MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because it was the release of all TROS/Mandalorian/Fallen Order merchandise in general, not just lego. Not releasing anything based on Fallen Order was lego's own choice, Hasbro for example did release some Fallen Order related things

Luckily lego can be generous from time to time, just look at the Zori and Kylo figures in the new microfighters

true, those are great. i have no interest in a zorri, (though that might change after TROS, since all we've seen her do so far is stand around), but the double punch of the new kylo (and ingots in dark titanium looking like beskar on the ship) and the set being only $10 makes it a day one buy for me

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally I would have preferred a Resistance Y-Wing pilot to Zorri coming in the microfighter since I have her from the larger set. But I can definitely see how appealing it is for people who didn’t get the set for any reason to have her included in something as cheap as a microfighter

Luckily, resistance x-wing pilots are pretty easy to find, and if it's anything like the OT, the suits will be the same.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

true, those are great. i have no interest in a zorri, (though that might change after TROS, since all we've seen her do so far is stand around), but the double punch of the new kylo (and ingots in dark titanium looking like beskar on the ship) and the set being only $10 makes it a day one buy for me

Luckily, resistance x-wing pilots are pretty easy to find, and if it's anything like the OT, the suits will be the same.

Zorii Bliss isn’t part of the Resistance though. It wouldn’t make sense for her y-wing to include a Resistance pilot.

@Falconfan1414 said that the chances for at least one Fallen Order set are "pretty good". This would be my most wanted set of 2020. This game is incredible. I love Cal Kestis, plus his droid is the cutest SW droid ever. We could get either a playset with Cal, 2nd Sister, Purge Trooper and BD-1, or a ship (like Mantis or Inqusitior ship) with more minifigs.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@Falconfan1414 said that the chances for at least one Fallen Order set are "pretty good". This would be my most wanted set of 2020. This game is incredible. I love Cal Kestis, plus his droid is the cutest SW droid ever. We could get either a playset with Cal, 2nd Sister, Purge Trooper and BD-1, or a ship (like Mantis or Inqusitior ship) with more minifigs.

That would be really nice. He also said he Mando battlepacks includes an “amazing first” for battlepacks. Not sure exactly what he meant but it sounds great. He specifically said it doesn’t include the child, but maybe a new mold or something? Have battlepacks ever introduced new molds?

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That would be really nice. He also said he Mando battlepacks includes an “amazing first” for battlepacks. Not sure exactly what he meant but it sounds great. He specifically said it doesn’t include the child, but maybe a new mold or something? Have battlepacks ever introduced new molds?

Yes, they have. There were quite a few Clone Trooper helmet variants first seen in Battlepacks (Kashyyyk-Scout, 212-Airbourne, the ARC-trooper helmet and I think even the CW style scout helmet) and also the Bounty Hunter battlepack gave us a new mold for 4-LOM. Oh and one of the very first BPs ever was the Rebel Soldier BP with the first Rebel Navy trooper helmets.

So the "amazing first" probably doesn't refer to new molds in general. It might refer to one specific new mold for some alien race that we've never got in Lego so far...

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, some examples: Battlefront jetpack, R1 rebel helmet, Patrol Trooper helmet, Praetorian Guard helmet 

You guys are right, I just couldn’t rack my brain to remember all the battlepacks we’ve gotten. There have been a lot of new molds I suppose. Maybe a fifth figure or something? I don’t know. Something noteworthy I would think, judging by the way he phrased it

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You guys are right, I just couldn’t rack my brain to remember all the battlepacks we’ve gotten. There have been a lot of new molds I suppose. Maybe a fifth figure or something? I don’t know. Something noteworthy I would think, judging by the way he phrased it

We already have confirmation of the pack containing 4 figures

A vehicle that isn‘t random set dressing? :laugh: Just kidding, there have been plenty of BPs with actually existing vehicles, e.g. 75207. I have no idea what else this “amazing first” could refer to... 

8 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Zorii Bliss isn’t part of the Resistance though. It wouldn’t make sense for her y-wing to include a Resistance pilot.

No, but she's in the y-wing in the normal set, seen piloting it, so it seems possible that at some point she will pilot a resistance y-wing. Lego star wars sets rarely get which character pilots which ship wrong. And something tells me she'll end up fighting with the resistance during the film, even if she isn't officially part of it, per se.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

dang, i was hoping for that character. I guess now we have to wait and see if they ever do a razorcrest set.

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A vehicle that isn‘t random set dressing? :laugh: Just kidding, there have been plenty of BPs with actually existing vehicles, e.g. 75207. I have no idea what else this “amazing first” could refer to... 

