MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I want a Moff Gideon minifigure VERY badly

Agreed, plus all the other major players from the show. That would require more than a handful of sets though...

BTW, the TROS sets are very accurate, apart from some minor, non-spoilery things. The FO officer’s hat design for instance is a bit off compared to the film :grin:

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The wings fold and the cockpit has some weird extension thingies, that design paired with the possible minifigures would definetely something I'd buy

Yeah, it's essentially just a TIE fighter that can land without a docking thingie.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As do I. After episode seven I'm REALLY hoping for more mandalorian sets.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Seeing TROS actually makes me appreciate the TFF wave and the upcoming wave a little more. There really isn't much to do without spoiling anything, that said there are still plenty of possible sets so we can definetely expect LEGO to make more TROS sets far into 2020

I do understand, but the problem is that the waste slots for better sets, I mean it's not like they will drop 7 more meaningful TROS set in the summer just beacuse of that, at least that is not what they have done with previous movies, they will just make 2 or threee than one or two more the next year

9 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I do understand, but the problem is that the waste slots for better sets, I mean it's not like they will drop 7 more meaningful TROS set in the summer just beacuse of that, at least that is not what they have done with previous movies, they will just make 2 or threee than one or two more the next year

I haven't seen the film yet, but if there are spoilery things, I think we'll get at least the most major missing things in later 2020/2021 waves. The porsche starfighter comes to mind, it was shown in that disney+ trailer

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Seeing TROS actually makes me appreciate the TFF wave and the upcoming wave a little more. There really isn't much to do without spoiling anything, that said there are still plenty of possible sets so we can definetely expect LEGO to make more TROS sets far into 2020

I’m not so sure there will be any more TROS sets. The sets that are available mostly cover everything already. Definitely more minifigs, however.

2 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

I’m not so sure there will be any more TROS sets. The sets that are available mostly cover everything already. Definitely more minifigs, however.

From the trailers alone, there’s;

- TIE Whisper;

- the water skimmer;

- Sith Fleet Star Destroyers;

- the throne that looks even less comfy than the Iron Throne;

- the ship seen flying towards Kijimi...

...which is Ochi(?)’s ship that’s essential to the plot;

- the ship/transport that belongs to the KoR (the one with red, smoking engines);

- and some others I think :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

A SD in the €150-170 range would be nice and plausible.

Yeah, but they’d have to include a stand like the UCS version, just for the ventral cannons‘ sake :wink: 

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Guyon2002The rest of the names have leaked as well a couple of days ago, thanks to someone snatching an early copy of the Visual Dictionary, but seeing how the book will soon be officially released there's probably no point in posting them :grin: Especially since the names leaked in form of a picture-less list, so we can still identify only two of the KoR by name at this point :classic: I wonder if they'll use the proper names for the remaining two whenever they show up in a set...

And I agree, there's plenty of stuff they could do for future waves, but it's all VERY spoiler-y. There's a reason the TROS set choices have been this safe :snicker:

Ah, didn't know that, I have been actively avoiding spoilers of any kind untill I could see it on the 18th. Just read the new comic and thought it was worth sharing as it's not really a spoiler :wink:

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I second this

3 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Then we must agree to disagree, there are definetely more potential sets

8 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Please no skimmer. A SD in the €150-170 range would be nice and plausible.

I don't see anything wrong with the skimmer, could be a nice 25-30$ set with another opportunity to get Poe from the Y-Wing set. I'd really like to get one of the SD's but it doesn't really look like something lego would do

Having seen TRoS, I can only think of two more obvious/necessary/possible sets:

Spoiler

-Ochee's ship, as @Lego-Freak says, (though I personally don't think this is very interesting), and

-Palpatine's throne room.  (Not a spoiler, I think, given it is known Palpatine returns, and the concept art of his throne has been spoken about online. If Lego makes such a set, it will be interesting to see how Palpatine appears - but to say more might be a spoiler?)

If I was pressed for a third, maybe a set involving chewie?

Edited by Tommy Thunder

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah, didn't know that, I have been actively avoiding spoilers of any kind untill I could see it on the 18th. Just read the new comic and thought it was worth sharing as it's not really a spoiler :wink:

I second this

Then we must agree to disagree, there are definetely more potential sets

I don't see anything wrong with the skimmer, could be a nice 25-30$ set with another opportunity to get Poe from the Y-Wing set. I'd really like to get one of the SD's but it doesn't really look like something lego would do

Admittedly I had forgot the Tie Whisper, which would be great, and/or the skimmer is likely given Rey is in only the Speeder chase so far.

Edited by Paul11283652
Better meaning.

Sure, not all of the ships I‘ve mentioned were equally important... Well, at least they‘re all more prominent than the Quadjumper, and that one did get a set (plus a micro model in this year‘s advent calendar) despite only being known for blowing up :grin:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, not all of the ships I‘ve mentioned were equally important... Well, at least they‘re all more prominent than the Quadjumper, and that one did get a set (plus a micro model in this year‘s advent calendar) despite only being known for blowing up :grin:

And the Quadjumper was seen 100% more than that weird walker from the first wave of Ep 8 sets :D

Looking forward to seeing TROS tonight! 

6 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

When there is only a new vehicle and no single location, how can the movie be covered, I could easily make up 15 more sets from that movie if it was up to me, and that goes for basically all movies, I just think they have a calculation on how many sets in total are viable to release a year before the compete with themselves

1 hour ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Reveal hidden contents

-Ochee's ship, as @Lego-Freak says, (though I personally don't think this is very interesting), and

-Palpatine's throne room.  (Not a spoiler, I think, given it is known Palpatine returns, and the concept art of his throne has been spoken about online. If Lego makes such a set, it will be interesting to see how Palpatine appears - but to say more might be a spoiler?)

Spoiler

Not only, I think a hut from Pasaana with one or two aki-aki and the fight when Finn and Jannah ride on these warthog horses. There is usually at least one or two location sets in the end, with Solo being the exception (still waiting for Kessel set fight there)

28 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

When there is only a new vehicle and no single location, how can the movie be covered, I could easily make up 15 more sets from that movie if it was up to me, and that goes for basically all movies, I just think they have a calculation on how many sets in total are viable to release a year before the compete with themselves

Hide contents

Not only, I think a hut from Pasaana with one or two aki-aki and the fight when Finn and Jannah ride on these warthog horses. There is usually at least one or two location sets in the end, with Solo being the exception (still waiting for Kessel set fight there)

I'd like to see the warthog horses in a set!

42 minutes ago, Tommy Thunder said:

I'd like to see the warthog horses in a set!

So do I, but after they‘ve skipped the Fathiers, I‘m not sure how realistic that idea actually is :sceptic:

So after seenig ep 9 I can definetley say first 2 waves are too safe and not spoilery. But i have to say that

Spoiler

Kylo Ren's shuttle isn't even in the movie! I guess it was just Lego wanting to make amends for doind this ship wrong in 2015.

55 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So after seenig ep 9 I can definetley say first 2 waves are too safe and not spoilery. But i have to say that

Hide contents

Kylo Ren's shuttle isn't even in the movie! I guess it was just Lego wanting to make amends for doind this ship wrong in 2015.

Funny, didnt even notice

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It is, parked inside the Star Destroyer when Kylo goes on Kijimi. We see it maybe 3 seconds in the background.

Edited by author

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, but they’d have to include a stand like the UCS version, just for the ventral cannons‘ sake :wink: 

I hope they do a prominent ventral cannon if it ever becomes a set, anything to distanguish it from the normal imp ones. (the stripe would be tough too, as it runs down the area that the lego model has a gap in)

It's so difficult to restrain myself from clicking on those spoiler tags... I have to wait two more days:cry3:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

So do I, but after they‘ve skipped the Fathiers, I‘m not sure how realistic that idea actually is :sceptic:

But a lot of people really hated everything to do with Canto Bight so it doesn't suprise me they've never appeared in a set before

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It's parked in the same hanger as the ship they got on Pasaana, you can only see it for a few seconds though 

8 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Hide contents

TIE Whisper and Pursuit Ship (KoR ship). Also, I would actually like to get another Star Destroyer. B-Wing could also be a set.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

But a lot of people really hated everything to do with Canto Bight so it doesn't suprise me they've never appeared in a set before

Reveal hidden contents

It's parked in the same hanger as the ship they got on Pasaana, you can only see it for a few seconds though 

To your point, a lot of people hated prequels but we still got sets on them...

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

B-Wing could also be a set.

Definetely agree, last one came out in 2014 so it would be 6 years since the last one