MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

New sets look good for the most part. X-wing is definitely T-85 model so this explains differences between it and 2015/16 I ones. Tie Dagger is nice set, but not at that rumored price. 2 Khights of Ren, and Sith Trooper battlepack with Imperial officer, not FO one( curios)...

Anakin vs Obi-Wan is disappointing beyond belief! Such a lame set, even worse than Duel on Starkiller. Small build and pathetic looking one. And no Padme minifig!!! Why does LEGO hate Padme so much?

O wow, those look pretty great! My thoughts on each set:

Micro Kylo Ren's Shuttle: build looks quite good and it's a nice way to get Supreme Leader Kylo Ren (albeit without his cape). But I'm already planning on picking up his bigger shuttle soon so this is a pass for me.

Micro Y-Wing: build really looks like something we've gotten tons of times. Zorri is a very nice addition though as I wasn't planning on buying the big Y-Wing set, now all I need is the Poe figure from that set

Micro Skyhopper + Bantha: I can see the appeal for some fans, but to me only the Banta is exciting. That's a pass for me

FO Battlepack: possibly one of the best sets in this wave. Really like the Sith Jumptroopers and getting a cheap way to aquire normal Sithtroopers, the officer also doesn't look as boring as with most battlepacks. Build actually looks quite nice, being a scaled down LIUV

4+ Snowspeeder: this one will be extremely quick. I don't like it

Mustafar: I like the figures and the idea itself but the build looks like it comes straight out of a Juniors set. I'll probably wait for a discount with this one

TIE Dagger: Suprisingly I really like this design, I also really like the included stand even though it's pretty simple. The KoR is the only exciting figure in this set, but the price is atrocious. I had a tiny bit of hope the rumors we're wrong but no way I'm paying 70 euro forĀ 470 pieces and 3 figures

X-Wing: Best set of the wave, for sure. I really like the colorscheme as it's so different to anything we've seen before. The minifigures are also fanatastic, normally I would've complained about getting only 3 figures (and R2) in such a large set but with the return of Poe's helmet and 2 brand new molds for the KoR and Jannah I don't mind it. Getting Poe in his flightsuit again is really nice as I don't own one yet, Jannah and the KoR look fantastic (though Jannah's bow would've probably worked better in a different color) and R2 is so repetitive I don't even care anymore. 100 euro for this set is really overpriced though so I will definetely be waiting for a discount!

Iā€™m surprised by the Sith Teooper pack; two jump troopers and only one regular trooper? If anything Iā€™d expect it to be the other way around. Does make it hard to army build regular troopers, but pretty easy to build the jumptroopers. Even so, I can totally see myself getting at least three of those packs on a good sale. Gotta have Sith Troopers, right?

The X-Wing is gorgeous and I love it. Iā€™ve never gotten any X-Wings before (Dark Ages plus general lack of interest in Star Wars due to the Disney tax) though I came close on the 2018 one, just ran out of spending money. But this one looks nice! So does the TIE Dagger, even if itā€™ll inevitably be overpriced to the point I wonā€™t be able to afford it.Ā 

The Microfighters are meh, as always. No interest. With the possible exception of that rumoured Y-WingĀ with Zorii, I like her but donā€™t want to shell out for the big one. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin looks cute, but still an easy pass from me. Canā€™tĀ wait to see the Mandalorian BP! I wonder why we havenā€™t?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

rumoured Y-WingĀ with Zorii

It's actually no longer a rumor, you can see it on the back of the box for Kylo's Microfighter Shuttle

Not a big collector of microfighters. The Bantha is well designed but too small to really work as the real thing alongside other system scale sets. Nice to see Zorii will be available in a cheap set.

The First Order Battlepack looks fantastic! Nice little speeder build, a cheap way to get more Sith Troopers, two new Sith Jet Trooper figures and an all new officer variant. Can't ask for anything more really.

Not too impressed with the Duel on Mustafar. The build doesn't look as well designed compared to previous lightsaber duel or Mustafar sets and the lack of Padme is disappointing. Still its great to have new versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The TIE Dagger looks great and the inclusion of a stand is a great way to solve the stability issue of the wings. The X-Wing is the highlight of the new wave with a striking color scheme and improved build over the previous Resistance fighters. Jannah looks awesome and I'm very happy to see we're getting another two Knights of Ren (just leaves the final two for the summer wave).

