MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

20 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Thank you!!  Maybe I just imagined the BB-8 rumor?  It would seem a little cold of Poe to go into battle without his little buddy, though.  :shrug_oh_well:

I agree, they do probably have the best human/droid dynamic in the franchise. I do believe BB8 is featured on the box of the Hasbro one so maybe this film continues the tradition of opening with Poe and BB8 then he flies with R2 in the end battle.

I’m pretty sure the new Clone Wars season is airing in February, and yet I haven’t heard anything about any Clone Wars sets for 2020 and that worries me greatly

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m pretty sure the new Clone Wars season is airing in February, and yet I haven’t heard anything about any Clone Wars sets for 2020 and that worries me greatly

I wouldn't worry just yet, as far as I know the only minifig-based sets that have been confirmed for the April wave are the Mustafar Duel and a battle pack related to The Mandalorian in some way.

3 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I wouldn't worry just yet, as far as I know the only minifig-based sets that have been confirmed for the April wave are the Mustafar Duel and a battle pack related to The Mandalorian in some way.

I thought those two sets were January...along with the microfighters and a few TROS sets

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

28 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Weren't those january releases?

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

The Mustafar Duel and Mandalorian Battle Pack are January releases. 

The only sets we know are coming in April are two busts, D-O and an unknown $60 set.

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Weren't those january releases?

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I thought those two sets were January...along with the microfighters and a few TROS sets

That's right, nothing has changed, they are all January releases. 

45 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The possibility of Clone Wars sets is definitely what I’m looking forward to most as far as 2020 lego

Couldn't agree more. I really want a new LAAT, AT-TE, clone army building opportunities and more specific characters like the Bad Batch

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

We know BB-8 is not with Poe during the climax since he‘s leading the charge of the cavalry in the trailer :laugh:

Oh god, it's a literal cavalry, a space cavalry. Where's bb-8's horse?

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Forgot about that. If we do get an april wave, that'll hopefully be in it

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

January releases

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Couldn't agree more. I really want a new LAAT, AT-TE, clone army building opportunities and more specific characters like the Bad Batch

I’m also holding out hope for Jedi we haven’t gotten yet. Or updates of Jedi that sorely need them like Eeth Koth and Plo Koon. I never liked the skinny head they gave Plo. Not to mention I love clone troopers of all kinds and any and all are welcome as minifigures. I’m looking forward to getting some great CW sets that don’t have weird animated minifigs 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m also holding out hope for Jedi we haven’t gotten yet. Or updates of Jedi that sorely need them like Eeth Koth and Plo Koon. I never liked the skinny head they gave Plo. Not to mention I love clone troopers of all kinds and any and all are welcome as minifigures. I’m looking forward to getting some great CW sets that don’t have weird animated minifigs 

I don't collect prequel era as much, but I'm still a fan of the clone wars cartoon and it always annoyed me that in those sets they messed up plo's head. Really I'm just hoping for a battlepack of p2 clones, seeing as they are the clones in use at this point in the war. A pack of ahsoka's troops would be pretty cool (hopefully a shiny could be included).

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

Hopefully CW Season 7 results in an updated Republic Gunship. Seems like a no-brainer for Lego to generate easy $$$.

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m hoping to get what will be my dream set, and also make the both of you happy!  Imagine if we were to get a Wolfpack Republic Gunship with the “Plo’s Bros” nose art. With an updated Plo Koon, commander Wolffe and 104th members like Comet, Sinker and Boost!

it would be incredible to also get a battle pack with just regular 104th battalion clones to army build <3 

this all should be in the wishlist forum however, I just wanted to mention it since the talk of clone wars, Plo and the LAAT.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't collect prequel era as much, but I'm still a fan of the clone wars cartoon and it always annoyed me that in those sets they messed up plo's head. Really I'm just hoping for a battlepack of p2 clones, seeing as they are the clones in use at this point in the war. A pack of ahsoka's troops would be pretty cool (hopefully a shiny could be included).

Ahsoka's 501st team / 332nd would be absolutely incredible to get in a battlepack! In the end I think pretty much every batallion could (and probably should) get it's own battlepack, maybe either 3 clones and 1 shiny or 3 clones and their respective Jedi general would be awesome! But like @GilbertoAguilera101 said we should probably stop wishlisting for Clone Wars sets here :wink:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I’m a sucker for every era, but I’d say prequel era is my favorite. Not necessarily the quality of the films (although I love the prequel films) but the history and lore of that era is just awesome and my favorite SW vehicles come from that era. The lego opportunities are endless

10 hours ago, eliminator said:

Hopefully CW Season 7 results in an updated Republic Gunship. Seems like a no-brainer for Lego to generate easy $$$.

