MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

So new Obi-Wan has burns from lava on his robes, which is cool, but has very limited use outside of Mustafar battle. Also his beard looks very bad, so unkept and scruffy, when in the movie he has very clean looking beard. So mixed feelings about this fig.

The new Obi-Wan figure has a strange angry expression print :sceptic: Not sure how I feel about it as it looks kinda strange. The other side is good but quite comical

23 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So new Obi-Wan has burns from lava on his robes, which is cool, but has very limited use outside of Mustafar battle.

You could always use it for his jawa barbecue scene in Ep. IV...those jawas burn hot, you know!

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why why why does Anakin not have the Moody hairpiece?? It already exists in the perfect color, I’ll never understand Lego’s decisions sometimes. That hairpiece is so useful yet they don’t use it for anyone who it would be perfect for. Sure I can just apply it myself from the piece from the build a minifig stand but it’s still mind blowing that they don’t take advantage of a perfect hairpiece 

Maybe they actually didn't think about it, well it's very easily solved anyway, just bricklink and switch.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Not a new fig, but likely will be included in the 4+/Juniors Snowspeeder. 

I agree, it's the only set where his inclusion makes any sense.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So new Obi-Wan has burns from lava on his robes, which is cool, but has very limited use outside of Mustafar battle. 

does it really, though? This is the first time we've gotten battle-damaged robes, and they could easily be used, well, whenever you need a jedi figure to have battle damage. those spots could easily be seen as dirt smudges, lightsaber wounds, etc.

The battle damage detail looks nice and the leg printing is an improvement. Overall its a decent minifigure but the decision to stick with using dark orange for the hair/beard color does make it feel a little outdated when there are more accurate colors to pick from.

6 hours ago, Batman1 said:

The new Obi-Wan figure has a strange angry expression print :sceptic: Not sure how I feel about it as it looks kinda strange. The other side is good but quite comical

My thoughts exactly!

I don’t understand all this fuss about hairpieces for Anakin and Obi-Wan, the hairpieces they have now were created specifically for them. The two new pieces being suggested aren’t accurate at all. Mad eye moody’s hair piece is okay, but it’s a mirror of anakin’s actual hairstyle (it’s parted the opposite way). The commissioner Gordon hairpiece is an alright fit, but it’s far too square shaped when compared to a lot of the reference photos out there.

Edited by Brikkyy13

23 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t understand all this fuss about hairpieces for Anakin and Obi-Wan, the hairpieces they have now were created specifically for them. The two new pieces being suggested aren’t accurate at all. Mad eye moody’s hair piece is okay, but it’s a mirror of anakin’s actual hairstyle (it’s parted the opposite way). The commissioner Gordon hairpiece is an alright fit, but it’s far too square shaped when compared to a lot of the reference photos out there.

I agree that obi-wan's for ep 3 is alright, but I think anakin needs a new hairpiece since his hair is longer than the part suggests. Moody's hair might not work too well, but it would probably work better than his current hair, which is meant for the hair anakin has in the clone wars animated series. 

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Really? I mean I’m fine with Obi-Wans hair, but Anakin definitely has some better options nowadays then he did in say 2012. Like Lloyd hair from ninjago movie or old Luke’s hair which was recently made in dark brown color in HP line.

Isn't this the benefit of Lego? To just update any parts that you think would benefit from it?

I mean if we look at old Obi Wan he's still got the generic Lego sidepart mens hair in grey even for the upcoming home set.  Completely inaccurate but a very easy fix.

The Mustafar Obi and Ani are great. They both have the damaged robes (though it took me a bit longer to notice on Anakin because of his darker clothes), so that's great.
I agree Obi-Wan's beard is sooomewhat off, but it's still a good head in general, and I can just use an older Obi-Wan head instead :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

All these people complaining about the old Anakin and Obi-Wan hairpieces and I'm just sitting here wondering why nobody's talking about the thousand times we've gotten Old Ben with that decades old hairpiece :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That Anakin hair was designed for Clone Wars Anakin, whose hair is very different from ROTS Anakin. That piece is very inaccurate for ROTS Anakin. I would rather have an accurate hairpiece that parts the other way than a completely inaccurate piece 

46 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

All these people complaining about the old Anakin and Obi-Wan hairpieces and I'm just sitting here wondering why nobody's talking about the thousand times we've gotten Old Ben with that decades old hairpiece :shrug_oh_well:

Yup. Definitely needs an upgrade 

19 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Although technically that’s Wedge has the X-Wing pilot printing, which is the same mistake they made with the 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder set. They have the X-Wing Pilot printing with the black hands instead of the more realistic Snowspeeder Pilot printing with white hands that was introduced in 2014. Also, I really hope we get a Wedge minifig in a TROS set eventually since he’s confirmed to be returning

I don't think it's a mistake, I think tlg just got lazy and didn't think people would notice. Cheaper to just make 1 rebel suit instead of 2.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. Remember the bad old days when Luke, Han and Ben all shared the same hairpiece? :laugh: Kind of amazing they‘re still producing it

On 10/14/2019 at 7:39 PM, benderisgreat said:

So new Obi-Wan has burns from lava on his robes, which is cool, but has very limited use outside of Mustafar battle. Also his beard looks very bad, so unkept and scruffy, when in the movie he has very clean looking beard. So mixed feelings about this fig.

Could be useful in more general battles as well. Same with Anakin’s torso.

Edit: this has already been mentioned, sorry.

I quite like the new figures, whether they have the old hairpieces or the new ones.

Edited by JekPorkchops

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. Remember the bad old days when Luke, Han and Ben all shared the same hairpiece? :laugh: Kind of amazing they‘re still producing it

Ugh, glad they fixed that. there was that weird in-between period too, where they all had the same hairpieces in, i think it was the mos-eisly set, but the faceprints were really weird for luke and han, luke's especially, in trying to be realistic and capturing what looked like wrinkles and spots and what have you. So you had them all with these 1978 hairpieces, but faceprints that were TOO realistic. Glad they fixed both those problems.

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well sometimes it's still the best one to use for some mocs, there are pretty many SW characters that just have short hair with a slightly ruff hairstyle, aint no other pieces to fit, especially if they dont have forclock.

Nice to get the helmet for Wedge in a cheap set; although it pisses me off to no end that NAMED pilots still have that terrible generic pilot face. Sassy smile and goofy terror expression. Even with UCS sets Lego doesn't bother with their face printing, like gold leader for the Y-Wing. Hell the TIE UCS pilot has ''rare'' variant of angry clone face that's more interesting. 

Wedge is featured in all 3 movies, only guy to survive both death star battles and wasn't blown to pieces on hoth and still gets generic goofy Mcdude printing. 

The least they could do is re-use the much better facial print used for the first x-wing microfighter ( Theron Nett )

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Nice to get the helmet for Wedge in a cheap set; although it pisses me off to no end that NAMED pilots still have that terrible generic pilot face. Sassy smile and goofy terror expression. Even with UCS sets Lego doesn't bother with their face printing, like gold leader for the Y-Wing. Hell the TIE UCS pilot has ''rare'' variant of angry clone face that's more interesting. 

Wedge is featured in all 3 movies, only guy to survive both death star battles and wasn't blown to pieces on hoth and still gets generic goofy Mcdude printing. 

The least they could do is re-use the much better facial print used for the first x-wing microfighter ( Theron Nett )

I've been thinking this for so long, I can live with characters like Dak or Gold leader using this face but with a character as relatively major as Wedge it's just wrong.

4 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

At least the ''Goofy Mcdude'' face looks better than the angry clone face which has been used to death