MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just in case anyone was still wondering, the visual dictionary also confirmed Poe's X-Wing to be a T-70 and not a T-85

Wait, did people think it was a T-85?!? :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, Ninja of Fire said:

Wait, did people think it was a T-85?!? :laugh: 

Yeah there was like 2 pages of arguments over it. Not sure why since looking at photos of a T-85 makes it very clear that it’s a T-70. 

8 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

Not saying that is incorrect but, be careful about referencing the visual dictionaries as they are not officially canon.

To back this up, apparently it claims

Spoiler

Babu Frik built D-O.

It's not impossible, but I would say it's unlikely based on what was seen on-screen.

41 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

Not saying that is incorrect but, be careful about referencing the visual dictionaries as they are not officially canon.

They are canon though...

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They are canon though...

They are cannon, and usually can be relied upon to elaborate on things that are confusing in the films. However, though cannon they do hold less weight than films, books and tv shows. 

All of that said, the t85 has appeared in resistance (and also in a reference book) and it looks nothing like the t70. The nose is bulbous and overall it's way larger. 

12 minutes ago, ginja said:

All of that said, the t85 has appeared in resistance (and also in a reference book) and it looks nothing like the t70. The nose is bulbous and overall it's way larger. 

And better looking in general, but that's highly subjective. On the one hand, the nose will be hard to reproduce in LEGO because of its organic form. On the other hand the cockpit sitting flush with the fuselage should make things easier in that section.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

So, having seen Rise of Skywalker, I really like Jannah as a character - much more than Zorii Bliss, which surprises me given how much promotion Zorii got in the merchandising and marketing. Can we expect Jannah to be in more sets in the future? Because Poe’s X-Wing doesn’t appeal to me . .

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, having seen Rise of Skywalker, I really like Jannah as a character - much more than Zorii Bliss, which surprises me given how much promotion Zorii got in the merchandising and marketing. Can we expect Jannah to be in more sets in the future? Because Poe’s X-Wing doesn’t appeal to me . .

I think the only set she could appear in is a set with the horse-like creatures on the Star Destroyer, literally anything else wouldn't really make sense (though her inclusion in Poe's X-Wing also doesn't make a lot of sense)

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the only set she could appear in is a set with the horse-like creatures on the Star Destroyer, literally anything else wouldn't really make sense (though her inclusion in Poe's X-Wing also doesn't make a lot of sense)

Please, the minifigure distribution has been all over the shop this last couple of waves. Look at Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, I doubt FO Stormtroopers and Sith Troopers ever even saw each other. Plus I doubt General Pryde would be caught dead as a pilot. And that shuttle wasn’t even in the movie, at least that I saw; it was always Kylo’s personal TIE Whisper. (Which had better be a set soon, I know we got the Silencer already but the Whisper is separate and deserves to be its own thing.) 

I’m saying, does it make sense for LEGO to put Jannah in a set in the future? I’m inclined to think yes; there’s also the exclusive Knight of Ren who’s less relevant but just as important for collectors to get that makes that set desirable from a minifig standpoint.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Please, the minifigure distribution has been all over the shop this last couple of waves. Look at Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, I doubt FO Stormtroopers and Sith Troopers ever even saw each other. Plus I doubt General Pryde would be caught dead as a pilot. And that shuttle wasn’t even in the movie, at least that I saw; it was always Kylo’s personal TIE Whisper. (Which had better be a set soon, I know we got the Silencer already but the Whisper is separate and deserves to be its own thing.) 

I’m saying, does it make sense for LEGO to put Jannah in a set in the future? I’m inclined to think yes; there’s also the exclusive Knight of Ren who’s less relevant but just as important for collectors to get that makes that set desirable from a minifig standpoint.

His shuttle was in the movie. It was just in the background of one shot.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They could have a skimmer set with her, Finn, and/or Rey.

34 minutes ago, autolycus said:

They could have a skimmer set with her, Finn, and/or Rey.

Or a Death Star ruins playset 

On 12/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, Sneakguest said:

Whats wrong with chiffren nowadays

What is chiffren.

9 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Yeah, there was something about Han's dice in the TFA one that solo disproved. The guy from star wars explained explains them as, basically, to be taken as canon unless something contradicts it. Like with what @nikhkin says,

Spoiler

about the dictionary saying babu frik built d-0, we could take this as canon until, say, a novel about luke and lando going after the jedi hunter later confirms Ochi built D-0.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Or a Death Star ruins playset 

Spoiler

This would be an excellent way to get darth rey without a book or something

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What is chiffren.

Yeah, there was something about Han's dice in the TFA one that solo disproved. The guy from star wars explained explains them as, basically, to be taken as canon unless something contradicts it. Like with what @nikhkin says,

Reveal hidden contents

about the dictionary saying babu frik built d-0, we could take this as canon until, say, a novel about luke and lando going after the jedi hunter later confirms Ochi built D-0.

Reveal hidden contents

This would be an excellent way to get darth rey without a book or something

I would love a Death Star Ruins playset, especially if it actually did include 

Spoiler

Darth Rey. I would so love her as a figure. That was one of the best scenes in the movie IMO.

Also, question RE a MOC I’m considering; the one Mandalorian without leg printing in the BP, is their helmet orange or dark orange? I can’t tell and I want to know for the sake of planning. 

If you think the visual dictionaries are canon you can pm me if you want to know more so we don't get way off topic. 

Edited by lego the hutt

The visual dictionaries are canon but they have been known to have mistakes and be revised for the new canon

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

12 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Slang for children.

Thanks, @Sneakguest's comment makes a lot more sense now.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The visual dictionaries are canon but they have been known to have mistakes and be revised for the new canon

Yes. The only fully non-canon works Disney-era lucasfilm has put out recently are the children's books (and even then some of those are canon), the excellent continuation of the OG star wars comics with valance, and some parody stuff. So I do think if the rest of the KoR appear in wave three they could realistically have their actual names listed instead of "Knights of Ren".

Spoiler

not to get too wishlisty but maybe that little gremlin thing that repaired kylo's mask could show up?

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Merry Christmas everyone, may your day be filled with Lego Star Wars

I was just about to say the same lol. Merry Christmas everyone!

So I just got Poe’s X-Wing for Christmas and I noticed R2-D2 has a new head print. I don’t recall seeing anything about it on the forums yet. The last set I got R2 in was the Tantive IV, has his new head been in anything else or is this the first set?

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

So I just got Poe’s X-Wing for Christmas and I noticed R2-D2 has a new head print. I don’t recall seeing anything about it on the forums yet. The last set I got R2 in was the Tantive IV, has his new head been in anything else or is this the first set?

The 2020 R2's head is updated. The same updated R2 comes in Obi-Wan's hut. It's not like a big update from previous R2, but there are some new/different details.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The 2020 R2's head is updated. The same updated R2 comes in Obi-Wan's hut. It's not like a big update from previous R2, but there are some new/different details.

Ah, thanks. I knew I couldn’t have been the first to notice! I was checking for printing errors (surprisingly I got one that’s straight!) and thought something looked off. The changes are minimal, mostly just making things bigger like on the new BB-8 but there’s some new blue accents too.