MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unless that's darth porg in the throne.

Now I want a Darth Porg Minifig+80€ UCS display model.

Anyway, I don't think we'll se the Ghost in lego form any time soon, but I'm guessing that maybe a new B-Wing is not too farfetched a hope.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The rumours regarding his costume are accurate as well as some other things :wink: This will make for an excellent minifig! :thumbup:

> LoOk OuT fOr A SpOiLeR

> *literally gives away the spoiler in the next sentence*

It's big brain time :wall:

Thanks...

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Now I want a Darth Porg Minifig+80€ UCS display model.

Anyway, I don't think we'll se the Ghost in lego form any time soon, but I'm guessing that maybe a new B-Wing is not too farfetched a hope.

The set would clearly be a normal, minifigure scale porg but with a special hood piece and black colored parts, with a clip with a lightsaber instead of one wing, on a massive throne.

I agree, the ghost has less of a chance of showing up as a set now than it did for rogue one. (though considering how close it is to the falcon, it's possible we could hear hera in TROS, maybe.) The b-wing mark 2 has been alluded to in reference books and the like for so long, it would be nice to just get a high-res image at this point, though we'll probably see a set eventually considering the OG b-wing has had many, and it'll be easy for the MK2 to surpass it in screen time.

14 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

> LoOk OuT fOr A SpOiLeR

Thanks...

I'm not sure how much of a spoiler it is given that (this is in the trailer so I don't think it deserves a spoiler tag, but I will anyway. 

Spoiler

we see that he does indeed physically return in the final trailer

, but regardless, you're right. If you say beware of spoilers, you should probably use a spoiler tag for your next comment.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

> LoOk OuT fOr A SpOiLeR

Thanks...

Old Palpy is in the trailer, the spoiler is what he looks like :poke:

Just now, Bartybum said:

@Mandalorianknight @Lego-Freak

The trailer didn't give away anything about his form though, so saying that oh hey we're getting a minifig is a spoiler.

I agree, it would be nice if actual movie-leaks like those are either not discussed here or all put in spoiler tags. Even saying Palps has a physical form is kind of a spoiler as we only saw a cloak and some mechinal thing, for all we know it's a cloaked robot with Palps brain floating inside a small tank (that would be so goofy :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:)

These trailers are very deceiving. I would say there is no proof in this trailer that he returns physically. The figure on the chair with all the gadgets on the back (which looks different from the stone throne we see earlier) could very well be a dark Rey clone or something that’s plugged in to a machine. We know nothing and they like to lie to us in these trailers. I have not seen this supposed leaked image, I can’t find it at all, but there are a lot of fakes and gag articles out there.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

12 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@Mandalorianknight @Lego-Freak

The trailer didn't give away anything about his form though, so saying that oh hey we're getting a minifig is a spoiler.

There's an over-the-shoulder shot of him confronting rey, in which he appears to be physically back. In addition, all anyone ever said about a figure was that some "leaked image" that may not even be real would make a good figure. No one said "oh hey we're getting a minifig", and if they did, given the literal nature of this thread, it would be discussed.

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's an over-the-shoulder shot of him confronting rey, in which he appears to be physically back. In addition, all anyone ever said about a figure was that some "leaked image" that may not even be real would make a good figure. No one said "oh hey we're getting a minifig", and if they did, given the literal nature of this thread, it would be discussed.

Moreover, the teaser poster also implies the Senate's back, with him looming in the background and all that (which, for some reason, apparently was a close-up picture of the ROTJ Hot Toys action figure rather than a proper photo of Ian McDiarmid, but that's beside the point) :head_back: Interestingly, he's nowhere to be seen on the theatrical poster though... And neither are the Knights of Ren, Pryde, Hux or some Sith Troopers :wacko:

Regarding the leaked image:

Disney took down some videos that included it and another, very spoiler-y picture. It's therefore safe to assume they're real.

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The trailer shows some black mass moving towards Rey with what could be a cloak of some kind (or not), so we don’t really know what it is. I don’t care about the minifig. I care about the mention that the leaked costume info being correct would make a good minifig, which in turn effectively spoils that he’s back in a physical form.

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Moreover, the teaser poster also implies the Senate's back, with him looming in the background and all that (which, for some reason, apparently was a close-up picture of the ROTJ Hot Toys action figure rather than a proper photo of Ian McDiarmid, but that's beside the point) :head_back: Interestingly, he's nowhere to be seen on the theatrical poster though... And neither are the Knights of Ren, Pryde, Hux or some Sith Troopers :wacko:

Regarding the leaked image:

Reveal hidden contents

Disney took down some videos that included it and another, very spoiler-y picture. It's therefore safe to assume they're real.

Lego-Freak, question here.  Why do always call Emperor Palpatine "the senate"?  I understand there might be a translation issue here, but it always throws me when I read your posts.  I mean yes, he was Senator Palpatine, but then took the title of Emperor and abolished the institution of the Senate.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The trailer shows some black mass moving towards Rey with what could be a cloak of some kind (or not), so we don’t really know what it is. I don’t care about the minifig. I care about the mention that the leaked costume info being correct would make a good minifig, which in turn effectively spoils that he’s back in a physical form.

Him having a costume doesn't necessarily imply a physical form. Force ghosts e.g. aren't naked either, are they :head_back: There being a visual representation of sorts was kind of obvious from the get-go, I don't think they'd bring Ian McDiarmid back only for him to voice a formless blob or spectre or something.