I literally had a dream about a new LEGO Republic Gunship last night (yes, I’m sick :blush: :tongue:)

Like you said, easy money

As some of you have mentioned, this is not the place for wishlisting. Please use the appropriate threads for that and use this thread to talk about substantiated rumors for 2020.

15 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I’m hoping to get what will be my dream set, and also make the both of you happy!  Imagine if we were to get a Wolfpack Republic Gunship with the “Plo’s Bros” nose art. With an updated Plo Koon, commander Wolffe and 104th members like Comet, Sinker and Boost!

it would be incredible to also get a battle pack with just regular 104th battalion clones to army build <3 

this all should be in the wishlist forum however, I just wanted to mention it since the talk of clone wars, Plo and the LAAT.

If we get an LAAT, it'd probably be the bad batch one, given that that arc is known to feature in the show. But as a few people have said now, we should get out of the wishlist area. 

Remember, we don't even know if there will be a wave of normal (as in not a bust or d-o) SW sets in april, much less if they will have anything to do with clone wars.

Didn’t mean to start a wishlist topic, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything since it stands to reason we should get some sets based off the revived series. My bad for that tangent though 

Back on-topic: My prediction for the contents of the First Order Battlepack, based on LEGO's past releases. 

Recent Battlepacks (with some exceptions) generally employ a 2-1-1 format with regard to Minifigures (See spoiler). Thus, since the FO Battlepack is likely Sith Trooper-focused (based on its codename), the Minifig breakdown will probably be: Sith Trooper (2x), Sith Jet Trooper (1x), FO Stormtrooper (1x). 

Spoiler

- 75225: Visor Helmet EPG (2x), Pointed Helmet EPG (1x), FO Stormtrooper (1x) 
 - 75197: FO Executioner Stormtrooper (2x), FO Shuttle Pilot (1x), FO Crew (1x) 
 - 75207: Imperial Patrol Trooper (2x), Imperial Recruitment Officer (1x), Imperial Emigration Officer (1x) 
 - 75206: Phase I Clone Trooper (2x), Ki-Adi-Mundi (1x), Barriss Offee (1x) 
 - 75166: FO Stormtrooper (2x), FO Flametrooper (1x), FO Officer (1x) 
 - 75134: Imperial Jumptrooper (2x), Imperial Shock Trooper (1x), Imperial Crew (1x) 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Back on-topic: My prediction for the contents of the First Order Battlepack, based on LEGO's past releases. 

Recent Battlepacks (with some exceptions) generally employ a 2-1-1 format with regard to Minifigures (See spoiler). Thus, since the FO Battlepack is likely Sith Trooper-focused (based on its codename), the Minifig breakdown will probably be: Sith Trooper (2x), Sith Jet Trooper (1x), FO Stormtrooper (1x). 

Reveal hidden contents

- 75225: Visor Helmet EPG (2x), Pointed Helmet EPG (1x), FO Stormtrooper (1x) 
 - 75197: FO Executioner Stormtrooper (2x), FO Shuttle Pilot (1x), FO Crew (1x) 
 - 75207: Imperial Patrol Trooper (2x), Imperial Recruitment Officer (1x), Imperial Emigration Officer (1x) 
 - 75206: Phase I Clone Trooper (2x), Ki-Adi-Mundi (1x), Barriss Offee (1x) 
 - 75166: FO Stormtrooper (2x), FO Flametrooper (1x), FO Officer (1x) 
 - 75134: Imperial Jumptrooper (2x), Imperial Shock Trooper (1x), Imperial Crew (1x) 

I agree, especially with the 2:1:1 ratio recently. Almost every battlepack we've had in the past few years follows that trend, like the tatooine and resistance ones in addition to all those you mentioned.

However, I think we could see an FO officer instead of normal trooper.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

However, I think we could see an FO officer instead of normal trooper.

Possibly, but what kind? We do still need a black-uniformed NCO, but since this is probably the last FO-based Battlepack (at least, for a while), LEGO may want to provide an inexpensive source of EP.8/EP.9 Stormtroopers.