MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I think the Sith Trooper battle pack is only worth getting for me (hopefully not $20 or more...). The figures all look great, but the builds themselves not so much. The X-wing and tie dagger look like junior sets and I have no interest in the Tatooine sets and the microfighters. However, I might have to get the snowspeeder to get Wedge... Overall a subpar wave, but I am still looking forward to seeing the Mandalorian pack.

Y-wing Microfighter: great build, cheap way to get an expensive figure - 9/10

Kylo Ren's Shuttle Microfighter: very nice build, extremely easy way to get Kylo, which is fantastic - 9/10

T-16 vs Bantha Microfighters: nice Skyhopper, Bantha looks good, but the mouth is weird, good minifigs - 7/10

Sith Trooper Battle Pack: the best Battle Pack build ever, incredible minifigures, definitely the best set of the wave - 10/10

Snowsppeder 4+: we can't expect more from a 4+ set, builds are great, nice minifigs - 8/10

Duel on Mustafar: the build looks really bad, like a MOC of a 5 year old, I hope it looks better in person, BUT the minifigs are great and it's a non overpriced STAR Wars set - 6/10

Obi-Wan's Hut: nice build (a little crampy, should be bigger), good minifigs, but it's overpriced - 7/10

Landspeeder: we get too much of this speeder, but the builds are fantastic, I love Luke minifigure - 8/10

TIE Dagger: awesome build (I really appreciate the stand), minifigs are cool, but it's extremely overpriced - 7/10

X-wing: amazing build, fantastic minifigs, but it's overpriced - 8/10

Sith Trooper Battle Pack is easily my favourite.

I love the fact that we get named characters in Microfighters, and not some generic pilots or officers.

I hope the Mando Battle Pack gets revealed soon.

There’s some good stuff here. The Mustafar Duel is A bit of a disappointment given how good the Starkiller Base duel set was. It looks very blocky and 4+. 

The Sith Battle pack looks amazing :wub:. I feel like the Tatooine sets might’ve benefited from being one big set rather than two smaller ones.

I LOVE the TIE Dagger!!! Wow, that looks so good! I'm not a huge fan of X-Wings but I really like this new one especially with they new engine cowl pieces and the updated shaping overall. I'm glad to see more Knights of Ren getting figures but there are still more. The Sith Trooper bp is an absolute must have! Excellent figures there. The Tatooine sets and microfighters are an easy pass and I'm disappointed by the Mustafar duel. It'll be an easy pass. Overall I'm just really, really happy with the RoS this wave. Hopefully we get pics of the Mandalorian bp soon, I'm sure it'll be a must have for me too. 

Edited by ToaDraco

So our most recent speculation on the Mando battle pack was correct. 4 Mandos, I think that’s really the perfect battle pack. Hopefully we’ll get the Imperial Incinerator Trooper eventually though 

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So our most recent speculation on the Mando battle pack was correct. 4 Mandos, I think that’s really the perfect battle pack.

Wait a sec, where did you get that from??

29 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Ditto I only see the sith battle pack, no mando one and i checked a few sites and ig tags.

Edited by SWC0llect0r
update

5 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

It looks like the Sith under Palpatine will be a different entity than the First Order.

Pretty sure that’s still a T-70, not a T-85.

I’m disappointed that there’s no improvement to the X-wings wings. The spring shooters should have been on the top wings. However the folding mechanic is better and the colours look great.

If you read book Resistance rising which leads into ep 9 , you will know that Resistance managed to acquire some T-85 X-wings... Plus it looks too different from 15/16 version to be the same model.

46 minutes ago, Swamp said:

He read the description of the other battle pack on the site where all the photos leaked.

21 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

If you read book Resistance rising which leads into ep 9 , you will know that Resistance managed to acquire some T-85 X-wings... Plus it looks too different from 15/16 version to be the same model.

It's a T-70. It only looks so different from the '15 and '16 sets because the building techniques have been severely updated, just as how the 2018 OT X-wing looks vastly different to the 2012 OT X-wing. Also, google an image of a T-85, you'll see many differences.

5 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

It looks like the Sith under Palpatine will be a different entity than the First Order.

