MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

33 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

is there a possibility of getting a set from The Mandalorian with a Baby Yoda figure?

Not for awhile, it would probably alongside season two, just given how long it takes a set to be made, I would say they'd hurridly throw him into a random set, but most likely this will require a new mold to be produced a la baby groot.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

they were added as a selling factor to three sets, why stop now? You don't spread characters belonging to the same group over multiple sets if you don't actually plan to eventually release all of them :wink:

I agree, it was inevitable we'd see them soon. Dryden would only make sense on a yacht set, and given how solo preformed it's unlikely we'll see one for a loooong time (I swear solo's the most underrated film of all time), and they didn't put Galen in the Krennic's shuttle set, so I'd say we'll have to wait until that set gets a remake for him, most likely.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
and GWP polybags and whatnot

Clone Wars season 7 airs from Feb, and rumour has it we may be getting a new Rebels season too, or a sequel to Rebels following Ahsoka and Sabine.  Whether the Rebels rumour is true or not, some hope for a return of Ahsoka in mini-figure form (hopefully without the cartoon eyes)... Adult Ahsoka is PRICEY on Bricklink.

59 minutes ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Clone Wars season 7 airs from Feb, and rumour has it we may be getting a new Rebels season too, or a sequel to Rebels following Ahsoka and Sabine.  Whether the Rebels rumour is true or not, some hope for a return of Ahsoka in mini-figure form (hopefully without the cartoon eyes)... Adult Ahsoka is PRICEY on Bricklink.

Where did you see these rumors?

And we'll almost certainly see ahsoka if we get any TCW season 7 sets, but the one with the blue outfit and sabers from the trailers. not a fully adult one. Still good though, the only ahsoka that's remotely cheap on bricklink is the one from the first seasons, which personally I think is the worst design.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, it was inevitable we'd see them soon. Dryden would only make sense on a yacht set, and given how solo preformed it's unlikely we'll see one for a loooong time (I swear solo's the most underrated film of all time), and they didn't put Galen in the Krennic's shuttle set, so I'd say we'll have to wait until that set gets a remake for him, most likely.

I wouldn't say it's the most underrated film of all time but it's definetely not as bad as people make it out to be, Solo's lackluser performance was probably caused by the reaction people had on TLJ. But we're not here to talk about finances ofcourse

I could definetely see Dryden or Galen pop up as a polybag

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And we'll almost certainly see ahsoka if we get any TCW season 7 sets, but the one with the blue outfit and sabers from the trailers. not a fully adult one. Still good though, the only ahsoka that's remotely cheap on bricklink is the one from the first seasons, which personally I think is the worst design.

We really need a Siege of Mandalore set with proper versions of Ahsoka, Rex and Bo Katan. Bo would be the first time we get her and we haven't gotten Clone Wars versions of Ahsoka and Rex yet in the 'normal style'

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

[...] Solo's lackluser performance was probably caused by the reaction people had on TLJ. But we're not here to talk about finances ofcourse

That’s the narrative pushed by TLJ’s detractors but that can’t be it since general audiences liked it, judging by its BO results and Cinemascore. The real reason is a multitude of factors, including marketing and release frame (sandwiching it between Infinity War and Deadpool 2 was not the smartest of ideas). A lot of people didn’t even know it was out, expecting a December release as with the previous 3 films. Plus it apparently did rather well in Blu-Ray sales :wink:

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could definetely see Dryden or Galen pop up as a polybag

Speaking of which: I guess the minifig + stand type of polybag is over? Too bad if so, I really liked these :hmpf_bad:

Oh, and one last thing re:Solo: it’s still getting some love this year, don’t forget the upcoming Maul minifig :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of which: I guess the minifig + stand type of polybag is over? Too bad if so, I really liked these :hmpf_bad:

Oh, and one last thing re:Solo: it’s still getting some love this year, don’t forget the upcoming Maul minifig :thumbup:

I too loved those polybags and I hope they aren’t done with them entirely. It’s really nice to have that version of Maul pop up since we didn’t get Dryden, at least we have a main villain for the film now. I would still love to see Dryden as a minifig at some point. But it’s good to know that TLG hasn’t completely denounced Solo

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Hello friends.
I share a very interesting link to a topic that was discussed several days ago.
There was talk of the rest of Ren's knight that are about to leave.
In this ebay ad, they sell a helmet that until now has not been seen. (please do not look at the price that is ridiculous :-))

The article number on ebay is 254472217031

Do you think it could be proof of a ren knight?

58 minutes ago, manumi said:

Hello friends.
I share a very interesting link to a topic that was discussed several days ago.
There was talk of the rest of Ren's knight that are about to leave.
In this ebay ad, they sell a helmet that until now has not been seen. (please do not look at the price that is ridiculous :-))

The article number on ebay is 254472217031

Do you think it could be proof of a ren knight?

It's fake. None of the Knights' helmets look like that, especially not the 2 we are missing, it doesn't even look like lego

Does anyone know of a place making the new mandalorian capes but in the soft fabric custom cape? I love the new mandalorian battle packs, but I hate they went back to the old capes. Looking for replacements for those colors.

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's fake. None of the Knights' helmets look like that, especially not the 2 we are missing, it doesn't even look like lego

If you look at the third picture in the listing, they include a shot of the actual LEGO part. It does look like a test run of that helmet, in which the plastic didn't make it all the way through the mold.  

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

If you look at the third picture in the listing, they include a shot of the actual LEGO part. It does look like a test run of that helmet, in which the plastic didn't make it all the way through the mold.  

effectively. If it really seems like an injection error. What is also rare is that the color of the plastic in the "original" is black, and in that helmet is LBG
Of course I thought it could be a new helmet.

*update: Moreover, checking the profile of the seller, has more parts with injection failures, it really is a failure and not a new mold ... excuse the confusion :-(

Edited by manumi

The Mandalorian Battle Pack might be the most hyped up Star Wars set in a while.  I got mine at Kohl's right after Christmas where they still had a handful and were priced normally, but every other retailer I've been to, including a Lego brand store, have been entirely sold out.  eBay prices are insane right now, and it seems like people are legitimately shelling out $25-30 for it rather than waiting a month and getting it once they start to inevitably flood the stores.  I mean, are people really expecting that they aren't going to be able to find it in stores?  Lego's not exactly like action figures or other collectibles where there's more limited distribution...

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The Mandalorian Battle Pack might be the most hyped up Star Wars set in a while.  I got mine at Kohl's right after Christmas where they still had a handful and were priced normally, but every other retailer I've been to, including a Lego brand store, have been entirely sold out.  eBay prices are insane right now, and it seems like people are legitimately shelling out $25-30 for it rather than waiting a month and getting it once they start to inevitably flood the stores.  I mean, are people really expecting that they aren't going to be able to find it in stores?  Lego's not exactly like action figures or other collectibles where there's more limited distribution...

No, they just want to get it without having to wait so long. Side note, my order of, like, the last 3 of them in stock on target was supposed to arrive "on or before" today, and it didn't. :_(

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Where did you see these rumors?

See here, for example: https://comicbook.com/starwars/2020/01/03/star-wars-rebels-sequel-series-reportedly-in-the-works/

Speaking of the mando pack and it’s selling out everywhere... By what day would you guys think they would restock them? I haven’t found a single battlepack at home, I think they didn’t send the full wave to my country. But I’m going to fly back to New York for college in a week, think I’ll have luck finding them then?