5 minutes ago, Omand said:

Lego-Freak, question here.  Why do always call Emperor Palpatine "the senate"?  I understand there might be a translation issue here, but it always throws me when I read your posts.  I mean yes, he was Senator Palpatine, but then took the title of Emperor and abolished the institution of the Senate.

Cheers

It's just a nickname he's got due to his "I am the Senate" quote from ROTS. It's basically a prequel meme :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

4 minutes ago, Omand said:

Cheers

It's a reference to Revenge of the Sith, where Palpatine says "I am the Senate" after Mace comes to arrest him. It's become one of the many memes spawned by the prequels.

Thanks both.  Seen the prequels a couple of times, but that quote obviously did not stick with me.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

It's pretty clearly a palpatine-like cloak, and well it could be something else, the assumption at least disney is giving us is that it's palpatine. Also, just dialogue from him and whatnot means he's probably really back either having survived the fall or in a host body or something, both of which would use a figure. Even if he was a spirit (which would be weird, as the sith were shown to be obsessed with immortalitly because they could not live on after death, with the exception of momin, star wars explained has some good videos on this), saying "this would make for an excellent minifigure" as @Lego-Freak does could still apply. A force ghost would make an excellent figure. But I encourage you to read lego-freak's comment about the poster as well, which also pretty clearly shows he's back.

1 hour ago, Omand said:

Cheers

He's called the senate as a meme (or joke, I'm not sure how well meme translates) due to his "I am the senate" line from ROTS. It's interesting that while he was mentioned or had small roles in all the films, he only really had big scenes in ROTJ, ROTS, and (assumably, hopefully) TROS, the end of each trilogy.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, Omand said:

Cheers

It’s due to a quote of his.

I could potentially see Jannah and and an Orbak (maybe even 2 with Finn tagging along) being included in a set based on that waterspeeder Rey was using to get to the Death Star II wreckage. Especially now we know the planet is called Kef Bir and is also Jannah's homeworld

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could potentially see Jannah and and an Orbak (maybe even 2 with Finn tagging along) being included in a set based on that waterspeeder Rey was using to get to the Death Star II wreckage. Especially now we know the planet is called Kef Bir and is also Jannah's homeworld

I thought Jannah was passanian, but yeah an Orback set is likely. However, the waterspeeder looks similar to her desert speeder, and I doubt lego would release 2 sets with a similar build and potentially the same price within a few years of the OG set, so if the orbacks show up in wave 3, they probably won't be in that set. 

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

However, the waterspeeder looks similar to her desert speeder [...]

Which desert speeder? To me, the water speeder looks rather unique :shrug_oh_well: 

Speaking of Kef Bir and Pasaana: I think the confusion stems from the first batch of EW pictures, where the Orbaks were stated to be native to Pasaana. But now we know that not only is Jannah from Kef Bir, it's also the location of the Death Star II wrack. So the original EW info must be wrong and the Orbaks are native to Kef Bir instead :classic: This makes way more sense anyway since planets with more than one biom are highly unusual for Star Wars.

So Jannah could be included in either a potential water speeder set or an Orbak set. In an ideal world, they'd be combined into one set, like the Encounter on Jakku set that combined the Luggabeast and Unkar Plutt scenes. One can dream...

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Which desert speeder? To me, the water speeder looks rather unique :shrug_oh_well: 

Speaking of Kef Bir and Pasaana: I think the confusion stems from the first batch of EW pictures, where the Orbaks were stated to be native to Pasaana. But now we know that not only is Jannah from Kef Bir, it's also the location of the Death Star II wrack. So the original EW info must be wrong and the Orbaks are native to Kef Bir instead :classic: This makes way more sense anyway since planets with more than one biom are highly unusual for Star Wars.

So Jannah could be included in either a potential water speeder set or an Orbak set. In an ideal world, they'd be combined into one set, like the Encounter on Jakku set that combined the Luggabeast and Unkar Plutt scenes. One can dream...

Jannah is included in another set.

2 hours ago, Renown said:

Jannah is included in another set.

Do you know this, or is this speculation based on the whole 'spicy figure in poe's x-wing' thing? Sorry, it's hard to keep track of who here has inside information sometimes.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry, for some reason I remembered the water speeder looking more like the skiff from the passana set. On close examination it does look different, as the outrigger bits are in the middle and farther out, as well as being more of thrusters than the larger ones on the skiff. 

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Do you know this, or is this speculation based on the whole 'spicy figure in poe's x-wing' thing? Sorry, it's hard to keep track of who here has inside information sometimes.

Sorry, for some reason I remembered the water speeder looking more like the skiff from the passana set. On close examination it does look different, as the outrigger bits are in the middle and farther out, as well as being more of thrusters than the larger ones on the skiff. 

It's not speculation. She is coming in a set soon.

3 hours ago, Renown said:

It's not speculation. She is coming in a set soon.

Thank you, like I said earlier I lose track of who has inside information sometimes.

Logically she would be showing up in the x-wing set, which is good as that set doesn't have too much going for it right now.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Logically she would be showing up in the x-wing set, which is good as that set doesn't have too much going for it right now.

If Jannah shows up in this wave, the X-Wing truly is the only sensible option. Her being included in the TIE Dagger set wouldn't make much sense despite Finn rumoured to be included, since we know there's a third KoR coming and that one has to be featured in that set. The BP is also out of the question and we don't know about any additional sets, though I'd very much welcome them :moar:

Edited by Lego-Freak