MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

A thought I just had:

Assuming that price list is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, and assuming that there aren't any other sets LEGO is hiding from us, this will be the first year since, I believe 2013, that we've only gotten two battle pack sets in a year rather than the four we've had for the past 6-7 years.  I'm intrigued by that, because it seems like if they pick the right scenes, BPs are basically guaranteed sellers.  

Only got two last year. 

Cheers all for the responses. 

16 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

A thought I just had:

Assuming that price list is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, and assuming that there aren't any other sets LEGO is hiding from us, this will be the first year since, I believe 2013, that we've only gotten two battle pack sets in a year rather than the four we've had for the past 6-7 years.  I'm intrigued by that, because it seems like if they pick the right scenes, BPs are basically guaranteed sellers.  

When I was younger I would literally be so content with two battle packs that went with each other e.g. Clone Walker Bp and Assassin Droid BP! 

Interesting find- Definitely the right choice imo.  

22 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

so, 3 $30-ish sets? Then a $50 set, then it just jumps to $80, $100, and around $150+?

If that's accurate (and assuming Lego-Freak's guess to be correct), I'm guessing a cruiser or other such large ship at the top, a fighter in the $80 slot, and some smaller vehicles in the $30 range. If most of them (around half) are PT-CW related, this might give us some clues as to what to expect.

So not a single location this whole year? I doubt your analyzis.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Cheers all for the responses. 

When I was younger I would literally be so content with two battle packs that went with each other e.g. Clone Walker Bp and Assassin Droid BP! 

Interesting find- Definitely the right choice imo.  

And I think that is exactly the problem with the BP lately. The Mandalorian Battle Pack might have nice figures, but what are kids supposed to do with them? There are no larger vehicles to man with those figures nor are there some enemies to fight against. And there were many of those sets, in an empty room without the counterpart or even better a set they complement with.

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So according to the Instagram leaks most sets are clone wars/prequel based. I'm getting pretty excited now.

I just need a new phase 2 rex.... and ashoka.... and maul.. and maybe finally cody... oh boy.. this is exciting 

Edited by legosamsonite

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So according to the Instagram leaks most sets are clone wars/prequel based. I'm getting pretty excited now.

This is posted by Falconfan so it's pretty legit. Yay then! I've been waiting for more pt/ cw sets for a long time, hope they are good!

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

So not a single location this whole year? I doubt your analyzis.

Maybe the duel on Exegol? :shrug_confused: That's the only relevant location I could see in the next wave.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So much for the "proven facts" that no CW stuff is coming. :) But i will wait for the confirmation to be sure.

27 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

This is posted by Falconfan so it's pretty legit. Yay then! I've been waiting for more pt/ cw sets for a long time, hope they are good!

FalconFan reposted the info from Landino, fwiw. 

If the sets are based on prequel era and or TCW and according to the list of sets from Libraria Rayuela , i do not see any AT-TE or LAAT/I. No price seems to correspond, only one is close but too expensive compared to what we have seen.

Just now, w219 said:

If the sets are based on prequel era and or TCW and according to the list of sets from Libraria Rayuela , i do not see any AT-TE or LAAT/I. No price seems to correspond, only one is close but too expensive compared to what we have seen.

Don't forget the prices on Libraria Rayuela are way higher than they'd normally be. The 175 euro set would come down to ~$130-140 which is pretty much what you'd expect for a LAAT/i

This doesn't bode too well for more TROS sets :sad: I still hope there's at least one or two... Didn't one of the leakers (FalconFan perhaps?) discretely hint at Cardo and Kuruk minifigs a couple of weeks ago? I can't remember if it was one of our trustworthy sources or not...

They are not that far from normal prices.
And LAAT/I and AT-TE always come together, it would be weird to release only one without the other one.
I think the big set is going to be a Venator set. Box dimensions and weight are close to Lego 8039.

Edited by w219

I made the prices of the new sets (from the Spanish retailer) match the rest of the sets on that website (the prices are too high). They could be 5€ more or less, but I did some really precise research (note that cheaper sets are easier to adjust):

75276 and 75277 (helmets) are 60€.

