MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Don't forget, they also appeared in the Ewok movies.  ;)

I actually did not realise that, but Filoni Canonising an EU deep-dive does not surprise me! ?

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not sure what's going on with those sand blue arms and torso print, it might not actually be THE mandalorian's

Hide contents

it could be another, like (but I don't think the colours match up) the armorer, who would make an AWESOME figure. It's either just the mando with a different undershirt or one of his clan

The torso is almost certainly not The Mando. Main characters need to have a standard "look", and such a drastic change in appearance would preclude this. 

Spoiler

Additionally, he needs to be able to stand out amongst the other Mandalorians. 
This is also not The Armorer - She looks completely different, but agreed on wanting her! 

This torso probably belongs to a yet-to-be-revealed (or yet-to-be-revealed-as-a-Mandalorian) character. It does look Male, though, so that rules a few people out. 

have we considered that this might not be a standard battlepack, per se, but more a battlepack-sized small mando set?

I believe that the set is confirmed to be a battlepack. 

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

And the choice to use an assassin droid because of IG-88’s fame was also intentional.

Hence I call him “not-IG-88”. Bear in mind I have no problem with the character, I’m just not gonna pretend that they’re not banking on nostalgia lol. The same goes for the Mandalorian himself.

But ultimately it’s a pointless discussion so I’m gonna stop here.

This is not even the first time that IG-Series droids have appeared (See TCW and Rebels), including multiple TCW appearances of the IG-86 Sentinel Droid, which is basically identical to IG-88. 
As for Mandalorians, while there is certainly a nostalgia-factor (for some), they have enough Canon content (TCW, Rebels) to be compelling on their own merit. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The torso is almost certainly not The Mando. Main characters need to have a standard "look", and such a drastic change in appearance would preclude this. 

Hide contents

Additionally, he needs to be able to stand out amongst the other Mandalorians. 
This is also not The Armorer - She looks completely different, but agreed on wanting her! 

This torso probably belongs to a yet-to-be-revealed (or yet-to-be-revealed-as-a-Mandalorian) character. It does look Male, though, so that rules a few people out. 

I believe that the set is confirmed to be a battlepack. 

I don't think the look thing works here. We know his armor DRASTICALLY changes through the course of the show. Though I agree it's likely another character

Spoiler

I never meant it to be the armorer, hence why I said the colours didn't match up.

I know it's confirmed as a "battlepack" but my point is more so it won't neccesarily be an army builder of antagonists. Previous sets within just the past few years have included opposing sides (tusken raider fighting jawas on the boxart), named characters (Ki-adi mundi and Bariss Offee (I messed up her name I know)), and canonical, correctly scaled builds (imperial speeder from the solo pack), so

Spoiler

A set with the mobile turret, the mando, Ig-11, and 2 nikto guards

isn't out of the question.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think the look thing works here. We know his armor DRASTICALLY changes through the course of the show. 

I disagree (See Sabine - Five major design changes over four seasons!). Additionally, consider how Bo-Katan (who had four years between appearances (2013-2017), and whose armour was heavily redesigned from TCW to Rebels) was immediately recognisable when she showed up in "Heroes of Mandalore". 

Spoiler

TCW Design: 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20131024193033

latest?cb=20131025153003

Rebels Design: 

Spoiler

img-2414481-f.jpg

latest?cb=20180122055020

Furthermore, I believe that we have already seen The Mandalorian's final (or close-to-final) design, in his character poster: 

Spoiler

the-mandalorian_5.jpg?w=1800&h=2698

His armour is clearly different here from his first appearance, but he is still recognisable as the same character. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know it's confirmed as a "battlepack" but my point is more so it won't neccesarily be an army builder of antagonists. Previous sets within just the past few years have included opposing sides (tusken raider fighting jawas on the boxart), named characters (Ki-adi mundi and Bariss Offee (I messed up her name I know)), and canonical, correctly scaled builds (imperial speeder from the solo pack), so

Reveal hidden contents

A set with the mobile turret, the mando, Ig-11, and 2 nikto guards

isn't out of the question.

These kinds of packs are the exception, rather than the rule, however, and I highly doubt that LEGO would put a Minifig as desirable as The Mandalorian into a battlepack, when they can use him as an exclusive in a $120 Razor Crest set. I do think that the gun-platform and Nikto guards will be in the pack, though. 

41 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I disagree (See Sabine - Five major design changes over four seasons!). Additionally, consider how Bo-Katan (who had four years between appearances (2013-2017), and whose armour was heavily redesigned from TCW to Rebels) was immediately recognisable when she showed up in "Heroes of Mandalore". 

Reveal hidden contents

TCW Design: 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20131024193033

latest?cb=20131025153003

Rebels Design: 

Reveal hidden contents

img-2414481-f.jpg

latest?cb=20180122055020

Furthermore, I believe that we have already seen The Mandalorian's final (or close-to-final) design, in his character poster: 

Reveal hidden contents

His armour is clearly different here from his first appearance, but he is still recognisable as the same character. 