Stonewars has the pictures for the Y-Wing microfighter. Despite not having the pictures they also confirmed the Mandalorian battlepack comes with 4 different MandaloriansĀ 

Not too fussed about the Microfighters, the Tatooine pack is nice enough, but I really have no need for it, and the Kylo one is a pass because I own the larger one. If I don't pick up the system Y Wing I'll pick up Zorii.

The Battlepack is nice, if not havingĀ a bit of a weirdĀ ratio. I'll pick up a couple at least.

The Duel on Mustafar looks... Fine I guess, the draw is basically the figures, but it looksĀ  a bit busy with the inclusion of the facility arm which for some reason falls upwards? I'd have prefered a focus on building up maybe the main lava lake as that's the stronger side of things, especially with what looks like a sliding platform feature. Had that solely been the focus and more built up, I'd say the set would look better.

The two Tatooine sets are fine if you don't have them prior, so I may pick them up but they're not much a priority. I do like the Ben Kenobi hut most, especially with the training droid print and Leia holo.

The Dagger looks good and the design was a good call. The figures are honestly good too, if not minimal, I'm glad to get another KoR and a different way to get Finn.

Poe's new X Wing is good too, a worthy upgrade for the T70 thanks to the new techniques included. Once again another KoR is welcome, Jannah looks great with my only nitpick really being her bow, I didn't expect a new mold but I think maybe having it in a darker grey would have been better. I don't really have anything to say on Poe or R2.

New wings 3x2 spotted on the TIE Dagger.

I canā€™t wait to see the Mandaloroan battlepack, thatā€™s the set Iā€™m most excited about! Maybe itā€™s being hidden because it features Mandos who havenā€™t appeared in the series yet?Ā 

Also with how many new moulds the Knights of Ren have used do you guys reckon theyā€™ll be reused in sets eventually? I really hope that once the first TROS wave starts disappearing Lego will do us a solid and release them in a battlepack.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I canā€™t wait to see the Mandaloroan battlepack, thatā€™s the set Iā€™m most excited about! Maybe itā€™s being hidden because it features Mandos who havenā€™t appeared in the series yet?Ā 

Also with how many new moulds the Knights of Ren have used do you guys reckon theyā€™ll be reused in sets eventually? I really hope that once the first TROS wave starts disappearing Lego will do us a solid and release them in a battlepack.Ā 

I would hope not, at least not untill we've gotten the remaining Knights. After we've got the full squad I wouldn't mind reuses, but I don't see a battlepack happening

Easy pass on all of these. I'd have liked the KOR figure but no chance I'll be getting that set just to get him.

I'll wait for the Mandalorian Battle Pack and will likely only get that.

After looking at the pictures of the Tie Dagger. I'm looking forward for the new angular pieceĀ to make aĀ delta-7 light interceptor.

God damn TIE Dagger looks like shit and the X wing looks outstanding. The pieces for the engines are perfect and the colour scheme is awesome. Good to see R2D2 is finally back in action after being in the corner with a blanket over him for 2 films

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

What do you think are the chances of getting a surprise LEGOĀ Razor Crest in January?

In january? Definetely not. If it does happen (and I think it will) it'll probably be summer at the earliest

The Sith Trooper BP looks pretty great, though 1 Jet trooper and 2 Sith troopers would've probably been better. I like the FO Snowspeeder (LIUV) build, it works much better as a small set than as a mediumĀ set (though ideally it should fall somewhere in between, around a 25 euro price point set). Could the officer be a Sith Officer instead of a FO officer? Because it has a very different uniform with red striping and an old imperial cap instead of a FO cap. More and more I am suspecting that the Sith are a different faction and not working together with the FO.

I would have preferred a generic Resistance pilot in the Y-wing MF, there are no generic Resistance pilots and troopers in this wave.

The white area in the back of Kenobi's hut seems to have some clips at the bottom, couldĀ it connect to a future set?

With the exception of the unusually smooth underside of its cockpit, I think the TIE Dagger looks like an early 2000s set. The way its secondary wings are attached (just with blocky bricks) also seems rudimentary and the spring loaded shooters have also not been integrated all too well in this location. The printed canopy is nice and the back looks very smooth, if somewhat messy around the engines. Normally the overpriced TIE set comes with 4 minifigures, most of which are new, but this time it only comes with 3, only one of which is new, and no new molds. That Knight of Ren's hood should have gotten a new mold as it is considerably larger. Finn is a lame inclusion. Interesting that the TIE pilot is the only truly FO figure that comes with a Sith set.

