MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

True, but aren’t UCS sets designed years in advance?  The only instance of delaying one that I can recall was when they mucked with Assault on Hoth and released it six months later.  That was not due to speculated poor sales, though, AFAIK.  

Anyway, I’m super excited to see what May the Fourth 2020 May bring!

That's my point: they are designed a year or more in advance, and given Star Wars D2Cs typically have a shelf life of 2-3 years, it seems unlikely that LEGO would have planned another playset with Cloud City (not to mention the Death Star and the Tantive, which is play-oriented) theoretically still on shelves. But, who knows?

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know you have information sometimes, but I don't want to assume you're hinting at one because that's how false rumors start. Personally I think a capital ship is highly unlikely as the only one we've had recently is the ISD, and without any other information I think it's too early to tell. 

I am not trying to hint at anything, no. While I have read one report of what the fall D2C is supposed to be, the information is questionable so I'm not going to repeat it publicly.

49 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I am not trying to hint at anything, no. While I have read one report of what the fall D2C is supposed to be, the information is questionable so I'm not going to repeat it publicly.

Could you please PM me, just for fun?  :classic:

EDIT: Sorry if that’s inappropriate to ask

Edited by RogueTwo

21 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Could you please PM me, just for fun?  :classic:

EDIT: Sorry if that’s inappropriate to ask

If he did that he'd probably get hundreds of PM's from pretty much every leaker out there. Kinda defeats the purpose of keeping it to himself because the source is questionable

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If he did that he'd probably get hundreds of PM's from pretty much every leaker out there. Kinda defeats the purpose of keeping it to himself because the source is questionable

True enough.  My bad. 

On a different note, I’m kind of surprised none of the January sets have seen even the slightest discount in the US yet.  However, I think the Bantha Microfighter is well worth full price, not sure about the others...

Personally not interested by an UCS A Wing because it would be too big, far from minifig scale.

But nice for people who already have the Y Wing and others.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:07 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Not just the 501st, pretty much any legion will sell well (212th, Wolfpack etc.)

Exactly, as far as will LEGO be even considering making them....eh. Considering we haven’t had a 501st battle pack by now I’d say don’t get your hopes up. Sorry, but it is weird we haven’t seen one because hasn’t it been rumored for the past like 3-5 years? And they are super ICONIC in the Star Wars franchise.

26 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

hasn’t it been rumored for the past like 3-5 years?

I don't think there was ever a real rumour about it, people just started talking about it or making assumptions whenever we heard there was any battlepack in the next wave. 

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Exactly, as far as will LEGO be even considering making them....eh. Considering we haven’t had a 501st battle pack by now I’d say don’t get your hopes up. Sorry, but it is weird we haven’t seen one because hasn’t it been rumored for the past like 3-5 years? And they are super ICONIC in the Star Wars franchise.

That was just a ''movement'' started by MandRProductions. Part of me really hopes we'll never get a 501st battlepack, just to know lego doesn't acknowledge whining fans (seeing ''we want a 501st pack'' on pretty much every single socialmedia thing lego did drove me nuts)

Guys, we are dangerously close to the wishlist zone. Please re-consider before you post.

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That was just a ''movement'' started by MandRProductions. Part of me really hopes we'll never get a 501st battlepack, just to know lego doesn't acknowledge whining fans (seeing ''we want a 501st pack'' on pretty much every single socialmedia thing lego did drove me nuts)

Stop watching.  Vote with your views.  I agree.  The way he comes off is indicative of his age.

One positive thing about our hobby is that it appeals to a wide variety of age ranges.  There are plenty of other people producing Lego content.

I encourage you to not support the bad ones.  Unsubscribe.  Stop watching people who dont produce high quality, mature, well thought out content.  

Edited by lego the hutt

Regardless of the merits or faults of MandR’s videos, I think his campaign for that battle pack actually worked against his goal of getting it ever made. It just became so obnoxious in its pervasiveness that I think LEGO won’t ever make it a reality, for fear of encouraging more campaigns like that. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

Regardless of the merits or faults of MandR’s videos, I think his campaign for that battle pack actually worked against his goal of getting it ever made. It just became so obnoxious in its pervasiveness that I think LEGO won’t ever make it a reality, for fear of encouraging more campaigns like that. 

Which is exactly why they shouldn't make one

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which is exactly why they shouldn't make one

While I agree with you completely about the obnoxious and juvenile behavior, I would really love to see that happen. But it could just as easily happen in other sets and then everyone is happy and Lego isn’t catering to specific demands

Are the Minifigures in the Mandalorian battle pack named characters from the show or are they just random warriors designed by Lego? I am yet to see the show.

Edited by AdmiralRaddus

Just now, AdmiralRaddus said:

Are the Minifigures in the Mandalorian battle pack named characters from the show or are they just random warriors designed by Lego? I am yet to see the show.

