MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

58 minutes ago, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

I don't understand your point, the Hasbro poll with Jaina has been somehow messed with but only after the "open" period in which everyone was allowed to name the figure he wanted, so saying Jaina was purely voted for in spite is incorrect as her even gaining enough mentions to end up in the final vote was a hard enough battle as is. The Jaina figure in question has been a good seller, just not as good as Revan and that in spite of Hasbro tricking people by giving her a Jedi robe outfit in the polls pictures but going for a generic black overall in the final product which isn't as familiar an outfit for the character and especially makes even less sense in a line that can't support 1/12 scale X-Wings to go along with a pilot uniform.

It's been quite some time since then so I guess I might have miss remembered the details. I was just using it as a comparison but now that you mention it I think it's a wrong example. But I'm going too much of topic here. My point just was that looking at some of the comments under Instagram posts and youtube videos people are kinda voting for the wrong reasons (I think most of us have seen them by now) which I don't think will help their cause, quite the opposite. But I'm sure that doesn't apply to any of us here. My apologies for bringing up that Hasbro poll.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Do you all think the winning UCS will release this May? The 2009 vote was held in May, I think, and the Home One set was released the following August - just two months later.

The voting page says "one of the next UCS", not just"the next", which makes me think it'll be a much later release.

10 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Do you all think the winning UCS will release this May? The 2009 vote was held in May, I think, and the Home One set was released the following August - just two months later.

The voting page says "one of the next UCS", not just"the next", which makes me think it'll be a much later release.

Pretty unlikely. I’d expect sometime 2021, maybe early 2022. If they already have designs for all three and the poll is just ‘which of these should go to production’, it might be released around Christmas this year, but I doubt that. 

10 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I wouldn’t have thought they’d have it so close to release. Even if they had the artwork ready for the box etc I’d say they’d wait for release. Logistically they’d have the boxes and instructions out for print already and be well into their distribution process for the next UCS Id say. Especially if it is an early May release.

One of the 3 is probably already designed and ready to be produced in mass. Tie bomber is not that iconic and there is no way we'll get a minifig scale Nebulon frigate.

-> Gunship.

I would love any one of these to happen to be honest. But a UCS scale Republic Gunship would be a dream come true. Favorite ship in the franchise. The Nebulon would be great but it just has a very uninteresting look to it for me and it would probably be very expensive. I don’t vote for things JUST for being from the OT either. I just never saw the hype about the frigate. The TIE Bomber would be really nice in UCS scale but not as exciting as the Gunship

7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Aye aye, minimod!

:roflmao:

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

Mods. Sort this rubbish out.

I agree, people are getting way to angry about this, and now there's a ton of tangentially related comments about a poll for stuff that's not even lego?

3 hours ago, G59 said:

One of the 3 is probably already designed and ready to be produced in mass. Tie bomber is not that iconic and there is no way we'll get a minifig scale Nebulon frigate.

-> Gunship.

They might have some concepts for them, but they wouldn't get only one completely designed and ready, and lego doesn't strike me as type of company that would put out a poll and not actually listen to the results, nor as the type that would get one ready and just bank on it being the one that wins.

As I've stated before, personally I'm hoping the nebuleon-b wins and we get a system scale gunship over the summer, but whichever one you voted for (AND whichever one ends up winning), I respect your choice as long as you REMEMBER TO BE CIVIL. This is a fun poll for a new lego set, and the worst thing we can do we already have. It doesn't matter if we're sending a prequel or OT message, or even if voting for those sets would send that message, because what this forum is sending right now is that UCS fans have no courtsey and can't have a logical debate with others.

*Insert "how uncivilized" GIF here*

Thank goodness, i was looking at the 2019 set discussion page wondering why nobody was posting anymore and remembered that the discussion page changes every year?

I voted for the Nebulon B because it might be the only chance we get to vote for an official Rebel Friend!

22 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

Thank goodness, i was looking at the 2019 set discussion page wondering why nobody was posting anymore and remembered that the discussion page changes every year?

I voted for the Nebulon B because it might be the only chance we get to vote for an official Rebel Friend!

Lol, of course!

In all seriousness minifigs will probably not be too numerous here, but I could see rebel friend for the nebuleon-b, or jedi bob for the gunship (bomber doesn't have any figures like that related too it, and also seems to have the least support), showing up in whichever UCS set ends up winning if enough people write them in.

Probably it'd be something like clone pilot (x2) clone trooper, jedi bob, or rebel trooper, ESB luke, leia, rebel friend.

16 hours ago, Terrasher said:

As I wrote in a previous post, the 2006 electronic AT-AT was released 1 or 1,5 years after its poll. 1 to 2 is most likely with the statement that it is just "one" not "the next".

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They might have some concepts for them, but they wouldn't get only one completely designed and ready, and lego doesn't strike me as type of company that would put out a poll and not actually listen to the results, nor as the type that would get one ready and just bank on it being the one that wins.

But one of these two things must have happened in case of the Home One Briefing Room set for it to be able to come out mere months after the poll. The design and production process is far longer than the 2 months it was left with back then. According to my memory of a statement from the designers the entire production processes of the UCS Slave One and newest UCS Star Destroyer took 1,5 to 2 years from inception to release. 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As I've stated before, personally I'm hoping the nebuleon-b wins and we get a system scale gunship over the summer, but whichever one you voted for (AND whichever one ends up winning), I respect your choice as long as you REMEMBER TO BE CIVIL. This is a fun poll for a new lego set, and the worst thing we can do we already have. It doesn't matter if we're sending a prequel or OT message, or even if voting for those sets would send that message, because what this forum is sending right now is that UCS fans have no courtsey and can't have a logical debate with others.

