MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If Jannah shows up in this wave, the X-Wing truly is the only sensible option. 

That would still be great, I've already decided to buy it :laugh_hard: (unless it somehow really sucks)

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If Jannah shows up in this wave, the X-Wing truly is the only sensible option. Her being included in the TIE Dagger set wouldn't make much sense despite Finn rumoured to be included, since we know there's a third KoR coming and that one has to be featured in that set. The BP is also out of the question and we don't know about any additional sets, though I'd very much welcome them :moar:

I agree.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would still be great, I've already decided to buy it :laugh_hard: (unless it somehow really sucks)

I'll get it once it goes on sale, maybe sooner or not at all depending on how they get the orange/white split.

I don‘t think we‘ll see Palps showing up in a set next summer anymore... Reportedly, Hasbro hasn‘t received any reference pictures yet. If the same goes for TLG -and I don‘t see why Disney/LFL should treat them any differently - we won‘t see him until Jan 2021 at the earliest :sad: Unless it‘s a polybag or something which doesn‘t take as long to design as a proper set :shrug_confused: 

The same report also states that Hasbro will wait after the film has been released to decide whether to release all six KoR as Black Series figures. Luckily, this shouldn‘t concern TLG since a minifig in a set that has other selling factors is hard to compare to a figure solely dedicated to an individual character. Besides, other companies have released merch based on all six Knights already, so I don‘t see why TLG wouldn‘t :wink:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t think we‘ll see Palps showing up in a set next summer anymore... Reportedly, Hasbro hasn‘t received any reference pictures yet. If the same goes for TLG -and I don‘t see why Disney/LFL should treat them any differently - we won‘t see him until Jan 2021 at the earliest :sad: Unless it‘s a polybag or something which doesn‘t take as long to design as a proper set :shrug_confused: 

The same report also states that Hasbro will wait after the film has been released to decide whether to release all six KoR as Black Series figures. Luckily, this shouldn‘t concern TLG since a minifig in a set that has other selling factors is hard to compare to a figure solely dedicated to an individual character. Besides, other companies have released merch based on all six Knights already, so I don‘t see why TLG wouldn‘t :wink:

I agree about the KOR thing. Hasbro wouldn't be likely to release a black series Wuher, Connix, Bucket, griff Haloren, or any of the other very minor figures lego has made this year.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:51 PM, Lego-Freak said:

If Jannah shows up in this wave, the X-Wing truly is the only sensible option.

Years of following and collecting Lego have taught me that sensible is not their forte when it comes to matching minifigures with sets. :laugh:

10 hours ago, legolandia said:

Years of following and collecting Lego have taught me that sensible is not their forte when it comes to matching minifigures with sets. :laugh:

No, he means like it's the only option, I think. We know the rumored minifigure makeups of the other TROS set, so unless she shows up in the first order battlepack, she'll be in this one.

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, he means like it's the only option, I think. We know the rumored minifigure makeups of the other TROS set, so unless she shows up in the first order battlepack, she'll be in this one.

Exactly. If she shows up in this wave as a rumour suggests, it has to be the X-Wing since the only other options are the TIE Dagger and the FO battle pack. The TIE Dagger would make little sense since we know there's a third KoR coming and he (?) pretty much has to be included there. The only other option would be an as-of-yet unknown retailer exclusive, but I'm not sure if they're even doing those any more since TRU has died. Besides, we'd probably know about that if there was one coming and so far, the new films never had retailer exclusives dedicated to them, at least as far as I know :wink:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. If she shows up in this wave as a rumour suggests, it has to be the X-Wing since the only other options are the TIE Dagger and the FO battle pack. The TIE Dagger would make little sense since we know there's a third KoR coming and he (?) pretty much has to be included there. The only other option would be an as-of-yet unknown retailer exclusive, but I'm not sure if they're even doing those any more since TRU has died. Besides, we'd probably know about that if there was one coming and so far, the new films never had retailer exclusives dedicated to them, at least as far as I know :wink:

Now a retail exclusive, that's an interesting prospect. As you said, it's unlikely, but the potential for something like vader's castle to come out of nowhere is exciting.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

To be fair the Sith Trooper battle pack could come with a knight of Ren as LEGO doesn't like to have 4 figures of the same colour in these sets

