbd-ip-15-2020 : Lego 75277 : 59,99 $ 59,99 euros Boba Fett
Lego star wars tbd-ip-16-2020 : Lego 75278 : 69,99 euros D-0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lego star wars tbd-ip-17-2020 : Lego 75279 : 29,99 euros Advent Calendar ( Promobricks libreriablanco )

Going this way, i think if there are no sets that we do not know :

Lego star wars tbd-ip-18-2020 : Lego 75280 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-19-2020 : Lego 75281 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-20-2020 : Lego 75282 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-21-2020 : Lego 75283 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-22-2020 : Lego 75284 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-23-2020 : Lego 75285 :
Lego star wars tbd-ip-24-2020 : Lego 75286 :

But there is a Lego 75288 on bricklink so maybe Libreriablanco do not have all the sets and Lego star wars tbd-ip-24-2020 is Lego 75288.

Edited by w219

Those are not the correct set numbers for the “summer” wave. Several are skipped and the biggest set is 75288  There are 6 total. 

16 minutes ago, w219 said:

But there is a Lego 75288 on bricklink so maybe Libreriablanco do not have all the sets and Lego star wars tbd-ip-24-2020 is Lego 75288.

This has all been reported several times now, but I guess it bears repeating:

75280, 75281, 75283, 75284, 75286, and 75288 are the only (known) sets coming after the four April/May sets (which are 2 helmets, buildable D-0, one other not-yet-public set). 75286 is Greivous' ship. 80, 81 and 83 are small (as in: snowspeeder small). 84 is comparable in size to 86. 88 is the anchor (>$100) set. That's it for the third wave this year, though there is always the chance of a retail store exclusive or two. Or three. Or none.

(Sorry. there is also the Advent and two D2C sets, of course.)

Seeing the pics (however blurry), I definitely think it could be a large build. Maybe not quite $80, but let's be honest, almost all Star Wars sets nowadays are at least $10 overpriced.

Looking at my Y-Wing (from RO), I think this new Grievous Starfighter could be bigger. I hope they finally give us Cody, the middle figure does have some distortion, and looks more white than orange, so Cody's not out of the question for sure (Since he has orange stripes instead of chevrons). Still, they could've at least given us a MagnaGuard or two. We last got them in 2009. But either way, I'm still excited.

I think the budget is going to the HP sets lol. Trouble is, Lego has set a high bar with the quality and price of the new HP sets and it is doing nothing to help the Star Wars line. And whilst I am loving the new HP stuff and don't want it to stop, I think Lego needs to be careful not to create too much of a disparity between such licensed lines or people maybe start putting their money elsewhere.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think the budget is going to the HP sets lol. Trouble is, Lego has set a high bar with the quality and price of the new HP sets and it is doing nothing to help the Star Wars line.

You do know themes have their own budget right? Sure, HP took some of Jurassic World's 2018 budget but that didn't effect JW's prices

You do know themes have their own budget right? Sure, HP took some of Jurassic World's 2018 budget but that didn't effect JW's prices

Yes I'm well aware.

EDIT: nevermind, I was way too fast :wall:

It's Commander Cody guys! And he has both a new helmet mold and armprinting!

video removed

Edited by Guyon2002