It could, and stay with me here because this kind of seems like a pipe dream, include actual blasters AND stud shooters.

New SW polybag leaked of Poe's x-wing, the colouring doesn't work at that scale because it's too small to get the patterns right,but the ship looks pretty good for an x-wing polybag. I like that they have a new design for the cannons, it looks much more accurate

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It could, and stay with me here because this kind of seems like a pipe dream, include actual blasters AND stud shooters.

If they ever decided to do that, wouldn’t they introduce that change with both BP’s of a wave rather than just one of them? :wink: Besides, appeasing some AFOLs on the internet is probably hardly worth the additional cost :grin:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

If they ever decided to do that, wouldn’t they introduce that change with both BP’s of a wave rather than just one of them? :wink: Besides, appeasing some AFOLs on the internet is probably hardly worth the additional cost :grin:

I don't know, but I can't think of any other "amazing firsts" There's already been battlepacks, such as the 2014 kasyyyk pack, with an actual good build, new molds, AND four army-builder figures without a random officer. The amazing first can't be new molds, as we've already gotten those (2014 utapau pack as one example). it can't be capes, we've had those before (2018 jedi and clone troopers pack as a example). It's been confirmed that it's not baby yoda and that there's still four figures. I'm not saying my idea's at all likely, and you bring up a valid point that blows a pretty big hole in my idea, but I honestly cannot think of what this could be.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

When asked if we’ll get the last two KOR, Falconfan said “summer”. So that’s great to hear. Also, he said we will 100% be getting more sets for The Mandalorian

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[snip]
plus his droid is the cutest SW droid ever

Couldn't agree more, haha.
I think Purge Trooper are the likeliest additions to an SWJ:FO set, aside from Cal & BD-1 of course. BD probably being a brick-built thingy, but still. 
I guess it all depends on how big the set will be. Personally, the Mantis isn't a must-have for me, but I can't think of anything else for a good build. And, generally speaking, the Mantis does makes sense a lot of course.
If the set is 'that' big, Second Sister is definitely probable as well. 

Oh, God. I just thought of something. But it's probably wishful thinking :blush: a Bracca-inspired set with a piece of Venator wreckage :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

When asked if we’ll get the last two KOR, Falconfan said “summer”. So that’s great to hear. Also, he said we will 100% be getting more sets for The Mandalorian

Is Razor Crest set becoming an actual facy and not a dream? I defintely hope so.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is Razor Crest set becoming an actual facy and not a dream? I defintely hope so.

Not confirmed, but I guess this confirms more sets in general. Maybe one, maybe more, but he said 100%. I think the Razor Crest would be fairly likely. I know we haven’t met him yet, but judging by the trailer, Moff Gideon’s TIE could be another possibility for a future set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because it was the release of all TROS/Mandalorian/Fallen Order merchandise in general, not just lego. Not releasing anything based on Fallen Order was lego's own choice, Hasbro for example did release some Fallen Order related things

Luckily lego can be generous from time to time, just look at the Zori and Kylo figures in the new microfighters

As a minifig collector, its not garuanteed this make anything better, if course Zorii Will get cheaper, but likely the other figurers in the Y-wing Will get more expensive

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

More Mandalorian sets sounds good to me, hopefully THE baby and Razor Crest are happening.

Edited by benderisgreat

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm personally hoping the build is the Beskar forge with the figures being the Mandolorian in full Beskar, the Heavy Mandolorian, the Armorer, and another random Mandolorian. 

I'm very glad to hear we'll be getting more Mandolorian sets. The Razor Crest is a must. It's also nice to hear we will be getting more RoS sets as I fully expect to get the last 2 Knights of Ren. I'm still really bummed we haven't even gotten 1 set based on Fallen Order. Hopefully that changes.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Could the "amazing first" be dual-molded arms/legs? I don't recall that ever happening for Lego Star Wars outside a 1 or 2 rare examples. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s good to hear :moar: I hope they manage to represent all of the core cast this time around, unlike RO and Solo *angrily squints at negative space where Saw, Galen and Dryden minifigs are supposed to be*

54 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Could the "amazing first" be dual-molded arms/legs? I don't recall that ever happening for Lego Star Wars outside a 1 or 2 rare examples. 

Nope. I don't know what qualifies as an "amazing first" these days, but the only thing of (mild) interest I can see in this set is that it includes four distinct figures (all Mandalorian warriors), each with a cape.

I'm wondering if the "amazing first" could be chrome pieces.

2 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

Is there a way to block specific posters so you can't see their posts please?

No, there's not. Sorry. Feel free to PM me if needed.