MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

No TCW sets coming I’m almost 99% positive 

That’s extremely disappointing and just doesn’t make sense. What are they thinking

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s extremely disappointing and just doesn’t make sense. What are they thinking

It makes wanna sell all my LEGO I’m being dead serious I have given up hope in them as a business and corporation.

Hm, no (or very few) Mando sets and no TCW sets... What are the majority of sets based on then? TROS? I wouldn't mind that at all actually. More remakes? Depends on what those are (anything but more Hoth stuff!). 4+? Cute, but there wouldn't more than a handful of those anyway. Action Battle? These didn't do so well, so I don't see them revisiting the concept. Which leaves us with two options if it's none of the above that makes this wave so bad (allegedly): an original subtheme like Freemakers / Yoda Chronicles or a new type of set that takes up many of the slots à la Planets or Microfighters.

Still, none of these choices above scream 'so bad I'll quit the hobby' bad to me. :shrug_oh_well: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, no (or very few) Mando sets and no TCW sets... What are the majority of sets based on then? TROS? I wouldn't mind that at all actually. More remakes? Depends on what those are (anything but more Hoth stuff!). 4+? Cute, but there wouldn't more than a handful of those anyway. Action Battle? These didn't do so well, so I don't see them revisiting the concept. Which leaves us with two options if it's none of the above that makes this wave so bad (allegedly): an original subtheme like Freemakers / Yoda Chronicles or a new type of set that takes up many of the slots à la Planets or Microfighters.

Still, none of these choices above scream 'so bad I'll quit the hobby' bad to me. :shrug_oh_well: 

It seems that bad when you compare it to TCW and Mando which would make crazy money. I just didn’t think Lego was this stupid

12 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

No TCW sets coming I’m almost 99% positive 

This sentence presents itself as a fact, but then turns out to be an opinion... or a guess?

Just now, jdubbs said:

This sentence presents itself as a fact, but then turns out to be an opinion... or a guess?

Honestly I’m just stating a high educated guess. I almost promise you we won’t see any clone wars sets at least until the august wave hits.

I seriously had high hopes in LEGO this year but as they always do is let me down. Might just give up LEGO as a whole because clearly it’s not the same experience as it used to be when the seat were actually good. By them not making mando or TCW sets LEGO missed a real opportunity to please fans and make money. TCW and mando sets are like they’re own money printers that’s like pretty easy money for LEGO right there I’m not gonna lie.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It seems that bad when you compare it to TCW and Mando which would make crazy money. I just didn’t think Lego was this stupid

Well, I know I've said myself that not releasing a set with Baby Yoda as soon as possible would be a stupid move, but then again, when did TLG learn of its existence? Set design usually takes a year, so if they didn't know about him last summer, there's no wonder he's nowhere to be seen. Since Baby Yoda almost certainly shows up in season 2, they could still release him in a set early next year though. :classic:

As for TCW, there's no real excuse there. We've known for quite a while that season 7 would hit D+ this year. The only excuse is that the last few TCW sets might not have done so well, but it still seems rather silly to ignore the show in favor of the bazillionth Landspeeder or Hoth set

Honestly I’m just stating a high educated guess. I almost promise you we won’t see any clone wars sets at least until the august wave hits.

Okay, but that's not really what you said before. And people ran with that, and accepted your not-well-labeled guess as a fact that there are no CW sets coming all year. If you're going to make guesses, label them as such, and be clear. Otherwise people misinterpret and get themselves worked up into a lather when maybe they don't need to.

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You saying that LEGO has nothing else to give us other than TCW and Mandolorian is my thoughts exactly. But I did hear there were no clone wars sets. So idk what is going on at LEGO’s front office right now. The facts that’s you have presented have given me just a tad bit of hope for TCW sets.

Just now, Robianco said:

Mandalorian no.

Prequel yes.

There you go. There’s my proof right there no LEGO clone wars sets now I’m 100% certain.

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I just don’t understand their mentality here. It’s obvious what fans want. I don’t get it. I’ll wait until we get more specifics before completely losing hope but this does not bode well at all

From the perspective of TLG it is understandable.  Resistance sets didn't sell well.  Clone wars sets didn't sell well originally.

Clone Wars fans are a very vocal minority.  I don't think they would sell as well as some people seem to think they would.

Just now, Robianco said:

Mandalorian no.

Prequel yes.

My rehash sense is tingling. So it's either a bunch of TPM remakes as @BacktoBricks jokingly predicted and / or a bunch of ROTS remakes, with AOTC being ignored as always :tongue:

TROS yes or no though?

3 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

There you go. There’s my proof right there no LEGO clone wars sets now I’m 100% certain.

