MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

As a UK person who wont be seeing anything Disney+ streamed until its launched next year I welcome the use of the spoiler tag - that way I can choose to see and read anything Mandalorian or not until is actually available to watch. I'm always keen to see new sets but prefer to avoid the associated story line discussions where I can.

Just now, Hold0511 said:

As a UK person who wont be seeing anything Disney+ streamed until its launched next year I welcome the use of the spoiler tag - that way I can choose to see and read anything Mandalorian or not until is actually available to watch. I'm always keen to see new sets but prefer to avoid the associated story line discussions where I can.

Spoiler ban is lifted for first two episodes. If you want to wait until you watch the show, that's your problem. Stay off the internet for a few months if you don't want it spoiled.

25 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

I'm not sure why you'd wait 5 months for Disney+ when you can watch online now. The first season will wrap before Christmas and merch will be everywhere.

Your only other option I'm afraid is to go and hibernate in a cave until Spring :laugh:

32 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

You could always brexit this forum :grin:

Some new 75267 Mandalorian Battle Pack info - it's based on that scene in Chapter 3 (you know which one), it includes 4 Mandalorians and one of them is using the leaked torso. No info on when the pictures will surface.

I am so hyped for that set, but it's actually extremely impressive that they are able to keep that set from leaking. All the January sets leaked, and this one hasn't.

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Spoiler ban is lifted for first two episodes. If you want to wait until you watch the show, that's your problem. Stay off the internet for a few months if you don't want it spoiled.

If that's how you want to play... Instead of using a simple spoiler tag...

From now on, this thread will ony be about the 2020 setsdiscussion, with actual information. No speculations, no wishlist, and of course, no discussion about any movie or show, in spoiler tags or not.

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some new 75267 Mandalorian Battle Pack info - it's based on that scene in Chapter 3 (you know which one), it includes 4 Mandalorians and one of them is using the leaked torso. No info on when the pictures will surface.

I am so hyped for that set, but it's actually extremely impressive that they are able to keep that set from leaking. All the January sets leaked, and this one hasn't.

Was there really leaks? I thought they were official reveals

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At least it's not a 45+ minute 13 episode low budget series on Netflix that feels very boring sometimes.

Jon Favreu didn't have to make the series extremely long, so he decided he's gonna write a script that he thinks will work best. Not everything has to be long, this show is amazing, not a single moment in an episode feels boring and unnecessary.

True, but still cannot hela that I expected 10 hours of awesomeness ;)

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

If that's how you want to play... Instead of using a simple spoiler tag...

From now on, this thread will ony be about the 2020 setsdiscussion, with actual information. No speculations, no wishlist, and of course, no discussion about any movie or show, in spoiler tags or not.

There is no spoiler tag on phone, and I do not have a computer. Disney / Star Wars / Jona Favreu officially revealed an image of Baby Yoda. It is not a spoiler anymore.

If you are using internet, and you don't want to get the show spoiled - it's impossible. Until Disney+ gets to Europe, it will be 4 months after the Season Finale airs. Watching this show is just as simple as typing "Mandalorian episode 1/2/3 full" on Google.

If a person wants to wait 5 and a half months until he can watch the show, he will get it spoiled, one way or another. 

There were no actual spoilers on this forum - we didn't talk about the plot or certain plot twist. Just the Baby Yoda (not a spoiler anymore), inclusion of Mandalorians (they were shown in the first episode, which has no spoiler ban anymore; actually, the show is called The Mandalorian, what did we expect?) and one or two moments that could make a good set (like a battle totally out of context).

A spoiler ban being lifted for something like Endgame is one thing, because everyone had an equal chance to go see it and if they hadn’t seen it by then, it was their choice. This is different. Some people don’t have a (legal) opportunity to watch The Mandalorian and aren’t comfortable pirating it, I think that’s something that should still be respected. I’m in the US so I have full access and I’m caught up, but there’s no harm in simply taking the extra measures to let others have the same full experience. Spoilers are everywhere but that doesn’t mean we can’t make this a place people can still go to when they don’t want spoilers but they want to discuss lego. Plus the mods have spoken, end of discussion.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A spoiler ban being lifted for something like Endgame is one thing, because everyone had an equal chance to go see it and if they hadn’t seen it by then, it was their choice. This is different. Some people don’t have a (legal) opportunity to watch The Mandalorian and aren’t comfortable pirating it, I think that’s something that should still be respected. I’m in the US so I have full access and I’m caught up, but there’s no harm in simply taking the extra measures to let others have the same full experience. Spoilers are everywhere but that doesn’t mean we can’t make this a place people can still go to when they don’t want spoilers but they want to discuss lego. Plus the mods have spoken, end of discussion.

Let's put it simple: if anyone has a problem with watching it without Disney+, he will get the show spoiled. We can't discuss the sets without talking about the Mandalorians that appear in the show or new Mandalorian's armor.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's more about having the decency towards other fans not to spoil things. You got the full experience, why shouldn't others?

