MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

27 minutes ago, namioik said:

Oof, I actually like the color scheme! Way better than the black and orange from episode 7 (reminds me of Halloween lol). 

But the price is definitely scary. I can imagine it being 20% off before release

I’m really glad you like the colors, because I was looking forward to the set, and I’m hoping it will grow on me after I see the movie.  ?

Holy crap, that Mandalorian episode *oh2*

Spoiler

I actually think one of the Mandalorians featured in the episode did look like the LEGO torso that was leaked. Sure, the colors in general are somewhat darker but that's because the scenes character appeared were either in a badly lit area or dusk/night time. 
Also, is it too much to hope The Child (I refuse to call it 'Baby Yoda' ) will be featured in the battlepack? :wub: :grin: 

Regards,
Mitch

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Hide contents

I actually think one of the Mandalorians featured in the episode did look like the LEGO torso that was leaked. Sure, the colors in general are somewhat darker but that's because the scenes character appeared were either in a badly lit area or dusk/night time. 
Also, is it too much to hope The Child (I refuse to call it 'Baby Yoda' ) will be featured in the battlepack? :wub: :grin: 

Regards,
Mitch

The leaked torso's arms are blue, Mandalorian's aren't. 

I hope the Battle Pack includes The Mandalorian in his new shiny armor. It probably won't include Baby Yoda since they kept the secret under wrap, and no merchandise based on him was made yet.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the Battle Pack includes The Mandalorian in his new shiny armor. It probably won't include Baby Yoda since they kept the secret under wrap, and no merchandise based on him was made yet.

Good point, regarding The Child. Knew it was too much to hope :tongue:

Spoiler

And regarding armor color, I wasn't referring to The Mandalorian, just one of the other Mandalorians in the episode, that I thought had colors similar to those of the leaked torso. 
It would definitely be nice to see The Mandalorian in his new, full beskar armor :devil: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I think you speak for many.

Can’t wait to see in Lego form :drool: with or without tiny-you-know-who!

Edited by Lucarex

And a worn-down trooper battle pack. OT army builders would love it. And they'd have to be mad if they didn't bring a Werner Herzog mini and i'm pretty sure after we've seen all 8 episodes there'll be enough stuff for a whole wave.

My most anticipated Star Wars news: the Sequel Trilogy will finally be over so we can get Mandalorian and Fallen Order sets!

The series is pretty tight so far, but cannot help to be disapointed by the lenght, there is no commercial breaks on streaming services so no reason to make the episodes only 30 minutes long. If they don't pull something strange and make the last episodes considerable longer, we are looking at a runtime of around 4 hours, less than double of a full SW Movie,.

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

The series is pretty tight so far, but cannot help to be disapointed by the lenght, there is no commercial breaks on streaming services so no reason to make the episodes only 30 minutes long. If they don't pull something strange and make the last episodes considerable longer, we are looking at a runtime of around 4 hours, less than double of a full SW Movie,.

The budget is the tradeoff for the runtime: instead of a 12 episode show that's cheaply made we get a much smaller one that feels like a movie. I think it's worth it.

I will take quality over quantity any day!  Watching The Sin is the first time in a LONG TIME that I've been on the edge of my seat during Star Wars content.  I clapped and cheered at the end - that only happens to me after Game of Thrones!  JJ, RJ, KK - WATCH AND LEARN!

BRING ON THE LEGO SETS!!

Edited by lowlead

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

those colors are an eyesore, and the price is even worse.  

I agree on the price being too high, but I love the colorscheme! It looks really weird in a good way

59 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Quality > quantity

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

...but I love the colorscheme! It looks really weird in a good way

Same! :laugh:  I'm really warming up to the Arctic X-wing!  And I will be very tempted to go back and mod the engines on Poe's original X-wing using the much-improved design.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

At least it's not a 45+ minute 13 episode low budget series on Netflix that feels very boring sometimes.

Jon Favreu didn't have to make the series extremely long, so he decided he's gonna write a script that he thinks will work best. Not everything has to be long, this show is amazing, not a single moment in an episode feels boring and unnecessary.

Does anyone know why this X-Wing uses the same wing-opening mechanism as 75218 (that tan lever that pushes forward)?  I much preferred the spinning gear from 75102, 75149, and even the old 9493; to me, the motion was more fluid, and it allowed for more greebling.  Maybe kids had trouble spinning it against the resistance (no pun intended :wink:) of the rubber bands, and the wings kept slapping together?  I have no idea.

Which mechanism do you all prefer?

15 minutes ago, lowlead said:

Same! :laugh:  I'm really warming up to the Arctic X-wing!  And I will be very tempted to go back and mod the engines on Poe's original X-wing using the much-improved design.

I do like the thought of an Arctic X-Wing.  They should've had those for Hoth, but then again, back in the Original Trilogy, not every person's ship had to be a different color in each episode to sell more toys.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, doclord said:

My most anticipated Star Wars news: the Sequel Trilogy will finally be over so we can get Mandalorian and Fallen Order sets!

Dont forget The Clone Wars!!!

