MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Nice to get the helmet for Wedge in a cheap set; although it pisses me off to no end that NAMED pilots still have that terrible generic pilot face. Sassy smile and goofy terror expression. Even with UCS sets Lego doesn't bother with their face printing, like gold leader for the Y-Wing. Hell the TIE UCS pilot has ''rare'' variant of angry clone face that's more interesting. 

Wedge is featured in all 3 movies, only guy to survive both death star battles and wasn't blown to pieces on hoth and still gets generic goofy Mcdude printing. 

The least they could do is re-use the much better facial print used for the first x-wing microfighter ( Theron Nett )

It is really annoying that they can't bother to make different face prints for the named pilots. At least the new helmet is yet more likely to be gone though, I know this is again for a juniors set but it'll have been 1 and 1/2 years since the last release of the new helmet, with multiple juniors and normal system sets using the old mold.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least the ''Goofy Mcdude'' face looks better than the angry clone face which has been used to death

That print annoys me to no end. There are so many problems with it. First off, it's used for every masked or fully helmeted generic bad guy, despite the fact that very few imperials and virtually no first order troops were clones. I don't get why they do that, when there is a cheaper option of just having them have blank black heads that's not only cheaper but more accurate. They could also just use different face prints for them, if they need to be shown with faces. And it's not even really all that accurate for clones, either! I don't see how the face resembles a clone, but the flesh color should be darker to better represent the characters.

30 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Maybe try this one from 2015, It's what I use on my 2006 wedge, it technically is a angry clone face though 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1225&idColor=90#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

I feel like the visor is the wrong shape on this one, and he looks too much like a clone to me, but at least it's different.

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like the visor is the wrong shape on this one, and he looks too much like a clone to me, but at least it's different.

It definitely isn't one hundred percent accurate. But it works for me, just the calm face, not the angry one, though as someone said, maybe theron netts face could work

On 10/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, RetroInferno said:

Nice to get the helmet for Wedge in a cheap set; although it pisses me off to no end that NAMED pilots still have that terrible generic pilot face. Sassy smile and goofy terror expression. Even with UCS sets Lego doesn't bother with their face printing, like gold leader for the Y-Wing. Hell the TIE UCS pilot has ''rare'' variant of angry clone face that's more interesting. 

Wedge is featured in all 3 movies, only guy to survive both death star battles and wasn't blown to pieces on hoth and still gets generic goofy Mcdude printing. 

The least they could do is re-use the much better facial print used for the first x-wing microfighter ( Theron Nett )

I'm peeved (but not surprised) that the rereleased Wedge helmet doesn't have side-printing, like all the new 2017-and-beyond Rebel pilot helmets have had.  However, LEGO Star Wars is notorious for cutting corners and not updating these things, and I have to applaud the reuse of a helmet that has only been once released in a retired, reviled, $250 set. 

The Old Ben hair, on the other hand, is insulting.  It's also particularly astonishing because this piece works so much better, and it's been used for so many minifigures, even within the Star Wars theme.  

To be fair, the new Mustafar Obi-Wan and Anakin look pretty great!  They definitely have the high ground...or at least one of them does.  :vader:

It will be really interesting to see whether Wes Janson from Assault on Hoth is also included in the Juniors Snowspeeder.  I think they've been using the X-Wing pilot outfits as another means of cutting corners; the Snowspeeder pilot torsos were notoriously for transparent/bleeding printing through the white flak vests, and while the X-Wing torsos have had better quality control.  Plus, only complete nerds could tell the difference.  Ahem...  :laugh:

6 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm peeved (but not surprised) that the rereleased Wedge helmet doesn't have side-printing, like all the new 2017-and-beyond Rebel pilot helmets have had.  However, LEGO Star Wars is notorious for cutting corners and not updating these things, and I have to applaud the reuse of a helmet that has only been once released in a retired, reviled, $250 set. 

The Old Ben hair, on the other hand, is insulting.  It's also particularly astonishing because this piece works so much better, and it's been used for so many minifigures, even within the Star Wars theme.  