As far as I am aware they’re unnamed background characters from the show.

8 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

I didn't see them in the show, so I suppose they are random warriors which are meant to represent unnamed background characters from the show. As far as I remember, names aren't used in the first episodes anyway.

8 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

There were actually only two named Mandalorians in the show, at least in season 1. The Mandalorian himself and the Armourer. (Forgive me if some of the background ones have names that were revealed in press releases or whatever, I haven’t read everything yet.)

Anyway, just finished the series, and . .

Spoiler

I think the AT-ST was a pretty great representation of the events in Episode 4. Makes me happy to have picked that one up. I can’t wait for more upcoming sets based on The Mandalorian, maybe a Razorcrest (probably inevitable) or a folding-wing TIE Fighter.

Speaking of folding-wing TIEs, I want a Moff Gideon minifigure with the Darksaber. Please, LEGO, make that happen! And also, Baby Yoda! Yaddle. The Child. The Asset. Whatever you call it. I NEED IT AS A LEGO.

Also, Stormtroopers and Scouttroopers with battered, singed, worn armour. We’ve seen some of that already in the past, it’d be so sweet to have Stormtroopers that aren’t all ‘shiny’. 

On a related note, I picked up the Mandalorian Battle Pack (because it finally showed up around here) and have been playing around with the minifigure parts to make some unique custom designs. I’m missing a couple of parts yet, but once it’s done I’ll post them, if people are interested?

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

There were actually only two named Mandalorians in the show, at least in season 1. The Mandalorian himself and the Armourer. (Forgive me if some of the background ones have names that were revealed in press releases or whatever, I haven’t read everything yet.)

Reveal hidden contents

I think the AT-ST was a pretty great representation of the events in Episode 4. Makes me happy to have picked that one up. I can’t wait for more upcoming sets based on The Mandalorian, maybe a Razorcrest (probably inevitable) or a folding-wing TIE Fighter.

Speaking of folding-wing TIEs, I want a Moff Gideon minifigure with the Darksaber. Please, LEGO, make that happen! And also, Baby Yoda! Yaddle. The Child. The Asset. Whatever you call it. I NEED IT AS A LEGO.

Also, Stormtroopers and Scouttroopers with battered, singed, worn armour. We’ve seen some of that already in the past, it’d be so sweet to have Stormtroopers that aren’t all ‘shiny’. 

On a related note, I picked up the Mandalorian Battle Pack (because it finally showed up around here) and have been playing around with the minifigure parts to make some unique custom designs. I’m missing a couple of parts yet, but once it’s done I’ll post them, if people are interested?

Also the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian (the big blue one from Chapter 3).

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian (the big blue one from Chapter 3).

Paz Vizla is his name...credited and voiced by Jon Favreau. He isn’t in the Mandalorian battle pack though.

I think this wasn't mentioned here before, but I just noticed that R2-D2 has been updated for 2020. There's a new version of his dome in Obi Wan's Hut en Poe's X-Wing.

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

I think this wasn't mentioned here before, but I just noticed that R2-D2 has been updated for 2020. There's a new version of his dome in Obi Wan's Hut en Poe's X-Wing.

It was already mentioned

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hide contents

I'd be interested in seeing that, I've been wondering how well the different armour colours work with one another

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'd be interested in seeing that, I've been wondering how well the different armour colours work with one another

I have added a couple of my own parts in places - swapped out the arms on the green one for dark azure to better match the helmet, for example - but I’d be happy to once I finish. (I want to see how one of them looks with the new Ninjago shoulder armour, though, so I’m waiting until I can get one of the sets with that in it.)

On 1/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, AdmiralRaddus said:

At least three of the designs were based on background characters, with the possible exception being the bright blue one with purple splotches.

I’ve recently been reflecting on the state of Star Wars these past years and I can truly say that we should all feel lucky to have so much Star Wars content decades after the first movie released in 1977,with TCW returning and rumors of a High Republic trilogy, and last year alone with the Mandalorian, ROS and Jedi: Fallen order was such an incredible year for new interesting content that it’s disheartening that TLG hasn’t been taking advantage of that. Still taking the easy way of “what will sell” rather than giving us all the new exciting stuff we’ve seen on screen, of the TFF waves, all but one set (pasana speeder chase) were remakes of some sort. And seeing yet another landspeeder, x-wing, snow speeder etc is just boring.

ill say that all of those sets are updated and are very well designed, but I hope we get a bit more of a leap of faith and trust from TLG that the new designs will sell just as well if not better. We need the Razorcrest, the Mantis from Fallen Order, the Night Buzzard. Even from the OT and PT we’ve never gotten the Mon Calamari cruiser, Yavin IV, Jedi temple, Hammerhead cruiser etc. 

Come on LEGO, I have faith in you guys, have some faith in us too.