53 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

To be fair the Sith Trooper battle pack could come with a knight of Ren as LEGO doesn't like to have 4 figures of the same colour in these sets

It will most likely be just another random officer, and we only know it's First Order related. Not necessarily Sith Troopers

Sure, all we currently know is that it‘s FO related, but after the four FO-themed battle pack released over the last few years, it‘d be silly to include minifigs we‘ve had plenty of before rather than focussing on the new stuff, i.e. Sith Troopers and Sith Jet Troopers :wink: If there have to be repeats, I‘d be ok with an officer (who we’ve had only one of in a BP), a Snowtrooper (who weirdly enough haven‘t been in any of the previous FO BPs) or a FO Jet Trooper, but please no more regular Stormies or worse, Crew :grin:

And I don‘t think they‘ll include named characters in here. Sure, there were the Bounty Hunter, Jedi and Inferno Squad BPs, but in those cases they didn‘t have much of a choice :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And I don‘t think they‘ll include named characters in here. Sure, there were the Bounty Hunter, Jedi and Inferno Squad BPs, but in those cases they didn‘t have much of a choice :shrug_oh_well:

The Jedi and Clone Troopers battlepack could've easily be a Clone Trooper only battlepack imo. Not that I'm complaining, I love having a cheap way to get Bariss and Ki-Adi-Mundi

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Jedi and Clone Troopers battlepack could've easily be a Clone Trooper only battlepack imo. Not that I'm complaining, I love having a cheap way to get Bariss and Ki-Adi-Mundi

it's a nice way to get more clones and to an extent to get some more genric jedi parts, but I feel like this would have been better as either a full out jedi or clone only battle pack, as you said. Which reminds me, weren't the clones in that set origionally going to be P2 based on some preliminary or something? That would have been so much better, we've so rarely gotten P2 shinies.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It will most likely be just another random officer, and we only know it's First Order related. Not necessarily Sith Troopers

True, but c'mon, sith troopers are likely going to be included here, like the preatorians and death troopers were in past packs after being in more expensive sets. it's not by any means certain, but it's likely we'll see something like: 2 sith troopers, a jet trooper of either colour, and a snowtrooper or officer.

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

True, but what I was trying to get at was that they didn‘t have much of a choice when designing a Jedi battle pack: you can‘t make an army-building BP of a faction that is inherently non-generic :wink: Sure, they easily could‘ve done a Clone Trooper BP instead, but they wanted to do a combo, thus bringing the dilemma upon themselves :purrr:

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

it's a nice way to get more clones and to an extent to get some more genric jedi parts, but I feel like this would have been better as either a full out jedi or clone only battle pack, as you said. Which reminds me, weren't the clones in that set origionally going to be P2 based on some preliminary or something? That would have been so much better, we've so rarely gotten P2 shinies.

True, but c'mon, sith troopers are likely going to be included here, like the preatorians and death troopers were in past packs after being in more expensive sets. it's not by any means certain, but it's likely we'll see something like: 2 sith troopers, a jet trooper of either colour, and a snowtrooper or officer.

I really hope it's Sith trooper related, but I'm expecting something like 2 Jet troopers and 2 filler figures. Kinda wondering why lego is always including those filler figures though, especially since their choices don't really make sense (like the Death Star Trooper in the Solo battlepack)

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for both Sith troopers and jet trooper(s)... a battle pack that cherry-picks highly desirable, exclusive figs from two different sets would be a bit more generous than LEGO is known to be. Yes, it could happen, but with Rey almost certain to appear in another set down the line, the jet trooper is the main draw for the speeder set... LEGO invariably leaves at least one fig exclusive to each set. (Yes, the treadspeeder driver would technically be exclusive too... but the differences there are barely noticeable, and hardly going to inspire a lot of repeat purchases).

17 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

[...] the jet trooper is the main draw for the speeder set... [...]

Exactly. This is why Sith Jet Troopers are more likely in my opinion :classic: 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope it's Sith trooper related, but I'm expecting something like 2 Jet troopers and 2 filler figures. Kinda wondering why lego is always including those filler figures though, especially since their choices don't really make sense (like the Death Star Trooper in the Solo battlepack)

The filler figures are usually for variety, which I agree is stupid, but I guess it keeps the packs from looking the same. They could fix that by giving us some clone trooper packs, maybe for different regiments, those are pretty colourful.

