MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Now to complete the trio, we need a Ben vs Vader

The trio of weird fanfiction sets? :laugh: :wink:

Seriously though, a Ben vs Luke set could be quite cool with some Crait terrain and a Force-projection Luke minifig, completing the TLJ Luke collection (apart from the flashback version that is)

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Seriously though, a Ben vs Luke set could be quite cool with some Crait terrain and a Force-projection Luke minifig, completing the TLJ Luke collection (apart from the flashback version that is)

I think he meant Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi vs Vader, as in their duel on the Death Star in A New Hope.

As for the Deluxe Edition of LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, my money is on a Dark Rey minifigure...

16 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

I think he meant Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi vs Vader, as in their duel on the Death Star in A New Hope.

Whoops, that makes a lot more sense of course :snicker: I was thinking of Ben Solo since the idea of a Kylo vs Luke duel was also discussed previously :grin:

18 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

As for the Deluxe Edition of LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, my money is on a Dark Rey minifigure...

I think they’d choose a minifig representing the entirety of the saga, even though I have no idea who that might be since the only viable options have had dozens of versions before :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think they’d choose a minifig representing the entirety of the saga, even though I have no idea who that might be since the only viable options have had dozens of versions before :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe it’ll be an exclusive Vader with arm printing or something. This was discussed a little bit ago because the game trailer shows Vader with arm printing

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

No, Rebel Friend or we riot

Cesar Soares (designer of the 75244 Tantive IV) acknowledged the popularity of the Rebel Friend in an interview with Brickset, so there may actually be hope.  Plus, all it would require is one recolored torso print!!

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Cesar Soares (designer of the 75244 Tantive IV) acknowledged the popularity of the Rebel Friend in an interview with Brickset, so there may actually be hope.  Plus, all it would require is one recolored torso print!!

I doubt he is that well known, despite having his small fan base. I had no idea who he was until just right now, and Im a preson who have turned wookieepedia inside and out, and seen what I thought was a relevant SW related media. But I have not played all games, and a  character belonging to a game that is over 12 years old is not something that that really would come to attention to kids today that are the target group of lego. I think it would be a super weird move to include rebel friend in any set.

Just now, Sneakguest said:

I doubt he is that well known, despite having his small fan base. I had no idea who he was until just right now, and Im a preson who have turned wookieepedia inside and out, and seen what I thought was a relevant SW related media. But I have not played all games, and a  character belonging to a game that is over 12 years old is not something that that really would come to attention to kids today that are the target group of lego. I think it would be a super weird move to include rebel friend in any set.

Full ack.

Just now, Sneakguest said:

I guess I agree, especially because the character mostly gained notoriety for some really weird memes.  Personally, I just think he'd look cool on my Tantive IV.

Anyway, concerning the January wave, I decided I will wait for a sale on all of them.  Within a month, the Bantha vs Skyhopper will be at least 15% off, and then I'll be proud of myself for delaying gratification.  :blush:

7 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

No, Rebel Friend or we riot

Agreed

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

The thing is, he's known FOR the lego games, and does have a ult following so to speak. It seems fitting to have the harater LSW reated be the exlusive figure in the definitive game

(one of my keys is broken)

PSA incoming! Hey kids! It‘s the end of the year and no legit set list rumours have popped up yet! You know what that means? Time for some laughably fake set lists! :head_back:

Seriously though, there‘s an obviously fake summer 2020 set list floating around on IG ( the one with 6-7 Mando sets, in case another one has spawned in the meantime). I hope it doesn‘t spread, or else we won‘t hear the end of it until a proper list shows up :classic:

11 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think it’s ridiculous that we haven’t seen the Naboo Royal Starship yet. 

Probably because it'd look silly in light bluish grey :tongue:

45 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

PSA incoming! Hey kids! It‘s the end of the year and no legit set list rumours have popped up yet! You know what that means? Time for some laughably fake set lists! :head_back:

Seriously though, there‘s an obviously fake summer 2020 set list floating around on IG ( the one with 6-7 Mando sets, in case another one has spawned in the meantime). I hope it doesn‘t spread, or else we won‘t hear the end of it until a proper list shows up :classic:

Yes, everyone please be aware that the Mando list is almost for certain a fake. Let's not copy and paste it here please.

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It baffles me how obviously fake that list is, why even post it? Are those 30 seconds of fame really that important for some people?

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It baffles me how obviously fake that list is, why even post it? Are those 30 seconds of fame really that important for some people?

I think the general plan looks like this:

1) Post barely disguised wishlist as rumour on IG

2) Gain likes and follows from gullible people

3) Lose a huge chunk of said likes and follows once exposed as fraud

4) Keep a tiny percentage of likes and follows despite all that, thus boosting account

5)

6) Profit?

:grin:

B2T: 

I think the proper list is a bit overdue at this point... I might be wrong, but hasn't the list usually appeared before the year was over? Or maybe it's compensation for the Jan 2020 list that leaked way earlier than it should have :tongue:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I legitimately ould not stop laughing at that, it's hilariously fake. everything from the number of figures in some sets to how spoilery others are.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Yes, everyone please be aware that the Mando list is almost for certain a fake. Let's not copy and paste it here please.

Yes it is, because the dude or dudess doesn't claim it's real either, xhe has written: "Set Ideas List (and Minifigures) for 2020! We need a Line of Mando sets!"

So it would more go under wishlist than fakelist.

9 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes it is, because the dude or dudess doesn't claim it's real either, xhe has written: "Set Ideas List (and Minifigures) for 2020! We need a Line of Mando sets!"

So it would more go under wishlist than fakelist.

He changed the caption and deleted all of the comments, it's still a fake list

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Haha, d’oh! Ben...as in Kenobi. Didn’t even think of that Ben...:facepalm: The trio being, we have a lightsaber battle from Ep. I & Ep. VII...both starts of a trilogy. We just need KENOBI vs Vader from Ep. IV. 

I have just made up the latest Xwing from the rise of Skywalker ,I noticed a small error in the instructions ,well actually a part in the instructions which have should printed on instruction page when it's time to add it is missing .first time i've found a mistake or over sight in any instructions. I found the front intakes grossly over sized ,Poe Xwing had the intakes just right.

I don't mind the over size intakes ,when watching the film they are the same as Poe's  Xwing ,but the lego designer must have wanted to do it differently so as not to have another new style Xwing being to similar to the last two.

Loving the knights of Ren figures ,frow just need there star ship made 

2 hours ago, Master Jedi said:

I have just made up the latest Xwing from the rise of Skywalker ,I noticed a small error in the instructions ,well actually a part in the instructions which have should printed on instruction page when it's time to add it is missing .first time i've found a mistake or over sight in any instructions. I found the front intakes grossly over sized ,Poe Xwing had the intakes just right.

I don't mind the over size intakes ,when watching the film they are the same as Poe's  Xwing ,but the lego designer must have wanted to do it differently so as not to have another new style Xwing being to similar to the last two.

Loving the knights of Ren figures ,frow just need there star ship made 

I’ve lost count of how many mistakes I’ve found in instruction manuals. Happens all the time

40 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

As much as I want Rebel Friend as an exclusive figure, I would happily take Jedi Bob instead. 

True, though he makes less sense due to him being in a set, and not the games.

Some mando funkos have leaked and the blue and green mandalorians from the battlepak both show up. I'm assuming the merhandising people just had images of the mandalorian ostumes in better lighting and they atually were present in the show.

I noticed at least 3 of the 4 mando battle pack helmets in episode 8 of The Mandalorian

Spoiler

In the pile of mando armor.