I need a bag of popcorn for this.

21 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

From the perspective of TLG it is understandable.  Resistance sets didn't sell well.  Clone wars sets didn't sell well originally.

Clone Wars fans are a very vocal minority.  I don't think they would sell as well as some people seem to think they would.

I’m not so sure, Clone Wars has a massive fan base and is arguably the best thing to come out of the newer canon. I think the majority of fans that explore more of SW than just the films are Clone Wars fans

There will be no clone wars sets and that’s 100% proven now.

Do you have an inside source or are you just guessing? Sounds more like the later.

47 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Mandalorian no.

Prequel yes.

Honestly, this makes me happy. I thought last year would be kind to the prequels what with TPM anniversary, but it was a let down to say the least. So as a prequel baby I'm looking forward to seeing what this year brings.

Why we're people expecting Mandalorian sets in the summer wave in the first place? LEGO didn't know about The Mandalorian's popularity untill it actually came out in november, and we all know how long it takes for them to design a set.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

And I can't get into specifics other than to say 2020 looks pretty meager for anyone collecting system-scale sets.

Bad for the collection, good for the wallet

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

but at least my wallet will be happy. More money for Harry Potter

My thoughts exactly

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

with AOTC being ignored as always :tongue:

I really hate how that movie is always ignored. Sure the dialogue is awfull and some scenes are really awkward but overall it was pretty enjoyable

2 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

A few people expressing their opinion doesn't confirm anything in the slightest

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

In that case I'm not going to speculate on what info they had (or thought they had). And I can't get into specifics other than to say 2020 looks pretty meager for anyone collecting system-scale sets.

That's seriously unfortunate.

49 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Mandalorian no.

Prequel yes.

So clone wars era, at least? Specifically prequel films, or could we see anything clone wars?

4 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Please stop posting your guesses as if they're leaks or confirmed information

It's not even just about fan base with Clone Wars - kids love(d) it, and given the reported numbers of signups for Disney+, kids will be watching the new episodes too. Not making any supporting products would be insane on LEGO's part.

Insane yes, but surprising? Not really. They started throwing in the towel with animated shows before Clone Wars even went off the air initially. They bothered to switch to Phase II armour but then never made any of the commanders, only Captain Red, for example. Then with Rebels, the initial wave was pretty strong, but after that it was very measly and once again they missed some major characters like Maul and Seventh Sister, and some of the sets weren't very interesting (an A-Wing and Vader's Tie barely had any relation to Rebels really). Finally with Resistance, over-priced and next to nothing. When LEGO doesn't release a whole crew of characters, there feels like no point picking up just the few that they do release.

This all becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. LEGO releases a disappointing offering to begin with, it sells poorly, and then they make even less.

It's all speculation still, so I'll wait and see. We could still be pleasantly surprised!

I'm a little disappointed with no Mando sets. But even with Prequels having the green light, Robianco's "thing'll be heating up" comment hints that it'll once again be Gungans and Kashyyyk crap.

I like the prequels, but if we get another TPM wave and another Kashyyyk set, I will be pissed.

But, fingers crossed we get something cool.

5 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I like the prequels, but if we get another TPM wave and another Kashyyyk set, I will be pissed.

I would buy one of those treehouse thingies in a heartbeat

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I would buy one of those treehouse thingies in a heartbeat

I'll rephrase: If we get another non-wookie centric set (and not the Ornithopter, or Catamaran), then I'll be pissed. We have enough AT-APs and Droid Gunships.

10 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

We have enough AT-APs and Droid Gunships.

The last versions of those two were released in January 2019, so I doubt they're among the lineup. Some sets get remade quickly *cough* Landspeeder *cough*, but not that quickly :wink: The Juggernaut/Turbo Tank on the other hand... :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Do you have an inside source or are you just guessing? Sounds more like the later.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why we're people expecting Mandalorian sets in the summer wave in the first place? LEGO didn't know about The Mandalorian's popularity untill it actually came out in november, and we all know how long it takes for them to design a set.

Bad for the collection, good for the wallet

My thoughts exactly

I really hate how that movie is always ignored. Sure the dialogue is awfull and some scenes are really awkward but overall it was pretty enjoyable

A few people expressing their opinion doesn't confirm anything in the slightest

It’s basically a fact by now. I’d hate to be the one to break it to you but I’m sure no clone wars sets. If it’s too good to be true then it probably is. There is more than enough evidence to prove that it won’t happen (in this next wave at least). There was only person (who I think was there) who said the wave will only be mediocre (witch is very sad for TLG). And I suggest you take my word for it unless someone comes out says specifically otherwise.