MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

This all becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. LEGO releases a disappointing offering to begin with, it sells poorly, and then they make even less.

It's all speculation still, so I'll wait and see. We could still be pleasantly surprised!

I still stick by my original opinion that Lego have recently flooded the market with poorly made and highly priced sets and Ihope that Lego slows down a bit. I'm sure they would do a lot better if they released less but better thought of and executed sets.

I remember, not so long ago, when many of us anticipated with excitement the yearly wave of sets and most of the time we were not disappointed with their quality and content. That nostalgia is becoming stronger now.

If the prequels are getting some love this year it better be aotc. There are so many scenes still missing. But to be honest so are tpm and rots scenes. We still haven't had Boss Nass for example. But I doubt we'll see anything we haven't seen before.

I guess they are just slowly getting afraid to take risks with sets and are mostly only releasing 'remakes' of vehicles that usually did well. But I don't really think that's on Lego, it's the star wars merchandising in general that rather keeps things save. Which after some time becomes the least save thing they could.

No Mandalorian or Clone Wars sets would be disappointing but I have no issues with going back to the Prequel Trilogy. There are still a LOT of scenes and characters from all three films that are still missing and even from a remake perspective enough time has passed since they last released anything from the Battles of Naboo and Geonosis. In the case of Jango's Slave I and Bounty Hunter Pursuit its been almost 20 years since their last release and they're both long overdue for another appearance.

Just now, wesker said:

No Mandalorian or Clone Wars sets would be disappointing but I have no issues with going back to the Prequel Trilogy. There are still a LOT of scenes and characters from all three films that are still missing and even from a remake perspective enough time has passed since they last released anything from the Battles of Naboo and Geonosis. In the case of Jango's Slave I and Bounty Hunter Pursuit its been almost 20 years since their last release and they're both long overdue for another appearance.

Agreed, the Prequel Trilogy never gets any love from LEGO these days, and I'd love to see any of the numerous vehicles, locations, and characters that we either haven't seen since 2002 or haven't seen at all. That being said, getting the umpteenth remake of a turbo tank, Naboo Fighter without any new or interesting techniques, or AT-AP/Droid Gunship pairing would seem like a waste of a slot.

Shame about no new TCW sets, at least this year. Was really looking forward to the possibility of getting them.

38 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

It’s basically a fact by now. I’d hate to be the one to break it to you but I’m sure no clone wars sets. If it’s too good to be true then it probably is. There is more than enough evidence to prove that it won’t happen (in this next wave at least). There was only person (who I think was there) who said the wave will only be mediocre (witch is very sad for TLG). And I suggest you take my word for it unless someone comes out says specifically otherwise.

Your definition of "fact" seems a bit iffy to me. And it's interesting to me that you've started qualifying your rather grandiose statements as applying to just the next wave, since that wave is largely a known quantity at this point... 

36 minutes ago, legolandia said:

I still stick by my original opinion that Lego have recently flooded the market with poorly made and highly priced sets and Ihope that Lego slows down a bit. I'm sure they would do a lot better if they released less but better thought of and executed sets.

Careful what you wish for. LEGO may read the "less" part but skip the "better thought of and executed" bit. :) 

I'm not surprised there aren't new Clone Wars sets. The Rebels and Resistance sets sold really poorly, and the shows were actually aired across the globe. Clone Wars s7 will only be available in like three countries.

And tbh, I don't see Clone Wars s7 being too popular with kids. The prequel era isn't the newest thing in Star Wars anymore and they'd need to watch like fifty hours of Clone Wars. I imagine a lot of kids are going to try starting with s7, get confused, and give up. 

So overall, I doubt Clone Wars sets would sell particularly well.

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'll rephrase: If we get another non-wookie centric set (and not the Ornithopter, or Catamaran), then I'll be pissed. We have enough AT-APs and Droid Gunships.

We can't get another at-ap or HMP gunship, the origional ones would still be on shelves. (In terrible nemoldian impression) "they can't do that...shoot them, or something"

Honestly, we know it won't be at-ap, droid gunship, or AT-RT, so anything else from kashyyyk (Or ROTS in general) would be great. My only worry is that it'll be a ton of Battle of Naboo stuff from TPM and then the Wheel Bike from ROTS.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Your definition of "fact" seems a bit iffy to me. And it's interesting to me that you've started qualifying your rather grandiose statements as applying to just the next wave, since that wave is largely a known quantity at this point... 

I agree, he's decided his theory is 100% confirmed. Yes, it's unlikely, but saying it's proven when it definately hasn't been is a terrible idea, especially when on this set "it would be cool if they made ____" gets turned into "_____ UCS set confirmed" within approx. 3.7 seconds

25 minutes ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I'm not surprised there aren't new Clone Wars sets. The Rebels and Resistance sets sold really poorly, and the shows were actually aired across the globe. Clone Wars s7 will only be available in like three countries.