These kinds of packs are the exception, rather than the rule, however, and I highly doubt that LEGO would put a Minifig as desirable as The Mandalorian into a battlepack, when they can use him as an exclusive in a $120 Razor Crest set. I do think that the gun-platform and Nikto guards will be in the pack, though. 

IIRC The Mandalorian came in an AT-ST from the most recent wave—so he wouldn’t be an exclusive to the Razor Crest per se. Still unlikely that they’d throw him in a battle pack. We can hope. 

14 minutes ago, Helicokter said:

IIRC The Mandalorian came in an AT-ST from the most recent wave—so he wouldn’t be an exclusive to the Razor Crest per se. 

He does appear in the AT-ST Raider, but that is his original design - The hypothetical exclusive to which I was referring is his final (or nearly-final) design. 

Spoiler

Original Design: 

Spoiler

xanrkvrdw5rljeru1wo5.jpg

Final Design: 

Spoiler

People, this thread is for discussing the sets... If you have information you're welcome to share it and discuss it. Don't make this thread into a very long wishlist. Also,be careful with spoilers about the Mandalorian or the nupcoming SW film. Thanks.

I’m beginning to suspect the possibility that the Mando battle pack might be just Mandalorians. The leaked torso looks like a Mandalorian but not the main character. 

Pictures from Anakin (75269) and the T-16 Pilot (75265) can be found on eBay, in case anyone is interested.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m beginning to suspect the possibility that the Mando battle pack might be just Mandalorians. The leaked torso looks like a Mandalorian but not the main character. 

I'd buy that in a heartbeat

22 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Or a Mando and some Jawas :grin:

I would buy a battle pack of Arvala-Jawas immediately.

Anyway, I hope Lego releases some more Mandalorian sets sooner than later.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That's the absolute best case scenario, but it'd be wise not to get our hopes up. That said, I never would have expected a death watch pack back in 2011.

9 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Or a Mando and some Jawas :grin:

UNTINNI! 

Spoiler

*throws garbage at mandalorian*

On 11/16/2019 at 3:01 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why, have we even seen other Mandalorians in any trailer or footage? As with the Klaatonian (which people guess was related to some Jabba set), I would instead suspect another weak assumptions that could as likely be related to something completely different, or just another outfit for the same guy

55 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Why, have we even seen other Mandalorians in any trailer or footage? As with the Klaatonian (which people guess was related to some Jabba set), I would instead suspect another weak assumptions that could as likely be related to something completely different, or just another outfit for the same guy

Have you seen the mandalorian episodes? He's got solid evidence. To me, however, that torso print looks almost like 

Spoiler

his torso in episode 2 when he's taken the main chestplate off and is wiring it.

, though it's probably just another mandalorian

Do we know anything about possible Fallen Order sets for 2020? I could definetely see the Mantis and a Purgetrooper battlepack happening

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do we know anything about possible Fallen Order sets for 2020? I could definetely see the Mantis and a Purgetrooper battlepack happening

I would love a set from Fallen Order, I really hope we get a set or two, but we didn't hear any rumours. Hopefully a small set in April or June.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

No rumors.

Best case scenario we get a $20-30 set with Cal, second sister, a purgetrooper and/or BD-1, but it's unlikely we'll get anthing close to release. Maybe in later 2020 or 2021, like with the battlefront 2 set where it took over a year after the release of the game to have the set released

Looks like the recent Hidden Side reveal wasn't a one-off as they've now also revealed the 2020 Technic sets... If they keep up the pace, the Star Wars 1HY sets might be revealed rather soon :classic: Of course there's still other evergreens like Friends, City and Ninjago that are probably going to be unveiled beforehand, but at least there's a dim light at the end of the tunnel :sweet: Just end the misery that is this leaking season (or rather, lack thereof) 

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like the recent Hidden Side reveal wasn't a one-off as they've now also revealed the 2020 Technic sets... If they keep up the pace, the Star Wars 1HY sets might be revealed rather soon :classic: Of course there's still other evergreens like Friends, City and Ninjago that are probably going to be unveiled beforehand, but at least there's a dim light at the end of the tunnel :sweet: Just end the misery that is this leaking season (or rather, lack thereof) 

And some city sets, too. LSW is on track to leak around thanksgiving

Go to promobricks.de :wub: 2 Knights of Ren, Sith Jet Troopers, Jannah, oh my 

Edit: The only sets currently missing are the Y-Wing Microfighter and the Mando BP. A small picture of the former can be seen on the back of the Kylo’s Shuttle Microfighter box which shows Zorii piloting it :sweet:

The FO battlepack was correctly predicted by some of us since it indeed includes an officer. Interestingly, it’s a never-before seen version with red markings and an Imperial-style cap... The included build is also interesting, basically a downsized version of the FO Snowspeeder.

The best surprise to me is Checkerboard Ren being in the X-Wing instead of the rumored Stormie :wub_drool: Oh, and Jannah looks amazing! The X-Wing itself also comes with a fair share of updates, especially around the engines

Edited by Lego-Freak