Eh... I'm not sure. Like, yes, it has more significant imperial cues (especially with the officer) but the vehicle is clearly a First Order LIUV. The pilot of the TIE Dagger is a First Order one, despite it having the Sith red, but that could be a mistake on Lego's side.

The brickbuilt bantha is pretty good and I guess this confirms the dual-moulded Alliance flight helmet is dead. Shame Wedge still doesn't have a unique head.

19 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

It's a T-70. It only looks so different from the '15 and '16 sets because the building techniques have been severely updated, just as how the 2018 OT X-wing looks vastly different to the 2012 OT X-wing....

...and finally, both look correctly shaped and proportioned.  Now go take a look at 10240 and see how anemic the engines look:laugh:

26 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

It's a T-70. It only looks so different from the '15 and '16 sets because the building techniques have been severely updated, just as how the 2018 OT X-wing looks vastly different to the 2012 OT X-wing. Also, google an image of a T-85, you'll see many differences.

Well you are entitled to think this, just like I am entitled to think it's T-85 version.

Pardon if it's already been asked: The front slope of the 4+ Snowspeeder - print or clear sticker I wonder...

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

. I feel like the Tatooine sets might’ve benefited from being one big set rather than two smaller ones.

I disagree on this point, seeing as many -me included- already own a Landspeeder from the latest waves, such as the 2017 one or 2014 one. I really enjoy the location sets and although it seems pricey at 30€ I'm still gonna buy Obi-wan's hut. If it came as a combo set for 50$/60€ -or worse 60$/70€- I think that it would be a hard pass for many.

As for the rest of the wave my wallet is gonna be quite happy: I have no interest in the IX sets, and that leaves only the Bantha-Skyhopper set which is a sure buy from me. Still uncertain on the Mustafar Duel, gonna wait for some reviews before deciding, and the 4+ Snowspeeder, mostly for Wedge and the Snowtrooper.

As for the Mandalorian BP I'll wait for some pictures and for the series to go on, but if it translates the onscreen quality to a lego set I'm quite optimistic about it.

@benderisgreat: Just do an image search for "rise of skywalker poe dameron x-wing" and you'll clearly see that it's a T-70 - or at least that every single other X-wing toy made in those colors for this movie is a T-70.

Of the sets, for now,  I'm only interested in Ben's hut...as expected.  We will see if the new movie changes anything but I have enough xwings and tie fighters and land speeders etc.  These designs aren't different enough that they would add much value to the display imho.  I'll probably pick up the busts if they look good.

Edited by lego the hutt

To me the best part are the cheap sets: 

That Sith battle pack is awesome! And the two single micro fighters have excellent figures. The two micro fighters pack has good figures as well, the sky hooper pilot isn't easy to find that cheap and a must for any Tatooine MOC. We'll never get enough Tusken raiders :sweet:. The land speeder is a step back IMO, last one was better and with better minifigs. 

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

did you mean resistance reborn?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The X-Wing and TIE Dagger are magnificent looking. Really aesthetically beautiful designs

Agreed, but expensive ones at that. 

I do like this wave alot, lots of good cheap sets, and very nice looking larger ones.

zorri's y-wing is a great way to get a cheap zorri, same goes for kylo's shuttle

Sith trooper battle pack is great, I love all the figure designs and the vehicle isn't that bad for once

The obi-wan vs anakin set is ok, figures are great but i think the lava looks pretty weird

I'm warming to obi-wans hut but still think the new landspeeder didn't need to be made.

bantha vs skyhopper is amazing, i love that bantha design

Both the x-wing and tie dagger are really well built and asthetically pleasing, with great figures.

I'l be buying the bantha vs skyhopper set, a sith trooper pack or two, and of course the inevitable mandalorian pack, i can say that even without having seen it.

Wow, Poes new Xwing has disgusting colours, puke orange and baby blue trim. Gross! The design of the ship looks good, just not the colours. The Sith Tie looks like a large junoirs set and doesnt look very good. Ill be just getting the battle pack for this wave. 

9 minutes ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Wow, Poes new Xwing has disgusting colours, puke orange and baby blue trim. Gross! The design of the ship looks good, just not the colours.

...the Arctic X-wing.  It's certainly...different.  I might actually buy a copy...same with the Dagger.

Edited by lowlead
spelling