75278 (D-O) is 70€.

75279 (advent) is 30€, like always.

75280 is 30€.

75281 is 30€.

75282 is 40€.

75283 is 70€.

75284 is 80€.

75286 is 140€.

Of course there are more sets coming - 75274 ($70; April/May wave), 75275 (May D2C), and even more in 2HY (75285, 75287, 75288 and 75291, the last one is a "MDP" set).

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

This doesn't bode too well for more TROS sets :sad: I still hope there's at least one or two... Didn't one of the leakers (FalconFan perhaps?) discretely hint at Cardo and Kuruk minifigs a couple of weeks ago? I can't remember if it was one of our trustworthy sources or not...

There are definitely more TROS sets, but probably not many.

34 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

FalconFan reposted the info from Landino, fwiw. 

Still he doesn't repost news that aren't legit so...

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

These 2 could be in a retail exclusive set which usually don't get revealed this far ahead.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Let's hope so. I've checked the number of sets for the third waves of the other ST films: TFA's had two sets while TLJ's only had one (two if you count the Porg). If they repeat the same pattern as with TLJ and only release one TROS set, Palpy's Throne is the most obvious candidate. The similarities would be quite striking actually: a location set based on the big bad's throne (Snoke/the Senate), minifigs of Rey and Kylo/Ben plus two characters acting as guards (Praetorians/KoR). If that were the case, I'd be pretty happy with this wave. Still bummed about the lack of Mando sets though :hmpf_bad: :grin:

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

YES, CLONE WARS!!!!!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I see Josiah's ''facts'' aged well....

Lol

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

I just need a new phase 2 rex.... and ashoka.... and maul.. and maybe finally cody... oh boy.. this is exciting 

For you and as a reminder for everyone, please don't turn this thread into a wish list.

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I made the prices of the new sets (from the Spanish retailer) match the rest of the sets on that website (the prices are too high). They could be 5€ more or less, but I did some really precise research (note that cheaper sets are easier to adjust):

75276 and 75277 (helmets) are 60€.

75278 (D-O) is 70€.

75279 (advent) is 30€, like always.

75280 is 30€.

75281 is 30€.

75282 is 40€.

75283 is 70€.

75284 is 80€.

75286 is 140€.

Of course there are more sets coming - 75274 ($70; April/May wave), 75275 (May D2C), and even more in 2HY (75285, 75287, 75288 and 75291, the last one is a "MDP" set).

There are a few problems in the above post. 75282 is not among the sets being released in the "summer" wave. 75288 is, however. 75286 is definitely not 140€... if it were, people would scream bloody murder. The other "even more 2HY" sets you list are not included in the 2HY retail catalog, so as of today there is no reason to believe they will be released. Possibly one or two may show up as a retail store exclusive, possibly they could be a bonus wave very late in the year (or were pushed to next year), but more likely some or all just get skipped, as a handful of set numbers get skipped every year. And, before anyone parrots what a certain YouTuber said about "MDP", no it does not stand for "Mandalorian Disney Plus". 

As I mentioned yesterday, you should treat all pricing at this point as guesstimates. 

I’m just glad we’re getting Clone Wars sets. The least I’m hoping for is an updated CW Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Maul, and Bo Katan. That may even be too much to hope for. A 332nd Rex would be great but I don’t have a lot of hope for that. I’m not expecting a bunch of background clones or Jedi as great as that would be. I typically just rely on CloneArmyCustoms for my clones (they just released a Sergeant Hound figure btw). But the five figures listed above are what I really hope for, and I think three of them are pretty safe bets

I was wondering, what were the latest retail exclusives?

I don't remember any for at least a few years now. I say that because, some are speculating a retail exclusive or two, is there any validity to that?

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I was wondering, what were the latest retail exclusives?

I don't remember any for at least a few years now. I say that because, some are speculating a retail exclusive or two, is there any validity to that?

Target did a brickhead two pack in October and a Vader bust before that (con leftovers). Amazon had Vader’s Castle about 15 months ago.