MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It's legitimate. You can see Utapau in the background which means it's themed around Revenge of the Sith rather than The Clone Wars. Minifigures are General Grievous, Obi Wan and a clone. 

4 minutes ago, Renown said:

It's legitimate. You can see Utapau in the background which means it's themed around Revenge of the Sith rather than The Clone Wars. Minifigures are General Grievous, Obi Wan and a clone. 

I‘m cool with this since the last Grievous‘ Starfighter based on ROTS was released in 2007 :classic: Not the best minifig selection since this would‘ve been the perfect opportunity for a ROTS Cody, but alas...

Edit: So is this one of the 6 summer wave sets or is it the fourth one released in spring?

Edited by Lego-Freak

It's legit, Childish_landino_chronicles leaked it (one of the most reliable leakers).

Wow, that's great! I own two previous one, which I still love. If it really includes Grievous and Obi-Wan, I'll probably buy it.

Hard to believe its been a decade since the last Grievous' Starfighter. Would be great if the clone figure turns out to be Commander Cody.

11 minutes ago, Renown said:

Is it just a standard clone trooper? 

This is good news! Was only the other day looking at the 2010 version on eBay 

12 minutes ago, Renown said:

Well there was this canceled death on Utapau arc for the clone wars released alongside the Bad Batch arc. Perhaps like Bad Batch it also made it into the new season (although probably highly altered if so). Not likely but you never know until we've seen season 7.

Can't really make out Obi Wan or a trooper, but if it is he has to be Cody right? But I'm probably already setting myself up disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well there was this canceled death on Utapau arc for the clone wars released alongside the Bad Batch arc. Perhaps like Bad Batch it also made it into the new season (although probably highly altered if so). Not likely but you never know until we've seen season 7.

Can't really make out Obi Wan or a trooper, but if it is he has to be Cody right? But I'm probably already setting myself up disappointment. 

Crystal Crisis on Utapau. As far as we know it’s not part of season 7, it’s just Bad Batch, Ahsokas Walkabout and The Siege of Mandalore

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m cool with this since the last Grievous‘ Starfighter based on ROTS was released in 2007 :classic: Not the best minifig selection since this would‘ve been the perfect opportunity for a ROTS Cody, but alas...

Edit: So is this one of the 6 summer wave sets or is it the fourth one released in spring?

It's not 75274, put it that way. My money is on the clone being Cody but I don't have any further confirmation on that. 

5 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Crystal Crisis on Utapau. As far as we know it’s not part of season 7, it’s just Bad Batch, Ahsokas Walkabout and The Siege of Mandalore

There's also the possibility of Clone Wars overlapping with episode 3, as hinted at in the newest trailer. So who knows.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

There's also the possibility of Clone Wars overlapping with episode 3, as hinted at in the newest trailer. So who knows. 

It's pretty likely that is does. Dave Filoni already stated that it's definetly the final season of the TCW series. He added that we "will see why", and there aren't many reasons why there can't be an additional season :)

56 minutes ago, Renown said:

Do you know the rough figure selection from other sources or are you guessing from the picture? :)

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Do you know the rough figure selection from other sources or are you guessing from the picture? :)

From sources. I've also seen an ever so slightly higher quality image in which you can make out a blue lightsaber with one (Obi Wan), a particularly bulky figure (Grievous) and orange markings on the clone. 

Just now, Renown said:

From sources. I've also seen an ever so slightly higher quality image in which you can make out a blue lightsaber with one (Obi Wan), a particularly bulky figure (Grievous) and orange markings on the clone. 

Okay thank you. I thought you must be ever so good to make out the figures from that image lol. Interesting that we don't see a Magnaguard as that seemed like a popular figure, but if it's Cody instead I'm not complaining.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Get hype :excited: What‘s supposed to be so bad about this wave again? :head_back:

I know right? Everything we've heard in the last few days sounds amazing. And leak season has started so there's probably a lot more to come :moar:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Get hype :excited: What‘s supposed to be so bad about this wave again? :head_back:

I suppose if the prequel era isn't for you then this wave may be a solid pass, but for those of us that do love the prequels then I'd say it's pretty promising. :excited:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I suppose if the prequel era isn't for you then this wave may be a solid pass, but for those of us that do I'd say it's pretty promising. :excited:

Good wave for those of us who grew up alongside the prequels and The Clone Wars; pretty rough wave for some of the old hands.

Just now, Renown said:

Good wave for those of us who grew up alongside the prequels and The Clone Wars; pretty rough wave for some of the old hands.

Yeah exactly. As a prequel era baby, I think this wave may be pure nostalgia for me. But on the other hand, I was technically introduced to the originals before the prequels and I love both. A wave of solid original trilogy sets would have made me happy too, but it is so good to see some prequel love. And I understand that there will be those who don't like the PT or TCW, but there is no doubt that their time will surely roll around again pretty soon.

45 minutes ago, Renown said:

Could just be a clone trooper from Cody’s legion to be honest.

6 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Could just be a clone trooper from Cody’s legion to be honest.

Yup - let's not jump to conclusions here people. If the leakers say it's a clone, that's all we know. Wouldn't get your hopes up that it's Cody just yet. 

That looks pretty great! And especially considering the last version of Soulless One came out 10 years ago I'm not complaining. I do really hope the clonetrooper is Cody though!

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

and there aren't many reasons why there can't be an additional season :)

Especially considering Clone Wars is notorious for it's non-chronological storystructure

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

That we basically didn't know anything about it, except that it's a small wave and that already includes two buildable helmets and a buildable droid.