7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for both Sith troopers and jet trooper(s)... a battle pack that cherry-picks highly desirable, exclusive figs from two different sets would be a bit more generous than LEGO is known to be. Yes, it could happen, but with Rey almost certain to appear in another set down the line, the jet trooper is the main draw for the speeder set... LEGO invariably leaves at least one fig exclusive to each set. (Yes, the treadspeeder driver would technically be exclusive too... but the differences there are barely noticeable, and hardly going to inspire a lot of repeat purchases).

I think there's a case to be made for the sith troopers here. It would be the third time that highly desirable elite troopers have come in an expensive set, than been released a few months later in a battlepack. it happened with the death troopers in rogue one and the preatorians for TLJ. It's also an economically smart decision, get the sith trooper in as a draw for the shuttle, then a way for people to stock up on him a few months later. they get the bonus of the sith trooper being exclusive to the shuttle from it's release to at the very minimum when the 2020 set images/descriptions leak, and then get a ton of sales from people buying multiple copies of the sith trooper battlepack. 

I guess it is more unlikely that the normal jet trooper would show up too, but I don't think anyone's going to spend $40 on a set just to get a single figure. (If anyone is though, message me I'll buy your extra rey as I didn't get the set :roflmao:)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think there's a case to be made for the sith troopers here. It would be the third time that highly desirable elite troopers have come in an expensive set, than been released a few months later in a battlepack. it happened with the death troopers in rogue one and the preatorians for TLJ. It's also an economically smart decision, get the sith trooper in as a draw for the shuttle, then a way for people to stock up on him a few months later. they get the bonus of the sith trooper being exclusive to the shuttle from it's release to at the very minimum when the 2020 set images/descriptions leak, and then get a ton of sales from people buying multiple copies of the sith trooper battlepack. 

I guess it is more unlikely that the normal jet trooper would show up too, but I don't think anyone's going to spend $40 on a set just to get a single figure. (If anyone is though, message me I'll buy your extra rey as I didn't get the set :roflmao:)

And lego will probably do something to differentiate them. The Krennic's Shuttle Death Troopers had pauldrons and the Throne Room Praetorian Guards had skirts which were either absent or replaced in the battlepack

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not saying they won't put the Sith Troopers in the Battle Pack. I'm saying they're unlikely to put both the Sith Troopers and the Jet Troopers in it. Of the two, the Sith Troopers are the more likely candidates, since there are several other figures in the Kylo Shuttle set which could remain exclusive to that set (Pryde, one or both of the two Knights of Ren), whereas there aren't with the Speeder set.

And, there are absolutely many, many collectors (not to mention BrickLink sellers) who will buy multiples of the Speeder set at $40 a pop (or more likely, $32 since it's already on sale) to amass an army of Jet Troopers. (And LEGO knows that very well.)

14 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

What do you all speculate for the Mandalorian battle pack? Is this the only new Mandalorian ser rumored so far? I’d love to get the Razor Crest as a set some day.

The only set confirmed forJanuary wave, although it's really possible that we'll get more later that year. Also, the retailer exclusives are still a thing, so there's always a slight chance.

We don't know anything about the Battle Pack, but that it's based on The Mandalorian. I really hope it's not a random army builder based on the show, and that it actually includes the main character.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope it's not a random army builder based on the show, and that it actually includes the main character.

I have to disagree with you there; I hope it‘s an army builder, most likely based on the Imperial Remnants (i.e. Stormies with worn-out armour, Death Troopers, Flame Troopers etc). You‘ve said it yourself, a Razorcrest set could show up later in the year which would undoubtedly include the spaceship‘s owner, rendering an appearance of his in the battle pack superfluous :wink: 

28 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I have to disagree with you there; I hope it‘s an army builder, most likely based on the Imperial Remnants (i.e. Stormies with worn-out armour, Death Troopers, Flame Troopers etc). You‘ve said it yourself, a Razorcrest set could show up later in the year which would undoubtedly include the spaceship‘s owner, rendering an appearance of his in the battle pack superfluous :wink: 

That would be great

It would really suck if the Mandalorian battlepack is yet another Imperial army-builder. I like Stormtroopers as much as the next guy but including some of the aliens from the series would be so much more interesting: just from the trailer they could do that Ugnaught, Trandoshans, a new print for a Rodian or a Quarren!