The X-wing looks absolutely beautiful! They still did not fix the wing positions but they have at least closed the gap in between them. They have made major improvements to the engine intakes, which is the thing I like most about the T-70 X-wing. These new pieces are perfect for the job. I also like how its color scheme has been approximated using bricks only and not stickers. The wing mechanism is the same as on the 2018 OT X-wing. I do not like the clips next to the engines but they are necessary for the frontal pair of rubber bands.Ā The figures are fine, love the new KoR, don't care for Jannah, she does not look like a SW character at all.

24 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I would have preferred a generic Resistance pilot in the Y-wing MF, there are no generic Resistance pilots and troopers in this wave.

Zorri being in this pack is perfect, especially for those who want her figure but don't care for the big Y-Wing set. But that's my opinion ofcourse

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Itā€™s very interesting that the officer in the Sith Trooper battle pack has an Imperial style cap. Overall these sets look fantasticĀ 

It looks like the Sith under Palpatine will be a different entity than the First Order.

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

New sets look good for the most part. X-wing is definitely T-85 model so this explains differences between it and 2015/16 I ones. Tie Dagger is nice set, but not at that rumored price. 2 Khights of Ren, and Sith Trooper battlepack with Imperial officer, not FO one( curios)...

Anakin vs Obi-Wan is disappointing beyond belief! Such a lame set, even worse than Duel on Starkiller. Small build and pathetic looking one. And no Padme minifig!!! Why does LEGO hate Padme so much?

Pretty sure thatā€™s still a T-70, not a T-85.

Iā€™m disappointed that thereā€™s no improvement to the X-wings wings. The spring shooters should have been on the top wings. However the folding mechanic is better and the colours look great.

Im positive suprised by the selection of minifigures for the larger sets, even if the tie dagger includes only three figures,Ā but having 3 new characters introduced in two sets (and they look great) in the january wave is better then the TLJ (even if I actually think I shouldn't be contend by it, but due to the history, I am)Ā 

Hope there is not Mandalorians in the battlepack, I would prefer other characters from the series.

I really like the Ep. IX sets. The FO battle pack and X-Wing are both great and the Dagger is pretty good. I'm definitely waiting for a sale though.

On the other hand, Mustafar is such a disappointment. It looks awful.

Ā 

Overall my thoughts are rather mixed on this wave.

all three micro fighters look great! My first ever Star Wars set was the T-16 sky hopper from back in the day, so that ship holds a special place in my heart, I got the 2015 one so Iā€™m definitely going to pick that one up. Iā€™ll pass on the Kylo Ren shuttle since I just bought the system scale one. I want to buy the system scale Y wing, but if I end up not getting it Iā€™ll be happy with getting the micro fighter and brick linking Poe, since I mostly want those two figures.

The battle pack looks great! I do agree that the ratio is a bit off, and Iā€™d love for there to be at least one regular stormie in place of the officer to build those up too.

im excited to see the Mandalorian Battle pack, of all of the sets thatā€™s the one in most excited for.

The two tatooine sets are meh, the Ben Kenobi Hut looks decent, might get it at a discount.

the mustafar duel looks... odd, kind of seems like a 4+ set. I thought the duel of starkiller base was a pretty nice display piece with some good looking terrain. But this one just seems too Child playset like.

Ā 

now finally, onto the two large sets. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll end up getting them, especially since of those rumored prices, the minifigure sure look great, especially those two new knights of Ren. Disappointing to see Finn and R2 reused, but itā€™s not a huge deal.the tie dagger looks new and interesting at least. Iā€™m still not sure on the color of the new x wing, I missed out on the blue and grey resistance x wing so maybe my money would be better placed tracking that one down at a reasonable price. I think whether or not I get these two sets depends on my opinion of the movie and their relevance in it.

Ā 

all in all a pretty strong wave I think, I hope they donā€™t make us wait too long to see that mandalorian battle pack though!

Really interested seeing the mandalorian battle pack, the rest of the sets are a hard pass; except maybe Ben's hut at a discount.

Nice wave for newcomers who like tatooine too.Ā 

I'm hyped for the end of the sequel trilogy so that we may get mandalorian and fallen order stuff, those are way more appealing imo.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

I agree, since 2015 we've only had 1 Resistance pilot who's not Poe orĀ snap though maybe my opinion will change after the movie