MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The more I look at pictures of the battle pack the more I love it! I would have like to get a red Mandalorian though (guess I’ll have to bricklink Sabine wren with her helmet). 

The only thing that disappoints me a little is the fact that there isn’t any leg printing on the brown Mando. Does anyone know of any good alternatives? I thought maybe the orange mandos legs since they just have the grey pattern. Or maybe the Mandalorian’s legs from the atst raider.

Just now, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

The more I look at pictures of the battle pack the more I love it! I would have like to get a red Mandalorian though (guess I’ll have to bricklink Sabine wren with her helmet). 

The only thing that disappoints me a little is the fact that there isn’t any leg printing on the brown Mando. Does anyone know of any good alternatives? I thought maybe the orange mandos legs since they just have the grey pattern. Or maybe the Mandalorian’s legs from the atst raider.

Wyldstyle's legs from TLM2 will probably look terrific on that Mandalorian!

I’m glad to see we’re finally getting a different visor design, as we saw in TCW show(her name is escaping me). These color schemed ones could show up in one or more of the other 5 episodes we have left. Or the “based on” is simply due to being Mandalorians who aren’t Fett.

35 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’m glad to see we’re finally getting a different visor design, as we saw in TCW show(her name is escaping me). These color schemed ones could show up in one or more of the other 5 episodes we have left. Or the “based on” is simply due to being Mandalorians who aren’t Fett.

Bo Katan is her name and I too am glad we are getting a mix of male and female Mandalorians in the bp. It's nice to have some variety. Sadly the Fetts are not Mandalorians for some stupid reason(George Lucas never gave us one other than to say they're not despite their skill, naming scheme and overall appearance saying otherwise). I choose to believe the Fetts are an excommunicated Mando clan but that's just me. I'm veering off topic.

I definitely like the variety that we're getting in this pack and it will certainly be great for army building Mandalorian clans. It's just a shame none of them come with jetpacks. Well, it looks like I better add some to my bricklink order along with proper blaster replacements...

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wyldstyle's legs from TLM2 will probably look terrific on that Mandalorian!

Good Idea, I'll have to order some

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I think these are assumably loose interpretations

Spoiler

of the covent. it's likely that if we ever get a scene with them where there's a bit of light, we can see their colours.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Bo Katan is her name and I too am glad we are getting a mix of male and female Mandalorians in the bp. It's nice to have some variety. Sadly the Fetts are not Mandalorians for some stupid reason(George Lucas never gave us one other than to say they're not despite their skill, naming scheme and overall appearance saying otherwise). I choose to believe the Fetts are an excommunicated Mando clan but that's just me. I'm veering off topic.

I definitely like the variety that we're getting in this pack and it will certainly be great for army building Mandalorian clans. It's just a shame none of them come with jetpacks. Well, it looks like I better add some to my bricklink order along with proper blaster replacements...

Ah yes, that’s her, thank you. I like that idea, that they’re excommunicated. It’s a shame at least a couple didn’t have jet packs, but like guns, it’s easy to remedy. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Good Idea, I'll have to order some

I think these are assumably loose interpretations

Hide contents

of the covent. it's likely that if we ever get a scene with them where there's a bit of light, we can see their colours.

That’s pretty much what I figured when I read the association with the show.

Even if those color schemes don’t show up in the series, the based on still works since we have a number of different colored Mandos now.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Sadly the Fetts are not Mandalorians for some stupid reason(George Lucas never gave us one other than to say they're not despite their skill, naming scheme and overall appearance saying otherwise). I choose to believe the Fetts are an excommunicated Mando clan but that's just me. I'm veering off topic.

The Mandalorian himself isn't a true Mandalorian either, maybe Jango Fett is a Foundling as well?

My guess is that this BP is just a rehash of the older Mandalorian BP, but with more actual colors, that could blend more easily with actual set based on the show.

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

My guess is that this BP is just a rehash of the older Mandalorian BP, but with more actual colors, that could blend more easily with actual set based on the show.

My thoughts also. It’s more likely loose interpretation than based on any as-yet-unseen battle scene. Would have preferred to see something more aligned with the rescue of the Child scenes but hey ho...

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Mandalorian himself isn't a true Mandalorian either, maybe Jango Fett is a Foundling as well?

The Mandalorian is a true Mandalorian.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think Jango just stole mandalorian armor

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the show is leading towards dealing with what makes a 'true mandalorian'. 

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the show is leading towards dealing with what makes a 'true mandalorian'. 