And tbh, I don't see Clone Wars s7 being too popular with kids. The prequel era isn't the newest thing in Star Wars anymore and they'd need to watch like fifty hours of Clone Wars. I imagine a lot of kids are going to try starting with s7, get confused, and give up. 

So overall, I doubt Clone Wars sets would sell particularly well.

Nah I doubt that. While Rebels indeed didn't do too well after it's first wave, that could be blamed on the uninteresting choice of vehicles and poor figure selection.

Resistance did indeed sold poorly. Again there was a terrible vehicle and figure selection. They included figures that were unimportant to the show. Gave us only 1 true main character. And while the children most likely want the aces ships to race against each other, they got a resistance vehicle and 1 ace ship, which wasn't even the one from the main character and also the only one without any colour.

The Clone wars will do well with both teen fans who grew up with the show as adult fans. That's already quite some people. Than there's the kids, who really don't care if they've watched every single episode to buy the sets. Even though they might have watched all of them because it became easily available for them to watch on disney+. And most of them probably do know you start a serie with its first season. Unless they would purposely go to disney+ and manually click on the last season, because disney+ just starts the show on the first episode. They might only skip the movie. Besides they usually only care if the set looks cool or not.

Ok, let me get this clear. This year, we are getting two waves, advent calendar and two UCS sets:

April - Stormtrooper bust, Boba Fett bust, D-O and an unknown set (75274 and 75276-75278; all of them are $70)

May - UCS (75275)

June - wave of sets (75280-75291?)

September - Advent Calendar (75279)

Unknown - another UCS

And none of those sets are Mandalorian ones? Not even one set? No Clone Wars sets? What about TROS?

I’m still sceptical regarding the Mandalorian. Surely Lego release a RazorCrest. 

Regarding Clone Wars I’m shocked. Perfect opportunity for fantastic sets. People underestimate children- if they like Star Wars they’ll watch the other seasons or episodes that sound exciting... 

Before we all get angry with Lego let’s wait and see. I wouldn’t be all surprised however if what’s been said is true considering Lego’s downfall began when they released a downscaled MTT and AAT back in 2014/15 let’s be real. 

Prequel sets sound alright but not really desired considering what’s on right now. They’ll be boring remakes aswell for sure that don’t IMPROVE what we’ve had already. 

The wave will be definitely filled with TROS for sure. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I could see them releasing a Dooku vs Yoda set again as a little battle scene. Been a few years since we got a Dooku; his lightsaber is still chrome plated after all. Or at least some of them still will be ...

I'd like a set with Dooku in it. Maybe his solar sailor, or an invisible hand finally. The sailor could still include Yoda too.

If they do any ROTS sets, I'd like a break from Kashyyyk for now. ARC-170, AT-OT, UT-AT and the likes, or a proper Tri-Droid. Maybe an Ornithopter from Kashyyyk to give the Wookies some love.

AOTC is easy with Jango's Slave I (a bit unlikely given the 20th anniversary one), Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake, and maybe a SPHA-T tank.

TPM is the hardest, as all of the major vehicles have been remade recently (well, "recently" as in 5 years), but maybe a decent sized MTT like the old 2007 one? Something palace related?

So if we are getting prequel sets, I'm guessing something along the lines above. But again. fingers crossed they do something cool.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'd like a break from Kashyyyk for now .... Maybe an Ornithopter from Kashyyyk to give the Wookies some love.

So do you want something Kashyyyk related or not? :laugh_hard:

All joking aside I know what you mean. Wookiee-based Kashyyyk sets are appreciated, clone-based not so much

Yeah, a wave of mostly prequel remakes wouldn’t be all that bad. Sure, not what most of us wanted, but I could live with that if they at least give us a final wave of TROS sets to cover the remaining missing characters and vehicles :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, a wave of mostly prequel remakes wouldn’t be all that bad. Sure, not what most of us wanted, but I could live with that if they at least give us a final wave of TROS sets to cover the remaining missing characters and vehicles :shrug_oh_well:

The thing is, you just can't please everyone, especially as Lego has had to spread the Star Wars sets over much more content in the past few years. Many people, myself included have wanted Lego to show some more prequel love (and I include TPM in this statement) so I feel more optimistic than ominous about this year. That's not to say of course that I will like or totally agree with the direction Lego takes with any new prequel sets, but it feels like a step in the right direction to me. Add this to the fact that the Republic Gunship has been put into the mix for the UCS vote and it feels like Lego may be recognising that there is enough desire for more prequel content. It's good to see that prequel sets don't automatically = hate. :)

I can understand LEGO possibly moving to more prequel/OT sets  when they have a bit of breathing room, it's sort of how LEGO In-house Space  (2007-2013) existed.

