MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And lego will probably do something to differentiate them. The Krennic's Shuttle Death Troopers had pauldrons and the Throne Room Praetorian Guards had skirts which were either absent or replaced in the battlepack

The Death Troopers also had slightly different printing if I remember correctly

I hope the do a pack that is actually "collectable", i.e. useful more than once or twice. Anybody remember that older CW pack with two named Jedi in it? Not like that please!

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only set confirmed forJanuary wave, although it's really possible that we'll get more later that year. Also, the retailer exclusives are still a thing, so there's always a slight chance.

We don't know anything about the Battle Pack, but that it's based on The Mandalorian. I really hope it's not a random army builder based on the show, and that it actually includes the main character.

Whether it’s the battle pack or a future set, I’d like to get him in his updated armor

16 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It would really suck if the Mandalorian battlepack is yet another Imperial army-builder. I like Stormtroopers as much as the next guy but including some of the aliens from the series would be so much more interesting: just from the trailer they could do that Ugnaught, Trandoshans, a new print for a Rodian or a Quarren!

I’m hoping for either Imperial remnants (which I think would be quite different from previous Imperial battle packs) or a bounty hunter battle pack, which we all know isn’t impossible

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I have to disagree with you there; I hope it‘s an army builder, most likely based on the Imperial Remnants (i.e. Stormies with worn-out armour, Death Troopers, Flame Troopers etc). You‘ve said it yourself, a Razorcrest set could show up later in the year which would undoubtedly include the spaceship‘s owner, rendering an appearance of his in the battle pack superfluous :wink: 

If we get a Battle Pack with some unique Star Wars characters, that will be great. Or some of the main characters, like IG-11, Moff Gideon or Greff Carga.

I actually want Mandalorian to be included there so I don't have to Bricklink him.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, they definitely did.  I was going to mention this.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we get a Battle Pack with some unique Star Wars characters, that will be great. Or some of the main characters, like IG-88, Moff Gideon or Greff Carga.

I actually want Mandalorian to be included there so I don't have to Bricklink him.

Doubt they would have him again showing up in a battlepack. Bricklinking is the nicest activitiy ever, you should embrace it!

If we get a Battle Pack with some unique Star Wars characters, that will be great. Or some of the main characters, like IG-88, Moff Gideon or Greff Carga.

The IG droid in The Mandalorian is actually IG-11, a brand new character. Not IG-88 :wink:

Edited by Guyon2002

On 10/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope it's Sith trooper related, but I'm expecting something like 2 Jet troopers and 2 filler figures. Kinda wondering why lego is always including those filler figures though, especially since their choices don't really make sense (like the Death Star Trooper in the Solo battlepack)

maybe because a pack of four white troopers wouldn't stand out on shelves without some black or grey ones to mix it up?

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

44 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

maybe because a pack of four white troopers wouldn't stand out on shelves without som black or grey ones to mix it up?

You literally just summed up tokenization in Hollywood under the guise of inclusion. 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They did! Chest pieces were different. Somes had ammo container and others only armor. Hopefully if there is a Soth Trooper pack it will not be like this. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The IG droid in The Mandalorian is actually IG-11, a brand new character. Not IG-88 :wink:

Ah yeah, thank you. I know it, just swapped them because of mysterious reasons to me :wacko:

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Doubt they would have him again showing up in a battlepack. Bricklinking is the nicest activitiy ever, you should embrace it!

I love Bricklinking, but I would rather just get a cheap set with him.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

*ig-11, but I agree those would all be great characters to get. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You literally just summed up tokenization in Hollywood under the guise of inclusion. 

lol

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ah yeah, thank you. I know it, just swapped them because of mysterious reasons to me :wacko:

I love Bricklinking, but I would rather just get a cheap set with him.

We know there's another mandalorian coming, but whether or not it is THE mandalorian remains to be seen. Personally, and although the leaked torso doesn't match, I hope we see the mandalorian with more scarlet armor or something, since we know he upgrades it over the course of the show. If we ever do end up getting more sets than the raider and BP I REALLY hope we get the mandalorian with his more shiny/silver armor. (Not really sure what to call it, assumably the final form of his S1 armor based on what we see in trailer 2)

Apparently, the busts (Stormtrooer and Boba Fett) cost around $60 and release on April 1st - info comes from very reliable leaker.

The thing that matters here is a confirmation of April wave, and do you think this is when we'll get spoiler(ish) sets for TROS and maybe more sets for Mandalorian? I hope they don't wait until June.

Apparently, the busts (Stormtrooer and Boba Fett) cost around $60 and release on April 1st - info comes from very reliable leaker.

