MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 12/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

At the rate they’re going with higher priced UCS sets, I’m gonna fall behind very quickly. It’ll be a while before I can get the Star Destroyer. I hope they just release a couple of $200 UCS sets next year instead of a $200 and a $350-800 set

Agree with this.

Word to the wise i.e. everyone - if someone posts spoilers, DO NOT REPLY. Use the Report button. If you have replied to them, then the spoilers will remain after they have been banned and their posts deleted.

With that said, anyone who wants to be a real smarty and posts spoilers (fake or real) will be banned. Thanks! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Word to the wise i.e. everyone - if someone posts spoilers, DO NOT REPLY. Use the Report button. If you have replied to them, then the spoilers will remain after they have been banned and their posts deleted.

With that said, anyone who wants to be a real smarty and posts spoilers (fake or real) will be banned. Thanks! :thumbup:

I always approve of anti-spoiler measures in these forums but wouldn't it be better to close the thread untill Lucasfilm lifts their spoilerban just like the mods did with the Marvel thread when Avengers: Endgame came out? That's just my two cents ofcourse

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Good call, this is greatly appreciated 

I’ve managed to order the 2020 set (sans Mando BP) and will most likely receive them tomorrow :classic: I’ll also see TROS tomorrow evening, so that‘s bound to be a great day :sweet: 

If there’s anything you’d like me to take pictures of (like comparison pics), I’d gladly comply :thumbup: (I‘m referring to the sets and not the film obvs :grin:)

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I always approve of anti-spoiler measures in these forums but wouldn't it be better to close the thread untill Lucasfilm lifts their spoilerban just like the mods did with the Marvel thread when Avengers: Endgame came out? That's just my two cents ofcourse

I agree. I've also evidently missed something.

1 hour ago, Renown said:

#completethefleet

Can someone explain this? I assume it has something to do with the rebel fleet but all I get when I search this is stuff about the goodyear blimp.

2 hours ago, Renown said:

#completethefleet

Are you saying what I think you’re saying? If so, excellent 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Are you saying what I think you’re saying? If so, excellent 

It could mean one of a number of things. I'm being intentionally cryptic about it but it could probably be narrowed down to one of two or three possibilities. What do you think? 

19 minutes ago, Renown said:

It could mean one of a number of things. I'm being intentionally cryptic about it but it could probably be narrowed down to one of two or three possibilities. What do you think? 

To me, it implies a UCS A-Wing

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

To me, it implies a UCS A-Wing

I was thinking more of a capital type ship like home one, or a liberty-class, but the A-wing makes much more sense. This is very exciting, we'll have the core OT starfighters in UCS form at last.

Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter would be a pretty cool set for the summer wave imo, maybe an Imperial remnants battlepack as well? All going alongside the possible Razor Crest ofcourse

Another possible set, big spoiler warning though:

Spoiler

Two Imperial speeders and Kuill with the Child on a Blurrg would be awesome too. But lego tends to not do sets based directly on character deaths

I'm really looking forward to seeing how lego will fill future waves since we're not getting another movie anytime soon

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter would be a pretty cool set for the summer wave imo [...]

I thought it was a regular TIE when watching the trailer... In what way is it different? A new model or a modified version? :sweet:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter would be a pretty cool set for the summer wave imo, maybe an Imperial remnants battlepack as well? All going alongside the possible Razor Crest ofcourse

So like 75211 with hinges? It would be good but it’s unlikely.

55 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

So like 75211 with hinges? It would be good but it’s unlikely.

Oh, so it‘s the Outlander TIE Fighter we‘ve heard about a while ago? That might justify a set, even though it‘s just the landing position that‘s different :tongue:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I thought it was a regular TIE when watching the trailer... In what way is it different? A new model or a modified version? :sweet:

The wings fold and the cockpit has some weird extension thingies, that design paired with the possible minifigures would definetely something I'd buy

As has been the case every time for the past few Star Wars movies, please refrain from posting spoilers for at least 1 week. After that, please use spoiler tags for a couple more weeks. This is to be considerate. So don't whine about how other people should stay off the internet if they haven't seen it yet. If you must shout your opinion, then do it in a PM for now. I would very much like to see the movie without it being spoiler by regulating this site. I'm sure others would like the same kind of consideration.

This is your only warning.

Seeing TROS actually makes me appreciate the TFF wave and the upcoming wave a little more. There really isn't much to do without spoiling anything, that said there are still plenty of possible sets so we can definetely expect LEGO to make more TROS sets far into 2020

Just in case anyone didn't know yet, the 'Rise of Kylo Ren' comic started today and its supposed to give us more insight in the Knights of Ren. First issue revealed the name of the Knight we're getting with the TIE Dagger to be Trudgen

@Guyon2002The rest of the names have leaked as well a couple of days ago, thanks to someone snatching an early copy of the Visual Dictionary, but seeing how the book will soon be officially released there's probably no point in posting them :grin: Especially since the names leaked in form of a picture-less list, so we can still identify only two of the KoR by name at this point :classic: I wonder if they'll use the proper names for the remaining two whenever they show up in a set...

And I agree, there's plenty of stuff they could do for future waves, but it's all VERY spoiler-y. There's a reason the TROS set choices have been this safe :snicker: