MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

For some reason it won’t let me log into Lego Ideas so I can’t vote but the Gunship would have my vote too, although most people will probably vote for the Nebulon B

Hard decision to make, all three of them are very interesting. It’s already nice to know LEGO is thinking about these ships. I think it is a given all three sets will be released one day. Although a TIE bomber has the most chance of getting produced eventually, I chose this one. Perhaps a system scale would be more interesting, but a UCS version would give us the opportunity to complete our Imperial Starfighter fleet.

Wait, is this real???  The LEGO Group is really letting us vote on a UCS?

EDIT: I'm having trouble logging in as well, but for me it's going to be a toss-up between the Nebulon B or the Republic Gunship.  The Nebulon B would be a great edition to my Rebel fleet, and it has appeared in at least four of the live-action films, but objectively I think the Gunship has a much cooler design.  Plus the Gunship has the potential to be minifigure scale!

Edited by RogueTwo

Wow, fan vote for the next UCS is huge news and a great move IMO. I vote for the Nebulon B Frigate over the Republic Gunship purely because UCS is the only way we will get this ship. I’m hopeful they will (re)release a system scale Republic Gunship to coincide with S7 of The Clone Wars. 

Also just realized that the A-Wing and Venator are not options.  Hmmm.....

Edited by RogueTwo

I voted for Republic Gunship. :)

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Also just realized that the A-Wing and Venator are not options.  Hmmm.....

There are other ways to get these ships. =)

So we are finally allowed to vote on which SW set we will, be getting! That's great, my vote goes to Gunship simply because we haven't gotten PT ucs sets in forever! Btw given timeline of how Lego sets are developed it seem winning model will be released next year. Unless Lego actually has commissioned designs for all 3 models. Then I guess this October/ November seems like likely release date.

Props to Lego for this. None of the options particularly jump out for me though. Interesting that it also encourages voters to state which Minifigure they'd like included. What characters are mostly associated with each ship? Leia & Luke and R2 & 3PO at the end of ESB. TIE Bomber pilot. Clone Trooper. Anyone else more "interesting"??

Best part to me is that we are allowed to suggest a minifigure. This is an amazing opportunity to get some new or updated clone wars figures (without the weird eyes). I can't choose between an updated young ahsoka or satine. Although the latter doesn't really have anything to do with the gunship so probably not a high chance of getting made. Although Ahsoka might still have a chance to appear in real sets, and I don't wanna ruin that by putting her in a ucs set. Although then again, maybe she don't... Decisions decisions.

Which character did you guys choose?

Oooooh! That's so cool! 

I really don't know what to vote on though. I'm definetely not picking the TIE Bomber as I wouldn't buy that anyway (unless it was system scale) but choosing between the Nebulon B or the LAAT/i is kinda hard. On one hand we have a ship we've never had before and has some great minifigure potential (Nien Nunb anyone?) and on the other hand is one of my favorite ships in the entire franchise. Ugh decisions, decisions! But it looks like I have trouble logging in too so I guess that gives me some time to think about my vote.

I do wonder at what price we could expect the Nebulon B, if it's more than $300 I'll definetely pick the LAAT/i

Apparantly there was another one of these Star Wars fan votes in 2009 where our choices were Palpatine's Arrest, Slave I on Cloud City Landing Platform and a Mon Calamari Cruiser set. The vote was one by the Mon Calamari cruiser set but as we all know we did end up getting Palpatine's Arrest (normal set) and the Slave I on CCLP (part of the MSB set) so who knows wether or not we'll get all 3 of these eventually

Huh, still a lot of love for the Republic Gunship, apparently!
Personally I'm very happy with the system scale version that came out six or seven years ago and I have no more room for any UCS's, so I voted the Nebulon B Frigate, figuring that's what most of the LSW fans would like.
In addition, I chose a Nien Nunb figure for that same reason.

It's fantastic to see LEGO letting us vote like this. Let's hope they will do it more often!

Regards,
Mitch

I didn't vote since I'm not a fan of the UCS series - except for models that are at minifig scale like ~ the Millenium Falcon, and I do not vote for models I won't buy. If I had to, I'd chose the Nebulon B Frigate.

Obviously this rules out these sets for the May release. I am even more confident that will be an A-Wing. I also keep seeing UCS Venator comments. That obviously isn't going to happen for like 10 years if at all since 75252 just came out. A system scale one should be due though.

Cool to have this kind of vote on Ideas!

Haven't decided what to vote yet, all three are good candidates. Usually I'm just interested in OT stuff, but the Gunship is one of the very few vehicles from the PT that I like. The system scale ones were pretty good, so a slightly larger (but a lot more detailed) in the 2500-3000 piece range could be great.

Didn't manage to vote from my iphone, try later from the comp, but Nebula B, without a doubt, I have to sound grumpy that I wouldn't buy it if it became any of the others, I only buy UCS when they resemle larger vessels like star destroyers and such. 

Just now, LegoFjotten said:

Cool to have this kind of vote on Ideas!

Haven't decided what to vote yet, all three are good candidates. Usually I'm just interested in OT stuff, but the Gunship is one of the very few vehicles from the PT that I like. The system scale ones were pretty good, so a slightly larger (but a lot more detailed) in the 2500-3000 piece range could be great.

A UCS Gunship would never be made of 3000 parts.

52 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Obviously this rules out these sets for the May release. I am even more confident that will be an A-Wing. I also keep seeing UCS Venator comments. That obviously isn't going to happen for like 10 years if at all since 75252 just came out. A system scale one should be due though.

I would say it also rules out fall release, this cannot be planned for earlier than fall 2021

Just now, Sneakguest said:

I would say it also rules out fall release, this cannot be planned for earlier than fall 2021

I'm assuming the fall release will be a MBS set, but yes I agree. I can't imagine they would be able to finalize this in under a year. 

My vote for Nebulon B since I really don't like the oversized UCS models LEGO makes and I'd rather have minifigure scaled ships. Also, we never got any set from the rebel fleet asides from starships like the X-Wing, Y-Wing, etc. However, I think the Gunship might make the win because its more popular and recognizable to the general mass. The Nebulon and the bomber are a little more for hard fans. But either way, I'm glad LEGO is allowing fans to vote for a future UCS set. 

If I knew for absolute certain that a UCS LAAT/i would be true minifigure scale, it might have gotten my vote. I ended up voting for the Nebulon-B though, since it's never had any previous release whatsoever, and can only properly be done in UCS scale.

Voted for Nebulon B Frigate. Other 2 likely to be made again at some stage. I’d say winner arrives 2021 at earliest (although all 3 are probably in development already). 

As for 2020, with the 40th anniversary of ESB I wouldn’t bet against an AT-AT as UCS release