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

After today's episode of The Mandalorian I'm honestly not surprised the battlepack wasn't revealed yet. So I think the pack will include 

Reveal hidden contents

The Armorer, Heavy Infantry (the big guy) and 2 other Mandalorians. Pack itself being based on the big fight at the end of ep3.

The series just keeps getting better and better!

The above is more or less what I believe we'll see in the pack

Spoiler

Heavy mando, armorer, and either the chrome mando and another random one (there was one who had a very similar torso to the leaked one.) or the two gaming mandos from the credit art of episode 1

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'll be getting 2 of the Mando battle pack for sure. Awesome episode that just demands recreation in Lego.

yeah, this episode is amazing and the battle pack likely will be too

8 hours ago, namioik said:

Oof, I actually like the color scheme! Way better than the black and orange from episode 7 (reminds me of Halloween lol). 

But the price is definitely scary. I can imagine it being 20% off before release

Have to agree with you on the color scheme, looks pretty good to me. And with the price as well, what's it supposed to be, $100? no way.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Might want to use some spoiler tags there...

Spoiler

And there were like 20 mandos in that episode I'm sure one of them had that torso, all their scenes were also very dimly lit, there was probably one of them ON SCREEN and it was just too dark to tell colouration. I know from end credit art in addition to the main mando, armorer, and heavy boi, there's a pink one and an orange one, so there's probably a blue one we just didn't see due to lighting.

@Mandalorianknight is a spoiler tag necessary? Lucasfilm has plastered The Child's image everywhere since Chapter 1 first aired. And its no secret there are Mandalorians in a show titled 'The Mandalorian.' 

Someone mentioned a leaked 'Heavy Infantry' torso weeks ago, but the Armourer was not in the Chapter 3 fight scene, so I think its less likely she'll be in the battlepack. 

1 minute ago, Albert with an A said:

Do you think the build for The Mandolorian battlepack will be...

Reveal hidden contents

The speeder that he hides in during the battle at the end of episode 3...

or something else?

I feel like the speeder wouldn’t work without the astromech, which would be a wasted minifig slot, and we know it’s not included anyway. It’ll probably be some made up vehicle or turret. I would honestly be happy if the build was a small armory, especially if the Armorer is included 

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Does anyone know why this X-Wing uses the same wing-opening mechanism as 75218 (that tan lever that pushes forward)?  I much preferred the spinning gear from 75102, 75149, and even the old 9493; to me, the motion was more fluid, and it allowed for more greebling.  Maybe kids had trouble spinning it against the resistance (no pun intended :wink:) of the rubber bands, and the wings kept slapping together?  I have no idea.

I don't remember the answer sorry, but I know there's a recent designer interview that answers this question, but I can't find it for the life of me. I'm almost certain it was on Brickset but I could be wrong. I think it had something to do with repositioning the rubber bands? I'm sure someone on here has seen the article I'm talking about.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:35 AM, dvogon said:

I guess the complaint is related to the fact they haven't changed anything of R2 in years.

Adding back printing or a third leg would be good improvements for such an iconic SW character minifig. 

Back printing would be nice but given how prone R2 is to printing errors I see it as just another thing that could go wrong. His back has hardly any detail anyway so leaving it blank is fine by me. The third leg, however, is something we've needed since 1999. There have been so many different attempts at a 3rd leg that don't look good enough, the only way it'll work is with a new piece.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:42 AM, Guyon2002 said:

With previous waves a lot of people (especially on Instagram) complained about the amount of R2's in the sets

Too many R2s? What a stupid complaint. Every time a figure shows up in multiple sets of the same wave it's a good thing, even if it is someone we've gotten countless times like R2 (who I'm pretty sure still holds the record for most appearances in LEGO sets). I'm really sick of LEGO making figures exclusive to one set, but I know it'll never change.

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I prefer the new lever design for the S-foil mechanism; it takes less effort as well as time to engage it, and it could be done in one hand.

3 hours ago, Bricktastrophe said:

@Mandalorianknight is a spoiler tag necessary? Lucasfilm has plastered The Child's image everywhere since Chapter 1 first aired. And its no secret there are Mandalorians in a show titled 'The Mandalorian.' 

Someone mentioned a leaked 'Heavy Infantry' torso weeks ago, but the Armourer was not in the Chapter 3 fight scene, so I think its less likely she'll be in the battlepack. 

It's more about having the decency towards other fans not to spoil things. You got the full experience, why shouldn't others?

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's more about having the decency towards other fans not to spoil things. You got the full experience, why shouldn't others?

Well, these are not spoilers. Star Wars and Jon Favreau officially lifted spoiler ban from Baby Yoda, there are memes and pictures of him everywhere.

The appearance of Manfalorians is not a spoiler either because: a) we saw them in Chapter 1 (spoiler ban was lifted from that one, it's been a one and a half week) and b) we know that the Battle Pack literally includes four Mandalorians and is based on the show "Mandalorian".

The episodes are so short because there is no side-plot like in almost every other show.

The BP containing that ice creme thingy would be hilarious.