And I think this thread is again leading toward discussing the show and not the Star Wars 2020 sets...

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He's a Foundling, they havent truly explained what a Foundling is yet but from the flashbacks it looks like a Foundling is basically a non-Mandalorian adopted by Mandalorians

But we should really go back to topic

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Will they have normal heads with prints or just black heads?

I'd bet they'll have black heads if only to save on cost.

Just now, Lucarex said:

I'd say they don't need printed heads, because real Mandalorians never remove their helmets. 

4 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'd say they don't need printed heads, because real Mandalorians never remove their helmets. 

Wait, what? Do they actually state that on the show? But the Mandos in TCW and Rebels always remove their helmets, and Dave Filoni was involved in all three shows :wacko: Jon Favreau even voiced Pre Viszla! Weird inconsistency, if so...

I do hope they include two male and two female generic faceprints, I'd even accept Jyn Erso's, Tina Goldstein's, Bruce Wayne's and the cook's faceprints over blank heads :laugh:

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Will they have normal heads with prints or just black heads?

we don't know

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

If they wanted to save on cost, they could give us black heads for stormtroopers instead of angry clone.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, what? Do they actually state that on the show? But the Mandos in TCW and Rebels always remove their helmets, and Dave Filoni was involved in all three shows :wacko: Jon Favreau even voiced Pre Viszla! Weird inconsistency, if so...

I do hope they include two male and two female generic faceprints, I'd even accept Jyn Erso's, Tina Goldstein's, Bruce Wayne's and the cook's faceprints over blank heads :laugh:

Spoiler

They do, I believe these mandalorians may be a splinter group that was drawn underground at some point, and over time adopted thier culture or something, becuase there's no way Filoni would miss something that obvious. We should probably get back to topic though

So would I

Love to get a mandalorian set because of the unique minifigures it comes with.

Edited by AMD

Anyone see the 2019 employee gift? It's a Christmas themed x wing with a very nice looking environment build. Also seems to have a 20th anniversary star wars logo on the box. Anyone know more about this and if it has exclusive figures? Would love instructions and a part list personally

19 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Anyone see the 2019 employee gift? It's a Christmas themed x wing with a very nice looking environment build. Also seems to have a 20th anniversary star wars logo on the box. Anyone know more about this and if it has exclusive figures? Would love instructions and a part list personally

Yup, it's being discussed in the 2019 thread

After having seen the new mandalorian episode

Spoiler

The set seems accurate enough. I don't think Cara Dune's figure is very accurate, and of course the mando's armor is wrong for that scene but the klatoonians seem accurate. We don't really get a good look at the walker in light, but it definately has the markings at least on the head that the set has, and it's not unlikely that it does have the red and brown in actual lighting.

One thing the ROS sets have severely lacked so far is a variety of foot soldiers. We need more stormtroopers (the Sith Trooper BP helps with this) and we definitely need more Resistance soldiers/pilots. At least we finally got Connix but now I’m determined in getting Dominic Monaghan’s character

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

One thing the ROS sets have severely lacked so far is a variety of foot soldiers. We need more stormtroopers (the Sith Trooper BP helps with this) and we definitely need more Resistance soldiers/pilots. At least we finally got Connix but now I’m determined in getting Dominic Monaghan’s character

I don't think the mini-figs are lacking, my problem is that the sets are almost 1/1 the wave we got in 2015.

Kylo Ren's shuttle, poe's x-wing, speeder set with rey and bb-8 set on a sandy planet, a-wing, y-wing. 

It's boring. 

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I don't think the mini-figs are lacking, my problem is that the sets are almost 1/1 the wave we got in 2015.

Kylo Ren's shuttle, poe's x-wing, speeder set with rey and bb-8 set on a sandy planet, a-wing, y-wing. 

It's boring. 

First off, we didn't get an a-wing or y-wing for TFA, that's blatently false. In addition, the speeder set is completely different, being a skiff with a first order speeder and a stand. It looks nothing like the rey's speeder set from 2015.

I will concede that two of the sets are similar, however. Poe's x-wing is a different colour scheme and updated, especially around the engines, but it at the core another x-wing. And the shuttle, while again very similar, is a remake that fixes all the numerous problems with the TFA model, such as the colour and wings.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don't think that's too much of a problem, as anyone collecting over the past few years should already have a ton of resistance and first order troops, with the exception of the new sith troopers we're getting a battlepack for. It would be nice to get dominic monaghan's character though.