MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I'm surprised they put 2 hard-to-find figures - the new helmeted Kylo and Zorri Bliss - in cheap Microfighter sets! That's a pleasant surprise, and I'm definitely picking both up.

As for the Duel on Mustafar, it looks really ugly... I love the side T-shaped build that looks like it's dipped halfway in lava, but the lava itself looks so... childish? They should have used more orange and translucent pieces instead of red and yellow. Quite disappointing.

6 hours ago, Evergreen said:

The X-wing and tie dagger look like junior sets

Wait what? You do know a Juniors X-Wing looks like this right?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego juniors x-wing

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The X-Wing and TIE Dagger are magnificent looking. Really aesthetically beautiful designs

100% agree, though both are overpriced. I'll definetely get them, eventually

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

100% agree, though both are overpriced. I'll definetely get them, eventually

Eh, I’m going to pass. They’ll probably be insanely expensive and even if I could afford that I don’t have anywhere to put them anyway.

As someone that usually only collects “Bad Guy” vehicles/figures I’m a bit disappointed they sneaked a Knight of Ren with an awesome helmet into the Xwing set. Still Jannah is a great fig so I might get it once it goes on clearance anyway.

Sith trooper set is fantastic though.

Microfighters are brilliant. I expected to see pilots, not Kylo and Zorii. I'll probably pick up the Y-Wing for Zorii if I don't get the bigger one that just came out. Love the Bantha.

FO Battlepack is the best set of the wave. Excellent figures and the build is nice, looks like a mini FO snowspeeder.

No interest in the snowspeeder at all. Good to get Wedge again, but the build is disgusting. I understand that it's aimed for a younger audience but they could've at least tried to give it a better shape than a plate with a cockpit slapped on top. 

I don't see why people are disappointed by the Mustafar set, beyond it missing Padme (which we knew it wouldn't include anyway). Looks great to me, glad they included the mining droids and the large platform thing. That said, I probably won't get it because I have plenty of Anakin+Obi Wans and I'm not that fussed about the damaged robes, plus I have the 2013 starfighter set that included the droids. I'm glad this set is out there for new collectors, though. I hope LEGO keeps up this small duel set trend. Rey vs Kylo was great and this one is too. I'd like to see Vader vs Luke on Bespin and Yoda vs The Senate in the senate if they keep it up. 

We've seen the hut and landspeeder before... the hut is fine for what it is but will no doubt be insanely overprice in Australia. I might pick up Obi-Wan on bricklink because the figure is vastly superior to the 2014 version, the brown robes that continue down the legs look awful. The landspeeder looks like a step down from the previous versions imo. Glad that people who missed out on the last landspeeder can get one, but like many other collectors I already have one of these. 

The TIE dagger is fantastic. I'm still a little disappointed that it wasn't included in the first wave, since it ruined the streak of a new TIE for a new movie hahaha. Love the inclusion of the stand. Great to see Finn pop up in something else, especially since I'm not buying the Falcon (don't need another when I have the UCS).

13 hours ago, Anio said:

New wings 3x2 spotted on the TIE Dagger.

Nice catch! Are those 6x4 wedges new too? It's the first time I've seen them.

The X Wing is great, I'll get it when it's on sale. Clearly it's a T-70.

When I saw the list, I knew they would probably place the knights of Ren in the Tie Dagger and the X-Wing. I bet the last two will be in a spoiler-ish set later.

Do you mean to tell me that after so many remakes they finally made the perfect piece to improve the nose of the Landspeeder and they didn't use it and used it on the engines of an X-Wing instead?!? What was even the point in remaking the Landspeeder again then? :wacko:

The Mustafar Duel set is disappointing as well. I was hoping it would be a superior remake of 7257, not a worse one. As others have said, it looks like a 4+ set.

The rest look decent, but not impressive enough to rekindle my interest in the theme. :sadnew:

Those X-wing engine leading edges look perfect for a TIE cockpit ball.  How long before @Jerac or @Inthert show us how to use them?

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Nice catch! Are those 6x4 wedges new too? It's the first time I've seen them.

No, they appeared in Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter, the Stranger Things set, and an Overwatch set before.

13 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

It looks like the Sith under Palpatine will be a different entity than the First Order.

I’m not quite so sure—it’s called the “First Order Trooper Battlepack,” after all. They may have called it the “Sith Trooper Battlepack,” if that were the case. 

Edited by Helicokter

6 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Wow, Poes new Xwing has disgusting colours, puke orange and baby blue trim. Gross! The design of the ship looks good, just not the colours. The Sith Tie looks like a large junoirs set and doesnt look very good. Ill be just getting the battle pack for this wave. 

I quite like the colouration. The earth orange goes well with the white

5 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I'm surprised they put 2 hard-to-find figures - the new helmeted Kylo and Zorri Bliss - in cheap Microfighter sets! That's a pleasant surprise, and I'm definitely picking both up.

As for the Duel on Mustafar, it looks really ugly... I love the side T-shaped build that looks like it's dipped halfway in lava, but the lava itself looks so... childish? They should have used more orange and translucent pieces instead of red and yellow. Quite disappointing.