Edited by GilbertoAguilera101
Specificity

36 minutes ago, Tommy Thunder said:

a 2020 release date seems really improbable seeing as filoni still has the mandalorian and this is the first we've heard of the show, but if the rumors of the show arriving at all are true, that would be pretty exciting! :excited:

34 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Speaking of the mando pack and it’s selling out everywhere... By what day would you guys think they would restock them? I haven’t found a single battlepack at home, I think they didn’t send the full wave to my country. But I’m going to fly back to New York for college in a week, think I’ll have luck finding them then?

I don't know where you currently are, but a city as populated as new york seems like you'll have more of a problem. 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

a 2020 release date seems really improbable seeing as filoni still has the mandalorian and this is the first we've heard of the show, but if the rumors of the show arriving at all are true, that would be pretty exciting! :excited:

If it's actually coming out they're probably already working on animating it. The last new animated series all started in the year another ended: Clone Wars ended in 2014 with Rebels starting later in the same year, Rebels ended in 2018 with Resistance starting later in the same year

14 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

If you do have trouble you can try ordering from Barnes and Noble.
I order mine from them on Sunday and received it yesterday with free shipping as a B&N Member.

If you're not a B&N Member - you can always ask to ship to a local store and they will hold if for you.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If it's actually coming out they're probably already working on animating it. The last new animated series all started in the year another ended: Clone Wars ended in 2014 with Rebels starting later in the same year, Rebels ended in 2018 with Resistance starting later in the same year

I may have misspoke. What I meant was filoni is already working on Mando s2 right now. Even if he's working on both at the same time, I feel like we'd have 100% have heard something seeing as like you say it would have to be being animated right now.  But we're getting waaay off topic.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
Typo made it come off alot more aggresive than i meant.

Just got a few sets, and they are all amazing.

Sith Trooper Battle Pack is fantastic. The minifigures are awesome (Sith Trooper is one fo my all time favourite minfigs), but it's funny how this set includes two most generic face prints ever. Vehicle is decent, I like that the colour scheme is similar to the Treadspeeder from Pasaana set (they look really good together).

Mandalorian Battle Pack is perfect. All the minifigures are amazing, I can't even decide which one is better. The builds are also great.

Finally, Mustafar set is actually awesome. Pictures don't do it justice. Minifigures are fantastic. There are many enjoyable play features, and it looks good as a diorama.

Also, remember when on TFF (October wave) the lighstaber piece was cloudy? Well it's not anymore. I keep wondering why is that?

Just went to get the Inferno Squad battlepack (before it's super hard to find) and found the Mandalorian battlepack as well. The battlepack is fantastic! Builds are actually usefull, prints are amazing and my god are the helmets great! Only things I don't like is the lack of legprinting for the brown/orange Mando and the capes using the old material, the ''new'' spongy capes are so much better on pretty much every level. Really looking forward to get some more 2020 sets including the Sith Trooper battlepack and X-Wing but I'll have to wait some time for those :wink:

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only things I don't like is the lack of legprinting for the brown/orange Mando and the capes using the old material, the ''new'' spongy capes are so much better on pretty much every level.

All of the new Star Wars sets from the end of 2019 / beginning of 2020 have used the old style capes. I haven't bought any sets from other themes so I can't really comment as to whether this seems to be a definitive change across the board or a SW thing. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I definitely prefer the soft capes too.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

All of the new Star Wars sets from the end of 2019 / beginning of 2020 have used the old style capes. I haven't bought any sets from other themes so I can't really comment as to whether this seems to be a definitive change across the board or a SW thing. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I definitely prefer the soft capes too.

I know, it's really bugging me. The softer cape has better quality, more possibilities for posing and doesn't get any creases over time. I'll take the soft cape over the stiff cape any day

Just got the Mandolorian bp and Sith Trooper bp a couple days ago from my local walmart. Both are great. I also noticed the 2x vip points on the TIE Dagger and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it despite the high price. I really love the look of the set and the in-universe design. Plus it also allowed me to nab the old Ben polybag. Sadly it's backordered so it won't ship out until the 19th. At least that isn't too long of a wait.

Edited by ToaDraco