MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Someone on IG is claiming some Clone Wars set information. I can’t tell if he’s guessing potential sets after looking at the set numbers or if he’s saying those are what they are. Can anyone confirm or deny?

If it’s the same post that I’ve seen, then it’s just speculation :classic: Quote: “I think these will be our Clone Wars sets”

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

If it’s the same post that I’ve seen, then it’s just speculation :classic: Quote: “I think these will be our Clone Wars sets”

That’s what I thought based on the phrasing, it was just very oddly specific about each set. It definitely sounds like speculation and it’s annoying when people do that, especially when they’re so vague about it.

10 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I`m talking about how these droids scale to each other. R2 & BB-8 fit perfectly together. 

D-O is smaller than BB-8 so hopefully he is in scale to his bigger brothers.

I hope so. Being able to have all 3 droids in comparative scale would be pretty cool.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s what I thought based on the phrasing, it was just very oddly specific about each set. It definitely sounds like speculation and it’s annoying when people do that, especially when they’re so vague about it.

Is it confirmation of an april wave then? If so, I hope we get the razorcrest.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope so. Being able to have all 3 droids in comparative scale would be pretty cool.

I would love another Mando set but honestly I would go nuts over CW sets

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's the same list as before (the one by jedijacpenguin which has been floating around for months). It includes the April wave plus 4-5 additional sets, but I think the latter are 2HY releases :classic:

It's the same list as before (the one by jedijacpenguin which has been floating around for months). It includes the April wave plus 4-5 additional sets, but I think the latter are 2HY releases :classic:

Probably. I kind of hope they don’t do an April wave. Too many waves in a year means too much money spent 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love another Mando set but honestly I would go nuts over CW sets

I remain cautiously optimistic about the razorcrest, as i do about the clone wars sets. As I've mentioned it many times before, I have no love for the prequels, but I grew up on TCW. Also it'd just be really nice to get a phase 2 shiny helmet in a set again.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I remain cautiously optimistic about the razorcrest, as i do about the clone wars sets. As I've mentioned it many times before, I have no love for the prequels, but I grew up on TCW. Also it'd just be really nice to get a phase 2 shiny helmet in a set again.

Fair enough. I love TCW but it was a little after my time, I grew up with the prequels (although of course my parents made sure to show me the originals first). Seeing Revenge Of The Sith in theaters was my second best childhood memory (the first being Return Of The King in theaters)

April Wave will include (as far as I know):

75274: Unknown set, about $60 USD 

75276: Stormtrooper Helmet, about $60 USD

75277: Boba Fett Helmet, about $60 USD 

75278: D-0, $70 

So will all future clone wars sets have normal faces or will they bring back the bug eyes

3 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

So will all future clone wars sets have normal faces or will they bring back the bug eyes

Given that every TCW set since 2015 featured normal eyes, I think the answer to that is quite obvious :wink:

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Given that every TCW set since 2015 featured normal eyes, I think the answer to that is quite obvious :wink:

Maybe, and I hope your're right.

But since TCW Season 6 aired in 2014, the fact sets like 75168 and 75199 supported normal eyes may also be due to licensing or other issues.

2 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

That face printing was the worst.  It ruined those sets for me.

The Razorcrest could easily be the next iconic ship. It's an absolute beautiful monster. The lines, the colours, the already legendary pilot. It's unthinkable for me we don't get it as set. This in minifig scale beside UCS Slave I and MILF...

3 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

New head-prints increase production costs, so changing all of the character’s faces from existing, or slightly-modified, prints to a completely different (and unpopular!) style makes little sense - See LEGO’s insistence upon using the stupid “Angry Clone” head on every trooper, even in cases of troopers that are explicitly stated not to be Clones. 

25 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The Razorcrest could easily be the next iconic ship. It's an absolute beautiful monster. The lines, the colours, the already legendary pilot. It's unthinkable for me we don't get it as set. 

LEGO is probably trying to avoid what happened with the Ghost - The set was released before the series was, so no one was particularly interested in it. By the time that the ship had become popular, the set had already been retired. If LEGO releases the Razor Crest after Season 1 of The Mandalorian, it has a better chance of selling well. 

25 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

MILF...

Uh. . . You may want to rephrase this. ?

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

11 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

April Wave will include (as far as I know):

75274: Unknown set, about $60 USD 

*snip*

So it looks like we'll be getting at most one system scale set. And based on the cost, I'm actually hoping it's not the razorcrest.

8 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I believe they'll have the normal faces, as the later sets, rebels and resistance sets did.

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The Razorcrest could easily be the next iconic ship. It's an absolute beautiful monster. The lines, the colours, the already legendary pilot. It's unthinkable for me we don't get it as set. This in minifig scale beside UCS Slave I and MILF...

It is. The shaping, the cockpit, even from the brief glimpse of it in combat we see in the trailers, it just feels like classic star wars.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So it looks like we'll be getting at most one system scale set. And based on the cost, I'm actually hoping it's not the razorcrest.

I believe they'll have the normal faces, as the later sets, rebels and resistance sets did.

It is. The shaping, the cockpit, even from the brief glimpse of it in combat we see in the trailers, it just feels like classic star wars.

I feel like the Razorcrest would be more expensive than $60 to do it justice

Think Republic Gunship, but more parts and much prettier. €150 up, easily. 

34 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Think Republic Gunship, but more parts and much prettier. €150 up, easily. 

To me, nothing can be prettier than a Republic Gunship. But I think the Razorcrest would be closer to the size of the Wookiee Gunship

Does anyone know if that LEGO-fied version of the TROS poster on IG is real? If so, I'm quite disappointed about Jannah's hairpiece, the Hobbit hair in black doesn't really fit :sceptic:

20 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

To me, nothing can be prettier than a Republic Gunship. But I think the Razorcrest would be closer to the size of the Wookiee Gunship

That would be disappointing.

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Does anyone know if that LEGO-fied version of the TROS poster on IG is real? If so, I'm quite disappointed about Jannah's hairpiece, the Hobbit hair in black doesn't really fit :sceptic:

Looks fanmade to me, and I don't think lego would go with that hairpiece in the first place as there are much better pieces for her hair

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My sentiments exactly, hence why i said I was actually hoping it wasn't the razorcrest.

Hopefully bigger, if we get a good interior.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's not real. Made by a fan, the figures he used on this poster and previous ones are not official (well, most of them are not).

Also, just for all the SW fans - it's Razor Crest, not Razorcrest :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks fanmade to me, and I don't think lego would go with that hairpiece in the first place as there are much better pieces for her hair

This one is a perfect match for the character. It would be a shame if they don't use it.

col299.png