4 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As has always been the case in the SW forum, we ask that people use Spoiler tags as a courtesy to others. We usually try to shoot for the 2 week window to allow people to see the movies. The Mandalorian is different because there are fewer restraints for some people (it's a 40 min time commitment and doesn't cost a movie ticket) and more restrictions for others (it hasn't bee released in most of the world). So no matter what this is going to be tricky.

As Moderators and Regulators we ask that those who have seen the show please be considerate. But for those who haven't, please be realistic about your expectations. The show is going to be talked about. If not here then on every other website. Spoilers are impossible to avoid completely and you just have to accept that. Don't get in a huff if you think something has been spoiled for you on this thread.

Does Poe’s X-Wing have a new cockpit canopy print, or is it the same as the one from the OT X-Wing, 75218?  I can’t tell.

The pattern of the print is the same, but the color is white instead of sand blue.

11 hours ago, Bricktastrophe said:

@Mandalorianknight is a spoiler tag necessary? Lucasfilm has plastered The Child's image everywhere since Chapter 1 first aired. And its no secret there are Mandalorians in a show titled 'The Mandalorian.' 

Someone mentioned a leaked 'Heavy Infantry' torso weeks ago, but the Armourer was not in the Chapter 3 fight scene, so I think its less likely she'll be in the battlepack. 

I would still say just to have common decency towards others, as the mods and admins have said.

10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Too many R2s? What a stupid complaint. Every time a figure shows up in multiple sets of the same wave it's a good thing, even if it is someone we've gotten countless times like R2 (who I'm pretty sure still holds the record for most appearances in LEGO sets). I'm really sick of LEGO making figures exclusive to one set, but I know it'll never change.

I get the complainers point about too many artoos in general, but as long as his appearances make logical sense I think it's ok.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do you get to decide the spoiler ban? It seemed to me the general consensus was 2 weeks, not one. And mentioning

Spoiler

the heavy infantry guy, or that the mandalorians join the fight

IS definately a spoiler for chapter 3, which came out literally the day you made the comment. I'd just say, it takes about 1/2 a second to click the spoiler tag, and it's nice for people who haven't seen it yet, so why not?

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would still say just to have common decency towards others, as the mods and admins have said.

I get the complainers point about too many artoos in general, but as long as his appearances make logical sense I think it's ok.

Why do you get to decide the spoiler ban? It seemed to me the general consensus was 2 weeks, not one. And mentioning

Hide contents

the heavy infantry guy, or that the mandalorians join the fight

IS definately a spoiler for chapter 3, which came out literally the day you made the comment. I'd just say, it takes about 1/2 a second to click the spoiler tag, and it's nice for people who haven't seen it yet, so why not?

1. There is no spoiler tag on phone, and I do not have a computer.

2. I am not the one that decides the spoiler ban - it was official Star Wars account that did it. They revealed Baby Yoda themselves a few days ago, and now he's viral.

3. Mentioning Heavy Infantry Mandalorian is not a spoiler - his design leaked like two weeks ago, and it's just a random thing. It is not spoiler. 

4. No one said on this forum something like: there is a scene where The Mandalorian is [********** **** ****] from the [****** *******] and [***** *****] and then the [************] come and [**** *** ***]. All the people said was that there is a scene where there are multiple Mandalorians. This is a totally out of context spoiler that doesn't ruin the episode for someone in ANY way.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Could it include the speader from that scene? The one with the barrels with the astromech droid in it. Considering every battlepack has to include a build it would be nice to have a vehicle that was actually in the scene. 

Also I think the minifigures in the battlepack with be the main Mandalorian with his updated armour, the heavy one with the machine gun and then just 2 of the generic ones (tho if it came with the smith that would be really cool)

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Have to agree with you on the color scheme, looks pretty good to me. And with the price as well, what's it supposed to be, $100? no way.

Going with the trend Lego does when they increase price, I suspect it go for $90 and tie sith fighter at $80

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. There is no spoiler tag on phone, and I do not have a computer.

2. I am not the one that decides the spoiler ban - it was official Star Wars account that did it. They revealed Baby Yoda themselves a few days ago, and now he's viral.

3. Mentioning Heavy Infantry Mandalorian is not a spoiler - his design leaked like two weeks ago, and it's just a random thing. It is not spoiler. 

4. No one said on this forum something like: there is a scene where The Mandalorian is [********** **** ****] from the [****** *******] and [***** *****] and then the [************] come and [**** *** ***]. All the people said was that there is a scene where there are multiple Mandalorians. This is a totally out of context spoiler that doesn't ruin the episode for someone in ANY way.