Exactly, the set reminds me of the diorama I made back in middle school

3 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

Besides the Mandalorian Battle Pack, are there any 2020 sets we haven’t seen yet?

Not for january, I don't think.

1 hour ago, Helicokter said:

I’m not quite so sure—it’s called the “First Order Trooper Battlepack,” after all. They may have called it the “Sith Trooper Battlepack,” if that were the case. 

Um, it is called the sith troopers battlepack... 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

Besides the Mandalorian Battle Pack, are there any 2020 sets we haven’t seen yet?

There aren't any more sets for January. There are 4 sets confirmed for April (could be more) and many more sets coming later that year.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

did you mean resistance reborn?

Yeah that’s the one, mistyped it's  name earlier.

Edited by benderisgreat

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don't see why people are disappointed by the Mustafar set, beyond it missing Padme (which we knew it wouldn't include anyway). Looks great to me, glad they included the mining droids and the large platform thing. That said, I probably won't get it because I have plenty of Anakin+Obi Wans and I'm not that fussed about the damaged robes, plus I have the 2013 starfighter set that included the droids. I'm glad this set is out there for new collectors, though. I hope LEGO keeps up this small duel set trend. Rey vs Kylo was great and this one is too. I'd like to see Vader vs Luke on Bespin and Yoda vs The Senate in the senate if they keep it up. 

The lava looks like a moc created by a 5 year old and while the inclusion of the ''bridge'' is cool it's completely out of scale and doesn't feel like it belongs there in the first place. I honestly just can't believe people worked on this and thought to themselves ''yeah this is good'', an orange plate (tiled over with transorange tiles) with a bit of ground and the 2 droids would be so much better. Or they've could've just put the 4+ logo on the box

Nice to finally pictures of the 202o sets, including better ones of those already revealed!
They all seem very great, though I have little personal interest in most :blush: 

I am thinking about getting the Skyhopper vs. Bantha Microfighters, that Bantha looks rather cute.

The Mustafar duel is a pleasant surprise. It's larger than the Starkiller Duel set, and the figures are fantastic!

Definitely still want Obi-Wan's Hut, in spite of it's relatively high price. But it's always nice to have a building like this, and his has such great features/elements in it :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

A picture of the Jannah minifig has leaked in the usual place. What’s so special about that you may ask, now that the official pictures have surfaced? She’s got arm-printing :wub:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

A picture of the Jannah minifig has leaked in the usual place. What’s so special about that you may ask, now that the official pictures have surfaced? She’s got arm-printing :wub:

Can't find the picture, but as stupid as it sounds I would've preferred legprinting

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can't find the picture, but as stupid as it sounds I would've preferred legprinting

Looks like the leaker removed it for whatever reason... I should specify that only her right arm has printing, her left arm is blank as seen in the official pics :wink:

BTW, am I the only one to find it hilarious that the Uruk-hai sword piece is still around? It’s always interesting to me when pieces specifically designed for licenses find their way into TLG’s regular parts inventory (e.g. lightsaber hilts, the Dagger of Time, Balin’s beard, Bellatrix’s hairpiece etc).

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

BTW, am I the only one to find it hilarious that the Uruk-hai sword piece is still around? It’s always interesting to me when pieces specifically designed for licenses find their way into TLG’s regular parts inventory (e.g. lightsaber hilts, the Dagger of Time, Balin’s beard, Bellatrix’s hairpiece etc).

I really like those reuses too. For a lack of a better name I've already started calling this new KoR the Orcsword Ren as most Knights are identified by their appearance (Masked Ren, Hooded Ren, Checkerboard Ren)

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like those reuses too. For a lack of a better name I've already started calling this new KoR the Orcsword Ren as most Knights are identified by their appearance (Masked Ren, Hooded Ren, Checkerboard Ren)

I still prefer Butterknive Ren :tongue: At least it’s been confirmed that they do have proper names, but the toy manufacturers apparently didn’t get the info in time, so we’re still stuck with silly nicknames for the time being :grin:

Speaking of that particular KoR: the Pao/Rebolt cap piece is a very good choice, funny that nobody guessed it a couple of weeks back when we discussed possible cap pieces :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about the 2 R2's yet

I mean they make perfect sense for the sets they come in. I just think the mold is looong overdue for an update. Give us a third leg or rotating head or back printing, SOMETHING. I mean just imagine the usefulness of a 2x2 rounded turntable! Or the possibilities of a stud-to-axle connector short enough to connect a cheese slope to the bottom of the R2 body piece. I digress.

I was really hoping they would give that Knight of Ren the Urak-hai sword so I'm very glad they did. I like the build for the weapon on the checkerboard-helmet KoR, though I think it is a bit too short and could have done with another piece or 2 to extend its length a bit but really that's a nitpick. It's interesting that he also comes with a blaster since we have yet to see him with one in any of the current promo material, at least as far as I'm aware. I do really hope we get the remaining KoR next year in a later wave as we are now missing the blaster KoR and the arm cannon KoR. Surely we will be getting more RoS sets next year that contain spoiler-y stuff that they could be added into.

Edited by ToaDraco