MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Target did a brickhead two pack in October and a Vader bust before that (con leftovers). Amazon had Vader’s Castle about 15 months ago. 

But nothing from the normal line then. I forgot about Vader's Castle though.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m just glad we’re getting Clone Wars sets. The least I’m hoping for is an updated CW Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Maul, and Bo Katan. That may even be too much to hope for. A 332nd Rex would be great but I don’t have a lot of hope for that. I’m not expecting a bunch of background clones or Jedi as great as that would be. I typically just rely on CloneArmyCustoms for my clones (they just released a Sergeant Hound figure btw). But the five figures listed above are what I really hope for, and I think three of them are pretty safe bets

I remain hopeful, but if we get CW sets I think all we can basically gurentee is anakin and obi-wan. We can also safely assume is ahsoka and maul, but only in the event that the sets are for season 7.

50 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Target did a brickhead two pack in October and a Vader bust before that (con leftovers). Amazon had Vader’s Castle about 15 months ago. 

Any chance we'll see a similar thing with the sith trooper as we did with vader?

One thing that might affect the chances of a new Clone Wars Maul is that we're already getting the Crimson Dawn version as an exclusive minifigure for the new DK book later this year. As the two costumes are quite similar there's always the possibility he could be omitted in favor of a legacy Clone Wars villain (Grievous, Ventress etc) or included in another Phantom Menace set.

Edited by wesker

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But nothing from the normal line then. I forgot about Vader's Castle though.

We used to get 1-2 exclusive SW system sets a year from each of ToysRUs, Target and Walmart. TRU's were usually the biggest, up to $100 or so, Target's were more middle-of-the-road, and Walmart's were $20-30 sets. They did this for Star Wars and several of the other licenses. Then TRU folded and without that extra competition, there seems to have been less reason for the remaining stores to invest in the exclusives. Amazon's entry into the space was encouraging, but they failed to do an exclusive last year to follow up Vader's Castle, so unless they are on a bi-annual cycle, they may be done with them too. I'd still like to believe we could get a few system sets this way, though. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Any chance we'll see a similar thing with the sith trooper as we did with vader?

I was hoping so but it doesn't look like it. Maybe as a VIP purchasable reward down the line at the LEGO Store?

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, wesker said:

One thing that might affect the chances of a new Clone Wars Maul is that we're already getting the Crimson Dawn version as an exclusive minifigure for the new DK book later this year. As the two costumes are quite similar there's always the possibility he could be omitted in favor of a legacy Clone Wars villain (Grievous, Ventress etc) or included in another Phantom Menace set.

I don't think that ever withhold Lego from putting a character in a set. It's similar but not the same. Besides, he's basically the main villain for season 7, so I don't think his solo version that's a book exclusive will rule him out of potential figures.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Don't forget they included the Unkar's thug guy in a set while he was supposed to be a book exclusive

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have a set list? 

Just some set numbers and prices. The only sets we know about are the buildable D-O, Stormtrooper Helmet, and Boba Fett Helmet coming in April. Aside from that, all that has been said is that the majority of the summer sets are prequel era

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't forget they included the Unkar's thug guy in a set while he was supposed to be a book exclusive

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that guy.

Anyway this is gonna be an interesting wave by the sound of things. Either it's gonna be a huge success or a massive flop.

Also we've reached a very important page number :laugh::laugh_hard:

16 hours ago, jdubbs said:

WI was hoping so but it doesn't look like it. Maybe as a VIP purchasable reward down the line at the LEGO Store?

Hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway this is gonna be an interesting wave by the sound of things. Either it's gonna be a huge success or a massive flop.

Also we've reached a very important page number :laugh::laugh_hard:

I could see d-0 becoming popular, but I feel like only collecters will buy the helmets. (personally I'm 100% planning on buying the boba fett helmet from this wave, but nothing else)

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I could see d-0 becoming popular, but I feel like only collecters will buy the helmets. (personally I'm 100% planning on buying the boba fett helmet from this wave, but nothing else)

I dunno. D-0 doesn't seem to have attracted the same level of attention as BB-8 or the porgs did... though I liked him in the movie. I'm curious to see how well these sell; I will probably hold off buying the helmets until it becomes clear whether LEGO plans to make more of them in 2021. Their track record of extended support for these offshoots is not so hot (constraction, brickheadz, etc.)

13 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I dunno. D-0 doesn't seem to have attracted the same level of attention as BB-8 or the porgs did... though I liked him in the movie. I'm curious to see how well these sell; I will probably hold off buying the helmets until it becomes clear whether LEGO plans to make more of them in 2021. Their track record of extended support for these offshoots is not so hot (constraction, brickheadz, etc.)

I am with you. D-0 was a minor character that misses the cuteness of the porgs and the constant appearance in every single trailer. I don't know what to think of the helmets.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

True. He was actually nice to see in the film and wasn't as made-soley-for-merch as the porgs or bb-9e were, but that works against him here.

Apparently there's this German youtuber  (posted in the Harry Potter topic) who went to the toy fair and has seen the sets. He couldn't talk about anything we didn't know yet, however (and my German is bad, so correct me if I'm wrong) but apparently the Advent Calendar comes with an exclusive Darth Vader with a Christmas sweater on which has a star on it (he might have said deathstar but I'm not sure about that). Can anyone who speaks German confirm this? (Not sure if I can post the video here, but it's over on the last page of the Harry Potter topic).

Btw, I must also say that I don't know if the YouTuber is a credible source. I don't know him. So take it with a grain of salt. Just thought it was worth sharing.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Apparently there's this German youtuber  (posted in the Harry Potter topic) who went to the toy fair and has seen the sets. He couldn't talk about anything we didn't know yet, however (and my German is bad, so correct me if I'm wrong) but apparently the Advent Calendar comes with an exclusive Darth Vader with a Christmas sweater on which has a star on it (he might have said deathstar but I'm not sure about that).

Yes, it's a death star. Besides that, he couldn't say anything about sets shown in the "secret room" due to his confidentiality agreement.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Good to hear the Advent Calendar is bringing back the Christmas themed minifigures.

Yeah it's been too long. I'm really excited for these.

So is the general feeling that there won't be many/any Mandalorian sets in the next wave, and as an extension to that what are people's thoughts on the likelihood of a moulded Blurrg appearing in the near future? 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

A very blurry picture of Grievous' Starfighter has leaked.

Apparently so. It uses last years box art. Can't really make out the figures besides Grievous, who appears to be the movie version rather than the clone wars. I wonder if it's real.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Hard to tell if it‘s real or not, but that looks cool :thumbup: Wonder if it‘s based on TCW or ROTS

I'd say both, purely because the new season of TCW will overlap with ROTS and Lego seems to have ditched the old TCW style figures, so the Grievous will be the same white one of late probably.