1. That's not really anyone here's fault, is it? Complaining you don't have a computer is like others who can't get disney+ yet because it's not in their region, except you can do something about it and buy one or go to a library or something 2. Again, just having common decency. If the spoiler character was to appear in a set, or if it had been at minimum 2 weeks, than it may have made sense. 3. If you're talking about the torso, it's not likely to be that characters, and it is a spoiler that

Spoiler

there even is a heavy mandalorian at all, as it shows that there are other mandos in the show. It's been just a week since the armorer was in an episode, and that was a massive spoiler since we didn't have any indication that any other mandalorians would be in the show

4. see above. And finally, you've already had a moderator AND an admin tell you to use a spoiler tag or just knock it off.

11 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

1. That's not really anyone here's fault, is it? Complaining you don't have a computer is like others who can't get disney+ yet because it's not in their region, except you can do something about it and buy one or go to a library or something 2. Again, just having common decency. If the spoiler character was to appear in a set, or if it had been at minimum 2 weeks, than it may have made sense. 3. If you're talking about the torso, it's not likely to be that characters, and it is a spoiler that

Hide contents

there even is a heavy mandalorian at all, as it shows that there are other mandos in the show. It's been just a week since the armorer was in an episode, and that was a massive spoiler since we didn't have any indication that any other mandalorians would be in the show

4. see above. And finally, you've already had a moderator AND an admin tell you to use a spoiler tag or just knock it off.

1. Thanks for the golden advice. You don't have a computer? Just go buy one. As golden as "You have depression? Smile, love is beautiful" :tongue: I am not complaining that I don't have a computer, I just do not need one.

2. First episode aired more than 11 days ago - I understand two week spoiler ban for movie, because you have to go to the cinema, pay for tickets, sit for more than 2 hours in cinema, and then go back to home. But watching this show is as easy as finding a little more than HALF AN HOUR, typing "Mnadalorian full online" and watching it. It's not some dark magic.

3. I was not talking about the torso. A) the show is literally titled "The Mandalorian". It's not some Jango or Boba Fett that use their armor, but it's an actual Mandalorian, which is like a religion. B) A January 2020 set (which we are currently discussing) is literally called Mandalorian Battle Pack, and we know that it's based on the show and includes 4 different Mandalorians. How can you consider that a spoiler :wacko:

4. They told me to be considerate - I am. I didn't spoil the show. I just mentioned out-of-context characters. I didn't spoil any scenes or plot twists.

I vaguely remember this Force Friday being called Triple Force Friday... I can see why based on TROS/Mandalorian/Fallen Order.

So why exactly didn't we get at least one Fallen Order set? 

17 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Too many R2s? What a stupid complaint. Every time a figure shows up in multiple sets of the same wave it's a good thing, even if it is someone we've gotten countless times like R2 (who I'm pretty sure still holds the record for most appearances in LEGO sets). I'm really sick of LEGO making figures exclusive to one set, but I know it'll never change.

I do understand your point, you dont want to be forced to buy a whole set just for a figure you want or buy them expensive on the secondary market, but as it looks now, some figures are damn expensive and other almost for free. If every figure would be exclusive to a set, then the prices for figures on secondary market would be more balanced, since as of now, sellers on ebay how part sets need to put the exclusive sets on a much higher price to cover for the rest of the set. Just compare the prices for Solo Lando and old Lando in the last two falcons. The Solo MF had only exclusive figures meanwhile the TRoS have as of now only two exclusive figures. The Old lando goes for around 30 euros now meanwhile Solo lando went for around 10 euros after two months.

Plus, as a minifigure collector as myself, I would get a lot more figures to buy rather than the same ones coming out over and over again + on top of that a few silly expensive ones. 

35 minutes ago, doclord said:

I vaguely remember this Force Friday being called Triple Force Friday... I can see why based on TROS/Mandalorian/Fallen Order.

So why exactly didn't we get at least one Fallen Order set? 

Because it was the release of all TROS/Mandalorian/Fallen Order merchandise in general, not just lego. Not releasing anything based on Fallen Order was lego's own choice, Hasbro for example did release some Fallen Order related things

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I do understand your point, you dont want to be forced to buy a whole set just for a figure you want or buy them expensive on the secondary market, but as it looks now, some figures are damn expensive and other almost for free. If every figure would be exclusive to a set, then the prices for figures on secondary market would be more balanced, since as of now, sellers on ebay how part sets need to put the exclusive sets on a much higher price to cover for the rest of the set. Just compare the prices for Solo Lando and old Lando in the last two falcons. The Solo MF had only exclusive figures meanwhile the TRoS have as of now only two exclusive figures. The Old lando goes for around 30 euros now meanwhile Solo lando went for around 10 euros after two months.

Plus, as a minifigure collector as myself, I would get a lot more figures to buy rather than the same ones coming out over and over again + on top of that a few silly expensive ones. 

Luckily lego can be generous from time to time, just look at the Zori and Kylo figures in the new microfighters

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Luckily lego can be generous from time to time, just look at the Zori and Kylo figures in the new microfighters

Personally I would have preferred a Resistance Y-Wing pilot to Zorri coming in the microfighter since I have her from the larger set. But I can definitely see how appealing it is for people who didn’t get the set for any reason to have her included in something as cheap as a microfighter