MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

36 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Could just be a clone trooper from Cody’s legion to be honest.

Sure, but that‘d be a rather silly thing to do :tongue: Then again, they‘ve done sillier things before... Fingers crossed for Cody!

Personally, I‘m down for a PT/TCW wave with at least one TROS set sprinkled in :thumbup: The OT has received a lot of love this past few years, so it‘s time the focus shifts to other eras for this wave 

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I‘m down for a PT/TCW wave with at least one TROS set sprinkled in 

Thing is, the new PT content coming out overlaps with TROS so we can get both

Could not be more excited about these new sets as they all seem to be from The Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith :)

I owned the Grievous Starfighter from 2010(?) but somehow lost it even though it was my favorite set, so the new one is definitely going to be a fine addition to my collection (Lets hope for Commander Cody ?)

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, but that‘d be a rather silly thing to do :tongue: Then again, they‘ve done sillier things before... Fingers crossed for Cody!

Personally, I‘m down for a PT/TCW wave with at least one TROS set sprinkled in :thumbup: The OT has received a lot of love this past few years, so it‘s time the focus shifts to other eras for this wave 

I’m down with that too, I’ve wanted another prequel wave for a while. I’m disappointed in the lack of Mando sets for sure but I think we’ll get some eventually. Hoping the other figure is Cody but knowing Lego it’s most likely an ordinary 212th Trooper 

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Back in the day I’d have believed talk about Cody or Atleast been quietly confident. Queen Amidala in the Gungan Sub for example. 

Now I’d say I’m 90% sure it won’t be Cody.  

I wonder if this is the last $70 set in the April wave?

I could definitely see it with the way Lego has recently been pricing their sets

2 hours ago, Theemp1re said:

I wonder if this is the last $70 set in the April wave?

I could definitely see it with the way Lego has recently been pricing their sets

Well, there is good news and there is bad news. The good news: It’s not the $70 set from April! The bad news: It’s actually 75286 from the “summer” wave, at $80. EDIT: That price came from the price list Landino posted to Instagram, which I believe was sourced from Target. As others have since uncovered, Walmart lists this set at just $60. One or the other is wrong.

Edited by jdubbs
New pricing info

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Well, there is good news and there is bad news. The good news: It’s not the $70 set from April! The bad news: It’s actually 75286 from the “summer” wave, at $80. 

Yikes. There seems to be a new trend of very few minifigures in very expensive sets

New Grievous starfighter is not something I thought I wanted but it's something I now want! Never had a version of this and new minifigs of Obi-Wan and new clone just sweeten the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Well, there is good news and there is bad news. The good news: It’s not the $70 set from April! The bad news: It’s actually 75286 from the “summer” wave, at $80. 

$80?! Well that's definitely pushing it. How much was the last one? $50? ... i gues this one will have more pieces but still it's just one vehicle with 3 figures without any sidebuild.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

$80,-?! Now I'm scared for the European price. I might just buy the clone (if it's cody) online

If it is Cody, it probably won't be worth just buying him though. I can just imagine the prices. ?

29 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

That's unacceptable. It should be 50 at most. And that can be considered pushing it. People should began protesting by not buying a single sw set until they change this. I still haven't bought the slave 1 because of its price and that's probably the best priced set of 2019. Even if that's about Disney and not lego. Lego should risk their agreement with Disney. The theme is not even selling that good, whats the point of overpricing? 

Edited by Mizyaz

Definitely skipping. Insane price for several minifigures I already have and Grievous's ship, which I don't hate but don't love either. The only incentive I would have to buy this set is Cody, if he really is the clone included, but a single wide released minifigure shouldn't be worth $80.

Where do you all get that ridiculous 80$ price? As we all know preliminary price lists are questionable as sometimes precession and set numbers are mismatched. So I will think it's actually less than 80 and more like 40-60$. It just doesn't look like 80$ sized set.

There is no confirmation for now that this is 75286 and no confirmation that 75286 is 80 dollars, but if this is true then i will not buying it at that price.

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Where do you all get that ridiculous 80$ price? As we all know preliminary price lists are questionable as sometimes precession and set numbers are mismatched. So I will think it's actually less than 80 and more like 40-60$. It just doesn't look like 80$ sized set.

12 minutes ago, w219 said:

There is no confirmation for now that this is 75286 and no confirmation that 75286 is 80 dollars, but if this is true then i will not buying it at that price.

I confirmed the set number. You can believe me or not, but my track record here should speak for itself. The US price came from Landino. I am pretty sure I know where he got his prices and have no reason to doubt them.  The EU price for that set is similar so again, no reason to doubt it. 

Bear in mind that Lego now pretty consistently prices their sets knowing that retailers will cut 20% off within a month or so. 

22 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I confirmed the set number. You can believe me or not, but my track record here should speak for itself. The US price came from Landino. I am pretty sure I know where he got his prices and have no reason to doubt them.  The EU price for that set is similar so again, no reason to doubt it. 

Bear in mind that Lego now pretty consistently prices their sets knowing that retailers will cut 20% off within a month or so. 

Well then it's obviously a bad price. Does Lego actually thinks it will sell at this price? It's not as iconic as some other vehicles so 80$ doesn't do it any favors.

Walmart price for 75276 is 59,99$ when childish_landino_chronicles says it is 69,99$ so maybe Walmart has a lower price or he is not completely right.

I will say, I have never been so mystified as I have this year. I've lost track of how many times in the last few months I've read or seen something, scratched my head and thought, "that can't possibly be right, can it?". 

It is always possible that misprints can happen, plans and prices can change, sets can get cancelled or pushed back, etc., but these are the (rare) exception, not the rule. And given that sets have been shown at two Toy Fairs now (soon to be a third), it is increasingly unlikely that mistakes of the kind you guys are hoping for have happened.

If it's $80 I'm definetely skipping this set, maybe waiting for a discount. I'm honestly getting really tired of LEGO Star Wars with all these criminally overpriced sets

26 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

They may do that in the US, but us Europeans (at least in the Netherlands) rarely get good discounts. And they shouldn't have to do this anyway, if the intend is for stores to give discounts immediately after launch why not just lower the stupidly high price?

Just now, w219 said:

Walmart price for 75276 is 59,99$ when childish_landino_chronicles says it is 69,99$ so maybe Walmart has a lower price or he is not completely right.

Landino said $79 for that set number actually.