MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 minutes ago, wesker said:

This one is a perfect match for the character. It would be a shame if they don't use it.

That would work very well but looking at past LEGO SW characters it wouldn't surprise me if she received a brand new mold with both her hair and goggles

Edited by Guyon2002

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would work very well but looking at past LEGO SW characters it wouldn't surprise me if she received a brand new mold with both her hair and goggles

we could also see that hair with a double-sided face print, one with goggles and one without.

18 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, just for all the SW fans - it's Razor Crest, not Razorcrest :wink:

Good to know.

Is it just me or are Tie Fighters always overpriced compared to their rebel fighter counterparts. The upcoming X-Wing is $10 more than the Tie Dagger, and comes with nearly double the piece count 

44 minutes ago, Helicokter said:

Is it just me or are Tie Fighters always overpriced compared to their rebel fighter counterparts. The upcoming X-Wing is $10 more than the Tie Dagger, and comes with nearly double the piece count 

I think a lot of it is the overall size of the set. TIE fighters have large profiles, and as such tend to have lots of large plates used in the wings. I will agree though that the prices are still a little high, all things considered

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Leakers say that soon we will see official 2020 sets pictures - possibly in 3 weeks time. Get ready :moar:

My wallet is already starting to cry :wink:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Leakers say that soon we will see official 2020 sets pictures - possibly in 3 weeks time. Get ready :moar:

Isn’t that around the time they always show up though? Hardly a leak in my book :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that around the time they always show up though? Hardly a leak in my book :grin:

That's right, but I think it's nice to have a confirmation that the pictures are put there and that they will start leaking soon :wink:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If that’s when we see official pictures then maybe we’ll see leaked images before then

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If that’s when we see official pictures then maybe we’ll see leaked images before then

Depends on what kind of leaked images you’re thinking of :wink: Finalised pictures accidentally posted ahead of schedule by a retailer are quite likely, whereas leaked retail catalogue pictures have become increasingly rare over the past few years.

I can still remember the times when grainy catalogue pictures started to leak in September, but TLG‘s efforts to prevent leaks seem to have paid off since this year‘s winter wave leaks happened mid-November and for this year‘s summer wave there barely were any catalogue leaks, if any at all :shrug_oh_well:

I'm hoping for a tweak to the engines on the FO X-wing.  I feel like they never really got the circular intakes looking right - too bulky and oval.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hey, that'd be right around thanksgiving! Like last year, when I believe they leaked ON thanksgiving.

31 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I'm hoping for a tweak to the engines on the FO X-wing.  I feel like they never really got the circular intakes looking right - too bulky and oval.

Hold on a second, do you mean FO tie fighter or resistance x-wing

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Hey, that'd be right around thanksgiving! Like last year, when I believe they leaked ON thanksgiving.

Hold on a second, do you mean FO tie fighter or resistance x-wing

RESISTANCE X-WING!!  Thank you!!  I stand corrected.

1 minute ago, lowlead said:

In that case I agree, they aren't circular enough, though it'd be hard to solve that at that scale keeping it that stable. 

Weirdly, I kind of hope it's not too different from the 2015 and 2016 x-wings, just for consistancy

31 minutes ago, lowlead said:

Good guys?  Bad guys?  Made-up words.  It’s all a machine, partner.  

Honestly, I was fine with the engine intakes on the last Resistance X-Wings, but it will be interesting to see what (if any) structural changes are made.  

There is a boba fett image floating around on legoleaks and just to quash the inevitable "this means we're getting slave one UCS again in 2020", the guy says in the description it's a "leak" from 2017.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There is a boba fett image floating around on legoleaks and just to quash the inevitable "this means we're getting slave one UCS again in 2020", the guy says in the description it's a "leak" from 2017.

Why would lego release a new UCS Slave I in 2020? Everyone knows that's not happening and wouldn't make any sense.

On a side note, I was skeptical about the Mandalorian and the Razor Crest but after watching the first episode the RC is definetely in the top 5 SW sets I want most. Because damn that first episode was good!

On 10/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:

The new MANDO trailer makes me want that ship even more. Since season 2 is already in production, i'd say it's a save bet for a set, but the colours... I fear that's what could break it's neck.

The trailers made me believe it's sort of metallic brown, but now it looks like a worn down Naboo ship. LEGO metallic silver is a nuance too dark, but it'd be the best fit, better than LBG. F*** it, i'd buy it in any colour ^^

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would lego release a new UCS Slave I in 2020? Everyone knows that's not happening and wouldn't make any sense.

On a side note, I was skeptical about the Mandalorian and the Razor Crest but after watching the first episode the RC is definetely in the top 5 SW sets I want most. Because damn that first episode was good!

I was pointing to the fact that speculation on this thread tends to become "confirmation" of something.

I haven't seen the episode yet, I'll be watching it and then binging through as much TCW as I can later tonight, but from what I've heard (And I've heard spoilers indeed), it's very well done.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I was pointing to the fact that speculation on this thread tends to become "confirmation" of something.

I haven't seen the episode yet, I'll be watching it and then binging through as much TCW as I can later tonight, but from what I've heard (And I've heard spoilers indeed), it's very well done.

Indeed it is—the premier definitely exceeded my expectations! Imo the razor crest should be priced ~$110. 

2 hours ago, Helicokter said:

Indeed it is—the premier definitely exceeded my expectations! Imo the razor crest should be priced ~$110. 

I agree, it has to be at least republic gunship sized in-universe, so it should be pretty bi as a set.

My dudes we NEED to get (spoilers for Mandalorian) 

Spoiler

the baby yoda

as a fig or whatever

13 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

My dudes we NEED to get (spoilers for Mandalorian) 

Hide contents

the baby yoda

as a fig or whatever

Either the baby mould (with olive green hands) combined with a new moulded head (like this), or a single mould (like Baby Groot), would work. Both are possible, and getting this character is likely, if LEGO makes additional sets for The Mandalorian

On 11/11/2019 at 9:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

This "leak" came about well before the release of Betrayal on Cloud City. Most likely a fake figure. 

Having just seen episode 1- I think the Razor Crest model is a lock for 2020. And Lego would be silly not to do it as a $100 plus level build.  

I hope the series keeps up this quality. Great great start.