The thing that matters here is a confirmation of April wave, and do you think this is when we'll get spoiler(ish) sets for TROS and maybe more sets for Mandalorian? I hope they don't wait until June.

If we know 2 of the sets releasing but don't even have numbers or anything, it think it's unlikely. Especially since a spoilery TROS set would HAVE to be released AT LEAST 6 months after the film to mantain secrecy.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*ig-11, but I agree those would all be great characters to get. 

lol

We know there's another mandalorian coming, but whether or not it is THE mandalorian remains to be seen. Personally, and although the leaked torso doesn't match, I hope we see the mandalorian with more scarlet armor or something, since we know he upgrades it over the course of the show. If we ever do end up getting more sets than the raider and BP I REALLY hope we get the mandalorian with his more shiny/silver armor. (Not really sure what to call it, assumably the final form of his S1 armor based on what we see in trailer 2)

I think the brown torso IS the red torso, it just looked much more brown in earlier concepts and footage and started to look more red in the trailers. I think it’s the same armor though. The all silver armor is definitely an upgrade though, and I hope we get that version in minifig form

31 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

Will there be any Fallen order sets released? I seem to remember the Battlefront games and KOTOR Online both got some sets.

Recent SW game sets we're limited to battlepacks only. So it could happen, but I'm not expecting anything big. It would be super cool to get the Stinger Mantis with Cal, Cere, Greez, 2nd Sister and 1 or 2 Purgetroopers but then again the Corvus would've been just as cool and we never got that.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If we know 2 of the sets releasing but don't even have numbers or anything, it think it's unlikely. Especially since a spoilery TROS set would HAVE to be released AT LEAST 6 months after the film to mantain secrecy.

75276 and 75277 are the set numbers for the busts.

18 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the brown torso IS the red torso, it just looked much more brown in earlier concepts and footage and started to look more red in the trailers. I think it’s the same armor though. The all silver armor is definitely an upgrade though, and I hope we get that version in minifig form

I know, I'm saying I'd like a proper red torso, although I guess just slapping some dark red arms on him could work.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75276 and 75277 are the set numbers for the busts.

Numbers for any other sets. I'm saying if we know this much about sets releasing in april but there's no news of anything else at all, it likely means we aren't seeing an april wave, or at the very least it's too soon to do so.

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know, I'm saying I'd like a proper red torso, although I guess just slapping some dark red arms on him could work.

Numbers for any other sets. I'm saying if we know this much about sets releasing in april but there's no news of anything else at all, it likely means we aren't seeing an april wave, or at the very least it's too soon to do so.

75274 is also coming in April.

After seeing the second trailer, I’m finally hyped for Rise of Skywalker.  I stupidly sold my original two Resistance X-Wing, and while I hope to scoop them up used on eBay again someday, the new Poe model has definitely piqued my interest.  

Can anyone confirm whether Poe’s helmet is the same in TROS (i.e. will I likely need to Bricklink the helmet from 75102)?  Also, is it confirmed whether he’s flying with R2 or B.B.-8 this time?  I’ve seen conflicting sources (for the set, I mean, not spoilers from the movie).  

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Can anyone confirm whether Poe’s helmet is the same in TROS (i.e. will I likely need to Bricklink the helmet from 75102)?  Also, is it confirmed whether he’s flying with R2 or B.B.-8 this time?  I’ve seen conflicting sources (for the set, I mean, not spoilers from the movie).  

I‘ve only seen one rumour floating around, and according to that one, the set includes R2, Poe, a Stormie and an unknown minifig, presumably Jannah. We don‘t know if Poe dons his suit + helmet (neither in regards to the set nor the actual movie), but it’s pretty likely that he does I‘d say :classic:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ve only seen one rumour floating around, and according to that one, the set includes R2, Poe, a Stormie and an unknown minifig, presumably Jannah. We don‘t know if Poe dons his suit + helmet (neither in regards to the set nor the actual movie), but it’s pretty likely that he does I‘d say :classic:

Thank you!!  Maybe I just imagined the BB-8 rumor?  It would seem a little cold of Poe to go into battle without his little buddy, though.  :shrug_oh_well:

Well, 75278 D-O is also coming in April ($70 price).

So we've got 4 confirmed sets in April (for now) - 75274 (unknown, $60), 75276 (Stormtrooper bust, $60), 75277 (Boba Fett bust, $60) and 75278 (D-O, $70).

13 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Thank you!!  Maybe I just imagined the BB-8 rumor?  It would seem a little cold of Poe to go into battle without his little buddy, though.  :shrug_oh_well:

We know BB-8 is not with Poe during the climax since he‘s leading the charge of the cavalry in the trailer :laugh: