MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

we could totally see them in season 2

Many people think he's the one who's boots we see at the end of episode 5

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Many people think he's the one who's boots we see at the end of episode 5

I meant the ones who were lego figures in the battlepack

Spoiler

I'm certain that was Fett in epsiode 5 like you say, the spur noise confirms it

The thing about confirmation through the walking sound, is that he doesn't have that outfit, so why would the sound affect be the same

I haven't been on the forum for a while as I was trying to avoid rise of skywalker spoilers, so are there any sets leaked besides D-O?

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

The thing about confirmation through the walking sound, is that he doesn't have that outfit, so why would the sound affect be the same

I haven't been on the forum for a while as I was trying to avoid rise of skywalker spoilers, so are there any sets leaked besides D-O?

As far as I know, the only confirmed sets we have that aren't the ones on the shelves currently are D-O, the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett head busts.  I've seen one site list the spring wave as a 4-set release, three of which are those sets, plus another set priced at $60, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is.  It does seem a bit strange that they wouldn't push out more traditional sets given that Clone Wars S7, Mandalorian, and TROS all have a lot of potential sets and will still be hot properties in the spring (ie: why wait until July/August to release a lot of those sets), so take that with a grain of salt until we get more confirmation/pics.

Edited by Kit Figsto
Forgot to include something

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

Four $70 sets in April - D-O (new info is that he has 516 pcs), two busts (Stormtrooper and Boba Fett) and an unknown set. Nothing here is really new except for D-O set piece count.

9 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Not really, aside from D-O's piece count no new news for sets.
For the next saga, however, there's rumors we'll be seeing the "high republic era", set 400ish bby. Disappointing for those who wanted full-out old republic, with the hundred year darkness, malachor scourge, and all that, but it increases the chances of getting a temple set, maybe?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For the next saga, however, there's rumors we'll be seeing the "high republic era", set 400ish bby. Disappointing for those who wanted full-out old republic, with the hundred year darkness, malachor scourge, and all that, but it increases the chances of getting a temple set, maybe?

The people who wanted Old Republic movies would’ve been disappointed anyway, there’s no way they’d be able to do the old stories justice. Doing something completely new is the best move, especially considering that the old cannon didn’t explore that era. I really hope these rumours are true, but until Lucasfilm comes out and says what the movies are about take everything with a grain of salt. 

Falconfan just hinted that we are getting the remaining Knights of Ren in sets this year. I know they are useless, but at least they look interesting enough.

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Falconfan just hinted that we are getting the remaining Knights of Ren in sets this year. I know they are useless, but at least they look interesting enough.

That was pretty much a given, but nice to see it confirmed :laugh: They’ll probably spread them over two sets just like Vicrul and Trudgen in the January wave as an additional selling point :classic: 

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That was pretty much a given, but nice to see it confirmed :laugh: They’ll probably spread them over two sets just like Vicrul and Trudgen in the January wave as an additional selling point :classic: 

I’m hoping they’ll be in a Night Buzzard set if i’m honest :moar:

Edited by ArrowBricks

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a Night Buzzard set, possibly with reuses of other Knights

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m hoping they’ll be in a Night Buzzard set of i’m honest :moar:

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a Night Buzzard set, possibly with reuses of other Knights

Agreed, I’d love to see a Night Buzzard set and it would make sense for Kuruk to be included since he’s the KoR’s pilot, but I’m not sure how likely a set like that actually is :sceptic: 

Our best current guess is three TROS sets in the summer wave, one of which has to be a set based on old Palpy’s uncomfy throne. For the other two, we have at least the following options: Ochi’s ship, TIE Whisper, water skiff, the missing Pasaana speeder, B-Wing and the Night Buzzard. I’m not sure if the Night Buzzard could really outmatch all of the others but one

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Our best current guess is three TROS sets in the summer wave, one of which has to be a set based on old Palpy’s uncomfy throne. For the other two, we have at least the following options: Ochi’s ship, TIE Whisper, water skiff, the missing Pasaana speeder, B-Wing and the Night Buzzard. I’m not sure if the Night Buzzard could really outmatch all of the others but one

I agree on the TIE Whisper and Palpy's throneroom but the rest are just as likely to get a set as the Buzzard. We've already had multiple B-Wings so I think they'd choose something completely new over a remake, Ochi's ship is barely seen from the outside, the water skiff is about as important as the Quadjumper in TFA and I think the second Pasaana speeder is unlikely because we don't really need 2 sets based on the same (quite short) chase sequence. The Night Buzzard makes more sense than most of these possibilities 

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We've already had multiple B-Wings so I think they'd choose something completely new over a remake

Not so sure about this statement

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed, I’d love to see a Night Buzzard set and it would make sense for Kuruk to be included since he’s the KoR’s pilot, but I’m not sure how likely a set like that actually is :sceptic: 

I think the wave will have big sets in rather than smaller ones. 

Final Order Star Destroyer, B-Wing, Nightbuzzard, Water Skimmer, and UA-TT Walker are some of my guesses.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Final Order Star Destroyer, B-Wing, Nightbuzzard, Water Skimmer, and UA-TT Walker are some of my guesses.

I think the UA-TT is highly unlikely, it really was a 'blink and you'll miss it' kind of vehicle. I didn't even notice it during my first viewing

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the UA-TT is highly unlikely, it really was a 'blink and you'll miss it' kind of vehicle. I didn't even notice it during my first viewing

May have had a more prominent role in the original directors cut hence has been in development long before it became marginal. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Before i went a second time, i took notes where and when to watch closely. I blinked...at least i got Kylo's Shuttle the second time.

How about Lando's vehicle? At least one minute screen time.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We've already had multiple B-Wings so I think they'd choose something completely new over a remake, 

That doesn't sound like Lego... 

I don't think little screen time matters for a vehicle appearing as a set, as others have pointed out we got a quadjumper set, and the AT-AP was barely in revenge of the sith and we've gotten that 3 times. Lego also developed a set, even though it didn't release, for the UT-AT Trident in revenge of the sith. I think that lego just makes sets they think will sell well, which tends to be iconic vehicles, but don't count out the more obscure stuff.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why is it a given? They never produced the third helmet version of the praetorian guard, nor did they ever give us Sgt Melshi from R1. I do hope it's true though.

15 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Good, I think alot of us assumed this anyway but nice to see it's 100% happening

16 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The people who wanted Old Republic movies would’ve been disappointed anyway, there’s no way they’d be able to do the old stories justice. Doing something completely new is the best move, especially considering that the old cannon didn’t explore that era. I really hope these rumours are true, but until Lucasfilm comes out and says what the movies are about take everything with a grain of salt. 

True, if it wasn't a direct adaption of the KOTOR games the hardcore KOTOR fans would be upset, and if it was, everyone else would be upset.

2 hours ago, Calanon said:

Why is it a given? They never produced the third helmet version of the praetorian guard, nor did they ever give us Sgt Melshi from R1. I do hope it's true though.

Sure, there's a lot of key characters missing from the Disney era films (the ones you've mentioned plus Saw Gerrera, Galen Erso, L3-37, Dryden Vos, etc), but I think it was a given that we'd get the remaining KoR for two reasons:

- unlike most of the characters above, the Knights' appearances are not restricted to a single location or two; they show up in pretty much every major location in TROS (Ajan Kloss and Bef Kir excluded). Granted, TLG is no stranger to including characters in sets that have nothing to do with the location depicted (Mace Windu on Kashyyyk anyone?), but this situation makes including them much easier than say Galen or Dryden :classic:

- they were added as a selling factor to three sets, why stop now? You don't spread characters belonging to the same group over multiple sets if you don't actually plan to eventually release all of them :wink: