MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Nice set as a stand-alone, but clearly nothing to do with the actual Mandalorian battle scene in ep3. Which is a bit disappointing to say the least.

As they say, it’s not despair but the hope that kills you.

Edited by Lucarex

Honestly, I'm kinda underwhelmed. The rusted Mando speeder is the better choice for a build, but I do think things could have been better. Toss in a few jetpacks, dull down the colours maybe.

I’ve overall stopped buying LEGO Star Wars in recent years, but I must say that Mando pack is tempting.

Overall a very nice set of figures for a battle pack.

I find it weird that nobody yet speculated about the heads under the helmets :D

Four black ones? Two angry clone and two "generic angry female Jyn Erso"? FOUR angry clone? :D

Anyway, although we haven't seen any of the characters on screen yet (and who knows if we will), I think this is going to be a day 1 purchase for me. Love the capes, the callback to the earlier TCW Mando BP, the details of the figures, everything so far.

1 hour ago, jhuyser said:

I’ve overall stopped buying LEGO Star Wars in recent years, but I must say that Mando pack is tempting.

Overall a very nice set of figures for a battle pack.

same
last set; old Luke; before Kylo's big shuttle with 70% retail

4 interesting and unique figures in a cheap set. Thx TLG <3
Just sad the dark brown one doesn't appear to have any leg printing. Spare legs from Apocalypse Wildstyle should suit him.

And I hope they'll have black heads. Mando figs have an accented covered neck.

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'm already looking at their different legs and torso prints and wondering about mixing them up if I get multiples of the set to create different looking characters! I like the ones with blue and green colour schemes as I can mix them up with the old Deathwatch Mandalorians as well! Honestly I think we are going to get a LOT more Mandalorian sets in the summer - I think they are cautious about TV tie-in sets after Rebels and Resistance but will definitely capitalise on how popular Mandalorians are

Orange and blue go well together as well. I'm currently bricklinking another copy of the 2011 mando pack to mix with a second one of this. Heck, I might buy three. I agree with your idea at the end there, as well. Mandalorians are some of the most merchandisable star wars characters (for good reason), anything lego puts out will sell like hot cakes, but they couldn't put anything with any more than one mandalorian in it in the earlier sets to avoid spoilers.

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

This is really interesting news about there being no identifiable Mandos. I can't help but think that Lego were only shown concept art or footage of certain non-spoilery Mandalorian characters or wanted to save the unique Mandalorians for sets later down the line (which would be very like them considering how they're releasing the Knights of Ren over three separate waves). I don't actually mind as because of the popularity of the series we'll definitely get more sets later on which means more unique Mandalorian figures - seriously any toys based on this series are going to sell like hot cakes. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

While I would have loved some jet packs, I love that they all have the new Mandalorian capes

Yeah! and there's at least two cape variations too, both of which are new in those colours at least.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

I find it weird that nobody yet speculated about the heads under the helmets :D

Four black ones? Two angry clone and two "generic angry female Jyn Erso"? FOUR angry clone? :D

Anyway, although we haven't seen any of the characters on screen yet (and who knows if we will), I think this is going to be a day 1 purchase for me. Love the capes, the callback to the earlier TCW Mando BP, the details of the figures, everything so far.

It's near impossible to see under the helmets, but I'm optimistic we'll see four different face prints (As cool as this pack is, asking for black heads for characters that need them (stormtroopers, etc), is somehow too much, despite the fact that it would be cheaper). Having 4 different faces is common in "good guy" packs of four non-clones.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Looks great, definitely one of the better battlepacks made, I take back my dissapointment over pure Mandalorian BP

BTW, when will the release be this time? Before or after christmas?

I think most likely next year in the winter wave.

The Mando bp looks great, if not a tad bit disappointing only in that I had really hoped the blue Mando would be Paz Viszla with heavy armor, a jet pack and heavy weapon. I had also hoped we would get the Armorer. I still would love to get the Beskar forge in a set. Still. fantastic looking bp I'll just need to do some modding to make the blue one Paz Viszla and obviously replace all the stud shooters. 

Edited by ToaDraco

Great BP!  I would not have guessed we would get so many different figures. The only question that remains is: how many copies do I buy?

8 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Nice set as a stand-alone, but clearly nothing to do with the actual Mandalorian battle scene in ep3. Which is a bit disappointing to say the least.

As they say, it’s not despair but the hope that kills you.

Please keep in mind that basically no minifig or verhicle introduced with the first Mandalorian set has made yet an appearance in the show. I think we can assume that the Mandalorian sets are based on scenes from Season 1.

The reason why there is e. g. no minifig of the child is that Disney made sure that the merchandise would not create major spoilers for the show.

Furthermore, TLG doesn't always create accurate depictions of scenes. The battle droids from 75042 and 75043 for example are from the TCW series, not from Episode III. In the battle of Kashyyyk, so-called "security droids" were seen.

If this is not an accident, which I believe is not the case, TLG has begun to introduce minifigures which they find interesting in sets they loosely fit in, no matter if parts of the sets are from different origins (films or series), probably to increase the value of the set. I'm fine with that, since it increases the chance to get minifigs we may not get otherswise.

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

Please keep in mind that basically no minifig or verhicle introduced with the first Mandalorian set has made yet an appearance in the show. I think we can assume that the Mandalorian sets are based on scenes from Season 1.

The reason why there is e. g. no minifig of the child is that Disney made sure that the merchandise would not create major spoilers for the show.

My theory is that these characters are from later on in the season as another group of Mandos which is why Lego tried to keep them hidden 

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Great BP!  I would not have guessed we would get so many different figures. The only question that remains is: how many copies do I buy?

I’m getting at least 2! I’ve just noticed that apart from being the same colour pieces as torsos the legs do not continue printing down from the torso because of the belt, so hopefully it should be easy to swap their helmets and legs around to make even more unique Mandos. 

Mando mando mando! I want that BP! Looks awesome!

so far i’ll have to buy that mando bp, ben’s little house, the tusken raider on the bricky bantha. Good wave

Its the only winter wave in a few years that has not completely dissapointed me. Mando BP, Bens Hut plus bricklinking a few TRoS figures

6 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The Mando bp looks great, if not a tad bit disappointing only in that I had really hoped the blue Mando would be Paz Viszla with heavy armor, a jet pack and heavy weapon. I had also hoped we would get the Armorer. I still would love to get the Beskar forge in a set. Still. fantastic looking bp I'll just need to do some modding to make the blue one Paz Viszla and obviously replace all the stud shooters. 

I’m optimistic about the odds of getting the Armorer and Paz Viszla down the line. We just met Paz Viszla and he’s already a very popular character. Same with the Armorer as soon as she was shown in the first episode

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The most disappointing thing about this wave are definetely the prices of the larger sets

Yup. I think they look marvelous but the prices are terrifying

Hot damn, that is one terrific battlepack!
Definitely not directly related to the show, but great nonetheless. It's nice to see these colorful, slightly damaged variants like this. 
I love that little hover scooter as well :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m optimistic about the odds of getting the Armorer and Paz Viszla down the line. We just met Paz Viszla and he’s already a very popular character. Same with the Armorer as soon as she was shown in the first episode

Please use spoilers when you answer, but which one has been named as Paz Viszla?

18 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Please use spoilers when you answer, but which one has been named as Paz Viszla?

Heavy infantry one, that wanted to fight Mandolorian.

This Battle Pack is amazing. Minifigures are incredible, all of them are perfect. The builds are also really good, I love getting little terrain builds.

Do we know if it's actually based on the show, or was this just an assumption?

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This Battle Pack is amazing. Minifigures are incredible, all of them are perfect. The builds are also really good, I love getting little terrain builds.

Since it's unlikely that the Mandalorians are from TCW: Season 7, I'd consider it a strong assumption :)

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The codename for this set was "Huckleberry Battle Pack." Huckleberry is the codename that was used for The Mandalorian show during its production. So I assume its based on the show, however lose that connection may be. 

10 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

My theory is that these characters are from later on in the season as another group of Mandos which is why Lego tried to keep them hidden 

I’m getting at least 2! I’ve just noticed that apart from being the same colour pieces as torsos the legs do not continue printing down from the torso because of the belt, so hopefully it should be easy to swap their helmets and legs around to make even more unique Mandos. 

Yes, I'm buying 2 copies and a 2011 pack, these will be great to get a ton of and swap the parts around

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is almost 100% based on the show.