To be fair, the new Mustafar Obi-Wan and Anakin look pretty great!  They definitely have the high ground...or at least one of them does.  :vader:

It will be really interesting to see whether Wes Janson from Assault on Hoth is also included in the Juniors Snowspeeder.  I think they've been using the X-Wing pilot outfits as another means of cutting corners; the Snowspeeder pilot torsos were notoriously for transparent/bleeding printing through the white flak vests, and while the X-Wing torsos have had better quality control.  Plus, only complete nerds could tell the difference.  Ahem...  :laugh:

It is annoying, but at least it's an easy fix for obi-wan.

Since it's a juniors set, I'd say it's not 100% likely we'll see 2 pilots, but I'd expect the other to be luke.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Since it's a juniors set, I'd say it's not 100% likely we'll see 2 pilots, but I'd expect the other to be luke.

Luke himself could well sit this one out - Star Wars 4+ sets are actually just 1-for-3 on including core main heroes, the TIE Fighter is actually bizarrely almost army-buildable if one is so inclined, and the A-wing has another generic pilot and only Threepio (not the strongest selling point in the world, especially with the simultaneously available Dewback set) to give a little name recognition. That said, it would be fitting if they reused both the Assault on Hoth Wedge AND Luke in a Juniors kit - get those figures available to a broader community than the lonely few who suffered the grim fate of actually paying $250 for Assault on Hoth...

On 10/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, Guyon2002 said:

At least the ''Goofy Mcdude'' face looks better than the angry clone face which has been used to death

Angry clone hurts a heck of a lot less than the Dakface reuse because we largely never need to see it. It's kind of an accepted meme at this point, and at least for troopers if you really want to diversify, you can draw on any of the myriad existing fleshtone male faceprints out there to shake up your Empire or your First Order. 

The Dakface, on the other hand, ruins any pilot figure it's on. It's good ONLY for Dak - a happy, ready-to-fight expression, and then a terrified about-to-be-blown-up expression. Great for what happens with Dak on Hoth. Trash for almost any other pilot, since neither expression is neutral or generic-looking. We need unique faceprints at the very least for Wedge - ironically, we may get OLD Wedge before Young Wedge with a unique print since the actor is recently rumored to appear in Episode IX. 

After that initial winter wave, I'd really love to see some DIFFERENT stuff this year. Would be great to finally touch upon some prequel stuff in a different way, rather than just the basic repeats of Kashyyyk battle sets, Jedi Starfighters, etc. Would be interesting to get some stuff that we never have or haven't since the film's release - Anakin vs Obi-Wan is a great start.

Hopefully, we can get some original trilogy stuff that hasn't been done in a long time, like Battle of Endor or Jabba's Palace. It's been about 6 years since the both of them. How great would a $30 speeder bike chase set be with Luke, Leia, and a Scout Trooper? 

There are still Last Jedi characters that are much overdue, like Crait Luke and Leia, so hopefully we'll get them eventually. 

I'm assuming they'll have a wide range of sets based on various films this year, since the Skywalker Saga game is coming out and its main focus is ALL 9 EPISODES. We'll wait and see...

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

How great would a $30 speeder bike chase set be with Luke, Leia, and a Scout Trooper? 

That would be great as a battlepack-sized set, but for 30$? ''Oh, I don't think so''

On 10/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I disagree as the angry clone is always covered by a helmet so it doesn't really matter

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I disagree as the angry clone is always covered by a helmet so it doesn't really matter

True, but a little variation wouldn't hurt. It would be such an improvement if they just gave us some other fairly common faces once in a while, especially as those are much easier to use outside of this theme 

On 10/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

1 pilot. 1 snow trooper. 1 mini snow speeder. 1 white speeder bike. 1little radar dish gun thing. 0 surprises.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

1 pilot. 1 snow trooper. 1 mini snow speeder. 1 white speeder bike. 1little radar dish gun thing. 0 surprises.

Is this a guess or do you know the contents of the set?

40 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is this a guess or do you know the contents of the set?

Not a guess. 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Renny The Spaceman said:

I disagree. Personally I think we need black heads so there's a more accurate bodysleeve look, but even with the flesh heads, they could give us a little variety with the OT/ST troops.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

disappointing, it doesn't have too much use as an army-builder compared to something like that hoth attack set from a few years back.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, Guyon2002 said:

That would be great as a battlepack-sized set, but for 30$? ''Oh, I don't think so''

Though if it was battlepack-sized, there'd be one oversized bike and a random imperial officer with the figures.

The new trailer showed some nice lego opportunities. Not a very impressive trailer, nothing really new to talk about as far as story, but some better shots of B-Wings and Stat Destroyers and other neat ships for this movie

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The new trailer showed some nice lego opportunities. Not a very impressive trailer, nothing really new to talk about as far as story, but some better shots of B-Wings and Stat Destroyers and other neat ships for this movie

The Ghost from Rebels appears briefly in one scene. It would be amazing (but unlikely) too have a new version of it with a quality in line with the new Millenium Falcon. Maybe just a cameo, like Chooper and the Ghost in Rogue One. Anyway, overall good Lego opportunities.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope we get Palpatine as soon as possible, I hope we get a Death Star ruins set with him, Rey and Kylo. It would be an instant buy.

Sounds like an ideal candidate for a summer 2020 set to me :thumbup: I hope the Senate has a new costume that also makes for a nice minifig, rather than just a rehash of his ROTJ version. (He does according to leaks that may at least be partially true, but you never know)

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

The Ghost from Rebels appears briefly in one scene. It would be amazing (but unlikely) too have a new version of it with a quality in line with the new Millenium Falcon. Maybe just a cameo, like Chooper and the Ghost in Rogue One. Anyway, overall good Lego opportunities.

The Ghost on the other hand seems very unlikely as a set candidate. Even though it‘s a lot more prominent in this trailer shot than it was in the Battle of Scarif in RO, it‘s still just a cameo, at least from what we currently know :classic:

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds like an ideal candidate for a summer 2020 set to me :thumbup: I hope the Senate has a new costume that also makes for a nice minifig, rather than just a rehash of his ROTJ version. (He does according to leaks that may at least be partially true, but you never know)

The Ghost on the other hand seems very unlikely as a set candidate. Even though it‘s a lot more prominent in this trailer shot than it was in the Battle of Scarif in RO, it‘s still just a cameo, at least from what we currently know :classic:

According to leaks (the most reliable Star Wars source out there) he has mostly dark red robes. That should make such a cool minifigure. 

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to leaks (the most reliable Star Wars source out there) he has mostly dark red robes. That should make such a cool minifigure. 

If we're talking about the same source, his costume apparently resembles

his dark red TCW attire specifically :wink:

His hood looks black in the trailer though, so maybe he's got more than one costume? :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope we get Palpatine as soon as possible, I hope we get a Death Star ruins set with him, Rey and Kylo. It would be an instant buy.

Don't get ahead of yourself yet. We have no idea if he even is in the movie as a physical person and not an evil dark side spirit.

3 hours ago, storskogen said:

That would be great, the Ghost wasn't that interesting when it came out but it really grew on me when Rebels got better and better. Too bad it was already off schelves

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

YES! But we don't really know if Palpatine even has a physical form

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be great, the Ghost wasn't that interesting when it came out but it really grew on me when Rebels got better and better. Too bad it was already off schelves

I know it's not the right forum for this, but I just think it's a mistake to bring Palpatine back, exactly as it was to bring Maul back in the Clone Wars Series, if someone dies nicely, just let them rest in pieces

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I mean, he looks pretty real in the trailer to me, there's an over the shoulder shot of him looking at rey. Unless that's darth porg in the throne.

30 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I know it's not the right forum for this, but I just think it's a mistake to bring Palpatine back, exactly as it was to bring Maul back in the Clone Wars Series, if someone dies nicely, just let them rest in pieces

Blasphemy! Maul's return an resulting story was amazing.

Beware of spoilers: a still of the Senate has leaked and is now making the rounds on the Internet. The rumours regarding his costume are accurate as well as some other things :wink: This will make for an excellent minifig! :thumbup: