MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Ah, thanks. I knew I couldn’t have been the first to notice! I was checking for printing errors (surprisingly I got one that’s straight!) and thought something looked off. The changes are minimal, mostly just making things bigger like on the new BB-8 but there’s some new blue accents too. 

Cool.

I got the pasaana set, forgot the trooper in that was different!

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Cool.

I got the pasaana set, forgot the trooper in that was different!

Yeah the Treadspeeder driver is unique, I really like the minor details lego keeps track of. That’s a set I’ll probably get a second copy of when it’s discounted

I got Snap’s A-Wing and Kylo’s Shuttle for Christmas. Both fantastic sets, very accurate, and I love the figures. The shuttle is a very good update (and very much needed!)

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah the Treadspeeder driver is unique, I really like the minor details lego keeps track of. That’s a set I’ll probably get a second copy of when it’s discounted

I got Snap’s A-Wing and Kylo’s Shuttle for Christmas. Both fantastic sets, very accurate, and I love the figures. The shuttle is a very good update (and very much needed!)

Nice! 

It'd have been cool if the treadspeeder was more of a battlepack set without the other stuff, they're hard to mass right now.

After seeing TROS, i really want Kylo's TIE Whisper; unfortunately, they made TIE dagger instead. But I hope they'll make it in the future, because I just love that ship.

5 minutes ago, Darth2-D2 said:

After seeing TROS, i really want Kylo's TIE Whisper; unfortunately, they made TIE dagger instead. But I hope they'll make it in the future, because I just love that ship.

I guess they made the Tie Dagger instead because of how similar the Whisper is to Vonreg's Tie. Still it would be great to get the Whisper even though ...

Spoiler

... it didn't last very long. ?

19 minutes ago, Darth2-D2 said:

The TIE Dagger makes more sense though as it's the only fighter used by the ''bad-guy's fleet''

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I guess they made the Tie Dagger instead because of how similar the Whisper is to Vonreg's Tie. Still it would be great to get the Whisper even though ...

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, they're really similar, so maybe I'll make one myself...

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The TIE Dagger makes more sense though as it's the only fighter used by the ''bad-guy's fleet''

That's true. It's sad that you can even miss them in the movie, they definitelly deserved more screen time.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Reveal hidden contents

It did until the end of Act 2 / beginning of Act 3.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

5 hours ago, Darth2-D2 said:

That's true. It's sad that you can even miss them in the movie, they definitelly deserved more screen time.

Spoiler

Nobody talking about the hyperdrive equipped TIEs hunting the MF?

25 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Hide contents

Nobody talking about the hyperdrive equipped TIEs hunting the MF?

Actually all FO Ties have hyperdrive in canon. It was just the first time we saw them use it.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Actually all FO Ties have hyperdrive in canon. It was just the first time we saw them use it.

Ok, that's new to me, thanks for clarification.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

That's not 100% true. All TIE/sf fighters have a hyperdrive (the ones with a red part on the cockpit like the 2015 lego set), the standard TIE/fo fighter (without the red marking) doesn't have a hyperdrive

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not 100% true. All TIE/sf fighters have a hyperdrive (the ones with a red part on the cockpit like the 2015 lego set), the standard TIE/fo fighter (without the red marking) doesn't have a hyperdrive

42 minutes ago, Procrastinathan said:

I believe all FO TIEs have shields and torpedoes too, in contrast to their Imperial predecessors.

Spoiler

I'm a regular guest on Wookiepedia, but i never read the article about the FO TIEs.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/fo_space_superiority_fighter

The /fo CAN be equipped with hyperdrive, for the /sf it's standard outfit. I have to  watch the movie a 2nd time, but AFAIR what we're seeing there is the /fo with optional hyperdrive.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Hide contents

I'm a regular guest on Wookiepedia, but i never read the article about the FO TIEs.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/fo_space_superiority_fighter

The /fo CAN be equipped with hyperdrive, for the /sf it's standard outfit. I have to  watch the movie a 2nd time, but AFAIR what we're seeing there is the /fo with optional hyperdrive.

Spoiler

Yes, it is. However, we're starting to get pretty off-topic.

Thinking the Summer wave this year will be relatively light on TROS, I feel like they've pretty much covered all of the attractive set opportunities, bar maybe

Spoiler

A Star Destroyer and the Palpatine fight, maybe the water skimmer thing or the Ochi's ship if they're scraping the barrel a bit.

5 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Thinking the Summer wave this year will be relatively light on TROS, I feel like they've pretty much covered all of the attractive set opportunities, bar maybe

Reveal hidden contents

A Star Destroyer and the Palpatine fight, maybe the water skimmer thing or the Ochi's ship if they're scraping the barrel a bit.

Idk, I feel like there are still a LOT of potential sets based on the movie. I was thinking of all kinds of new ones during the film, for example:

Spoiler

I would absolutely LOVE to get the Knights of Ren's Night Buzzard ship, the TIE Whisper is an obvious choice as is Ochi's ship as you mentioned, though I'd hardly call it scraping the bottom of the barrel since it did get a decent amount of screentime and has quite a bit of significance. and also the Palpatine battle. I could also see them making the Resistance Dropship which could also be a great opportunity to include Dominic Monaghan's character Beaumont Kin, Aftab Ackbar(I love that they brought in Ackbar's son in the film btw) and an Orbak or two. Also, since FO Walkers were briefly mentioned and shown on Kijimi, it might be enough of an excuse for LEGO to finally give us a proper FO AT-ST and perhaps throw in a Babu Frik figure and a red eyes 3po. Heck, they just gave us a proper Kylo Ren's shuttle and I don't remember seeing it once in the film so it's not like they really need much of an excuse to have a second chance to fix a mistake(ntm it was about the same amount of screen time we got for the Rogue One AT-ST yet that apperently justified a set, not that I'm complaining as I'm a huge fan of AT-ST's and that's one of the best). I really want a proper LEGO FO AT-ST and it better be almost entirely dark grey.