Also there's a rumor that new movies would be set in an entirely different time (400 years before E1?)

Edited by TeriXeri

The first episode of the Mandalorian first aired in November, it's only two and a half months old. I'd much rather wait to get, for example, the Razor Crest with a new Baby Yoda mold, than Lego push out a set now without one.

There is absolutely no rush. 

13 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Careful what you wish for. LEGO may read the "less" part but skip the "better thought of and executed" bit. :) 

It is a fact there’s no way I’m wrong. I’ve heard from someone who’s was there (supposedly). I have never met this person but he seems legit. And has specially asked to remain anonymous. I’m not say he’s 100% right he may even be a faker. I don’t even trust him fully but I’m 100% sure no clone wars sets, and if there is I will be shocked.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Many people, myself included have wanted Lego to show some more prequel love (and I include TPM in this statement) so I feel more optimistic than ominous about this year. That's not to say of course that I will like or totally agree with the direction Lego takes with any new prequel sets, but it feels like a step in the right direction to me. 

I think there is potential for some good TROS sets so I’m fine with that! 

I have on this forum been vocal regarding my desire for prequel sets. The problem is I just sense Lego will rehash the ‘classic sets’ such as the Naboo Starfighters, Sith Infiltrators, Vulture Droids, Jedi starfighters etc rather than releasing something either completely new or well in need of a re-release. 

TPM for example would be great to have a Gian Speeder, AAT, Republic Cruiser and Landing Craft. 

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m still sceptical regarding the Mandalorian. Surely Lego release a RazorCrest. 

Regarding Clone Wars I’m shocked. Perfect opportunity for fantastic sets. People underestimate children- if they like Star Wars they’ll watch the other seasons or episodes that sound exciting... 

Before we all get angry with Lego let’s wait and see. I wouldn’t be all surprised however if what’s been said is true considering Lego’s downfall began when they released a downscaled MTT and AAT back in 2014/15 let’s be real. 

Prequel sets sound alright but not really desired considering what’s on right now. They’ll be boring remakes aswell for sure that don’t IMPROVE what we’ve had already. 

The wave will be definitely filled with TROS for sure. 

Dont think people should be suprised, lego has to plan sets, and its very much possible they were not satisfied with the concept art, if they even got any. I think its very likely Mandalorian sets come next year.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So do you want something Kashyyyk related or not? :laugh_hard:

All joking aside I know what you mean. Wookiee-based Kashyyyk sets are appreciated, clone-based not so much

:laugh:

Hopefully we'll get at least a few gems next wave, even if the wave overall is a flop.

We haven't got a real hitter in a few years.

35 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

It is a fact there’s no way I’m wrong. I’ve heard from someone who’s was there (supposedly). I have never met this person but he seems legit. And has specially asked to remain anonymous. I’m not say he’s 100% right he may even be a faker. I don’t even trust him fully but I’m 100% sure no clone wars sets, and if there is I will be shocked.

If you look up the definition of fact you will find it does not say something heard from someone who supposedly was somewhere who may or may not be a faker. :laugh:

38 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

there’s no way I’m wrong...

I’ve heard from someone who’s was there (supposedly). ..

He seems legit...

I’m not say he’s 100% right he may even be a faker. I don’t even trust him fully...

but I’m 100% sure no clone wars sets, and if there is I will be shocked...

"I am 100% certain that what I say is kinda maybe possibly true."

So is this no Clone Wars sets rumor coming from this may-be-right-or-may-be-wrong guy or from you? Do you believe 100% there will be no Clone Wars sets because this anonymous guy told you so or because it's just something you believe?

On 1/27/2020 at 6:30 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I paid full price and don’t regret it one bit. The figures are great (the Tusken is new, for now only in this and Ben’s Hut). The Bantha build is great, but I feel like it’s worth $20 because you get two figures, the Bantha, and some spare parts, which are never a waste in my book

Does the Bantha have an extra set of horns in the spare pieces?

15 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

It’s basically a fact by now. I’d hate to be the one to break it to you but I’m sure no clone wars sets. If it’s too good to be true then it probably is. There is more than enough evidence to prove that it won’t happen (in this next wave at least). There was only person (who I think was there) who said the wave will only be mediocre (witch is very sad for TLG). And I suggest you take my word for it unless someone comes out says specifically otherwise.

We do not look kindly on people who drop into the forum stating opinions as facts. Please read the first post for this topic before posting again.

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I said the same thing about the Fireball for Resistance. And yet it hasn't been made yet. I hope we get a Razor Crest, but there is no guarantee.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Does the Bantha have an extra set of horns in the spare pieces?

Jang showed himself getting an extra set of horns with his Bantha set so I think so. ? Perfect set for finishing off all those Wampas and Tauntauns that seem to be floating around without any horns. ?