*Insert "how uncivilized" GIF here*

The only lack of courtesy I can spot is your own. Not even responding to and thus not considering arguments or another train of thought than your own as to why people think this is a general marketing survey from Lego. Rather you are trying to pose yourself as being in charge of the discussion by calling everyone involved illogical and uncivilized hiding the offense behind the lack of directly addressing the allegedly offensive sentences or comments.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I hate that mandr is directing people to vote. His audience is mostly teens and they do whatever he says. They probably won't buy it anyway, since the comments always say expensive to every star wars set. 

We don't have a chance for system scale nebulon but we are %80 getting gunship this summer. He probably don't even like it beecouse it won't be minifigure scale.

When I was younger I liked channels like just2good, mandr but now they are like children. They are so disrespectful(Jangbricks, space fans). 

Nevertheless I like the gunship and I would buy it. But I think nebulon is a more logical choice. 

17 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Much later release.Give it a year plus.

48 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

I hate that mandr is directing people to vote. His audience is mostly teens and they do whatever he says. They probably won't buy it anyway, since the comments always say expensive to every star wars set. 

We don't have a chance for system scale nebulon but we are %80 getting gunship this summer. He probably don't even like it beecouse it won't be minifigure scale.

When I was younger I liked channels like just2good, mandr but now they are like children. They are so disrespectful(Jangbricks, space fans). 

Nevertheless I like the gunship and I would buy it. But I think nebulon is a more logical choice. 

People are capable of making their own decisions. 

Many people here are very critical of people who want the Gunship and just generalising that we all must have been influenced by him. Ridiculous. 

The Gunship is excellent and so is the Frigate and I’d imagine the voting is pretty tight for it so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them both in the future. 

Haven’t seen so many grown people throw their toys out the pram in a long time. 

Hopefully Lego can bless us with more opportunities like this in the future! 

As far as I can tell there’s really only one person here who is out of line (I think we all know who, but I’ll leave it to the mods). Debate is natural for things like this, persuasion is natural, giving logical reasons why one would be a better choice than another is natural, it’s all part of the process and it’s nice to see how passionate people are about this. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t care. Let’s enjoy this rare treat Lego has given us and try to enjoy other perspectives on it. It’s pointless to bite heads off but it’s fun to debate

I hate to shut down semi-legitimate discussion, but we've had a lot of pages of talk about the UCS vote and not all of it has been relevant to this thread. So before you decide to post more about what may or may not happen with the UCS vote and why, go back and read the last 5 pages. Then wait a day. Then come back and discuss. I think we need to give this train of thought a brief pause. Thank you.

Does anyone know about the baby yoda brickheads rumour. Is it legit? 

I don't think they would release it before the actual figure. 

3 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

They didn't specify which part of the year it would release in so it's probably legit. And BrickHeadz are probably far easier to design than let's say the Razorcrest.

The info comes from credible sources so I choose to believe it, what you do is up to you

I wouldn't be surprised if they're all released in the next 5 years, but time will tell.

I wouldn't mind either of them, but I voted for the Nebulon as i) it hasn't been done before and ii) it could be exceptional in UCS form if given a suitable (£500+) RRP.  I get the feeling that the Gunship will win though based on the near-frenzy of some comments; my only concern in terms of fairness is whether a proportion of those voting for it, will actually purchase it when it's available?  Perhaps in future LEGO might adopt a different approach; possibly by developing some prototypes, and then allowing a pre-order (with any achieving a certain level or orders being produced); I think the results could be significantly different!

I appreciate the TIE is destined to be a distant third, but I hope they'll do a UCS version at some point - it's an interesting design and I'd certainly buy it.

39 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

Brickheadz don't need new moulds. A minifigure would.

Since no toy company was producing Baby Yoda products before the show aired (since it was kept a surprise), it will take a long time to produce a minifigure mould for him. A Brickheadz is pretty easy to design and develop by comparison. 

8 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Brickheadz don't need new moulds. A minifigure would.

Since no toy company was producing Baby Yoda products before the show aired (since it was kept a surprise), it will take a long time to produce a minifigure mould for him. A Brickheadz is pretty easy to design and develop by comparison. 

Yeah this is most likely the reason. A last minute designed set just to cash in on his success as quickly as possible. Like you said, they probably started to design the set around the time baby yoda was announced, sadly meaning a real set with him is probably still at least a year away.

14 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah this is most likely the reason. A last minute designed set just to cash in on his success as quickly as possible. Like you said, they probably started to design the set around the time baby yoda was announced, sadly meaning a real set with him is probably still at least a year away.

So is it too optimistic of me to hope for a Razorcrest with Mando, Baby Yoda and at least one other character from the show in time for Christmas?

Also, do we think LEGO was told about any of the later stuff in the show? Because 

Spoiler

Gideon’s folding-wing TIE Fighter is basically a shoo-in to be made as a set. Preferably with a battle-damaged stormtrooper or two to back him up, and either Mando, Cara or IG-14 as the ‘token good guy’. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, do we think LEGO was told about any of the later stuff in the show? Because 

Hide contents

Gideon’s folding-wing TIE Fighter is basically a shoo-in to be made as a set. Preferably with a battle-damaged stormtrooper or two to back him up, and either Mando, Cara or IG-14 as the ‘token good guy’. 

Mando with a certain accessory (:wink:) would probably make the most sense in a set like that.  

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

People are capable of making their own decisions. 

Many people here are very critical of people who want the Gunship and just generalising that we all must have been influenced by him. Ridiculous. 

I can't speak for the individual you're quoting, but I think he's saying that most of the audience of those videos are people who will vote for whatever the video says, but he's not saying people in this specific thread/Eurobricks/everyone are influenced by a youtube campaign.  And personally, I think the original poster has a point, given how he managed to get people to (rather annoyingly) spam LEGO's social media pages with "Give us a 501st Battle Pack" for several years now.