Edited by ToaDraco

Holy mother of Porgs the final episode of The Mandalorian is amazing! Now having seen all 8 episodes I could definetely see these 3 sets happening:

Spoiler

Imperial Remnants battlepack - 2 Stormtroopers, 1 Deathtrooper, 1 Flametrooper 

Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter - Moff Gideon (with Darksaber), The Mandalorian (torn cape, jetpack and possibly face/armprinting), Greef Karga, The Armorer

The Razor Crest - The Mandalorian (full beskar armor), Baby Yoda, Kuill, IG-11

Without a new movie coming out I'm really excited to see what 2020 will give us

Shouldn‘t we get the list for the 2HY sets soon? I faintly remember them usually making the rounds around Christmas...

I really can’t wait to see what‘s on there, but with 11 sets allegedly coming in addition to the 5 spring wave sets, there‘s bound to be quite some variety :sweet: My ideal distribution would be 3-4 sets based on TROS, 3-4 Mando sets and the remainder being based on the remaining saga (OT, PT, TCW, spin-offs, maybe even Fallen Order). Depends on how much they want to focus on season 7 of TCW, as it’s the only new audio-visual content released next year...

10 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I also predicted this. 

I can assure you however they’re a fair few in the summer wave.

24 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Now that's interesting. 

Spoiler

As well as maybe the water skimmer and Palpatine's throne, I'm thinking there might be a scene from Kijimi with Babu Frik, C-3PO and the remaining Knights of Ren? I can't see them doing the Tie Whisper when they have just released the Tie Dagger and Vonreg's Tie is still on the market which is a real shame as it would be one of the glaring holes in the vehicle lineup. I also wonder about the possibility of a Star Destroyer when the last one only retired a few months ago.

Edited by BacktoBricks

51 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

:moar: 

Are there also more sets based on the Mandalorian? The two sets we already have are great, but that‘s nowhere near enough to cover the series :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

:moar: 

Are there also more sets based on the Mandalorian? The two sets we already have are great, but that‘s nowhere near enough to cover the series :laugh: 

Not as many as TROS. 

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Idk, I feel like there are still a LOT of potential sets based on the movie. I was thinking of all kinds of new ones during the film, for example:

Hide contents

I would absolutely LOVE to get the Knights of Ren's Night Buzzard ship, the TIE Whisper is an obvious choice as is Ochi's ship as you mentioned, though I'd hardly call it scraping the bottom of the barrel since it did get a decent amount of screentime and has quite a bit of significance. and also the Palpatine battle. I could also see them making the Resistance Dropship which could also be a great opportunity to include Dominic Monaghan's character Beaumont Kin, Aftab Ackbar(I love that they brought in Ackbar's son in the film btw) and an Orbak or two. Also, since FO Walkers were briefly mentioned and shown on Kijimi, it might be enough of an excuse for LEGO to finally give us a proper FO AT-ST and perhaps throw in a Babu Frik figure and a red eyes 3po. Heck, they just gave us a proper Kylo Ren's shuttle and I don't remember seeing it once in the film so it's not like they really need much of an excuse to have a second chance to fix a mistake(ntm it was about the same amount of screen time we got for the Rogue One AT-ST yet that apperently justified a set, not that I'm complaining as I'm a huge fan of AT-ST's and that's one of the best). I really want a proper LEGO FO AT-ST and it better be almost entirely dark grey.

We just got an AT-ST, we also got them in 2016 and 2018. It's time for something new tbh.

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Reveal hidden contents

There are alot of things we could get, though I doubt we'll see some of the more spoilery stuff. For example:

Spoiler

the palpatine set is likely, but it might have kylo with his red lightsaber instead of a blue one, as to not be a complete spoiler. Like how the snokes throne room set presents it as rey vs everyone and not her and kylo versus the guards in the box art and such. Also notable is the lack of a "cut snoke in half" play feature :laugh:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Shouldn‘t we get the list for the 2HY sets soon? I faintly remember them usually making the rounds around Christmas...

I really can’t wait to see what‘s on there, but with 11 sets allegedly coming in addition to the 5 spring wave sets, there‘s bound to be quite some variety :sweet: My ideal distribution would be 3-4 sets based on TROS, 3-4 Mando sets and the remainder being based on the remaining saga (OT, PT, TCW, spin-offs, maybe even Fallen Order). Depends on how much they want to focus on season 7 of TCW, as it’s the only new audio-visual content released next year...

As cool as that would be, there's almost zero chance of this. We haven't gotten 4 sets for a wave three of a film (or a wave three in some cases) since TFA. There's no way we'll get 3-4 mandalorian sets. The odds are this spring wave will have a TCW set or two along with the busts and D-0 we know are coming, and then the summer wave will be the TROS wave 3 with maybe one or two mando sets and possibly a fallen order set, but most will probably be based on the main saga. Worst case scenerio we get another action battles, or god forbid, a yoda chronicles type thing.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We just got an AT-ST, we also got them in 2016 and 2018. It's time for something new tbh.

We get a falcon just about every year, and a full FO at-st would be different than an imperial one, the raider one, or the headless one. I don't want to see another one so soon either, but I don't think it's too unlikely.